Pat Bonnar

NB GIN

For years I have listened to this guy he is in the same mould as Derek Johnson just cannot see past his club

Todays quote just took my breath away 

Is Aresenal a big enough club for Tierney 

deluded clown this man is 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Toxteth O'Grady

jamtartan74
1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

For years I have listened to this guy he is in the same mould as Derek Johnson just cannot see past his club

He didn’t, did he? :facepalm:

must be holding out for Barcelona or Madrid then ?

A_A wehatethehibs

Celtic fans still deludedly believe Tierney is better than Robertson ?

and believe themselves to be on a par with a club like Arsenal ?

Guest ToqueJambo

Thats deluded. McFadden saying he’s as good as Robertson as well.

Robertson was proven in England and still only cost Liverpool 8m.

Until Tierney is proven at a better level he can’t be compared to Robertson. 

Van Djik went south from Celtic for 12m was it and he was a more proven player. 8-10m plus whopping sellon fee seems about right for a player who can’t even be bothered turning up for Scotland.

Robertson got where he is partly through attitude and being quite humble. Tierney hasn’t displayed that for me - certainly not when presented with the chance to play for Scotland.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Talk Sport were questioning wether he was worth £15m.

Good player but has stood still imo.

Talk Sport are correct, as are you :thumbsup:

Posted on the other transfer thread.

Anytime Tierney has came up against anyone decent, he has been roasted.

As someone else pointed out, playing the EPL is different than facing Morrison, GMS or some other bang average player every week.

I can't stand listening to his voice. Just another patronising ex old firm player, who give me reason to wish they fail at just about everything they do.

Mr Elwood P
21 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Opened this thread expecting that he’d expired!

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Posted on the other transfer thread.

Anytime Tierney has came up against anyone decent, he has been roasted.

As someone else pointed out, playing the EPL is different than facing Morrison, GMS or some other bang average player every week.

Agreed. Except your even being too kind. Almost every wide man that Tierney will come up against won’t even be as good as bang average!

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yeah thought that too.  Minutes applause into October if the case. 

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hickey will be better than Tierney.

Has the potential to be. Will never be admitted to up here by the Glasgow media.

TommiGronlund
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Thats deluded. McFadden saying he’s as good as Robertson as well.

Robertson was proven in England and still only cost Liverpool 8m.

Until Tierney is proven at a better level he can’t be compared to Robertson. 

Van Djik went south from Celtic for 12m was it and he was a more proven player. 8-10m plus whopping sellon fee seems about right for a player who can’t even be bothered turning up for Scotland.

Robertson got where he is partly through attitude and being quite humble. Tierney hasn’t displayed that for me - certainly not when presented with the chance to play for Scotland.

Prob regretting not researching if he has an Irish gran as that's the celtic way... 

Only man who never pandered to either of the old firm from that way was Gerry McNee.

Called them “small clubs with big supports.”    

The self appreciation that shower through there afford themselves is boaking. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I actually believe that. Maybe I am deluded,  but I predict a great future 

He is a total moron god I had the displeasure of listening to a Celtic game with him in the commentary 

thick as a plank he is 

Mr Elwood P
17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Wonder who Celtic will be after as a replacement...

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

His brain has for sure 

Cruyff Turn

Tierney has the potential to be a top top player but he needs to move away from Celtic. 

Fanbase wise, history wise, yes Celtic are a big club, but the fact is, a move to a mid any side in the EPL would be playing at a higher level. Unfortunately Celtic fans can’t seem to accept they are nothing but the best team in Scotland these days, they are not some European powerhouse and any player moving from Celtic to a top 4-5 league in Europe is a step up. 

The old in-firm at it again... 

He was owned by ‘Mulraney’ in the first game of the season ... £15m wow... 

And as for comparisons to Robertson - he couldn’t lace the guys shoes.

He as close to Robertson as Brown is to being a real hard man... 

I wonder how much the BBC pays this shambling, incoherent Celtic mouthpiece. If it’s more than his bus fare, it’s too much.

tokyowalnut

I heard the start of Sportsound and had to turn it off. As well as Bonner saying this, Jim Duffy was saying the starting bud should be £25 million because Tierney is one of the top left backs in Europe.

Idiots.

I actually hope he does move and turns into a great player like Roberson.

3 minutes ago, leginten said:

I wonder how much the BBC pays this shambling, incoherent Celtic mouthpiece. If it’s more than his bus fare, it’s too much.

That's what annoys me. He's being paid public cash but talks like he's doing Celtic TV. 

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A thread that promised so much. ☹️

I, too, was mislead. 

NB GIN straight on ignore. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Tierney has the potential to be a top top player but he needs to move away from Celtic. 

Fanbase wise, history wise, yes Celtic are a big club, but the fact is, a move to a mid any side in the EPL would be playing at a higher level. Unfortunately Celtic fans can’t seem to accept they are nothing but the best team in Scotland these days, they are not some European powerhouse and any player moving from Celtic to a top 4-5 league in Europe is a step up. 

The sort of analysis you would hope to hear on the radio. 

The financial tie between Rangers and Arsenal is in the public domain, unsurprisingly that  a Celtic mouthpiece has an agenda against Arsenal.  

Gets on my nerves. A lot. But he's a treat for the ears when alongside Liam McLeod enduring Celtic's Euro thrashings.

Just a pity that vile club is raking it in whilst being horsed. £1m forfeit for every goal conceded, plus their numerous annual fines, and they would owe UEFA a fortune. 

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Gets on my nerves. A lot. But he's a treat for the ears when alongside Liam McLeod enduring Celtic's Euro thrashings.

Just a pity that vile club is raking it in whilst being horsed. £1m forfeit for every goal conceded, plus their numerous annual fines, and they would owe UEFA a fortune. 

Yeah.

People here say he never criticises Celtic.

But when it goes wrong typically Europe or a manager like Deila he can be pretty brutal. Typical ignorant fan. 

Inch Hearts
30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Has the potential to be. Will never be admitted to up here by the Glasgow media.

Based on what exactly? His release from Celtic? Give the laddie a chance ffs.

A_A wehatethehibs

He's pretty sluggish at realising where he is positioned on the pitch at times. Suppose you can’t blame him for every goal but he just looks mentally sluggish. I’ve even seen it in Hearts games, like when Uche put him on his backside to cross for Lafferty volley. Just not alert 

Any excuse to watch these highlights tbh 

i wish jj was my dad

All this shite about him being world class :jj_facepalm:

In the last 30 years Stevie Nicol, Maurice Malpas and Davie never mind Andy Robertson were all better. He is on a par with Gary Naysmith and even I wouldn't claim he is world class.

Guest ToqueJambo

How many Celtic or Rangers youngsters have genuinely made it to the top (a good club in a top league) after leaving?

We can name Gordon and Naysmith in recent years, maybe Paterson. Hibs have Fletcher, Kenny Miller, Aberdeen Ryan Fraser, Killie Steven Naismith, Hamilton McCarthy, St Mirren Lambert...

Only one I can think of is Aiden McGeady and he didn't really make it in a top league after leaving. And maybe Alan Hutton at Rangers. It's a very poor return.

I think part of the problem is the big fish mentality at Celtic and Rangers. Their young players are brought up to think they've made it when really they've just made it in a very small pond. Whereas someone like Robertson keeps working.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Stopped listening to this show some time ago precisely because of the abject shite like this that they allowed to be broadcast. It’s pathetic. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

I’ve never listened to him for years so thanks for the heads up that he is still an arse.

Holyrood_Hearts

Bonnar’s a prick of the highest order.

Tierney’s a good player but he’s hardly stood out for Celtic in Europe or for Scotland. £15m for someone unproven outside Scotland is great business.

Guest ToqueJambo

Remember Brad Mackay (worth 12m apparently).

And what happened to Lewis McLeod?

The media's valuations of OF players is so over the top, especially compared to when they discuss players at other Scottish clubs. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

All this shite about him being world class :jj_facepalm:

In the last 30 years Stevie Nicol, Maurice Malpas and Davie never mind Andy Robertson were all better. He is on a par with Gary Naysmith and even I wouldn't claim he is world class.

Tosh McKinlay too.

41 minutes ago, martoon said:

I, too, was mislead. 

NB GIN straight on ignore. :lol:

☹️

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How many Celtic or Rangers youngsters have genuinely made it to the top (a good club in a top league) after leaving?

We can name Gordon and Naysmith in recent years, maybe Paterson. Hibs have Fletcher, Kenny Miller, Aberdeen Ryan Fraser, Killie Steven Naismith, Hamilton McCarthy, St Mirren Lambert...

Only one I can think of is Aiden McGeady and he didn't really make it in a top league after leaving. And maybe Alan Hutton at Rangers. It's a very poor return.

I think part of the problem is the big fish mentality at Celtic and Rangers. Their young players are brought up to think they've made it when really they've just made it in a very small pond. Whereas someone like Robertson keeps working.

Yeah

Why Tierney needs to go now as John McGinn did