Uche Striker

Or:

Zlamal

Smith Souttar Halkett/Berra White

Haring

Waker         Djoum       Mulraney

Naismith

Uche

With some very good options on the bench and/or cover for injuries, we’d be in very good shape for next season tbh. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Yes agree to this if we could bring back the Serb and another striker would like our attacking options 

I think Clare will come good too 

Mulraney is left footed though, I would rather persevere with him than bring back Milinkovic. Both would be idea competition for places on the left but not sure the budget would stretch to that?

Definitely not what i would have done but **** it - welcome back. Signing another injury prone player is insane but CL doesn't seem to have to worry about his job so it's not all that risky really.

I hope we see the player he was before injury and dire loss of form and effort rendered him a passenger for the last year with us. 

This guy has a whole lot of making up to do. Hope he proves himself once again but I don't think the Jamie Walker we saw at 21/22 is ever coming back.

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Mulraney is left footed though, I would rather persevere with him than bring back Milinkovic. Both would be idea competition for places on the left but not sure the budget would stretch to that?

I think it would be very harsh on Mulraney on bring Milinkovic in his place, he has improved massively since the start of last season. I think he could be very good for us this season. 

FarmerTweedy
52 minutes ago, smiler said:

Someone put a pic up on here of his laddie in a Rangers top, his Grandad gave it to him for his birthday or something. Curious as to why if Jamie is so Hearts then why let a toddler wear that shite? 

There are all sorts of reasons why he might have done that.  He might have lost some family bet or challenge, where that was what he had to do if he lost.  He might have stuck the photo up to make the Grandad in question happy, then quietly and secretly burned the offending shirt at the earliest opportunity afterwards.  The kid might have been misbehaving and he might have been punishing him, as well as warning him about what his future could hold if he doesn't start to behave himself! Who knows?  It's not really particularly important to any sensible person.  All that matters is whether JW is fit to play for us and really wants to play for us again.  If it's a yes to both of those, he'll be a good signing, regardless of what pics of his bairn he's stick on InstaTwitBook in the past.

Sure he has learned a few things 're himself and in general. Put the experience  to good use and kick on

The Internet

Not too fussed about Walker either way but it's a signing that suggests a lack of ideas to me.

Amongst the millions of calls for ex players to come back on here he's probably one of the better ones. 

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

There are all sorts of reasons why he might have done that.  He might have lost some family bet or challenge, where that was what he had to do if he lost.  He might have stuck the photo up to make the Grandad in question happy, then quietly and secretly burned the offending shirt at the earliest opportunity afterwards.  The kid might have been misbehaving and he might have been punishing him, as well as warning him about what his future could hold if he doesn't start to behave himself! Who knows?  It's not really particularly important to any sensible person.  All that matters is whether JW is fit to play for us and really wants to play for us again.  If it's a yes to both of those, he'll be a good signing, regardless of what pics of his bairn he's stick on InstaTwitBook in the past.

Well said not sure if it’s an emotional intelligence issue we are dealing with or an age problem 

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Exactly - people seem very anxious to take the worst possible view of everything. The main thing is current attitude and fitness. The idea that Levein would acept a lack of commitment and a poor attitude is not borne out by past experience

It should have been ten
9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Good on her. Imagine dragging herself off her sick bed to be your nurse. What a legend.

:lol:

Cruyff Turn

He has to win the support back over but if he can recapture his best form i’m sure people will slowly welcome him back into their hearts.

I’d probably play him as a 2nd striker rather than a wide player tbh. I don’t think he has the pace or the legs to track back, so he’d play off Uche for me, with Naisy in a deeper midfield role. 

I wasn’t happy at the time with the way he conducted himself when he left, but the same can be said for Webster and Stevenson. Happy to see him return and make the same impact as  Webster and Stevo did.

Bungalow Bill

I'm happy with this signing on the condition he gets back to his best. He has to win some over though, I get that. Webster did...

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not too fussed about Walker either way but it's a signing that suggests a lack of ideas to me.

Amongst the millions of calls for ex players to come back on here he's probably one of the better ones. 

A number of posters have been hyper critical of signing players who are 'punts' due to be unknown quantities or we haven't scouted enough.With players like Walker, Berra, Naismith, Lafferty we know what we're getting. Same for the other Northern Irish signings as MacPhee has seen them first hand in games and training camps.

8 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Imagine this team:

Zlamal

Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith                                  Mulraney

Haring 

Walker Naismith

Uche Striker

Or:

Zlamal

Haring

Naismith

Uche

With some very good options on the bench and/or cover for injuries, we’d be in very good shape for next season tbh. 

So the team that got us 6th place last season and we've added two more injury prone players to our squad. Don't see how that can be classed as good shape

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

So the team that got us 6th place last season and we've added two more injury prone players to our squad. Don't see how that can be classed as good shape

Is Halkett injury prone?

