• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

Jury out on this one for me until JW proves me and all the naysayers wrong.  I give every signing my support until I make my mind up wether they’ll improve us or not. JW is an unknown entity at this moment in time and like some of our recent signings, CL is probably getting them on the cheap due to their past  injuries, Clare , White and Walker etc.  CL is shrewd and it’s not like we have ££££’s to throw about. We’re shopping in Aldi and Lidl’s and trying to find wee gems like Haring. Some work out and some don’t. 

JW has it all to prove second time round and judgment should be reserved until we see him perform. I’m sure he’ll be desperate to show us what he can do.  His past should be forgiven but not forgotten imo. He was young, naive, foolish and had his head turned by that Shitehouse of an agent who promised him the world by whoring him to sevco. I’m sure AH would’ve been getting a tidy fee and was probably more in it for him than JW. I don’t blame JW for his way of  thinking back then. We’ve all done foolish things when younger and none of us are infallible. 

Hopefully JW now comes to us with a bit more maturity, fire in his belly for the famous and a point to prove to all of us. I hope he succeeds. 

2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

It amazes me how childish some of you are , get over what happened he is a very good player and we need players like him 

before the nonsense that happened he was the best player at the club

JW signing is fantastic news well pleased by this 

Seen him play much in the last 2 years????  No didn't think so, so you have no idea if he is a very good player. He was a very good player 3 years ago and, if he signs, we all hope he can get back to that form but nobody knows. Having said that, if CL is prepared to take him back he must think he can do a job 

2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Jury out on this one for me until JW proves me and all the naysayers wrong.  I give every signing my support until I make my mind up wether they’ll improve us or not. JW is an unknown entity at this moment in time and like some of our recent signings, CL is probably getting them on the cheap due to their past  injuries, Clare , White and Walker etc.  CL is shrewd and it’s not like we have ££££’s to throw about. We’re shopping in Aldi and Lidl’s and trying to find wee gems like Haring. Some work out and some don’t. 

JW has it all to prove second time round and judgment should be reserved until we see him perform. I’m sure he’ll be desperate to show us what he can do.  His past should be forgiven but not forgotten imo. He was young, naive, foolish and had his head turned by that Shitehouse of an agent who promised him the world by whoring him to sevco. I’m sure AH would’ve been getting a tidy fee and was probably more in it for him than JW. I don’t blame JW for his way of  thinking back then. We’ve all done foolish things when younger and none of us are infallible. 

Hopefully JW now comes to us with a bit more maturity, fire in his belly for the famous and a point to prove to all of us. I hope he succeeds. 

I think maturity and fire in the belly to prove a lot of people wrong will get the best out of him. I am sure he’s well aware of the ramifications from management and fans for lazy performances

Byyy The Light

Given Levein’s reputation for being stubborn (ironically why so many people on here dislike him) I don’t think he would entertain taking him back if he thought there was issues about attitude and work rate.

Don’t forget Walker seemed to be one who frequently wore the tracking bras, so they’re well aware what he can do. He’s a player that can make a difference in games and if Naismith is along side him all the better.

Don't blame any player for getting their head turned for double their salary and it doesn’t help when you’ve got a twat of an agent “advising” you. Throw Cathro in to the mix and I can see why he’d try his luck elsewhere at that stage in his career. Especially when guys like Paterson have been a success, you’ve got to have ambition and back your own ability or what’s the point??

Hope he signs and shows everyone what he’s capable of. 

Walter Burns
9 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Rangers supporter isn't she? Doubt she has anything worthwhile to say regarding our club.

Doubt you even know her or her family, so you have nothing worthwhile to say either....

Just now, Walter Burns said:

Doubt you even know her or her family, so you have nothing worthwhile to say either....

:lol:

Not a Hun then, mate? 

1 minute ago, Walter Burns said:

She was actually reported as being a Rangers supporter, so wind your feckin neck in.

Whilst they aren't on the same stratosphere in terms of hearts players, there were folk on here who didn't want Rudi back. 

Just now, Homme said:

Whilst they aren't on the same stratosphere in terms of hearts players, there were folk on here who didn't want Rudi back. 

I remember one poster not wanting him back. Think he’s long gone now though. Alan Partridge.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Me me me me me me me me :lol:

I recall it was between Rudi and the Plymouth left back, Capaldi, and I thought we needed a left back more. 

What a tw@t :facepalm:

I suppose he could come back as a lesson to the youngsters at the club, as I have said before nothing against Jamie but baffling to me.

Maybe I am spoiled in my old age but he seems as much a new signing as Naismith ie pleased to have you but where are the other 3-4 !!

Edited by steve123

If we have to sign him then please don't make it a three year bonanza contract that we love to hand out to anyone.  

One year deal with another two year option if we decide to keep him, if he wants to come back and prove that he isn't shit or injury prone then he should be easy to deal with.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Me me me me me me me me :lol:

I recall it was between Rudi and the Plymouth left back, Capaldi, and I thought we needed a left back more. 

