Aberdeen knock back £5m from Celtic for McKenna

Section Q

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Wonder if this is legit...

CCF7B351-143E-4438-90B0-BBBC77E04562.jpeg

In beside a photo of two lassies arses as they try and get in to a car, and another lassie bending over naked whilst fingering her poop-chute? :lol:

That's it. I'm convinced.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Inch Hearts

• Beast Boy

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Schevchenko

McKenna is Rotten, I would defo be selling.

1 - You are weakening Celtic

2 - £5 mil are they serious!!

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

In "legal" terms, what's an assist? Last person to touch the ball before the scorer?

Not just that but when Arsenal only had 3 players make 50 games last season, I doubt anyone would take a clause stipulating 2.5m for playing 50 games in the first season, especially for someone who has just had double groin surgeries.

I'd imagine any genuine offer would also stipulate at the very least that games, goals and assist payments related to first team games only.

Finally the inconsistencies are very un-legal like, clause 1 refers to his 1st season at the club, clauses 2 and 3 just his 1st season.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

In beside a photo of two lassies arses as they try and get in to a car, and another lassie bending over naked whilst fingering her poop-chute? :lol:

I never noticed that at first :lol: 

I’ve seen it elsewhere though that’s just on some randoms phone. 

Still likely bolloks I know. 

Mr Elwood P

Detective Inspector Icon

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I never noticed that at first :lol: 

I’ve seen it elsewhere though that’s just on some randoms phone. 

Still likely bolloks I know. 

Fair enough, mate. Just made me laugh. ?

doctor jambo

That was evidence of the SFA preparing for dave King

The Future's Maroon

Haha, I was just going to post the same ?

18 hours ago, KennyMcP said:

Aberdeen are counting on a significant over-valuation of McKenna to help finance their new ground, and are using the press to assist.  (We’d get no such assistance if we were to do the same with Soapy or any player).

You think the Glasgow press are going out of their way to help Aberdeen, while also trying to get Celtic to pay over the odds for McKenna?

2 hours ago, mikescotland said:

I don't know which bit to believe the least - that they offered £5M in the first place or that the sheep could afford to turn £5M down.

Both are quite clearly bollocks and didn't happen.

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Wonder if this is legit...

CCF7B351-143E-4438-90B0-BBBC77E04562.jpeg

That phone yours? That’s why you screenshot!

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Not mine bud :lol: 

That’s good! Someone’s gonna be in trouble, when the bird finds their back doors have been spread, all over the internet!

Seems too random for add-ons

Not one Arsenal player made 50 appearances last season.

None.

Edit :

That's actually a lie.    Iwobi, Torreira  and Aubameyang had 51 including all cup games.   The rest only had around 40.

Edited by Lovecraft

On 24/06/2019 at 22:03, Mr Elwood P said:

Think you need to get someone else to manage your finances for you! Taking the first bid that comes along is an illogical strategy. Saying you'd accept £5.5m less than the current top bid is just idiotic. It is time for Scottish clubs to start being more bullish in the transfer market and demanding top fees for our top players. Aberdeen have my full support on this matter. 

Tongue firmly in cheek when I said it 

I don’t think he’s worth anywhere near 5 million - a million tops in terms of worth 

that said, if someone is stupid enough to bid 5 million for him Aberdeen are probably more stupid rejecting it 

hang on a second - apparently we are holding for 5 million for soapy although we don’t want to sell - if Aberdeen are holding out for more than 5 mill for McKenna then we should be looking for more for soapy - simples 

if by the sheep holding out for more causes teams to bid more for Scottish players including at hearts then that’s no bad thing 

I just think mckenna is rank as a defender - far too inconsistent and makes 2 many mistakes - 5 million is a lot to turn down 

let’s see what he eventually goes for 

Famous 1874

Silly of them to turn it down.

McKenna out and Kerr in. Better player and will be able to get him for a decent price.

On 24/06/2019 at 21:58, Nookie Bear said:

He will be when someone offers £14m for him.

More a comparison based on what the sheep are valuing McKenna at 

I won’t hold my breath waiting for the 14 million bid Tbh 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Tongue firmly in cheek when I said it 

I don’t think he’s worth anywhere near 5 million - a million tops in terms of worth 

that said, if someone is stupid enough to bid 5 million for him Aberdeen are probably more stupid rejecting it 

hang on a second - apparently we are holding for 5 million for soapy although we don’t want to sell - if Aberdeen are holding out for more than 5 mill for McKenna then we should be looking for more for soapy - simples 

if by the sheep holding out for more causes teams to bid more for Scottish players including at hearts then that’s no bad thing 

I just think mckenna is rank as a defender - far too inconsistent and makes 2 many mistakes - 5 million is a lot to turn down 

let’s see what he eventually goes for 

I think we will see a massive change in the fees that clubs like Hearts and Aberdeen can command over the next few years. McGinn went for over £3m, Motherwell were about to get £3m for Turnbull, Souttar and McKenna are the next two Scottish players who will move for big fees. If we can get the academy producing top young players we could massively increase our income by selling to cash rich English clubs. If another Gordon or Naysmith came along the money would be transformational. 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think we will see a massive change in the fees that clubs like Hearts and Aberdeen can command over the next few years. McGinn went for over £3m, Motherwell were about to get £3m for Turnbull, Souttar and McKenna are the next two Scottish players who will move for big fees. If we can get the academy producing top young players we could massively increase our income stream by selling to cash rich English clubs. If another Gordon or Naysmith came along the money would be transformational. 

It’s another debate entirely and I’m 100% with you in that too many Scottish players in the past, decent Scottish players, have been sold off on the cheap to clubs with more financial muscle but for abject market value.

If you genuinely believe things are changing for the better in terms of fees commanded for Scottish players as a whole, I really hope you are right. No challenge there.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

It’s another debate entirely and I’m 100% with you in that too many Scottish players in the past, decent Scottish players, have been sold off on the cheap to clubs with more financial muscle but for abject market value.

If you genuinely believe things are changing for the better in terms of fees commanded for Scottish players as a whole, I really hope you are right. No challenge there.

I really do. I think the success of Andy Robertson at Liverpool will have a massive impact on perceptions of young Scottish players. The work Celtic have done with Van Dijk, Wanyama and Dembele will help sell non-Scottish players for huge fees to England as well. Clubs know that if a player is a real standout in our Premiership then they have a good chance of making the step up to EPL or other top European leagues. I'm really interested to see what fee Tierney, McKenna and Souttar go for and also intrigued by Morelos. I think he might go for well over £10m. If we could sell a couple of players for £5m or more I'd love us to buy a player for £1m, just so Beslija is wiped out of our footballing history! 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I really do. I think the success of Andy Robertson at Liverpool will have a massive impact on perceptions of young Scottish players. The work Celtic have done with Van Dijk, Wanyama and Dembele will help sell non-Scottish players for huge fees to England as well. Clubs know that if a player is a real standout in our Premiership then they have a good chance of making the step up to EPL or other top European leagues. I'm really interested to see what fee Tierney, McKenna and Souttar go for and also intrigued by Morelos. I think he might go for well over £10m. If we could sell a couple of players for £5m or more I'd love us to buy a player for £1m, just so Beslija is wiped out of our footballing history! 

850 k from Genk if I recollect 

great pedigree and was supposed to be as fast as a silver bullet. Dearie me 

i cant remember if he even played a full game, excluding coming on as a sub ?

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

850 k from Genk if I recollect 

great pedigree and was supposed to be as fast as a silver bullet. Dearie me 

i cant remember if he even played a full game, excluding coming on as a sub ?

Not sure on starts. He had 37 caps for Bosnia and Herzegovina before arriving, never played International football again after us! Some really weird signings at Hearts over that period. Obua seems to have just retired at 28 after leaving us? 

45 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If another Gordon or Naysmith came along the money would be transformational.

:spoton:

53 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think we will see a massive change in the fees that clubs like Hearts and Aberdeen can command over the next few years. McGinn went for over £3m, Motherwell were about to get £3m for Turnbull, Souttar and McKenna are the next two Scottish players who will move for big fees. If we can get the academy producing top young players we could massively increase our income by selling to cash rich English clubs. If another Gordon or Naysmith came along the money would be transformational. 

Or we would let their contact run down and get pennies (as has been the case most recently with our homegrown players) 

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Or we would let their contact run down and get pennies (as has been the case most recently with our homegrown players) 

Although... only one of them has actually went on to be successful at a higher level, and he was injured before the planned window to move him on.

Everyone else who went for pennies has been a failure.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

We don't let a players contract run down, they let it run down. If we don't get a bid and they don't sign a new deal we are left in a helpless position. Only player that has actually left and done anything is Callum Paterson. Still disappointed he didn't sign a deal to ensure Hearts got a fee for him.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Although... only one of them has actually went on to be successful at a higher level, and he was injured before the planned window to move him on.

Everyone else who went for pennies has been a failure.

True, although just because you turn out to be a failure doesn't mean we shouldn't still be getting good money for our top prospects at the time. Just look at Ryan Gauld as an example, went for about £3m 5 years ago and he has been a total failure.

We should have got decent money for Paterson walker and Nicholson but we hold onto them too long if they are not signing a new deal. Hopefully the club has found a better balance now of offering contracts to the right players.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We don't let a players contract run down, they let it run down. If we don't get a bid and they don't sign a new deal we are left in a helpless position. Only player that has actually left and done anything is Callum Paterson. Still disappointed he didn't sign a deal to ensure Hearts got a fee for him.

It is disappointing, anyway, hopefully we've turned a corner and will start receiving good money for our players like other clubs.