• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

Think he will be a good signing! Has a bit to prove but injury free walker definitely improves us. 

He turns 26 tomorrow, dear god I'm 20 years older the next day. Welcome home wee man. Where's ma Zimmer.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
17 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Mate of mine who knows him, told me on Saturday that he's already signed, just waiting to announce it. 

Hope that's not true, Hearts could be in serious trouble if they've signed someone who is still under contract at another club. He's still got a year to run so they can't even sign him on a pre-contract.

Totally torn on this, if he is the player of 5/6 years ago, great, not the disinterested slow waste of a shirt we had toward the end of his last spell. Time will tell I suppose. 

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Hope that's not true, Hearts could be in serious trouble if they've signed someone who is still under contract at another club. He's still got a year to run so they can't even sign him on a pre-contract.

He can sign, but we can't register him until everything else is done. Until then, it's just a piece of paper.

If we get the player he was before all the Rangers crap got in to his head then great.  

Edited by TexasAndy

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Back with tail between his legs ! Obviously not as good as him or his agent thought 

Something to prove then - hopefully he's hungry and wants to flick the metaphorical vics to his doubters.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He can sign, but we can't register him until everything else is done. Until then, it's just a piece of paper.

So explain why it is that the rules state a player can only sign a pre-contract within 6 months of his existing one ending.? Would be a bit of a redundant rule if he could sign with a year still left, but just not register it. It would also disadvantage him in any negotiations he's having with Wigan, surely.

Bambo Badonde
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Back with tail between his legs ! Obviously not as good as him or his agent thought 

Don’t think his ability is or was ever the issue...

Well hopefully he has matured and learned that the grass is not always greener elsewhere. A fit motivated Jamie Walker would be a terrific addition to the squad. 

He has a lot of making up to do. He'll need to hit the ground running or the fans will be on his back very quickly.

If Naismith has any influence on players he will tell Walker that if he plays to his best the biggest team he will play for is Scotland and he should play for Hearts with that in mind.

This is his last chance for any kind of pedigree career - and we are the club that can give him the platform 

Phil Dunphy

Heard about this one a few weeks back from someone in his social circle up here. 

From what hat he was saying, he was desperate to come back, so that hopefully means he knows himself that he’s got something to prove. 

Ibrahim Tall

If it’s on our terms I’m happy for us to take the risk on him.

It is a risk though, he’s barely kicked ball in 2 years, looked injury prone and didn’t bother his arse for the last 12 months of his previous spell.

Based on all that I would hope we aren’t being stupid enough to make him a top earner and guaranteed starter.

Where is he even going to play? If Naismith is returning surely he'll have the attacking midfield role, and Walker is too slow to play on the wing.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Nugget said:

Never thought Craig would deal with his agent again to be honest!

Has he changed his agent?  

3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

So explain why it is that the rules state a player can only sign a pre-contract within 6 months of his existing one ending.? Would be a bit of a redundant rule if he could sign with a year still left, but just not register it. It would also disadvantage him in any negotiations he's having with Wigan, surely.

Kyle Lafferty was in team briefings, at Murray Park, with Rangers before hearts had even agreed to his transfer. He never even had to discuss personal terms by the time Hearts had accepted the bid, was all agreed days/weeks before. The rules aren’t always followed. Not uncommon. 

He can always join in with the Young Team and Singing Section on the days he’s not playing and recovering from knee surgery. 

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Overall Happy he’s back..

What could possibly go wrong.

Not sure if we announced "We are signing this guy from down south...he couldn't get a game for Wigan or Peterborough " that the fans would be jumping for joy. His last period at Hearts where he did not perform was put down to "Head turned by Sevco" but may just have been the effect of injuries and his best is long gone.  Maybe he will come back and be a revelation, the creative goalscoring spark we gave been missing. I genuinely hope the latter is the case because on his day, he us a talented player. Getting him on a free in this scenario would represent a bargain. Chances are about 50/50 fotr either outcome I guess. Stringent medical and petformance based contract might mitigate some of the risk.

Edited by moonraker

If he loses the dreadful couldn't give a toss attitude he had when he left some will give him a chance. Wouldn't go kissing the badge if I were him for some time.

I reckon that for everyone that says that walker will have his work cut out walker himself will know that he will be up against it in the sense of proving himself because of what happened toward the end 

could it just be that the guy was swayed by money, his girl putting pressure on him etc

im not saying he didn’t make mistakes in how he dealt with it but if he is willing to come back and try and put things right that’s good enough for me 

if England didn’t work out for him he won’t be looking at everything else happening but concentrating on his game and that can only be a good thing from a hearts perspective 

a motivated Jamie walker I would take any day of the week 

North Berwick Jambo

No complaints from me if he can get back to his best & start scoring goals again.

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

No complaints from me if he can get back to his best & start scoring goals again.

This 

Happy to see him back. Good player who let transfer speculation get into his head. Hopefully he’s matured a bit since then.

22 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

So are we "buying" him, or are Wigan releasing him? undisclosed fee, I reckon.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What could possibly go wrong.

Many things but worth the gamble, there aren’t a huge number of effective attacking mids available tbh.

Horatio Caine

I imagine CL will have had some searching questions for him and about his attitude etc.  The answers presumably were satisfactory, so if Craig thinks it's worth a punt, then so do I.  I think JW must have seriously pissed CL off but it looks like we're back on track.

5 minutes ago, ericb said:

So are we "buying" him, or are Wigan releasing him? undisclosed fee, I reckon.

It says that he’s trying to negotiate his release from Wigan.

I would think they’ll just want him off the wage bill.

If not it’ll be a nominal fee I would think.

19 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He has a lot of making up to do. He'll need to hit the ground running or the fans will be on his back very quickly.

Or maybe just the angry depressing ones that post here, and the ones that don’t attend.

welcome back JW.  Definitely improves us

A_A wehatethehibs

It’s tee’d up nicely for a Naismith + Walker + one other “Terrible Trio” signing announcement all on the same day. 

Step forward big Kyle Lafferty

Like many. I wasn't chuffed with the way things ended with Walker.  However, I don't quite get the determined rage of some.  This seems similar tothe Andy Webster situation, and he did ok when he returned.  If Walker's coming back and he's fit and has his head sorted, he improves the middle of our team - simple as that.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
30 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Kyle Lafferty was in team briefings, at Murray Park, with Rangers before hearts had even agreed to his transfer. He never even had to discuss personal terms by the time Hearts had accepted the bid, was all agreed days/weeks before. The rules aren’t always followed. Not uncommon. 

What you describe with Lafferty would surely come under the heading of 'tapping up' which, in this case, I presume Hearts were happy to allow. But you seem to accept that Walker signing before his Wigan contract is terminated comes under 'the rules aren't always followed' which is basically the point I'm making, so if he has signed, then Hearts and Walker will have broken the rules (unless Wigan are happy to allow it with, I presume, a termination of contact agreement basically in place.

Absolute Scenes

If he comes back and is a Hearts player, he needs our support

The boy made a silly mistake, but also has a family to look after and maybe thought he needed more than he was getting.

Lets get round him, and support the laddie. Few years older, few years wiser.

This could be a good bit of business

There is no doubting he has ability.

But he is injury prone and lacks pace. So Levein is making the same mistake again and again and again when it comes to signings.  

21 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Where is he even going to play? If Naismith is returning surely he'll have the attacking midfield role, and Walker is too slow to play on the wing.

We could play 4231 with Walker,Clare and Naismith behind big Uche.