Craig Bryson signs for Aberdeen

Shaggy2

Inch Hearts
41 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Oh I don't know, Steven Naismith spending his entire career at the very top after leaving Killie with Everton, Rangers, Scotland and the highest of all, us, and Bryson not doing that (albeit I rated him in Scotland and would have been happy for him to sign).

Both have had very good careers down South, one was playing at a higher level than the other the past three seasons.  Both are very very good players. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• soonbe110

• SpruceBringsteen

• Bazzas right boot

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

We also smash them at entitled whining.   :pleasingao:

Lucky to have a club imo, 6th is fine ?

Guest ToqueJambo
26 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Both have had very good careers down South, one was playing at a higher level than the other the past three seasons.  Both are very very good players. 

I have no idea if Bryson is still a good player. Haven't seen him recently and he still has only 3 caps to Naisy's 50 or so. He doesn't seem to have impressed any Scotland manager during a time when we've been crying out for mare attacking players, while Naisy was brought back for Scotland and made an instant impact. Obviously I hope Bryson is absolutely shite now!

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

2011/2012 was the last time we have finished above Aberdeen. Very poor.

It's almost like something happened to us just after that season? 

SpruceBringsteen
14 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Lucky to have a club imo, 6th is fine ?

6th is an absolute disgrace. Our style of play makes me want to top myself and I'd be delighted if Levein was punted to look after the academy and hee haw else. I've very been clear and consistent on that. :cool:

However, the incessant, never ending, infinite tears, snotters and sodden briefs ON EVERY SINGLE ****ING THREAD from those that agree with me have, incredibly, started to wear my patience a touch bloody thin tbh.

I'm not sure who coined the phrase "some things bear repeating", but he was an absolute weapon.

colinmaroon
On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 17:10, kingantti1874 said:

Shame we have let the Djoum situation affect what we are doing. More transfer mismanagement.

but Craig Bryson is nothing like GMS

And Lukaku is off to Italy!

Levein oot!!!

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

And Lukaku is off to Italy!

Levein oot!!!

The club themselves have said we’d wait for Djoum before making any moves in midfield. We’ve missed out on a a good player because we are letting one (who clearly wants to leave if he gets a half decent offer) hold the cards. And Bryson is better than Djoum anyway. Poor. 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The club themselves have said we’d wait for Djoum before making any moves in midfield. We’ve missed out on a a good player because we are letting one (who clearly wants to leave if he gets a half decent offer) hold the cards. And Bryson is better than Djoum anyway. Poor. 

It’s more bemusing given Djoum is clearly not the player he was a couple of years ago. Maybe we still have plans for another midfield acquisition anyway but if we didn’t it worries me that Hearts don’t think they need improvement on what we have just now.

We need variety. Djoum can play Haring’s role and vice versa.  Both playing doesn’t really give us different abilities to utilise.  When Djoum is asked to tweak his position in midfield, he’s not got the punch he used to have. It’s safe and tidy anywhere he plays in there.  

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I think we've been more than fair with Djoum, given his injuries. 

Would rather he said "**** off Hearts" and be on his way in all honesty. Rather than holding out for an AFCON move to a team that'll treble his wages. 

If he re-signed, it'll hardly be because we were always first choice. I doubt we are only solely waiting on him to make a choice. I'd hope respect is a two-way street and he recognises we've got other people to look at and plan for as a club, rather than worry if he's not got enough money to retire on.

He's not even our player anymore so there's no way we're waiting. We'll be looking at targets. If one signs and he changes his mind, that's the way it goes. If we haven't got someone when he's changed his mind, great if we still want him. It's now no different to Celtic trying to sign Turnbull or any other club trying to sign various players.

Edited by ToqueJambo

kingantti1874
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

He's not even our player anymore so there's no way we're waiting. We'll be looking at targets. If one signs and he changes his mind, that's the way it goes. If we haven't got someone when he's changed his mind, great if we still want him.

The club have said we are waiting for him to make his mind up so ...

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

The club have said we are waiting for him to make his mind up so ...

That doesn't mean we've stopped looking for players though. I'm sure we have multiple contract offers out lots of times. The contract offer means nothing until both parties finally sign it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

tokyowalnut
20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Can you quote the article where that was said? Do you seriously think we are hanging about in our transfer dealings while an out of contract goes away for the summer???!

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Can you quote the article where that was said? Do you seriously think we are hanging about in our transfer dealings while an out of contract goes away for the summer???!

He was offered the contract way back in Feb. Pretty sure then Levein said then we'd wait and see, but this idea of putting all searches for other midfielders on hold until then is crazy. What's more likely - he's actively looking for midfield additions no matter what Djoum decides or he's just sitting by the phone twiddling his thumbs waiting for Djoum to make a decision?

Inch Hearts
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's not even our player anymore so there's no way we're waiting. We'll be looking at targets. If one signs and he changes his mind, that's the way it goes. If we haven't got someone when he's changed his mind, great if we still want him. It's now no different to Celtic trying to sign Turnbull or any other club trying to sign various players.

Im pretty sure if he had gone and never to return the usual spiel would be plastered on our website. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Im pretty sure if he had gone and never to return the usual spiel would be plastered on our website. 

I think he might still have a week or two under contract.

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He was offered the contract way back in Feb. Pretty sure then Levein said then we'd wait and see, but this idea of putting all searches for other midfielders on hold until then is crazy. What's more likely - he's actively looking for midfield additions no matter what Djoum decides or he's just sitting by the phone twiddling his thumbs waiting for Djoum to make a decision?

Why wouldn’t he give the guy a deadline like the majority of players get told?  All this pussyfooting around Djoum is crazy.  The guy won’t sign again.  No chance. 

Inch Hearts
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I think he might still have a week or two under contract.

You’re just after saying he’s not our player anymore mate. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

You’re just after saying he’s not our player anymore mate. 

I know I just corrected myself.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'll hold my hands up. I thought he was out of contract at the end of June. 31st of May it seems it is.

Went against my better judgement of checking my facts, sorry.

I think you're right. I thought I'd read he was off shop windowing himself as not our player.

37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So, when is the deadline? They said they were waiting on Djoum two months ago. Are they still waiting? None of us know. 

I think it’s stretching it to think that Levein is waiting way on Djoum. Patience has always been in short supply where Craig is concerned. Ask Graeme Hogg or David Vanacek if you doubt me. 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Djoum now is officially out of contract, as of the 31st of May.

Think we can clear that up now at least. Hopefully...

A message on the website would have been nice to say cheerio and thanks to the Lad before he ends up in Greece next year. 

Unknown user
47 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wait, what?

When did the club say that? Link please

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I’m still trying with Arnaud so we need to find out what is going on there one way or the other. That will obviously have implications on whether we need another midfield player or not.

I can see how that could be read as not making any moves until Djoum decides, but that's not how I'm reading it - it could be that we're planning to sign 2 midfielders but if Djoum leaves we'd need 3.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Conjecture ...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

We also smash them at entitled whining.   :pleasingao:

Can categorically tell you we don't. 

Edited by Sir Gio

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

I do yes.