CloustonHMFC
4 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

The same team last season had us top after 10 games too, there will be a completely different atmosphere around the squad for the start of a new season. There is absolutely no way we can be as unlucky this year with injuries. There is also no doubting that injuries played a huge part last season and we’ll be better prepared this year. 

Edited by clouston1992

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Is Halkett injury prone?

I was on about Aidy White and walker :lol:. Be surprised if halkett makes a huge difference.

The thing I never understand on here is why people get so bothered about a player, especially a young player, being tempted by the possibility of a substantial pay rise.

Rangers are the club I least like, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest that Walker might have hoped to move there. It's a short career and, unless Walker has amazing skills in some other profession or business, which seems unlikely given that he's been a full-time footballer all his adult life, he's never likely to earn more money than in this relatively short part of his life on a football pitch.

Walker was also far more consistent than some give him credit for. When he started out, his defending left a lot to be desired, but that area of his game improved immensely and I remember him winning all sorts of midfield battles, especially being able to take the ball off an opponent in a tight situation without committing a foul.

I'd welcome him back. 

Edited by 4marsbars

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He has to win the support back over but if he can recapture his best form i’m sure people will slowly welcome him back into their hearts.

I’d probably play him as a 2nd striker rather than a wide player tbh. I don’t think he has the pace or the legs to track back, so he’d play off Uche for me, with Naisy in a deeper midfield role. 

I think a 4-2-3-1 might be the solution. The three would be Walker and Naismith with either Clare or Mulraney. A similar formation and personnel as deployed by Neilson. Naismith has to be in the penalty box when we are on the attack, all his goals come from that position. Walker and to a lesser extent Clare and Mulraney can produce goals from distance.

Just now, Longshanks said:

I was on about Aidy White and walker :lol:. Be surprised if halkett makes a huge difference.

Ah, right enough. Overlooked White.

16 minutes ago, smiler said:

You're always fiercely defensive over JW, are you his Dad, or Grandad? If it's the latter then shame on you for buying your grandson a Hun top. 

Mate, I've got no problem with anyone who questions Jamie's attitude after the cloud he left under, don't agree with it though, as has already been pointed out on this thread and many before it Cathro would've tested the patience of a Saint. Again, I've no problem with anyone who questions his loyalty to the club. Although I know for a fact, it's batshit crazy, for people like yourself who don't know any better, that's fine, that's your opinion and your entitled to it.

What I've got a problem with, is clowns who question his ability. They either know **** all about the game or their judgement is seriously clouded due to other factors. Jamie Walker's ability on the pitch is considerable. That's not just me or thousands of other Hearts fans opinion. That's the opinion of many in the game who coveted his talents since he was a young boy and throughout his career. Also, it's very rare to represent your country at a number of levels if you're "utterly shite" at football.

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

We've effectively got two new left backs with the emergence of Hickey and the signing of White. Halkett replaces Shaughnessy. Walker replaces Martin. We are bringing in replacements for Sammon & Vanacek. I think we are going to be looking very strong by the beginning of the season.

Welcome back lad. Time to fulfill your promise. No longer a young lad, needs to show some maturity and leadership.

Stays fit, it's a good signing.

Hmmm, i'm a little bit sceptical.

Is he back because he couldn't cut it elsewhere?

Is he back because he wants to be?

Or is he back to get in the team again and nurture another move to Rangers2012?

Time will tell.

26 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Imagine this team:

Zlamal

Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith                                  Mulraney

Haring 

Walker Naismith

Uche Striker

Or:

Zlamal

Haring

Naismith

Uche

Need to play the £10k a week guy Sean Clare.

14 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

The thing I never understand on here is why people get so bothered about a player, especially a young player, being tempted by the possibility of a substantial pay rise.

Rangers are the club I least like, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest that Walker might have hoped to move there. It's a short career and, unless Walker has amazing skills in some other profession or business, which seems unlikely given that he's been a full-time footballer all his adult life, he's never likely to earn more money than in this relatively short part of his life on a football pitch.

Walker was also far more consistent than some give him credit for. When he started out, his defending left a lot to be desired, but that area of his game improved immensely and I remember him winning all sorts of midfield battles, especially being able to take the ball off an opponent in a tight situation without committing a foul.

I'd welcome him back. 

The problems that many will have is that he took a huff and completely downed tools for six months and that he has barely kicked a ball since.

Edited by Flimsy

Famous 1874

If we play a back 3, is Halkett comfortable on the left? Only seen him play in the centre. Berra has to be centre if we setup that way. 

4 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

The problems that many will have is that he took a huff and completely downed tools for six months and that he has barely kicked a ball since.

The downing tools thing is Chinese whispers a bit. He wasn't good, but who was under Cathro?

To have a bunch of players come in mid season who are a mix of mercinary, lazy and straight up shite and derail a decent season under a wet blanket of a Coa h was visibly tough for a number of our remaining players.

Not defending him, just this caveat is often omitted

I've always thought Walker had something a wee bit special about him.  I am glad he's coming back.  When on form, he's one of the best in Scotland.

