Pat Bonnar

NB GIN

There’s a thread on Twitter asking fans to give valuations for their whole first team squad, which I’ve only seen because a Hearts fan I follow replied to it. There’s some absolute whoppers in there. Some have Tierney at £40m plus add ons.

One of them values Jack Hendry at £3m!!! Mind you, same guy has Gordon available on a free transfer, which I’d be happy with. ?

Edited by Shaggy2

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Toxteth O'Grady

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Wait, Celtic had a player sent off AND were denied a penalty.

Refs had it all wrong back then!

And a goal chalked off for offside. 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

If he's worth £15m, I assume Sellick are paying him £80k a week then?

No? Thought not...

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

If he's worth £15, so is Souttar.

I think Tierney a very good player. So is Soapy.

You have Bonner moaning that Scottish teams can't get what English teams can. Guess what, Packy, the rest of Scotland can't get what Celtic can.

Its like their "team x in Europe has 10 times our budget" argument after a defeat. In a press conference of a game against Ross County.

Two good posts which accurately highlight disparity in the transfer market, and the difficulties it presents. Also highlights the hypocrisy of Celtic and our complicit media.

Celtic think it’s unfair that they can’t compete with the EPL for transfer fees, yet they offer smaller fees for Scottish players at smaller clubs. 

This pish about ‘if they are worth x then why aren’t you paying them y’ works both ways Celtic. Maybe remember this next time you use an agent to try and get a Scottish player for a fee based on their imaginary wages to value calculations.

Bridge of Djoum

FFS. Unanimous agreement on a thread. Well done, ''Packie''. You've united us. 

upgotheheads

Celtic seem pretty keen to get rid of Tierney while his reputation is still high. He's still recovering from injury and didn't look  great for most of last season.

I wonder if they see the writing on the wall? it wouldn't be the first time that a very promising young player has gone backwards when he gets into his early 20's.

Delusional. Tierney has it in his to be a great player but the amount of international call offs he's had doesn't reflect well, and thinking he can stay at Celtic his whole career is laughable. If he wants to kick on, he needs to move on. 

I don't think Tierney has the same strength of character as Robertson and will likely be in his shadow his entire career unless he does something about it, or changes position. 

Bridge of Djoum

Will go to Arsenal, be out on loan the following year, probably to Wolves or leicester. Career will spiral downwards, fast forward to 2026 and KT is last spotted sipping from a green bottle round the back of Kings Cross, pishing his Celtic trackie bottoms, asking for steak bake money.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Will go to Arsenal, be out on loan the following year, probably to Wolves or leicester. Career will spiral downwards, fast forward to 2026 and KT is last spotted sipping from a green bottle round the back of Kings Cross, pishing his Celtic trackie bottoms, asking for steak bake money.

all the while he should be at the ormiston barn training for celtics feeder club

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

all the while he should be at the ormiston barn training for celtics feeder club

Loan spell def on the cards there. Post Kings X episode.

Bonnar was an over rated keeper in his time and has progressed onto being an absolute roaster when he opens his massive gob. 

He's up there with Walker and rest of the weggie gibsh***s.. 

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

And a goal chalked off for offside. 

:wow:

I forwarded to our goal so must have missed that.

Toxteth O'Grady
29 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Its worth seeing - great skill by McAvennie 

32 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Other key moments are brilliant clearance by Levein and good second half effort just wide by Colquhoun. 

Fairly typical game of time where we played well but Celtic pegged us back getting a late equaliser. 

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Other key moments are brilliant clearance by Levein and good second half effort just wide by Colquhoun. 

Fairly typical game of time where we played well but Celtic pegged us back getting a late equaliser. 

Saw the Colquhoun effort.

Owen Coyle jumping on Timothy bandwagon unbelievable the lot of them, twisted beyond belief if anything Coyles outburst is more twisted than daft Packie.

The White Cockade

Bonnar is so biased that he shouldn't be employed by the BBC as an "expert" summariser

He only gives things from a Celtic point of view - get him on Celtic TV and give the rest of us a break

Thought he was a reasonable keeper but an absolute roaster as a pundit

Bazzas right boot

Pat has out done himself there. 

Are Arsenal big enough? 

Ffs. 

Pats been buzzing the lighter fluid while stoking himself off into a Celtic top during his spare time. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Nah, He's a good lb. 

If he was right footed and sided he'd maybe be a bit more ordinary, but being left footed does elevate you. 

Arsenal's two left backs aren't that great, I'd expect Tierney to become a regular. 

Going with quotes like that and his valuation think I should get Pat B to do wage negotiations for me at work 

14 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Are Arsenal big enough? 

Ffs. 

Pats been buzzing,the lighter fluid while himself into a Celtic top during his spare time. 

