St Mirren manager going going gone !

CJGJ

St Mirren manager not to return for pre-season training

The future of St Mirren manager Oran Kearney is in fresh doubt after the club told him not to attend the first day of pre-season training, STV has learned.

The Northern Irishman's relationship with Saints chairman Gordon Scott has broken down following a dispute over Kearney's commute.

The 40-year-old travels to Ballymoney in Northern Ireland every weekend, where his wife and family live.

2 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Jim Goodwin a cert to replace him .......

I suspect you may not be far away from the truth with that post

4 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Jim Goodwin a cert to replace him .......

Done deal. This is yesterday's news.

TyphoonJambo

Shit that's so sad. I would totally hate it if that bunch of lie down celtic sycophants just disappeared from the face of earth. 

Carl Fredrickson

My best friend is a St Mirren fan and was telling me about this last night. The board must be crazy to ask him to move. Kearney took over last season after Stubbs brought in a load of awful players who would have struggled in the championship never mind the premier league. Against all odds and expectations he kept them up.

After the balls up with Stubbs (predicted by many on here) they struck it lucky with Kearney. Will the next appointment being so lucky?

Kearney has a young family and the salary he is on (according to my pal) wouldnt justify him moving them all over hear. If he leaves other teams will be in for him. 

Hope they get relegated. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

My best friend is a St Mirren fan and was telling me about this last night. The board must be crazy to ask him to move. Kearney took over last season after Stubbs brought in a load of awful players who would have struggled in the championship never mind the premier league. Against all odds and expectations he kept them up.

After the balls up with Stubbs (predicted by many on here) they struck it lucky with Kearney. Will the next appointment being so lucky?

Kearney has a young family and the salary he is on (according to my pal) wouldnt justify him moving them all over hear. If he leaves other teams will be in for him. 

Hope they get relegated. 

Did he tell you he's already taken the Coleraine job.

If Goodwin goes as predicted above, does that bring into play the coaching move from our back room staff to Alloa? Sure I saw that mentioned on a thread before? 

I wonder if this might have some knock on impact on us. Wasn't there speculation that Daly and Fox may take over at Alloa when Goodwin was being heavily touted to go to Dundee? 

50 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Shit that's so sad. I would totally hate it if that bunch of lie down celtic sycophants just disappeared from the face of earth. 

6B3C924C-A55F-430D-B328-17D71DB9ADBE.jpeg

Captain America
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

St Mirren manager not to return for pre-season training

The future of St Mirren manager Oran Kearney is in fresh doubt after the club told him not to attend the first day of pre-season training, STV has learned.

The Northern Irishman's relationship with Saints chairman Gordon Scott has broken down following a dispute over Kearney's commute.

The 40-year-old travels to Ballymoney in Northern Ireland every weekend, where his wife and family live.

Not really ideal for a football manager to leave the country every weekend considering games are normally played at the weekend. ?

Is he going to manage the game via Skype? 

Carl Fredrickson
56 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Did he tell you he's already taken the Coleraine job.

He didnt,. Is this confirmed?

He seemed an ok sort.

Too good for that morally loose, shitehouse of a ‘club’.

Jim Goodwin on the other hand, appears ideally suited to them.

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Wtf!!!!!! What’s that all about?

Sure St Mirren allowed Celtic to put a pop up shop in their ground - sure somebody will be able to fill in the gaps as to the 'WHY?' part of it.

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Celtic played some pre season friendlies there so opened a ticket office for them. 

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Celtic used st Mirren Park as a venue for pre season friendlies against some no mark teams a few years back and completely over took the place. 

St Mirren claimed that this wasn’t part of the agreement but the entire shop was switched around as well.

im glad Kearney is away from them. Think he is a good manager, and sounds a thoroughly decent bloke. I watched a lot of the “irish“ league show from start to middle of last season and he came

across very well with good philosophies and ways of working. He will do well back at coleraine if that’s his choice or wherever his future lies

st Mirren on the other hand are a manky Celtic masterbating scum of a club.

the chairman who is so against his manager commuting actually believes they should be top 4 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Celtic used st Mirren Park as a venue for pre season friendlies against some no mark teams a few years back and completely over took the place. 

St Mirren claimed that this wasn’t part of the agreement but the entire shop was switched around as well.

im glad Kearney is away from them. Think he is a good manager, and sounds a thoroughly decent bloke. I watched a lot of the “irish“ league show from start to middle of last season and he came

across very well with good philosophies and ways of working. He will do well back at coleraine if that’s his choice or wherever his future lies

st Mirren on the other hand are a manky Celtic masterbating scum of a club.

the chairman who is so against his manager commuting actually believes they should be top 4 

Was it not Tony Fitzpatrick who said they should be top four?

8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Was it not Kearney who said St Mirren are  top 2 or 3 club?