What a tw@t :facepalm:

If have taken Lewis Capaldi over that lad. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Given Levein’s reputation for being stubborn (ironically why so many people on here dislike him) I don’t think he would entertain taking him back if he thought there was issues about attitude and work rate.

Don’t forget Walker seemed to be one who frequently wore the tracking bras, so they’re well aware what he can do. He’s a player that can make a difference in games and if Naismith is along side him all the better.

Don't blame any player for getting their head turned for double their salary and it doesn’t help when you’ve got a twat of an agent “advising” you. Throw Cathro in to the mix and I can see why he’d try his luck elsewhere at that stage in his career. Especially when guys like Paterson have been a success, you’ve got to have ambition and back your own ability or what’s the point??

Would agree with this.

I am fairly certain that Walker would have been told that Rangers are going to sign him in the summer 2017 transfer window. So he thought he was going to go there all summer and that it would be a forgone conclusion, then with Hearts playing hardball on the fee, he must have thought Rangers would just pay the fee we want and the whole issue would be finished. But Rangers decided to be cheap (part of the old firm arrogance towards the rest of Scottish football.) At the same time as they were only offer a few hundred thousand for Walker, they were paying fees of over a million pounds each for 5 players. With Rangers deciding finally not to proceed, he was left having his bridges burnt, looking daft from everyone around him. He had Hearts fans against him. Then has a number of injuries through that season. 

I do think that Naismith will help him a lot, sometimes he needs some around him to guide him. 

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

What has Cathro got to do with it, apart from being a scapegoat for everything? His head was turned by Rangers initially and his work rate was questionable after that. I wouldn't re-sign him.

Vlad the impaler
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Good to know. Does he go by his real name on social media?

I’m sure it’s @aldo something or other on twitter, I’d check but he blocked me?

Cruyff Turn
17 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

If we have to sign him then please don't make it a three year bonanza contract that we love to hand out to anyone.  

One year deal with another two year option if we decide to keep him, if he wants to come back and prove that he isn't shit or injury prone then he should be easy to deal with.

We should offer him the same deal he shook hands on before dropping his kegs to Sevco. 

23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

sometimes he needs some around him to guide him. 

Always thought that was the whole point in having an agent? Failing that, surely family and friends would step in and offer good advice? 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We should offer him the same deal he shook hands on before dropping his kegs to Sevco. 

Highest paid player at the club? Hope not.

siegementality
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

He’s been away 18 months not 18 years FFS!

27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What has Cathro got to do with it, apart from being a scapegoat for everything? His head was turned by Rangers initially and his work rate was questionable after that. I wouldn't re-sign him.

Think everyone's workrate was questionable after Cathro got hold of them pre-srason...

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Highest paid player at the club? Hope not.

Was that what was offered? I thought it was a modest raise?

btw... found you a t-shirt. ?

EF2AA238-8B0A-4203-8B2B-2A43575D0A20.jpeg

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, RENE said:

Think everyone's workrate was questionable after Cathro got hold of them pre-srason...

Including Lafferty and Berra?? Good players can motivate themselves and never drop their work rate. 

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Was that what was offered? I thought it was a modest raise?

btw... found you a t-shirt. ?

EF2AA238-8B0A-4203-8B2B-2A43575D0A20.jpeg

As I remember it...

Walker was offered a deal that would have made him the highest paid player at Hearts, at that time. He was going to sign it, but then he was advised that Rangers wanted him. His agent then advised him not to sign the Hearts deal. Then his Dad came out in the media and said that he wasn’t offered the deal that Levein said he was. The club then categorically stated that he was, and his Dad backed down. Rangers offered a bag of chips for Walker, and the club said no. Rangers pulled out of the deal.

like that tee shirt! If you get me in the secret Santa... ?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Still a bit bemused by him coming back to the club. Walker didn't put a lot of effort in or show us much respect during the last year he was with us. He'll have to put in some big shifts to win over the support.

Cruyff Turn
22 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

As I remember it...

Walker was offered a deal that would have made him the highest paid player at Hearts, at that time. He was going to sign it, but then he was advised that Rangers wanted him. His agent then advised him not to sign the Hearts deal. Then his Dad came out in the media and said that he wasn’t offered the deal that Levein said he was. The club then categorically stated that he was, and his Dad backed down. Rangers offered a bag of chips for Walker, and the club said no. Rangers pulled out of the deal.

like that tee shirt! If you get me in the secret Santa... ?

Ahh ok. Well he certainly shouldn’t be offered top dollar. Needs to prove himself again! Ha, maybe get Sean Clare chops on it! ?

I haven't wholly decided whether I would like JW back or not but I think 2 points are relevant

1. We have got rid of Sammon and Vanecek up front.  Surely his contributions will be better than either/both of these.

2. We have a few good young ones coming through and if some of them get a bit star struck about moving to England before they are ready, maybe Jamie could relay his experience darn saff and that should rein them in a bit.

All my doubts will be removed if he approaches this second opportunity with determination and positivity.