Can we have that in the Queens English please? Thank you in advance

Edited by 7628mm

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Can we have that in the Queens English please? Thank you in advance

Even after the edit I ****ed it.

Sometimes you just got to admit defeat.

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

Going with quotes like that and his valuation think I should get Pat B to do wage negotiations for me at work 

He'll get a job at Kwik Fit no bother.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

:rofl:

4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Are Arsenal big enough? 

Ffs. 

Pats been buzzing the lighter fluid while stoking himself off into a Celtic top during his spare time. 

This post is also available in English.

7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Let's hope your neighbours weren't recording you.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Let's hope your neighbours weren't recording you.

No problem for me, I'm recording them. ?

8 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

No problem for me, I'm recording them. ?

:rofl: Why do I believe you.

The Real Maroonblood
21 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

FFS. Unanimous agreement on a thread. Well done, ''Packie''. You've united us. 

:spoton:

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl: Why do I believe you.

Because YOUR my neighbour.... ?

On 22/06/2019 at 21:05, Sir Gio said:

I actually believe that. Maybe I am deluded,  but I predict a great future 

As a footballer there is every possibility, but as a personality and sellable commodity Aaron Hickey will not be allowed by the west coast media to generate the same level of transfer fee, like McKenna (rightly or wrongly) his value will always be underplayed as long as he does not play for the old firm 

Don’t know why she didn’t just stick to singing. Love is a Battlefield was alright.

On 23/06/2019 at 00:52, Shooter McGavin said:

Few guys at work genuinely think he’s better than Robertson...

:cornette:

Wonder what team they support ,actually thinking about it is there a better left back in world football than Robertson .He must be up there !!

Celtic suffer from a hilariously bad case of wee man syndrome as a result of modern football. In terms of supporter size they're probably about the same size as a club like Arsenal, but the TV Money and the better commercial opportunity that provides separates them by a million miles. 

It doesn't suit their ego that a club their size is little more than a feeder club to the financial behemoths down south. For every pound celtic can pay, Arsenal can probably pay 15/20. Its simply the result of modern football. Its a taste of what Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen fans feel on a regular basis from their clubs vulturing our players. 

Even if they did get the magic porridge pot of money that is the EPL, who the hell would want to play for them? Look at the gulf in quality between clubs like Newcastle & Sunderland, and the more southern clubs? The premium Celtic would need to pay to attract the calibre of player needed to compete at the end of the table their glorying hunting scuzzbucket fans demand is frightening. They'd be an also ran at best like Everton or West Ham. No more. (and by christ would they pay for that 'privilege'.)

On 22/06/2019 at 20:33, NB GIN said:

For years I have listened to this guy he is in the same mould as Derek Johnson just cannot see past his club

Todays quote just took my breath away 

Is Aresenal a big enough club for Tierney 

deluded clown this man is 

*Bonner

11 hours ago, OTT said:

Celtic suffer from a hilariously bad case of wee man syndrome as a result of modern football. In terms of supporter size they're probably about the same size as a club like Arsenal, but the TV Money and the better commercial opportunity that provides separates them by a million miles. 

It doesn't suit their ego that a club their size is little more than a feeder club to the financial behemoths down south. For every pound celtic can pay, Arsenal can probably pay 15/20. Its simply the result of modern football. Its a taste of what Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen fans feel on a regular basis from their clubs vulturing our players. 

Even if they did get the magic porridge pot of money that is the EPL, who the hell would want to play for them? Look at the gulf in quality between clubs like Newcastle & Sunderland, and the more southern clubs? The premium Celtic would need to pay to attract the calibre of player needed to compete at the end of the table their glorying hunting scuzzbucket fans demand is frightening. They'd be an also ran at best like Everton or West Ham. No more. (and by christ would they pay for that 'privilege'.)

Good post, and not just because it ridicules Celtic. 

kirkierobroy

Bonner was on Radio Scotland just after the Scotland Women's World Cup exit and so far he's the only keeper or ex-keeper I've heard who says he's OK with VAR penalising keepers for coming off their line a nanosecond before a penalty kick. 'You deal with that by coaching.' he said.

Presumably the coaches will be The Flash and Billy Whizz.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Bonner was on Radio Scotland just after the Scotland Women's World Cup exit and so far he's the only keeper or ex-keeper I've heard who says he's OK with VAR penalising keepers for coming off their line a nanosecond before a penalty kick. 'You deal with that by coaching.' he said.

Presumably the coaches will be The Flash and Billy Whizz.

see Celtic suffering from the same VAR issue and he would do a 180 on it faster than the speed of light.

kirkierobroy
7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

see Celtic suffering from the same VAR issue and he would do a 180 on it faster than the speed of light.

Yes indeedy.

• 1 month later...