Jambos in Spain

Loftyjambo

Just moved permanently to Mojácar in Almeria province and wondering if there are any other Jambos in the area. After 50 years as a season ticket holder I sure will miss the great bunch of guys I sat with! Looking forward to a life of retirement but going to be back for some games. 

Think I will take in some Almeria games especially when they play Tenerife and give wee Suso a shout!!!

All the best for next season guys! It’s Hearts World for me!!!

I’d like to wish you all the very best in your new ‘adventure’.

Enjoy your new life, take care.

Morgan

3 hours ago, Loftyjambo said:

Just moved permanently to Mojácar in Almeria province and wondering if there are any other Jambos in the area. After 50 years as a season ticket holder I sure will miss the great bunch of guys I sat with! Looking forward to a life of retirement but going to be back for some games. 

Think I will take in some Almeria games especially when they play Tenerife and give wee Suso a shout!!!

Sir, 

Don't know that area but very familiar with the Alicante region - a few tips: 

1. VPNs (Tunnel Bear) will get you the BBC radio sports coverage you'll need

2.  Definitely get out to see Spanish football, so athletic and skilful.  And down where you are, it gets so hot don't be surprised if the summer fixtures kick off at 11pm to allow the temperature to cool down ...meaning you finish the game the next day.

3. Of all the Spanish language tools, this hidden BBC site is actually one of the best.   

4. Mahou is rocket fuel lager, don't drink with heatstroke. The best lager is Alhambra and you can find it in most places. Back home in Edinburgh, I couldn't believe it when I saw it in Scotmid - bought every box they had. 

7 hours ago, Loftyjambo said:

You'll be back, just after Halloween. ?

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That's really constructive.

Only a joke. Ye can stoap tapping yer fit, noo. Hey Zeus!

23 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Only a joke. Ye can stoap tapping yer fit, noo. Hey Zeus!

Your comments make little or no sense.

Auld Reekin'
On 24/06/2019 at 01:12, Deodato said:

The best lager is Alhambra and you can find it in most places. Back home in Edinburgh, I couldn't believe it when I saw it in Scotmid - bought every box they had. 

1 hour ago, Hector Riva said:

Hola.Bienvenido from the Costa del Sol.  Drink Mahou.

Yep, Mahou is OK - not so keen on Alhambra though. My favourite standard (non-"craft"/poncey) Spanish beer is Cerveza Ambar, from the La Zaragozana brewery, but you only tend to see this in Aragón and Navarra. Estrella Galicia is decent too.

Regarding Andalucían beers, one I really enjoyed when in Málaga earlier this year was Victoria. It's brewed in Málaga, but I don't know how widely available it is outside the city.

On 25/06/2019 at 16:31, Hector Riva said:

Hola.Bienvenido from the Costa del Sol.  Drink Mahou.

Mahou you're talking.

On 25/06/2019 at 07:51, Thumper said:

Your comments make little or no sense.

Does Thumper not tap his foot. Jesus! ::facepaw::

On 27/06/2019 at 03:16, ri Alban said:

Does Thumper not tap his foot. Jesus! ::facepaw::

I do indeed!  You get me there bud.

If I wore a cap I'd doff it for you.  But I'm a rabbit so I don't.

Thanks guys for the good wishes. VPN sorted so the other half can watch her soaps. As for the beer not keen on Mahou! It’s Estrella for me!

Purely for safety reasons ensuring sufficient liquid intake in the hot sun ?!

Edited by Loftyjambo

siegementality
8 hours ago, Loftyjambo said:

Thanks guys for the good wishes. VPN sorted so the other half can watch her soaps. As for the beer not keen on Mahou! It’s Estrella for me!

Purely for safety reasons ensuring sufficient liquid intake in the hot sun ?!

Have you bought somewhere over there? How might Brexit affect things for you?

Loftyjambo

Already had a flat but have bought a house to live in full time. Solicitor is sorting out Residencia for us. As long as you meet certain requirements like owning property , minimum sums of free cash in the bank it should not be a problem. With so many British people in Spain the Spanish can’t afford to create waves as it would destroy their property market.