No new goalie this year

Blackford Hearts

CloustonHMFC
26 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Did he dive? Yes

That’s all that matters. He dived. If he didn’t there wouldn’t have been a penalty. It is Eduardos fault and not Bobbys. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• HMFC86

• Blackford Hearts

• Famous 1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

That’s all that matters. He dived. If he didn’t there wouldn’t have been a penalty. It is Eduardos fault and not Bobbys. 

Behave. Our keepers hesitation and clumsy challenge gave the ref a decision to make. It was a dive and it was poor goalkeeping

No concerns with Bobby being number 1 next season.

Every keeper has a brain fart in them, and at least we know what we get with Bobby instead of changing things again.

Plus Bobby wasn't one to throw the toys out the pram when he got dropped, but instead focused on making himself better.

Content enough with Zlamal as number 1. Ideally we'd sign better competition for him but, as already stated, the creative and productive areas of the field have to be our priority. 

Fecking non existent much of the time last season.

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Bobby is my number 1.  Doyle was potentially moving to the States, he'll definitely move there at some point 

He'll be at home in the MLS alright ...

StevenNaismith

But for a change in personal circumstances I’m pretty sure CG would’ve been at Hearts this summer. If Celtic paid up his contract it may still happen but he’s on a hefty wage so can’t see them stumping up to let him come back to Hearts.

WheatfieldWarrior

I think we're ok with goalies at the moment - Jon McLaughlin was better, but left after a season.  Gordon could come back, and we have a youngster coming through, so maybe best to keep what we have and focus our attention elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

But for a change in personal circumstances I’m pretty sure CG would’ve been at Hearts this summer. If Celtic paid up his contract it may still happen but he’s on a hefty wage so can’t see them stumping up to let him come back to Hearts.

I think the bigger issue is Lennon is unconvinced about Bain. I think that'll be the reason why Celtic won't release him early. 

Worrying as I’m not at all impressed with Doyle and Bobby is ok but I feel we can and should do better. 

Bobby is backup at best we need a solid keeper even if it's a keeper on loan. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Famous 1874
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think 9 out of 10 keepers would have come for that. 

9/10 will have made a mistake then

Famous 1874
2 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

You can’t be serious?

Cruyff Turn
11 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

9/10 will have made a mistake then

If the right decision was made by the referee and a penalty wasn’t given we wouldn’t even be talking about it.

SpruceBringsteen

Zlamal is a good goalie. Folk on here are just humpty they can't get a wee stauner for their ex-player fetish.

Guest ToqueJambo

I like Bobby. If we don't have a genuinely excellent goalie like Gordon, Niemi or even McLaughlin, I'd rather have a character like Bobby who will make mistakes but is generally solid, very vocal, a good shot stopper and a big character - bit like Rousset and Smith and even Kello but behind them ability wise.

We have to prioritise when it comes to signings though. We could find better players in every position bar maybe Naismith's but.... money. Getting more cutting edge up front is the priority. 

Big Slim Stylee

It’s not something that’s bothered me as much as the other glaring needs we have. Bobby is a decent keeper prone to the odd brain freeze.

I’d agree that in an ideal world we could do better but not at the expense of addressing our major attacking deficiencies.

Wrong decision  for me. We need a strong first choice nos 1 pick to complement back 4. Should be recruiting new nos 1 keeper which won't break the bank, leave Bobby on bench and release Doyle.

Bobby was brought in as a number 2 because we thought we were getting McGregor. He's still a number 2 in my eyes. I'd rather we tried to get St Johnstone to sell us Zander Clark. He's got great stats (on a par with McGregor & Bain). As of next season he'll be in his final 12 months so St J. need to cash in now or lose him. 

Gordon would be my first choice for sentimental reasons but Clark has youth on his side and given the lack of quality at GK in the national side joining us could be his ticket to the National side. 

Sad to say, but I think decisions like this are why Levein hasn't won jack shit as a manager. Very poor call. 