NaturalOrder74

I don’t think anyone can honestly say he doesn’t strengthen the squad when he’s on his game, I think he could be even better quite excited by the prospect of him being in the team with Uche and Naisy, still more news to come too, walkers a safer bet than some gamble from a league we’ve never heard of 

Stop being so mean spirited and give the man a chance, FFS!

Edited by ri Alban

Oddball signing that doesn't seem to fit well with the club's youth policy but, then again, if he's on a modest salary, might be worth a rehabilitation job.  I've always thought that he was another Jason Holt.  Promises a lot but doesn't achieve so much.  If he's had a couple of years of injuries then maybe he'd be better getting his fitness up to par with somebody like John McGlynn at Raith Rovers, especially since they've recently rehabilitated Kevin Nisbett who's just moved on to Dunfermline.

Anyway, we'll see.  Maybe Naismith can help his game?

21 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Oddball signing that doesn't seem to fit well with the club's youth policy but, then again, if he's on a modest salary, might be worth a rehabilitation job.  I've always thought that he was another Jason Holt.  Promises a lot but doesn't achieve so much.  If he's had a couple of years of injuries then maybe he'd be better getting his fitness up to par with somebody like John McGlynn at Raith Rovers, especially since they've recently rehabilitated Kevin Nisbett who's just moved on to Dunfermline.

Anyway, we'll see.  Maybe Naismith can help his game?

Déjà vu

After a season ruined by several key injuries, I'm surprised Levein is going for this.  if we are only signing another 3 players including Naismith, he really needs the other 2 to be regular first choice picks and not injury prone.  Not sure Walker meets either of these criteria given the last 2 years of his career.  If Walker is out for half the season, will this be another excuse for Levein or the straw that breaks the camels back and gets him the sack?  Maybe Levein has blown the wage budget on the extended deals for Souttar, Smith, Uche and Haring and he's having to gamble.  

AlphonseCapone
6 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I don’t think anyone can honestly say he doesn’t strengthen the squad when he’s on his game, I think he could be even better quite excited by the prospect of him being in the team with Uche and Naisy, still more news to come too, walkers a safer bet than some gamble from a league we’ve never heard of 

As much as I like to give grief about the circumstances of his departure, this is the main thing really for me. Too often he isn't on his game for me. Will he be more consistent this time? Who knows but the lack of game time is a worry. More importantly though is his mentality, if he's coming here to prove himself, head clear and has the desire then excellent. Like you say, an on form Walker will be a good addition. But as much as folk who are pissed at him are probably down playing him, the folk who want him back are probably over selling him. 

Jamie will know exactly what's expected of him, it's screw the nut time at this stage of his career and I think we're going to see the Jamie Walker we all love to watch... a match winner!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

High-risk signing. If, and it's a big if, he gets and stays fit he'll be the goalscoring midfielder we have craved for an eternity...

... interested to see what length of contract he gets, I'd be amazed if longer than 2 years.

gorgieheart
39 minutes ago, jkbam said:

After a season ruined by several key injuries, I'm surprised Levein is going for this.  if we are only signing another 3 players including Naismith, he really needs the other 2 to be regular first choice picks and not injury prone.  Not sure Walker meets either of these criteria given the last 2 years of his career.  If Walker is out for half the season, will this be another excuse for Levein or the straw that breaks the camels back and gets him the sack?  Maybe Levein has blown the wage budget on the extended deals for Souttar, Smith, Uche and Haring and he's having to gamble.  

where is it noted that its 3 including naismith ? 

pretty sure AB wouldnt allow the wage budget to be "blown"

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Not quite a marquee signing, more a 2 man tent,sorry if I've offended the kickback lefties, a 2 person tent

???

It should have been ten
8 hours ago, Section Q said:

Still a bit bemused by him coming back to the club. Walker didn't put a lot of effort in or show us much respect during the last year he was with us. He'll have to put in some big shifts to win over the support.

Seems an awful lot of the support have short memories as far as JW is concerned. Downed tools and tarted himself all over social media liking everything and anything to do with the huns...whilst not trying a leg for months for his alleged boyhood club. 

Pressley’s a snake though :lol:

52 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

where is it noted that its 3 including naismith ? 

pretty sure AB wouldnt allow the wage budget to be "blown"

Hearts plan to sign three attacking players over the coming weeks to reinforce their forward line for the new season.

Steven Naismith returns to Riccarton with the rest of the squad this morning for pre-season testing, and two others are also on the club’s radar.

The above was from an Evening News article on 21 June.

grumpyespana

I think the jury is still out on Walker personally I did not think he would be a good signing but I am willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong guys..

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Four/Five years before Walker’s form plummeted amid mischief-making from Sevco, he didn’t have an attitude problem. Good to know, Paolo, cheers. ?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

I can’t believe some of the negativity surrounding Walker. Some fans are

so fickle. 

He’s a decent player -proven at this level, has scored a fair amount of goals, and is a PHM. 

I always felt he was too small to compete down south, but will do fine here. 

Will be delighted if this signing comes through.