Walker returns ( updated )

Section Q

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, smiler said:

Someone put a pic up on here of his laddie in a Rangers top, his Grandad gave it to him for his birthday or something. Curious as to why if Jamie is so Hearts then why let a toddler wear that shite? 

My relatives ganged up on me with Aberdeen shite. But let me assure you that just makes me hate the c**ts even more

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, smiler said:

Someone put a pic up on here of his laddie in a Rangers top, his Grandad gave it to him for his birthday or something. Curious as to why if Jamie is so Hearts then why let a toddler wear that shite? 

I didn’t know that, and can’t answer your question BUT if he was given as a present from a grandparent, it means absolutely **** all in terms of who JW supports or anything else for that matter. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Seemed happy enough when we beat them, unlike Lafferty when he scored against them, but yet Lafferty was afforded hero worship.

Overall, sceptical those legs will hold up, but apart from the darkest days of Cathro, I honestly believe Walker has been pretty committed. He was often left to carry a team on very young shoulders, and more often than not, he embraced it.

Never have a team of Hearts fans again, I'm a realist, very good player who has a bit of imagination, the question is his fitness, and its a big one

Lafferty is a Hun though, Jamie's meant to be Hearts but fair play to the rest of your post. 

Walter Bishop
4 minutes ago, smiler said:

:vrface: And? 

1 minute ago, clouston1992 said:

I didn’t know that, and can’t answer your question BUT if he was given as a present from a grandparent, it means absolutely **** all in terms of who JW supports or anything else for that matter. 

Aye I suppose, maybe, but what's your thoughts on Jamie strutting about Ibrox with a Rangers scarf on? Odd behaviour from one so Hearts? 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Seemed happy enough when we beat them, unlike Lafferty when he scored against them, but yet Lafferty was afforded hero worship.

Overall, sceptical those legs will hold up, but apart from the darkest days of Cathro, I honestly believe Walker has been pretty committed. He was often left to carry a team on very young shoulders, and more often than not, he embraced it.

Never have a team of Hearts fans again, I'm a realist, very good player who has a bit of imagination, the question is his fitness, and its a big one

And funnily enough one of Walker’s

best games for Hearts was when we bent over Rangers under Cathro.

Edited by Jammy T

Just now, Sir Gio said:

My relatives ganged up on me with Aberdeen shite. But let me assure you that just makes me hate the c**ts even more

Admirable, especially since as far as I’m aware you weren’t related to a Hearts legend. Jamie on the other hand is, yet lets his relatives try and get their reeking Hun claws in. Nauseating. Still, I suppose that’s what comes from being a Hearts supporter with a “fondness” for the Huns.

The Old Tolbooth

It's gonna have to be some comeback to win me round, I haven't forgotten the way he shit on us and tried to engineer a move to Rangers, downed tools and played like a heartless chicken, gave up in the big games because his heart wasn't in it any more, and I believe he's now got a long term injury to deal with, just what we need! 

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

And funnily enough one of Walker’s

best games for Hearts was when we bent over Rangers under Cathrine.

I liked her. 

And..... you're a plum???? 

I think you are mate to be honest get over your self and move on

CloustonHMFC

Aye I suppose, maybe, but what's your thoughts on Jamie strutting about Ibrox with a Rangers scarf on? Odd behaviour from one so Hearts? 

I’d never do it but I know a Rangers fan who have been to Tynie with a Hearts scarf on, when we were playing Motherwell, it doesn’t make him any less of a Rangers man. I also know a Hearts fan who used to attend sporadic Dunfermline games with a scarf, he’s definitely Hearts to the core.

I also don’t care if he’s a Rangers fan or Hearts fan, it’s not a necessity to play for the club. I do believe he’ll have learnt from what happened towards the end of his time with us and will be 100% committed, for me that’s all I care about. 

2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

I think you are mate to be honest get over your self and move on

No need to be nasty chief, and on this occasion I won't be following your orders, cheers. 

Nelly Terraces

Gotta love you lot that post on here - he was utterly shite & a judas since he left/tried to go to HunCo, but is suddenly a cracking player now the football management mastermind Craig Leven has signed him.

Laughable stuff! Couldn't take a blowtorch to yer necks.:laugh:

20 minutes ago, smiler said:

To make his son’s grandad happy?

7 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

I’d never do it but I know a Rangers fan who have been to Tynie with a Hearts scarf on, when we were playing Motherwell, it doesn’t make him any less of a Rangers man. I also know a Hearts fan who used to attend sporadic Dunfermline games with a scarf, he’s definitely Hearts to the core.