The White Cockade

Bobby looks a decent keeper but with the odd brain fart thrown in

Doyle is just awful

a big strong guy who should be solid but is worse than useless in the air

also not very agile and that one he threw in the net at Motherwell was unforgivable

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Bobby was brought in as a number 2 because we thought we were getting McGregor. He's still a number 2 in my eyes. I'd rather we tried to get St Johnstone to sell us Zander Clark. He's got great stats (on a par with McGregor & Bain). As of next season he'll be in his final 12 months so St J. need to cash in now or lose him. 

Gordon would be my first choice for sentimental reasons but Clark has youth on his side and given the lack of quality at GK in the national side joining us could be his ticket to the National side. 

Sad to say, but I think decisions like this are why Levein hasn't won jack shit as a manager. Very poor call. 

I don't think this is the case. Zlamal was quoted as saying he wanted to be a Hearts legend.

It's not a great call but perhaps the positive could be we're looking to spent money elsewhere

Maroon Sailor
30 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I don't think this is the case. Zlamal was quoted as saying he wanted to be a Hearts legend.

It's not a great call but perhaps the positive could be we're looking to spent money elsewhere

There is that but goalkeeper is one position you can't feck around with. You have to have a decent keeper and we don't have that.

Zlamal is a decent enough back up goalie for Hearts - solid enough. Doyle is never a Hearts goalkeeper in a million years though.

Disappointed with this.

Jambo 4 Ever
12 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Zlamal is a decent enough back up goalie for Hearts - solid enough. Doyle is never a Hearts goalkeeper in a million years though.

Disappointed with this.

This

we should have been going for Gordon

jambo-shmoo

I'd go for zander Clark at saints, much better then the two we have. Going into last year of contract and we could offer more him £££ than saints surely.

Bobby saying he’d snub English clubs to stay......delusional. 

Yes Edouard dived but it was brutal goalkeeping. He has to either come straight away or stay at home. He goes inbetween as he does with the majority of his decisions. 

Continually punches the ball into danger when a catch is simple(that’s a bug bear with lots of keepers anyway) but if you punch you need to get distance whereas he rarely does. 

The amount of goals he loses in and around his body is staggering. One at home v Kilmarnock where they beat us 1-0 was shocking. 

He cant move his feet quick. 

Yes, he is capable of a spectacular save but the amount of mistakes he makes outweighs this. He will cost us atleast 4-5 games next season.

Selkirk_Jambo

Bobby has been fine since he came back into the side, final aside. 

Far more pressing issues to resolve in the team, so not upset to hear this. That said, if Gordon becomes available, it's a no brainer. 

31 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Yes Edouard dived but it was brutal goalkeeping. He has to either come straight away or stay at home. He goes inbetween as he does with the majority of his decisions. 

Continually punches the ball into danger when a catch is simple(that’s a bug bear with lots of keepers anyway) but if you punch you need to get distance whereas he rarely does. 

The amount of goals he loses in and around his body is staggering. One at home v Kilmarnock where they beat us 1-0 was shocking. 

Yes, he is capable of a spectacular save but the amount of mistakes he makes outweighs this. He will cost us atleast 4-5 games next season.

Do you have any suggestions who should be the next goalie?

9 minutes ago, Cisco1914 said:

Do you have any suggestions who should be the next goalie?

There’s definitely better options out there, but we need to look for them. 

Clarke would be a longer term option, for I’d imagine a fairly modest fee, given he’s in the last year. Freddie Woodman is likely to be available, Rob Elliot is one id like to see us sound out. 

But there will be lots of keepers out of contract from championship/League 1 clubs that will improve the position. Even loans from Premier League clubs, if we don’t want to spend money. 

Im not overly keen on Gordon tbh albeit I do think he’s better than what we have at the moment.

pettigrewsstylist

Hard to justify new keeper when other needs looked at tbh. Suspect this will be main reason for no business. Nothing against the 2 very average keepers.

23 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Zamal is a good keeper, though is in the eccentric keeper mould, so will on occasion have brain farts. 

I'm ok with him. 

Better keepers than him have made errors like his in the cup final. 

Doyle worries me as he looks nervy and slow at times. 

Very much this for me

1 hour ago, HMFC86 said:

Clarke would be a longer term option, for I’d imagine a fairly modest fee, given he’s in the last year. Freddie Woodman is likely to be available, Rob Elliot is one id like to see us sound out. 

But there will be lots of keepers out of contract from championship/League 1 clubs that will improve the position. Even loans from Premier League clubs, if we don’t want to spend money. 

Im not overly keen on Gordon tbh albeit I do think he’s better than what we have at the moment.

Any the above goalies are not any better than bobby in my opinion.

Both very average goal keepers. Surely nobody believes they are at the standard what is required at Hearts?

All our closest rivals have a better keeper than us. Such a vital position when it comes to deciding games. 

I would have thought a new number 1 would be a priority this summer. Disappointing if this is what we have for next season.

20 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Both very average goal keepers. Surely nobody believes they are at the standard what is required at Hearts?

All our closest rivals have a better keeper than us. Such a vital position when it comes to deciding games. 

I would have thought a new number 1 would be a priority this summer. Disappointing if this is what we have for next season.

I'm sure our closest rivals will have better players in some positions and not so good in others.  I would dispute that Bain is better than Bobby BTW

1 hour ago, Cisco1914 said:

Any the above goalies are not any better than bobby in my opinion.

Massively disagree. He’s a poor goalkeeper. 

3 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

With the turmoil at Newcastle it might be difficult to do any sort of business with them for a while.

That aside, I don't know what to make of Woodman.  He has been "the next best thing" for ages but has still not managed to get a decent slot anywhere despite being on loan several times, including the Sheep and Killie.  He is still young enough for a keeper, though.

Elliot is a much better bet but I reckon a loan deal is the best we can (and should) do.  He will feel he can still make it in the top league in England but equally that is less likely to happen if he's not getting game time at a decent level

Hectormasson
On 24/06/2019 at 09:20, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Very disappointed with this. 

Bobby’s rash decision in the cup final was the turning point that sold the game to Celtic (irrespective of the fact that Eduardo dived, Bobby made it look like a penalty) We had our foot on their throat up to that point.

CL saying he and Doyle are good enough is a reason why we will probably fail to win any honours when the chips are down. 

Goalkeeper is a position that we could easily upgrade. That CL doesn’t seem concerned speaks volumes about why we will continue to scrape into the top 6 at best.

Totally agree, players in  in front are more confident playing alongside an agile able goalkeeper ' sadly levein doesn't seem to see a goalie as a top priority ' let's see how long it is before hes proved wrong !!  Hope Bobby has a season to make me eat my words ? But I do think so , hes one of our weakest yet,    'all we can hope is a solid defence in front of him ,,he is left with nothing to do.......

Hectormasson
Just now, Hectormasson said:

Totally agree, players in  in front are more confident playing alongside an agile able goalkeeper ' sadly levein doesn't seem to see a goalie as a top priority ' let's see how long it is before hes proved wrong !!  Hope Bobby has a season to make me eat my words ? But I dont do,nt think so , hes one of our weakest yet,    'all we can hope is a solid defence in front of him ,,he is left with nothing to do.......

Edited by Hectormasson
Dont spelt wrong

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

With the turmoil at Newcastle it might be difficult to do any sort of business with them for a while.

That aside, I don't know what to make of Woodman.  He has been "the next best thing" for ages but has still not managed to get a decent slot anywhere despite being on loan several times, including the Sheep and Killie.  He is still young enough for a keeper, though.

Elliot is a much better bet but I reckon a loan deal is the best we can (and should) do.  He will feel he can still make it in the top league in England but equally that is less likely to happen if he's not getting game time at a decent level

Yeah Woodman definitely has the attributes to be a top keeper. Imagine as England U21 keeper  he would t be short of options. 

Elliot is out of contract I think, so may be worth a shot. 

Bachman from Watford another shout. 

Otherwise I do believe there are solid options in England.

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Totally agree,??????