Whitehill Welfare v Hearts , Sat.July 6

BEDNAR BOY

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, jimmyjambo said:

cheers, might pop along

Better be quick. It starts in 60 seconds

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Weird seeing Dino Leddie on there considering the club announced in April he had left the club. 

I suppose he could play as a trialist. Hearts did the same with Leon Jones before he went off to University in the USA. 

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
It's a very young side, with Danny Baur the auld yin. 

I thought Chris Hamilton travelled to Ireland.

Obviously not.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Footballfirst said:

I suppose he could play as a trialist. Hearts did the same with Leon Jones before he went off to University in the USA. 

could be that, but dont they normally say trialist on the team sheet. Also I know MacKeznie Ramos did not get a pro contract, but wonder if he will be kept at the club for another year while being at school to prove himself as he is on the sheet (or he could be another trialist.)

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Something curious I have found, going onto the U18 squad on the official site, he is listed on that. All the others who left have been taken off it, wonder if his time in Sweden was a short loan move which the official site got mixed up about.

Hearts snatch an equaliser just before half time from Denhom's close range strike after the keeper made a couple of blocks in the buildup.

HT 1-1.

mcGaheyboy

Nice summer atmosphere here today, nice to enjoy a pint or two in the ground too. 

1 minute ago, mrcrisps said:

2-1 Whitehill courtesy of a 20 yard free kick, which grazed the underside of the bar on the way in.

Good at free kicks 

Almost 2 2 as a smart ball in from Makovora find 2nd half sub Charleston. Time for a touch but then hit the keeper instead of scoring.

Edited by mrcrisps
Can't spell

peebles jambo

Well if that's our future, i'm afraid it going to be very bleak, Henderson and Bauer just got pass marks the rest were crap.just like the big team, no mid-field, very very poor performance

Graham Thomson

I thought the young lads dominated possession in the second half, without creating to many clear chances, 

Thought Henderson was ok, also don't know who 14 was but he was ok, we passed the ball nicely with no real end product. 

Welfare had a fair bit of experience though. 

37 minutes ago, peebles jambo said:

Well if that's our future, i'm afraid it going to be very bleak, Henderson and Bauer just got pass marks the rest were crap.just like the big team, no mid-field, very very poor performance

Got to agree sadly. The No 14 looked lively in bits but other than that........................

MaskedMarauder

Some ratings for the young squad today. 

Stone, 5. First game after his new contract but didn’t look that impressive today as he has in the past. Fumbled a few crosses and was lucky the ref gave a soft foul against him in the first half when Whitehall had scored.

Darge, 5. Decent enough showing in the second half after a pretty poor first half. Constantly lost his man in the first half which led to Cammy Logan having to track back all the time giving us no out ball on the counter when we regained possession. 

Leddie, 4. Misplaced pass after pass in his 45 minute showing but was ok in the air and in the tackle. Coped with their #9 well. 

Baur, 6. Seems to get taller every time you see him but his composure on the ball never seems to improve. Gifted possession too easily today. 

Watson, 6. Following on from a good 2nd half outing against Arbroath last week he was always looking to get forward. Feel he could’ve had more possession out wide as he was always wanting to take players on but a great out ball when he did get it. 

Hamilton, 7. Moved further forward today into a DM position instead of CB. Height is always going to be an issue with him but he was great in midfield. Always took the ball down, looked to find a pass and his composure was head and shoulders above the rest of the park. 

Ritchie, 6. Shows some great vision with the plays he attempts but needs to work on the final ball. Some great balls through for the strikers to chase onto. Never shirks a challenge either. Much the same mould as Andy Irving. 

Denholm, 6. Quiet game for the young winger despite his goal. Good persistence following a shot in to get a tap in for his goal. Another one that was always in space out wide ahead of Watson but wasn’t found all the time. 

Logan, 7. Good game again for young Cammy. Normally a standard RB when I’ve seen him but he is better as a wing back IMO. Great engine to get up and down the park al day long. 

Henderson, 7. Some good touches and always wanted the ball which is something I don’t always see with Euan. Sometimes is guilty of hiding away like he did last week at Arbroath but looked hungry and up for it today. Unlucky to hit the bar in the first half after great play. 

Makavora, 6. Not much came off him today and he was left visibly frustrated. Ball after ball was lumped forward for him to chase onto which isn’t his game. He likes the ball into feet to run at players. 

Charleston-King, 8. Only played the second half but was our MOTM by far for me. Played just behind the strikers and linked the midfield very, very well. Technically seems to be ahead of the rest of the team, despite his younger age. I’ll admit I’ve only seen this kid a handful of times live but he has always impressed me every time. Looks to be the same type of player as Connor Smith. Impressive! 

Special mention to Andy Kirk who ended up getting a row from the referee for his conduct...in a friendly. Craig would be proud ?

mountcastle1

Was at the game ,hearts to put it bluntly were horrendous , good crowd of around 400 there as well ,if that's the future it looks bleak , I know it's a pre season but I personally thought it was awful,no one stuck out at al, 

Colonel Kurtz
13 hours ago, mountcastle1 said:

Was at the game ,hearts to put it bluntly were horrendous , good crowd of around 400 there as well ,if that's the future it looks bleak , I know it's a pre season but I personally thought it was awful,no one stuck out at al, 

Bit harsh

Thought Hamilton and Henderson played well 

King who came on also looked good

The boy leroy up front will be toughened up afterhaving 2 fat bas..... kicking lumps out of him