Gutter cleaning?

Justin Z

Any recommendations? I've gotten a quote of £78 for my not-very-big, semi-detached house which seems a bit high to me, though I really have no basis for comparison to be fair as we don't even have or need gutters in the desert of Arizona. I would do it myself but I have just a wobbly ladder and an awkward area along the side where the angle I can prop it at would be really steep, so I'd rather just leave it to a pro and forego the risk of cracking my ribs or skull or what have you on the ground below.

We used SCS Cleaning Services last time, and if I mind right it was around £60-£70.

The guy showed me what he'd cleaned out, and I'm still wondering how some of that crap got up there.

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Any recommendations? I've gotten a quote of £78 for my not-very-big, semi-detached house which seems a bit high to me, though I really have no basis for comparison to be fair as we don't even have or need gutters in the desert of Arizona. I would do it myself but I have just a wobbly ladder and an awkward area along the side where the angle I can prop it at would be really steep, so I'd rather just leave it to a pro and forego the risk of cracking my ribs or skull or what have you on the ground below.

Ask your window cleaner if he would do it.

Ours does it for £30

Psychedelicropcircle

Plumbers = £80 window cleaners £40 

Taking for granted its first floor of course! 

Some window cleaning companies have  a vacuum system that can reach up to 10 metres. Dunno wot they’d charge 

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

A tenner an elevation I usually charge, unless it's a heavily tree lined area, then it's probably £15 per side, possible £20( Downpipe rodding and water testing). Roofing companies will charge by the hour, tho. 

6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Whatever you decide, Justin, resist the temptation to do it yourself. A mate of mine did his own guttering in the 1990's and was ill for weeks. An acute throat infection caused by inhaling particles of dried pigeon shit, apparently. 

Rats with wings. 

Blackford Hearts

Got a guy that will do it and check your roof. PM me if not already sorted. Cheers 

Maroon Sailor
11 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

We used SCS Cleaning Services last time, and if I mind right it was around £60-£70.

The guy showed me what he'd cleaned out, and I'm still wondering how some of that crap got up there.

Next time I get my gutters cleaned I'm making sure an empty bucket goes up. Think I got swizzled from a here's what I done earlier job. The bucket was Harry Toppers and they had only been up for about 3 minutes !

Edited by Maroon Sailor

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Next time I get my gutters cleaned I'm making sure an empty bucket goes up. Think I got swizzled from a here's what I done earlier job. The bucket was Harry Toppers and they had only been up for about 3 minutes !

Better give them a pat down too, just in case.  There were a couple of bits of rubble in what I was shown that must have been dropped by a passing albatross.

As above get your window cleaner 

I asked my window cleaner, he said £40 and as they have never been cleaned since house was built 15 years ago I thought it would need a good clean 

10 mins later whole lot was done and bucket was hardly a quarter full, guy said just give me £30 as there wasn’t much to clean out 

15 minutes ago, theshed said:

As above get your window cleaner 

I asked my window cleaner, he said £40 and as they have never been cleaned since house was built 15 years ago I thought it would need a good clean 

10 mins later whole lot was done and bucket was hardly a quarter full, guy said just give me £30 as there wasn’t much to clean out 

I hope you have him the £40.

Cairneyhill Jambo

I bought one of these a few years ago.  Best fiver i've ever spent.  You just attach it to a decorating extension pole and it takes about 5 minutes to do the gutters.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PROGUTTER-round-gutter-cleaning-scraper/dp/B00G6UZH6A/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2T2LDKCI4BHAW&keywords=gutter+cleaner+tool&qid=1561382313&s=gateway&sprefix=gutter+clea%2Caps%2C1114&sr=8-4

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

I bought one of these a few years ago.  Best fiver i've ever spent.  You just attach it to a decorating extension pole and it takes about 5 minutes to do the gutters.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PROGUTTER-round-gutter-cleaning-scraper/dp/B00G6UZH6A/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2T2LDKCI4BHAW&keywords=gutter+cleaner+tool&qid=1561382313&s=gateway&sprefix=gutter+clea%2Caps%2C1114&sr=8-4

It would certainly stop your partner going up ladders.

Bridge of Djoum

I hope they are cheaper than my window cleaner. My annual bill is 100k

****** scandalous likesay.

5 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I hope they are cheaper than my window cleaner. My annual bill is 100k

****** scandalous likesay.

Sorry, I'm new. But what are you on about?

?

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Wine tonight. 

I'm always moaning.