I also don’t care if he’s a Rangers fan or Hearts fan, it’s not a necessity to play for the club. I do believe he’ll have learnt from what happened towards the end of his time with us and will be 100% committed, for me that’s all I care about. 

I'm not that fussed who his team are either, I suspect though, with the way he carries on, that he's not as big a Hearts man as folk like to think he is. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Bambo Badonde said:

Don’t think his ability is or was ever the issue...

Where's that ability been since he left? Done zero 

GorgieRules22
14 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It's gonna have to be some comeback to win me round, I haven't forgotten the way he shit on us and tried to engineer a move to Rangers, downed tools and played like a heartless chicken, gave up in the big games because his heart wasn't in it any more, and I believe he's now got a long term injury to deal with, just what we need! 

Long term injury ? That part isn’t true, he’s had an injury that he had an op on in March time I think.

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Off the top of my head in recent times there’s been four or five I could name who have gone down South and done nothing but would walk into our side.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Look what Leigh Griffiths, Scott Allan, Greg Stewart etc have achieved in England, almost zero. All very good players in the context of the Scottish Premiership. I think Walker will be a great signing. Naismith and another striker and I think we will be looking very competitive for the season ahead.

He better come back motivated and be ready to put a graft in.

I am not a fan of Walker. His attitude stinks and he didnt try a leg for us for a year before he left.

Hopefully he realises now that he is not half as good as he thinks he is and is ready to put in some work.

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Long term injury ? That part isn’t true, he’s had an injury that he had an op on in March time I think.

Okay, in that case he's done absolutely nothing since he left us then and in my opinion, he's not worth another contract, especially for the way he treated us before he left. 

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's application mate, not ability. You can't argue he doesn't have any. You can argue his self discipline has been lacking. 

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

In fairness, the only person he needs to convince is the guy who appears happy to offer him a contract.

Levein has also been recently stung by a player who had a severe attitude issue so is unlikely to make the same mistake so soon.

That’s the spirit - we’re all behind him returning. Honestly, some of us on here really need to get a grip.  Supporting the team and all players - seems to be an alien concept for some. 

2 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

So explain why it is that the rules state a player can only sign a pre-contract within 6 months of his existing one ending.? Would be a bit of a redundant rule if he could sign with a year still left, but just not register it. It would also disadvantage him in any negotiations he's having with Wigan, surely.

Maybe Wigan have released him but that’s not been announced either? 

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In fairness, the only person he needs to convince is the guy who appears happy to offer him a contract.

Levein has also been recently stung by a player who had a severe attitude issue so is unlikely to make the same mistake so soon.

Like I said mate, it'll need to be one hell of a comeback to turn me around. 

Gorgie_Rules

Heard early last week that its a 4 year deal.

Good business if turns out to be back to his best as it’ll prevent him going to Rangers in the short term, could be a disaster if he isnt fit enough though and more amo for those wanting Levein out.

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I'm a absolutely sure that happens all the time, but there's a massive difference between tapping up a player and getting him to sign with a year still to run on his contract, which the poster I was originally responding to said was the case - ie that Walker has already signed.

There's absolutely no reason why he couldn't have already signed. Most player transfers occur whilst they are still under contract to the previous team...it's kind of the point.

You're assuming that no contact had been made with Wigan from Hearts because that's what the article said. Now, if you take the original post you responded to at face value that he signed a week ago that would suggest the EEN don't know the details and therefore may be wrong about it not being sorted at Wigans end too.

Personally I'm of the opinion that Wigan likely have given us permission, we've a deal in principle with Walker and the final hurdle is him agreeing severance with Wigan to conclude the deal.

On Walker, I'm disappointed he's back.

59 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If you think about it, you can easily see every signing Hearts make ending badly. We only pay players £3k to £5k a week. Mostly, these guys are all flops, crocks, mentally weak or inexperienced kids etc. 

If we were spending £30m and signing a player for £100k a week it’s different, you expect a highly disciplined skilful player in perfect physical condition at the peak of his mental powers. 

At our level you've got to roll the dice on guys. There are not many 25 year old cheap midfielders around who have an eye for goal. Walker is worth the gamble, we have a lot to gain out of it and not a lot to lose 

I get what you are saying but most signings don't come with a previous period of employment at the club where for at least six months of that the player looked completely disinterested. That's why I think in the case of Walker if it ends up a bad signing (which I hope will not be the case) then it will be judged far more harshly on Levein than when an unknown player comes in and it ends badly e.g. Vanecek. 

13 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Gotta love you lot that post on here - he was utterly shite & a judas since he left/tried to go to HunCo, but is suddenly a cracking player now the football management mastermind Craig Leven has signed him.

File under "knows **** all about football" type post.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s tee’d up nicely for a Naismith + Walker + one other “Terrible Trio” signing announcement all on the same day. 

Step forward big Kyle Lafferty

That would be good news big laff, naisy +Jamie Walker,????????????

rudi must stay

Delighted with this

Great player, England only seems to improve players standard wise too even if he didn't play much. And in the final third I'm confident Levein will get the best out of him

:thumbsup:

Delighted he is coming back. I would take him back rather than take a chance on a player from abroad who may or not make the grade.

Hearts minded and he will know that he has to win the fans back over. I think he will step up to the mark and be a good player next season.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Like I said mate, it'll need to be one hell of a comeback to turn me around. 

I feel the same about Levein :laugh2:

Going to be an interesting start to the season!

Welcome back Hearts fan Jamie Walker! 

Better than anything we have at the club in his position, so improvement to the team.

As someone alluded to a few posts back. Get big Kyle back and get some swagger about us again!

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Okay, in that case he's done absolutely nothing since he left us then and in my opinion, he's not worth another contract, especially for the way he treated us before he left. 

So you made the long term injury part up ?

7 minutes ago, JyTees said:

File under "knows **** all about football" type post.

You're always fiercely defensive over JW, are you his Dad, or Grandad? If it's the latter then shame on you for buying your grandson a Hun top. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Look what Leigh Griffiths, Scott Allan, Greg Stewart etc have achieved in England, almost zero. All very good players in the context of the Scottish Premiership. I think Walker will be a great signing. Naismith and another striker and I think we will be looking very competitive for the season ahead.

Yes agree to this if we could bring back the Serb and another striker would like our attacking options 

I think Clare will come good too 

23 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Looks like posters on here are split on the idea of him returning. I would be willing to bet that those on teh don't want him to return side of the split, are the folk that were happy to see him go, and that those who are happy to see him return are the folk who were sad to see him go. I don't see any hypocrisy whatsoever.

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

That’s the spirit - we’re all behind him returning. Honestly, some of us on here really need to get a grip.  Supporting the team and all players - seems to be an alien concept for some. 

So let's say he comes back and has a great start for us, how long do you think it will be before he scurries along the M8 again at the first sign of any interest? Like I said, he's going to have to be hell of a good before he wins me over, I'm not saying it's impossible, but he's going to have to get the head down and graft instead of hiding in big games. 

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

So you made the long term injury part up ?

Nope, I genuinely thought he was carrying a long term injury, and still not convinced he isn't. 

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I feel the same about Levein :laugh2:

Going to be an interesting start to the season!

Ha ha, isn't it just! :lol: 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If you think about it, you can easily see every signing Hearts make ending badly. We only pay players £3k to £5k a week. Mostly, these guys are all flops, crocks, mentally weak or inexperienced kids etc. 

If we were spending £30m and signing a player for £100k a week it’s different, you expect a highly disciplined skilful player in perfect physical condition at the peak of his mental powers. 

At our level you've got to roll the dice on guys. There are not many 25 year old cheap midfielders around who have an eye for goal. Walker is worth the gamble, we have a lot to gain out of it and not a lot to lose 

It doesn't matter how much you're spending. Man Utd pay Alexis Sanchez way, way more than £100k per week and he's done sod all for them.  Mezut Ozil gets paid a similar amount, possibly even more, by Arsenal and does nowhere near enough to justify it.  Chelsea shelled out £50m to sign Fernando Torres a few years ago and he was distinctly unremarkable for them.  Rangers (remember them?) paid £12m for Tore Andre Flo, and probably could have got as much as he contributed by signing someone for a tenth or twentieth of that fee.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah. Sometimes one club suits you. I was pissed off when the Hun turned his head but I'm ok with him coming back. He has a lot to prove and if he is hungry this could be a good signing.

This is where I’m at as well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Admirable, especially since as far as I’m aware you weren’t related to a Hearts legend. Jamie on the other hand is, yet lets his relatives try and get their reeking Hun claws in. Nauseating. Still, I suppose that’s what comes from being a Hearts supporter with a “fondness” for the Huns.

Sadly not related. Once when hospitalized Freddie Gliddens daughter was my nurse. 

Very reassuring that was. As close to a legend as I have been 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Sadly not related. Once when hospitalized Freddie Gliddens daughter was my nurse. 

Very reassuring that was. As close to a legend as I have been 

Good on her. Imagine dragging herself off her sick bed to be your nurse. What a legend.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Good on her. Imagine dragging herself off her sick bed to be your nurse. What a legend.

Aye very good  :lol: