Favourite Jamie Walker Moment

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

With the heavily rumoured return of Walker I wonder what some of the best memories are.

Yes, the door closing,  getting in his car , I hear the snake hunters.

But Walker had some real moments of class. What was your favourite?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And that time we had a late lead vs Hibs and he just casually strolled in front of their fans when the ball went out of play trolling them was brilliant.

9 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

When he left. 

After the shit him and his agent pulled alongside the huns, I really can't blame you. Felt the same. If he is coming back I'm going to try and put that to one side. 

Regarding the thread, the goal against St Mirren, he wins the ball back and drives towards goal and scores. Was the season we went down I think?

RobbofordGHC

Jamie would be a huge asset for us if any return to the club was accompanied by a return to form. This thread will be filled with detractors knocking him in disparaging terms pretty soon but the bottom line is he was supported and applauded by the vast majority of fans attending games right up until he left. Highlights are numerous, goals against Rangers and Hibs among them, more important was his overall contribution where often he was the one player we had with the ability to change a game. A return of a fit Jamie Walker would be one of the best signings the club has made in years.

Bridge of Djoum

Image result for jamie walker hearts

This all too common pose when he downed tools like a wee bairn and didn't give a **** about the club.

So long ago since he did anything of note in maroon, that I’m genuinely struggling. Probably his good performance in the 4-1 game v Rangers. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

Him slithering down the tunnel for the last time “injured” as was the norm for the rat in his last season. 

indianajones
6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Image result for jamie walker hearts

This all too common pose when he downed tools like a wee bairn and didn't give a **** about the club.

My abiding memory is him just not trying and looking short of any sort of natural fitness. 

Walker wanted to go to Rangers kicked up wouldn't sign a contract. Lafferty wanted to go to Rangers and basically threw back all the support the club gave him in our faces, CL said every day Laff was on at him wanting to know when he could go etc....

I understand people not wanting walker back for those reasons, but I then struggle with people in the same breath wanting Lafferty back when he was as quick to turn his back on the club.

Both at their peak would improve us all the same.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

My abiding memory is him just not trying and looking short of any sort of natural fitness. 

Yip. Fleeting memories of goals and effort. Fleeting. Ruined his stint at the club by his complete lack of respect. 

I Understand those wanting him back and their reasons. I shan't argue with them. Same as the Lafferty situation. The player? Yes. Their heads? No. 

indianajones
3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yip. Fleeting memories of goals and effort. Fleeting. Ruined his stint at the club by his complete lack of respect. 

I Understand those wanting him back and their reasons. I shan't argue with them. Same as the Lafferty situation. The player? Yes. Their heads? No. 

I don't understand it to be honest. That's our money thats getting spent on that snakes wages. 

Should never be allowed the honour of playing in maroon again. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Him slithering down the tunnel for the last time “injured” as was the norm for the rat in his last season. 

Not when he runs back down it then scoring for Hearts 

:jjockio:

Some of the bile recorded here about a great Hearts player is absolutely ridiculous, if I was  JW  I would I would not want to play for Hearts, their support have selective memories.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Plato said:

Some of the bile recorded here about a great Hearts player is absolutely ridiculous, if I was  JW  I would I would not want to play for Hearts, their support have selective memories.

What does your support have?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, RS86 said:

And that time we had a late lead vs Hibs and he just casually strolled in front of their fans when the ball went out of play trolling them was brilliant.

Couple of cracking strikes in there. I was amazed he tackled a Rangers player of course 

?

30 minutes ago, RS86 said:

No player in our current squad could copy either of these goals. But nah, lets not bring him back ?

Holyrood_Hearts
4 minutes ago, Plato said:

Absolute nonsense. Yeah JW did a great job for us, but you can’t ignore the last 18 months of him downing tools & being in a strop. 

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I don't understand it to be honest. That's our money thats getting spent on that snakes wages. 

Should never be allowed the honour of playing in maroon again. 

I get the fact we need a player just like him. An in-form and motivated JW is a very effective player. I just wonder if we will see the best of him in a sense of injuries and form. 

It's a quandary. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

No player in our current squad could copy either of these goals. But nah, lets not bring him back ?

You're only using one side of the argument. You cannot just ignore the very valid point that he ****** us around. Yes we need a motivated JW, no we do not need the little **** that downed tools last time. 

gashauskis9

Was a part of our first team set up for 5 years and I reckon he only played to his potential in 10-15 games.

If he comes back, he gets my full support, but I’ll treat it like a new signing rather than the return of a great ex-player because, to be fair, I didn’t rate him that highly before.  

Milinkovic done more in one season than Walker did in his entire career, so I know where I’d be leaning if we had an opportunity to sign either of them.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

7A6DE7A9-7761-4579-9833-22916F797DB2.png

There's yer dinner.

Dropped his thong and bent over as soon as he heard that lot wanted him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, RobbofordGHC said:

Jamie would be a huge asset for us if any return to the club was accompanied by a return to form. This thread will be filled with detractors knocking him in disparaging terms pretty soon but the bottom line is he was supported and applauded by the vast majority of fans attending games right up until he left. Highlights are numerous, goals against Rangers and Hibs among them, more important was his overall contribution where often he was the one player we had with the ability to change a game. A return of a fit Jamie Walker would be one of the best signings the club has made in years.

Absolutely. He's a quality player 

14 minutes ago, Plato said:

“Great”?? Come on eh ffs!!!

you are easy pleased if Jamie is one of your hearts greats!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Was a part of our first team set up for 5 years and I reckon he only played to his potential in 10-15 games.

If he comes back, he gets my full support, but I’ll treat it like a new signing rather than the return of a great ex-player because, to be fair, I didn’t rate him that highly before.  

Milinkovic done more in one season than Walker did in his entire career, so I know where I’d be leaning if we had an opportunity to sign either of them.

What did Milinkovic do specifically Walker didn't out of curiosity?

I don't really remember too much from Walker to be honest, apart from the goal he scored against Hibs and I think he scored at Parkhead. When he came into the team we were playing against 1st division opposition whilst we were a Premier team relegated, not because we weren't good enough for the Premier, unlike Hibs but because of the -15 points deduction. He did well in the lower league and started ok back in the Premier again. After that he struggled sometimes against better players then had his head turned by Rangers2012. He downed tools from then on and I wasn't bothered that he'd left. Had he done a Hartley, told he wasn't going to one of the old firm and knuckled down again like he did then there might've been more fans accepting he could return. Whether he does or not, i'm not too bothered.

The situation was different with Lafferty. Part of the agreement of him coming to Hearts in the first place was that if a better financial offer comes in then we wouldn't stand in his way. Just so happens that it was the club he supported. And he didn't down tools, unlike Walker, a so-called Hearts fan. Lafferty still scored one of our best goals in one of our best results last season against Celtic before he disappeared west.

penicuik jambo

Journalist told me yesterday at a kids football tournament that he expects Walker to be done next week

Very talented, attitude questionable. Fit and committed he would quickly win back doubters. He and Sam Nic. had no future once Cathro came, there was no place for players doing their own thing and expressing themselves in his world. JW needs to grab an opportunity or his career will just Peter out. Think we missed a trick with Milinkovic, would liked to have seen him and Uche together. IMO.

I remember a game at Tynecastle in December 2016 where we lost 1-0.  Walker was our only creative player and Aberdeen systematically fouled him then got in his face and Perry Kitchen was the only Hearts player that actually stood up for him.  That game epitomised the Cathro era  with players that weren’t interested.

One year later you had Naismith, Lafferty & Berra all fighting the corner for their team mates.

The way Walker left was wrong and he made mistakes, but he was hung out to dry in a very poor Hearts team. I’d take him back though as he’s better than what we have.

tokyowalnut

He's not kicked a ball in 2 seasons, more if you bolt on the last part of his time with us. Another, like Lafferty, who's ego is bigger than the talent. Could've been a star, doesn't have the work ethic or attitude. 

A no for me. 

8 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Big Milinkovic fan but he had many average games as well. 

Obviously was very good in the Celtic game but did go missing at times too, Walker did the same.

Would take both back if fit and committed

11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Don't think it's a fair comparison between Walker and Milinkovic to be honest. Walker came through our youth system and was at the club for a few years, Milinkovic was here one season and even then, Levein refused to play him that often, especially away from home. I was surprised Hearts even offered him a contract if he wasn't going to be a regular player.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

He's not kicked a ball in 2 seasons, more if you bolt on the last part of his time with us. Another, like Lafferty, who's ego is bigger than the talent. Could've been a star, doesn't have the work ethic or attitude. 

A no for me. 

It's a favourite moment thing?

grumpy rebus
17 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I get the fact we need a player just like him. An in-form and motivated JW is a very effective player. I just wonder if we will see the best of him in a sense of injuries and form. 

It's a quandary. 

This is exactly where I am. He’s obviously talented, so when fit and motivated he would be a big plus to the team. But, and it’s a huge but, will we see that Jamie Walker again or will it be the injured/unfit/can’t be arsed version? 

As for leaving under a cloud, Webster did it (perhaps worse) and Ryan Stevenson did it, but both came back and proved to be good players for us. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Good point. 

I think his challenge on the ''Rangers'' player and subsequent finish in the 4-1 game. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, grumpy rebus said:

This is exactly where I am. He’s obviously talented, so when fit and motivated he would be a big plus to the team. But, and it’s a huge but, will we see that Jamie Walker again or will it be the injured/unfit/can’t be arsed version? 

As for leaving under a cloud, Webster did it (perhaps worse) and Ryan Stevenson did it, but both came back and proved to be good players for us. 

Good point but I don't recall either just downing tools and actively trying to get a red card. 

tokyowalnut
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

? did the one thing that annoys me on here, I didn't answer the OP!

The goal against Rangers when we pumped them, even more so because I was watching it in Glasgow. 

He is so frustrating because he has talent!!

7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Was there not a game it looked like he deliberately got himself sent off?

Aberdeen at home, we lost 1-2 and this was the last game in front of the Main Stand. Got a second yellow and it looked very deliberate.

I would still welcome him back as he is a good player.

A bit of hive mentality going on here I think. The perception of JW as a snake and central to our poor attacking performances during Cathro/early Levein period was pretty common. JW took a lot of the flack because he was clearly one of our top players, and wanted to leave the club.

Are the critics forgetting that among our most successful, and most loved players, also 'downed tools'? Skacel did this in his first season. Shame we allowed him the honour of playing in maroon for a second spell.

Are people forgetting that stuff goes on behind the scenes that fans cannot understand? Hartley submitted a transfer request, clearly wanting to force through a move to celtic. The request was rejected as the club saw fit, life went on, Hartley eventually got his move (a fair price) yet remains a hero.

It's a funny debate as it probably has very little to do with the likelihood of JW being a valuable addition to our squad, which is clearly the important issue here. All things considered, if JW returns and contributes as much as he did over his first spell, the naysayers will be cheering just as loudly as everyone else - regardless of any phm, im a better fan than you, posturing.

Bridge of Djoum

2 ways to look at this. 

1. We get a fit and motivated Jamie Walker. We need that.

2. We get the same Jamie Walker when he left. We don't need that.

The question is, which scenario is more likely? 

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

2 ways to look at this. 

1. We get a fit and motivated Jamie Walker. We need that.

2. We get the same Jamie Walker when he left. We don't need that.

The question is, which scenario is more likely? 

Number 1 August to November. 

Number 2 rest of season 

33 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That last paragraph is way off!

Bridge of Djoum
12 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Number 1 August to November. 

Number 2 rest of season 

:rofl:

Seems most likely.