• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Toxteth O'Grady

19 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

All this shite about him being world class :jj_facepalm:

In the last 30 years Stevie Nicol, Maurice Malpas and Davie never mind Andy Robertson were all better. He is on a par with Gary Naysmith and even I wouldn't claim he is world class.

Naysmith was a lot better than Tierney imo.

I've never got the hype about him tbh I would say he was a similar level to Patterson, If someone pays 10M+ for him they have been ripped off.

Says a man that thought away goals were crucial in a Europa league game.

Tierney would get destroyed in England. Put him in a team that has to defend now and then and he’s toiling.

i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Naysmith was a lot better than Tierney imo.

Tierney is bigger but he's a pussy in comparison to Gary

Guest ToqueJambo

Don;t like to talk down Scottish players but is the hype over Tierney because he maybe looks more like a footballer than the usual short arses we produce and already had the physique of an older player when he broke through. He has some speed and decent defending ability but he's not even close in attacking terms as Andy Robertson when it comes to crossing and bombing up and down the wing.

I get that he's held his own as a youngster in our league, but so have lots of young players at other clubs. For Scotland and in Europe he's been nothing special apart from the odd game. Could say the same when Calum Paterson played great against Liverpool at 17.

The obvious club to come in for him would be Leicester and it would probably be the best move for him. If Rodgers doesn't go for him if Ben Chilwell leaves, as the manager who knows him best, that would speak volumes. If Tierney is that good, signing him for 15m and selling Chilwell for twice that would surely be good business?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

Tierney is bigger but he's a pussy in comparison to Gary

Tierney is a total wuss, Naismith was more skilful on the ball too imo.

If he has any ambition at all he’ll push for the move. A couple more bad injuries and he’ll have no chance of moving to a club like Arsenal, needs to take his chance now

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

If he has any ambition at all he’ll push for the move. A couple more bad injuries and he’ll have no chance of moving to a club like Arsenal, needs to take his chance now

Yeah, another couple of bad seasons in Europe and playing back-up to Robertson will reduce his value as he gets older.

No-one bigger than Arsenal will come in for him if this rumour is even true. Man U will want proven quality, Man City, Spurs and Liverpool are way ahead, Chelsea can't sign anyone. If he's smart he'll do what Robertson did and just take a chance with any club in the EPL and if he is that good, he'll get a move and Celtic will get a big sell-on fee. That approach worked for Wanyama and van Djik.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Cruyff Turn
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolute moron, can remember the scumbag shoving a ball boy at Tynie in the 80s.

Was that no Gordon Marshall in 96? 

They're going to have a hell of a lot of victims to compensate in the near future so not surprising they are looking for top dollar for him. 

Good player but not Andy Robertson good. 

Perfect time for Tierney to sign a contract extension and claim he’s here for ten and Lennon convinced him to stay. The Celtic fans will love that.  

Bang average player over hyped cause he plays for one of the old firm. File under Hooper, Boruc and the rest. 

If he was worth £15m he would have been at Leicester .... he isn’t and his ex manager knows it. 

Good spl player but like broonie not an epl player. 

Central Belt 1874
2 hours ago, suds66 said:

I can't stand listening to his voice. Just another patronising ex old firm player, who give me reason to wish they fail at just about everything they do.

2 hours ago, Bighenry said:

Pat bonner is a brain dead ,Celtic mouthpiece 

The truth.

I’ve aired this view many times but Tierney is just massively overrated and if it wasn’t for who he supports and plays for, it wouldn’t even be discussed..

ive never been impressed by him, he was so poor in the 4-0 game that he was hooked at half time having been taken for a ride all game

1-0 start of season he was ripped apart constantly and uche swatted him away like a fly when he tried to get near prior to Lafferty Goal

the fact he is a chavvy wee ned, who makes a point of taking a prime seat in the Away end when he is on one of his numerous injury spells for their games, or that he goes to Celtic bars on his holiday in Celtic tops gives him a major break with their fans and increase their hysteria about him because he is “one of them” 

£10m is too much for him in my opinion 

as for the op

yep

pat Bonnar is a banker, if you replace the b with a W.

celtic this, Celtic that, doesn’t know any non Celtic players and god help you if he has to try describe a Celtic defeat, it’s never that the other team deserve it, celtic were robbed or cheated.

how and why he is an employed person on bbc sportsound really frustrates me, p**ck of a man 

Both the old firm have swarms of ex players who can’t wait to peddle and hype up literally anything about their clubs. The problem is the media lap it up and it’s pushed in our faces. 

35 minutes ago, fila said:

The man is a total tosspot , cannot see past his beloved Celtic

Which would be bad enough, but the BBC are employing him to go and watch his football team, and talk about them. 

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Which would be bad enough, but the BBC are employing him to go and watch his football team, and talk about them. 

Funded by the citizens paying their licenses 

2 minutes ago, fila said:

Funded by the citizens paying their licenses 

The good old Aunty Beeb.

jamboinglasgow

I think Tierney has the ability to be a top player, but he has a long way to go before he can reach Robertson.

The one thing these pundits, especially Bonnar, will never admit is that Tierney should have gone last season at the very latest to become the player they have hyped him to be. He stalled this season as he has got too comfortable at Celtic. Fans of clubs outwith the old firm know that there is a point when the player who comes through their youth ranks needs to move on, but for Celtic fans and pundits to admit that means they have to accept they are not the top of the ladder. Its why they got so angry at Rodgers going to Leicester, it was a dose of reality that clubs with history not as "illustrious" as theirs are a bigger option in modern football and they did not want to accept that. Tierney fits well with Celtic fans he is a Celtic fan but for the sake of his development he needs to move on otherwise he will only get near the Scotland first team if Robertson is injured or retires.

As for claiming Arsenal are not a big enough club, the club with the 3rd most league wins in England, a stadium equal in size as theirs though almost on average sells out their ground for league matches, has a massive following world wide, has a great history, may not have won the European cup like Celtic, but have won the Cup winners cup, been in more European finals than Celtic, and is regonised as in the top 6 of the Premier league (missing out of the top 4 last season by a point.) Celtic fans and pundits need to get away from their arrogance and delusion. 

3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

The financial tie between Rangers and Arsenal is in the public domain, unsurprisingly that  a Celtic mouthpiece has an agenda against Arsenal.  

Doubt it.

jamtartan74

Ach I’m not going to pretend like loads of others on this thread that he’s pish because of who he plays for, he’s a very good player in our league, but he needs to move to the premier league in England or elsewhere to become a great player. I hope he moves on but he seems the type to stay at Celtic, the money could sway him though. He must be sick of the Robertson comparison though ? 

WheatfieldWarrior
4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Opened this thread expecting that he’d expired!

Chances of him getting a minute's silence are pretty remote.

SpruceBringsteen

Not too bothered he's a Celtic mouthpiece, if it wasn't him it'd just be somebody else.

Does bother me that he gets paid by the BBC when he's a complete shit for brains whom I doubt has the mental capacity to tie his own velcro shoes. Guy's favourite tv show is the washing machine. A ****ing imbecile.

Toxteth O'Grady

Is there any footage of the goal that Colquhoun scored against him?  It was a great shot that moved in the air and totally baffled him.

Celtic called it a freak goal.

The Apprentice

Getting to the stage that even the mention of Bonner’s name makes my blood boil. Complete disrespect for every other club bar Celtic that’s encouraged by the BBC.

Toxteth O'Grady

It might be this goal I was thinking about at 9 minutes. 29000 inside Tynie and a great atmosphere

He’s an absolute weapon and has a face I would never tire of slapping. Slavouring dick who probably pishes himself.

Tierney is nowhere near Arsenal class. Nowhere near. He’d be decent for a Villa or Norwich

Edited by 1971fozzy

Tierney won't move. He'll do a Broony and stay in Scotland his entire career, full in the knowledge that if he does move south he'll be found out in no time.

Oh, and Bonner is a knobend.

Edited by iantjambo

1 minute ago, Boris said:

If he's worth £15m, I assume Sellick are paying him £80k a week then?

No? Thought not...

If he's worth £15, so is Souttar.

I think Tierney a very good player. So is Soapy.

You have Bonner moaning that Scottish teams can't get what English teams can. Guess what, Packy, the rest of Scotland can't get what Celtic can.

Its like their "team x in Europe has 10 times our budget" argument after a defeat. In a press conference of a game against Ross County.

13 hours ago, NB GIN said:

For years I have listened to this guy he is in the same mould as Derek Johnson just cannot see past his club

Todays quote just took my breath away 

Is Aresenal a big enough club for Tierney 

deluded clown this man is 

The guy is actually paid to be a deluded clown.

47 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

It might be this goal I was thinking about at 9 minutes. 29000 inside Tynie and a great atmosphere

Wait, Celtic had a player sent off AND were denied a penalty.

Refs had it all wrong back then!

How Pat Bonnar continues to get work in the MSM is beyond me.

He's not a pundit, he's simply someone who used to play for Celtic so knows how to talk about Celtic.

57 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

If he's worth £15, so is Souttar.

Much cheapness. 

But aye, Packy can go and **** right off.