There's little chance of him "hitting the ground running". Patience will be required and there's not much of that about in football these days.

However, he is a good footballer and will be desperate to prove himself and get the fans on his side. Potentially a very good signing and has to be better than the youtube method of scouting players. 

Tenaciousdandy

A injury free fully fit and focused walker will be a cracking addition to our midfield, on his day the boy can create something out of nothing and we will score more goals with him in the team alongside Naismith hopefully keeping him motivated 

AlphonseCapone

Right now; I think he was an arsehole the way he behaved near the end of this time with us and he's barely kicked a ball in the last few years. 

If he comes back; I'll wait and see how he gets on. The second I see him not tracking back or slacking off though, he'll be dead to me again. 

1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

A injury free fully fit and focused walker will be a cracking addition to our midfield, on his day the boy can create something out of nothing and we will score more goals with him in the team alongside Naismith hopefully keeping him motivated 

That's a good point. Naismith will keep him on his toes. We're due a bit of luck injury wise and, if so, those two together could be very productive for Hearts. 

Cruyff Turn
28 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think a 4-2-3-1 might be the solution. The three would be Walker and Naismith with either Clare or Mulraney. A similar formation and personnel as deployed by Neilson. Naismith has to be in the penalty box when we are on the attack, all his goals come from that position. Walker and to a lesser extent Clare and Mulraney can produce goals from distance.

Agree chief.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

That's a good point. Naismith will keep him on his toes. We're due a bit of luck injury wise and, if so, those two together could be very productive for Hearts. 

Are we due luck, or do we buy injury prone players 

13 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

I don't remember him downing tools for six months. 

CloustonHMFC
13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The downing tools thing is Chinese whispers a bit. He wasn't good, but who was under Cathro?

To have a bunch of players come in mid season who are a mix of mercinary, lazy and straight up shite and derail a decent season under a wet blanket of a Coa h was visibly tough for a number of our remaining players.

Not defending him, just this caveat is often omitted

100% this. 

Portable Badger
10 minutes ago, martoon said:

There's little chance of him "hitting the ground running". Patience will be required and there's not much of that about in football these days.

However, he is a good footballer and will be desperate to prove himself and get the fans on his side. Potentially a very good signing and has to be better than the youtube method of scouting players. 

The length of 'Patience' he will be shown by most frothers on JKB will last as long as the pea vibrates around the ref's whistle to signify the KO of his first match back. Then it will be 'Open Season' as per any other poor fecker we sign. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

If we play a back 3, is Halkett comfortable on the left? Only seen him play in the centre. Berra has to be centre if we setup that way. 

Definitely, he played LB a few times for then in emergencies apparently.

Just now, jambopilms said:

Are we due luck, or do we buy injury prone players 

I'd say it was a combination of bad luck and taking risks with injury prone signings. I doubt a fully fit and functioning Naismith would be at Hearts, for example. 

36 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Mate, I've got no problem with anyone who questions Jamie's attitude after the cloud he left under, don't agree with it though, as has already been pointed out on this thread and many before it Cathro would've tested the patience of a Saint. Again, I've no problem with anyone who questions his loyalty to the club. Although I know for a fact, it's batshit crazy, for people like yourself who don't know any better, that's fine, that's your opinion and your entitled to it.

What I've got a problem with, is clowns who question his ability. They either know **** all about the game or their judgement is seriously clouded due to other factors. Jamie Walker's ability on the pitch was considerable. That's not just me or thousands of other Hearts fans opinion. That's the opinion of many in the game who coveted his talents since he was a young boy and throughout his career. Also, it's very rare to represent your country at a number of levels if you're "utterly shite" at football.

FTFY

Would someone be kind enough to explain the definition of “injury prone” and I’m not looking for the smart arse “someone who is prone to injuries” type reply thank you.

That expression gets banded about a lot and even more so with regards to JW. Is he actually “injury prone” what ever that is? Has he suffered a freakish number more injuries than other players thus his tag of “injury prone”?

Thanks in advance.

Delighted to see him back, good quality creative player, and someone who will link up brilliantly with Naismith.

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

That’s the spirit - we’re all behind him returning. Honestly, some of us on here really need to get a grip.  Supporting the team and all players - seems to be an alien concept for some. 

I've no doubt Walker will be trying his best when/if he returns. I don't have an issue with that, most fans will say the same and he and the rest of the team will get the support. However, when one of your own shits in his own backyard the way he did, no respect for the club, the club he apparently supports, his team-mates or his fellow fans in the stands then some of the comments posted are quite understandable.

The only person that can convince the fans, and even himself that he's capable of turning it around is Jamie Walker. I won't be clapping him back onto the pitch with maroon-tinted specs on, nor will he be booed by me or most others so in the end,  it's ultimately down to him to prove his worth to the team. Oh, and treat the club and fans with a bit more respect.