First contracts for 5 youngsters

Footballfirst

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

I assume he didn't sign it.

The post I quoted mentioned that he was 'devastated', find it difficult to understand why he would feel that way if he didn't sign it?

Not in the loop, just think on face value its pretty harsh. 

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

The post I quoted mentioned that he was 'devastated', find it difficult to understand why he would feel that way if he didn't sign it?

Not ITK either but I'm pretty sure we couldn't back out if he'd signed a deal.

jamboinglasgow

Congratulations to all of them for getting professional contracts. They just need to look to Cochrane, McDonald, Smith and Hickey as examples that if they work hard they will get the chance in the first team regardless of their age.

Disappointed to hear that Mackenzie Ramos was offered a contract then had it withdrawn, feels cruel to do that to a young player.

Bunny Munro
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Not ITK either but I'm pretty sure we couldn't back out if he'd signed a deal.

Try telling Nade.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

How long does he have left? Assume he will be getting a new deal to tie him down long term. 

Also, looks like Stone is away after not being announced tonight?

I don't know how long Aaron was given for his contract (nor does the Transfermarkt website).

In recent years, there has been an automatic review of youngsters contracts once the have played a set amount of games. I'd expect that Aaron will avail himself of that review when it comes, if it hasn't already happened.

7 hours ago, OTT said:

He was brought in sat down told he was being offered a pro contract told terms but six weeks later told contract was no longer being offered. He didn't sign anything, nothing to say he won't be offered something again but the lad was obviously pretty fed up and wanted to bin everything. 

Phil D. Corners
2 hours ago, sam? said:

He was brought in sat down told he was being offered a pro contract told terms but six weeks later told contract was no longer being offered. He didn't sign anything, nothing to say he won't be offered something again but the lad was obviously pretty fed up and wanted to bin everything. 

Sounds harsh, but who knows what went on behind closed doors. I hope he bounces back, life is full of set backs. 

I think on average just 1 academy player a year makes it in the first team. I was trying to think back and see if I could name one player for each year that came through the youth system. The Vlad years might be tricky. 

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

i thought  he might have been too young last year 

They can sign professional terms when they turn 16. That’s why one of the 5 lads can’t sign until September.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, sam? said:

Seems odd. 

39 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Sounds harsh, but who knows what went on behind closed doors. I hope he bounces back, life is full of set backs. 

I think on average just 1 academy player a year makes it in the first team. I was trying to think back and see if I could name one player for each year that came through the youth system. The Vlad years might be tricky. 

I'll have a shot:

2004 - Wallace and Berra

2005 - Elliot

2006 - Driver and Mole

2007 - Robinson and Glen

2008 - Jonsson

2009 - Novikovas

2010 - J Thomson

2011 - McGowan, Templeton and C Thomson

2012 - J MacDonald

2013 - McHattie and Patterson

I may be wildly out. All just from estimates and a deteriorating once good memory.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

13 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Weans???

13 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Aye exactly, West of Scotland pish!

Weans is a legitimate Scottish word. 

It's not clear if you're being sarcastic or not (for what gain though, if you are?), but just in case you are seriously attempting to besmirch the legitimate use of the Scottish word 'wean', I'd like to point out that doing so would be very much out of order. 

Edited by Hearts_fan

Footballfirst
45 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I'll have a shot:

2004 - Wallace and Berra

2005 - Elliot

2006 - Driver and Mole

2007 - Robinson and Glen

2008 - Jonsson

2009 - Novikovas

2010 - J Thomson

2011 - McGowan, Templeton and C Thomson

2012 - J MacDonald

2013 - McHattie and Patterson

I may be wildly out. All just from estimates and a deteriorating once good memory.

It's easier to name them in DOB order, as most will get their first contract at 16/17

The following have all been and gone, although they played for the first team at some point. (I've probably missed a few of the earlier ones)

1987 - Andy Driver, Lee Wallace, Callum Elliot, Jason Thomson

1988 - Jamie Mole, Eggert Jonsson

1989 - David Templeton, Ryan McGowan

1990 - Paul Mulrooney, Jonny Stewart, Gary Glen, Rocky Visconte, Ryan Wallace, Mark Ridgers, Arvydas Novikovas

1991 - Craig Thomson, Gordon Smith, Dylan McGowan

1992 - Denis Prychynenko, Scott Robinson, Jordan Morton

1993 - Jason Holt, David Smith, Brad Mackay, Callum Tapping, Jamie Walker, Kevin McHattie, Fraser Mullen,

1994 - Jack Hamilton, Dale Carrick, Billy King, Callum Paterson

1995 - Sam Nicholson, Gary Oliver, Adam King

1996 - Liam Gordon, Angus Beith, Robbie Buchanan, Jordan McGhee, Liam Smith, Liam Henderson