85% sure it was.

:wink: 

23 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Absolutely scandalous, isn’t it?

I always love to post this picture when St.Shitedown are the subject matter. 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

6B3C924C-A55F-430D-B328-17D71DB9ADBE.jpeg

i'm gutted for them, honest I am! Irrelevant lie down shits.

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

i'm gutted for them, honest I am! Irrelevant lie down shits.

DB948CB5-692E-4C79-9737-5A55DBBA4D16.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

St Mirren FC the altar boys of Scottish football

George Pell likes this post.

:thumbsup:

Shanks said no
27 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Was it not Tony Fitzpatrick who said they should be top four?

Would not believe a word that lying piece of scum said

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

Would not believe a word that lying piece of scum said

Thought you may have an opinion on this subject!

:lol: 

Shanks said no
13 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thought you may have an opinion on this subject!

Mon Cheri, I may be be a few hundred miles away from gorgie at the moment but that abortion of a club will never be  forgotten 

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, Barack said:

God forbid the boy's got a family life. What difference does living 50 minutes away by plane make? As long as the guy's at work when he's supposed to be.

Better off out of it, if the Chairman is being that much of a *****.

You'd be surprised. Celtic managed to empty Lou Macari as he was in breach of contract for not living within a 45 mile radius of Parkhead. I think living in a hotel and not bringing over the family had a major impact on Mourinho's time at Man U as well.

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Absolutely scandalous, isn’t it?

I always love to post this picture when St.Shitedown are the subject matter. 

Unbelievable mate!!!!! 

After this, I wish they had gone down. Having them in the league brings something more than Hamilton and the likes though. 

Is this the same chairman who sacked Danny Lennon for being too mediocre and replace him with Tommy Craig? Deserves all he gets if so.

letsalldothebeattie

Got to feel for Kearney. Done a pretty good job keeping them up looks a decent manager. Hopefully if he does go it backfires big time on St Mirren and sees them relegated this season 

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Locky said:

After this, I wish they had gone down. Having them in the league brings something more than Hamilton and the likes though. 

Is this the same chairman who sacked Danny Lennon for being too mediocre and replace him with Tommy Craig? Deserves all he gets if so.

I dont think it is. IIRC Lennon was sacked by Stewart Gilmour and the current guy is Gordon Scott (happy to be proved wrong). 

For an ex-hibee I didnt mind Danny Lennon. Saw him play youth football many years ago and he was a stand out way back then. Heard him on Radio Scotland a year or so ago talking about the time he left St Mirren. Tommy Craig and he had agreed that they would both go. Lennon had his meeting with the board and that was him gone. Tommy passed him as he was leaving and said he would text him after his meeting with the board. That text didnt happen as TC was offered the managers job and shat on his pal. 

He could/should have contacted DL to say he was offered the job and wanted to have a go on his own but he didnt have the balls to do it. 

31 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I dont think it is. IIRC Lennon was sacked by Stewart Gilmour and the current guy is Gordon Scott (happy to be proved wrong). 

For an ex-hibee I didnt mind Danny Lennon. Saw him play youth football many years ago and he was a stand out way back then. Heard him on Radio Scotland a year or so ago talking about the time he left St Mirren. Tommy Craig and he had agreed that they would both go. Lennon had his meeting with the board and that was him gone. Tommy passed him as he was leaving and said he would text him after his meeting with the board. That text didnt happen as TC was offered the managers job and shat on his pal. 

He could/should have contacted DL to say he was offered the job and wanted to have a go on his own but he didnt have the balls to do it. 

Wasn't that keen on Lennon but feel sorry the way he was treated at Saints. Always found it mad that he's struggled to get more work at the top level of Scottish football.

The fact that he dropped down to League 2 to take over Clyde shows he obviously just loves the game and wants to keep involved.

On 24/06/2019 at 10:58, Locky said:

Then replaced Tommy Craig with Ian Murray.  

:rofl:

Read today Lennon took them to 8th in the league, kept them up for 3 years and won the Cup (yes, had to bring that up sorry)... doing well at Clyde, wondered if they could go back for him?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Stavropol said:

Read today Lennon took them to 8th in the league, kept them up for 3 years and won the Cup (yes, had to bring that up sorry)... doing well at Clyde, wondered if they could go back for him?

Googled Danny Lennon to see what he's up to now as for a while there he was yet another "next big thing" in Scottish football management, destined for big things (see also Alan Archibald, Tommy Wright, John Hughes, Terry Butcher, etc etc) and at 50 he looks like my 83 year old Dad!

i wish jj was my dad
On 24/06/2019 at 12:34, Carl Fredrickson said:

Delighted when they sacked Danny Lennon and replaced him with that sleekit wee prick. Best decision they ever made. 

:greggy: