Craig Bryson signs for Aberdeen

Shaggy2

I know there’s another thread somewhere but just read on Twitter he’s signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen. Missed a trick there?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• soonbe110

• SpruceBringsteen

• The Old Tolbooth

He's probably seen most of his ex-Killie teammates go to Hearts and fancied something a wee bit different.

This appears like another missed opportunity although I’m sure Hearts are working aproind the clock to sign the pace, creativity, midfield and width we’ve needed since 2016. 

StevenNaismith

Shame we are trying so hard to keep Djoum as I believe Bryson would’ve come here. Can’t afford both though.

Can't say I'm overly bothered about this to be honest. He's a reasonably decent player but I would rather we signed someone younger in an area like midfield, it's pace that we really need in there. What I would say is the indecision surrounding Djoum is not really helping matters at the minute, they need to make a call there so we can make plans for the new season.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Pity , was hoping we'd have got him but he's gone to Aberdeen now so he's irrelevant as far as I'm concerned 

Hoped he was Hearts bound. Might have been if we weren't waiting with bated breath for Djoum to make a decision. 

As someone posted on another thread Djoum will be offski at the first decent offer and we'll end up with a replacement inferior to both. 

Phil Dunphy

I’d have had him in my midfield over Djoum. 

Hopefully our decision to let him mull over his options while others are doing their business doesn’t come back and bite us in the arse. 

We need to be making the decision on Djoum, not him making a decision on us. The clock is ticking, and pre-season training is on the horizon. 

19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He's 32 and not what we need.

You don’t think we need a decent midfielder?

SpruceBringsteen

Seeing a few people drool over the guy. Anyone able to offer a quick summary on what he'd have given us based on 2019 and not 2009?

CloustonHMFC

Aberdeen will probably have offered more money plus the attraction of European football. Would have been a good addition however we move on. 

Bit gutted at this. Will be interesting to see how he performs next season. I'm guessing a missed opportunity for us.

Acted quickly to replace GMS yet we have needed a player like him for a few years now!

heartmussel
2 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Aberdeen will probably have offered more money plus the attraction of European football. Would have been a good addition however we move on. 

Most likely yes,also desperately needed to replace Shinnie great signing if stays fit

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Gorgieshed said:

Bit gutted at this. Will be interesting to see how he performs next season. I'm guessing a missed opportunity for us.

Acted quickly to replace GMS yet we have needed a player like him for a few years now!

Shame we have let the Djoum situation affect what we are doing. More transfer mismanagement.

but Craig Bryson is nothing like GMS

6 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Seeing a few people drool over the guy. Anyone able to offer a quick summary on what he'd have given us based on 2019 and not 2009?

Nostalgia... and closure actually, a decade is a long time to be linked with a player.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hopefully we will reveal a better player soon. I say hopefully!

Great signing for them. I had hoped it would've been us.

Hopefully CL has something as good or better lined up for us.

SpruceBringsteen
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nostalgia... and closure actually, a decade is a long time to be linked with a player.

Well it certainly seems to be a huge second blow to the club after losing out on Mallan last year, who based on scoring quite a good goal when he was 18 was going to tear up the league for Hibs, and definitely not be a field goal kicker who disappeared after October.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Were we in for him? 

I believe we showed interest but never followed up with an offer.. 

standing around with our thumb up our ass waiting to see if Djoum exhausts better options and decides to stay.  We should have punted him and gone for Bryson.. he’s a better player than Djoum by a long distance imo

4 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Well it certainly seems to be a huge second blow to the club after losing out on Mallan last year, who based on scoring quite a good goal when he was 18 was going to tear up the league for Hibs, and definitely not be a field goal kicker who disappeared after October.

Yes, what a disaster that was. ?

Seen him or didn’t see him playing earlier in the season for Derby

Not the box to box player some may think

we can do better

Honestly don’t think we’ll see much change to the midfield. Only a replacement for Djoum if he goes. 

We’ll be sticking by who we signed last year to see if they improve.  

Leveins Battalion
28 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

You don’t think we need a decent midfielder?

We have Berra and Naismith in the bracket that Bryson comes under age wise,we need energy and drive in the middle,with Haring sitting we need creativity,dont think Bryson is that player.

Inch Hearts
16 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Nevermind.  Time to Wyscout someone from Australia or the English lowers. 

i wish jj was my dad

Decent player so it will be difficult to identify better on our budget

He's 32. Has anyone seen him play lately? The legs start to go the wrong side of 30. Can't do what  one used too, there are alternatives out there, cheaper and younger. He's 32 and not a long term solution. For me he is definitely not the missing link to this team. Not to bothered about him going elsewhere

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Honestly don’t think we’ll see much change to the midfield. Only a replacement for Djoum if he goes. 

We’ll be sticking by who we signed last year to see if they improve.  

Ace 

alwaysthereinspirit

I absolutely hate the signing period between seasons. Are we to have a thread about every player who doesnt sign for Hearts. Even if there's no mention of us ever being interested.

I also hate "could do a job"

Rant over.

Pants Shaton
38 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

European football likely the difference? 

Getting papped out of a qualifying round by the 4th best team in Uzbekistan or similar.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

He's 32. Has anyone seen him play lately? The legs start to go the wrong side of 30. Can't do what  one used too, there are alternatives out there, cheaper and younger. He's 32 and not a long term solution. For me he is definitely not the missing link to this team. Not to bothered about him going elsewhere

‘How old is Naismith.

Bryson will be a good addition of experience in midfield to sit and help the likes of Ferguson grow.

He won’t necessarily need to be fast if he reads the game well.

Decent cover for replacing Shinnie and gives us a year or two to find the next replacement.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

‘How old is Naismith.

Bryson will be a good addition of experience in midfield to sit and help the likes of Ferguson grow.

Decent cover for replacing Shinnie and gives us a year or two to find the next replacement.

Naismith is a different level of player from Bryson.

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

‘How old is Naismith.

Not really interested in an Aberdeen fan and any insight into Aberdeen on a hearts forum to be honest. 

Couldn't care about replacements for shinnie etc....if you want to talk Aberdeen go elsewhere to be fair

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Getting papped out of a qualifying round by the 4th best team in Uzbekistan or similar.

QR1 against Finish side RoPS Ravieniemi.

QR2 against Fola Esch (Luxembourg) or FC Chikhura Sachkhere (Georgia)

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Naismith is a different level of player from Bryson.

I agree. Naismith will need to do a lot more running in my opinion.

That was my point.

OmiyaHearts

32 isn't too old for a midfielder. Maybe ten years ago but players are much fitter nowadays.

I think we've missed out with this one.

Bridge of Djoum
14 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We have Berra and Naismith in the bracket that Bryson comes under age wise,we need energy and drive in the middle,with Haring sitting we need creativity,dont think Bryson is that player.

Don’t agree with a lot of what you say, mate but you’re bang on the cash here. Energy and drive is required. 

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

32 isn't too old for a midfielder. Maybe ten years ago but players are much fitter nowadays.

I think we've missed out with this one.

Talking about a Scottish player here, mate. :rofl:they don’t get fitter as the years go by.