No new goalie this year

Blackford Hearts

2 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Yeah Woodman definitely has the attributes to be a top keeper. Imagine as England U21 keeper  he would t be short of options. 

Elliot is out of contract I think, so may be worth a shot. 

Bachman from Watford another shout. 

Otherwise I do believe there are solid options in England.

I would be happy with either of these two.  I think Elliot is under contract until next Summer and he may welcome a loan to get decent game to widen his options then.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• HMFC86

• Blackford Hearts

• Famous 1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regardless of their ability, Zlamal is contracted to 2021 and Doyle to 2020. 

6 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Massively disagree. He’s a poor goalkeeper. 

Aye! Nae bother mate,I'll stick with Craig Levein's take on it.

9 minutes ago, Cisco1914 said:

Aye! Nae bother mate,I'll stick with Craig Levein's take on it.

Aye good talking to you. Cause managers never get players wrong eh ??

Brighton Jambo
On 24/06/2019 at 11:30, DETTY29 said:

The cup final penalty mistake, as much as it annoys me, will  be made countless goal keepers, top class ones at that, most weeks.

Maybe you are right but the mistake in the league cup semi was an absolute howler.  One mistake in a big match is acceptable, two in the same season is not.  We should get rid 

Howdy Doody Jambo

We do need a better quality of keeper though if we want to challenge at the top end 

If we're looking for a Keeper, Zander Clark at St Johnstone. Contracted to 2020, same amount of clean sheets as Allan McGregor. 

They need to sell now to get anything for him. At 26 he could solve our Keeper issue for potentially the next 10 years if we gave him a decent length contract.

Can only assume Harry Stone is being viewed as Bobbys successor? Shame to miss out on a guy that could be playing for the national side with us. 

I have not seen him play but I'm surprised no one is mentioning Kelby Mason as next in line for the gloves.

He seems to have been with the reserves/U21s for ages.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Maybe you are right but the mistake in the league cup semi was an absolute howler.  One mistake in a big match is acceptable, two in the same season is not.  We should get rid 

Roussett and Smith both made howlers in big games and made amends.

We can’t afford to continually change out squad and discard players the way some fans seem to want us too.

A new goalie is way behind our attacking midfield and striker problems right now.

i wish jj was my dad
11 hours ago, OTT said:

If we're looking for a Keeper, Zander Clark at St Johnstone. Contracted to 2020, same amount of clean sheets as Allan McGregor. 

They need to sell now to get anything for him. At 26 he could solve our Keeper issue for potentially the next 10 years if we gave him a decent length contract.

Can only assume Harry Stone is being viewed as Bobbys successor? Shame to miss out on a guy that could be playing for the national side with us. 

If Craig Gordon isn't an option then ZC would be my next target but he might take a few bob to shift and it looks like Craig is prioritising attacking options.

I hope Harry Stone is capable of stepping up because Bobby always seems to have a howler in him.

11 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If Craig Gordon isn't an option then ZC would be my next target but he might take a few bob to shift and it looks like Craig is prioritising attacking options.

I hope Harry Stone is capable of stepping up because Bobby always seems to have a howler in him.

I dunno about it costing all that much, I know any transfer fee is significant for us, but I wonder if we could tempt them with a player to sweeten the deal. Doyle and Brandon + Cash ? Lets not forget they'll be paying ZC St Johnstone wages which apparently reduces how much they can demand for him & last 12 months, so there is a very real possibility they'll not get anything for him. I think approaching them with a couple of bids to see if they'll part with him for sub £200k would be worth a shot. 

Stone is still really, really young. Teenage goalkeepers in the top flight are a rarity. Levein better be sure of him before letting ZC pass. 

i wish jj was my dad
20 minutes ago, OTT said:

I dunno about it costing all that much, I know any transfer fee is significant for us, but I wonder if we could tempt them with a player to sweeten the deal. Doyle and Brandon + Cash ? Lets not forget they'll be paying ZC St Johnstone wages which apparently reduces how much they can demand for him & last 12 months, so there is a very real possibility they'll not get anything for him. I think approaching them with a couple of bids to see if they'll part with him for sub £200k would be worth a shot. 

Stone is still really, really young. Teenage goalkeepers in the top flight are a rarity. Levein better be sure of him before letting ZC pass. 

Good all round post. 200k would be a good investment for Zander if we have that. I do rate him.

Agree about Harry and trust Craig to get that right. 

• 1 month later...
On 24/06/2019 at 08:28, Blackford Hearts said:

Disappointed to read that no new goalie coming in. 

Thought both were weak and susceptible to errors. 

Spine of team is vital and think missed opportunity to strengthen

Just find out who printed that we weren’t signing a keeper and sue the person 😎

Stephen Muddie

Let me condense the thread for casual drifters and new participants alike:

"Waaa we're no signing a keeper... Waaaaaaa! We need a keeper"

*WE SIGN KEEPER

"Waaa we got told no keeper... Waaaaaa! We've signed a keeper!"

Sums up the indecision and amateurish standards that are everyday features of our management team these days. We all knew neither goalie was good enough and now CL believes that too.

Blackford Hearts
6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Just find out who printed that we weren’t signing a keeper and sue the person 😎

Ha ha. Can I sue the reporter who quoted Levein to cover my losses? 

15 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Let me condense the thread for casual drifters and new participants alike:

"Waaa we're no signing a keeper... Waaaaaaa! We need a keeper"

*WE SIGN KEEPER

"Waaa we got told no keeper... Waaaaaa! We've signed a keeper!"

Exactly this. 

I have no problem with CL throwing the media off the scent if he's actually working privately behind the scenes. 

Also, what would it have done for the confidence of an already struggling goalkeeper if the manager had said" I'm actively looking to sign a new 'keeper "? 

Bridge of Djoum
On 24/06/2019 at 03:31, stevie7147 said:

terrible decision that will come back to haunt him big style

Oh dear.

58 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Exactly this. 

I have no problem with CL throwing the media off the scent if he's actually working privately behind the scenes. 

Also, what would it have done for the confidence of an already struggling goalkeeper if the manager had said" I'm actively looking to sign a new 'keeper "? 

This is what the simpletons fail to see not only with keepers.

CL says he only wants 2 players. signs 5 and the resident moaners go ballistic because he told a white lie.  Jesus wept.

Dalstonjambo
3 hours ago, iainmac said:

Exactly this. 

I find it terrifying that grown adults can't understand this. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, iainmac said:

Exactly this. 

100%

Pretty obvious why a manager wouldn't be completely truthful in the press. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Surprised how many people rated Zlamal.

Awful keeper, never was a Lee or Ikpeazu fan either in truth. Took a bit of flak for that last early autumn, time tells.

I am not going to get too excited about any of the new signings just yet either, but I do reckon Damour should the league well