1997 - Nathan Flanagan, Ally Roy

1998 - Sean McKirdy 

Edited by Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It's easier to name them in DOB order, as most will get their first contract at 16/17

The following have all been and gone, although they played for the first team at some point. (I've probably missed a few of the earlier ones)

1987 - Andy Driver, Lee Wallace, Callum Elliot

1988 - Jamie Mole, Eggart Jonsson

1990 - Paul Mulrooney, Jonny Stewart, Gary Glen, Rocky Visconte, Ryan Wallace, Mark Ridgers, Arvydas Novikovas

1993 - Jason Holt, David Smith, Brad Mackay, Callum Tapping, Jamie Walker, Kevin McHattie, Fraser Mullen,

1996 - Liam Gordon, Angus Beith, Robbie Buchanan, Jordan McGhee, Liam Smith, Liam Henderson

1998 - Sean McKirdy 

Ah, good shout. I was more trying to remember when they made their competitive first team debuts though. Something which obviously doesn’t always happen at the same age.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Just now, Hearts_fan said:

Weans is a legitimate Scottish word. 

It's not clear if you're being sarcastic or not (for what gain though, if you are?), but just in case you are seriously attempting to besmirch the legitimate use of the Scottish word 'wean', I'd like to point out that doing so is rank out of order. 

It's a stupid Glesga/Weegie word imo. Just incase you hadn't noticed,  Hearts is a East of Scotland club.

Just now, innerjambo said:

It's a stupid Glesga/Weegie word imo. Just incase you hadn't noticed,  Hearts is a East of Scotland club.

Divisive, snobby attitude IMO.

Phil D. Corners
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

1998 - Sean McKirdy 

I was thinking about which players actually made a difference. I.e. generated a transfer fee or played a significant part in the team. (40 games.)

jambo-rocker
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

When you look at the track record so far

From the first intake of seven players (due Leonard going to Brighton), all but the exception of Dean Ritchie (has been on the bench) have made an appearance for the first team. Hamilton and Sandison an appearance each.

From the second batch, Logan, Makovora, and Hickey have all had at least an appearance with Ward on the bench also.

Not too bad numbers so far tbqh.

13 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Who's the cream of the crop then? 

Who's the best of the bunch here 

IMHO - Arron Darge.  Strong classy centre half.  Looks a real prospect.  Not just size like baur etc, but pace to burn and skill to boot.. 

but only 16, so who really knows when it comes to kids? 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

1998 - Sean McKirdy 

Good work and Interesting, am I missing something in Berra? 

Thought he was a yooooth? 

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He was, but turned 16 in 2001

Footballfirst
38 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I didn't include those "youths" who are still at the club, e.g. Christophe Berra, Lewis Moore, Daniel Baur, Callumn Morrison, Andy Irving, Euan Henderson and the more recent full timers.

Sometimes, it doesn't work out for some youngsters fairly quickly, as we have seen Marc Leonard and Josh Grigor leave within months of getting a full time contract in the last year or two.  

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Footballfirst said:

I didn't include those "youths" who are still at the club, e.g. Christophe Berra, Lewis Moore, Daniel Baur, Callumn Morrison, Andy Irving, Euan Henderson and the more recent full timers.

Sometimes, it doesn't work out for some youngsters fairly quickly, as we have seen Marc Leonard and Josh Grigor leave within months of getting a full time contract in the last year or two.  

Thanks, thought I had completely missed something. 

Marc Leonard was highly thought of as well, iirc. 

Not many make it. 

itsnomarooned
3 hours ago, innerjambo said:

What a crappy argumment. It might predominatly be West Coast but whoever said it on here might be from the West and it might form part of their normal language.

Anyway, I think Mackenzie Ramos is about the best name I've heard in ages and he should have been given a contract on that alone.

1 hour ago, itsnomarooned said:

What a crappy argumment. It might predominatly be West Coast but whoever said it on here might be from the West and it might form part of their normal language.

Anyway, I think Mackenzie Ramos is about the best name I've heard in ages and he should have been given a contract on that alone.

I agree, but is he really a Wean?

:tlj:

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

I agree, but is he really a Wean?

:tlj:

Limmy reference surely?

On 20/06/2019 at 06:28, sam? said:

Thats really not great and looks very amateurish on our part.. I hope after he's had time to dust himself down he can go into next season with the sort of grit and determination that will make sure he gets his contract. Hope he can try and keep in mind that at this age it means nothing. Plenty lads develop later on (look at Andy Robertson!), so not to get too disheartened.

If a 15 year old boy has made any kind of mistake, I think he deserves a second chance. Hopefully Mac will be offered the same contract that was taken away from him in the not too distant future. He’s a great kid.