Halkett scarf above the head

cb1874

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Halkett and Naismith represents a terrific start.  Another 3 of that calibre would really set us up.

Been in Benidorm the last few days i take i missed Naismith signing? 

Really interested to see what happens hear. No way in my opinion he has been signed to warm the bench.

Cant see Berra being put out to pasture yet so we’re either playing 3 at the back or Soutter will be sold I think 

A good signing. My only worry is he's a replacement for souttar. Hope I'm wrong and they're playing in a back 3 with Berra 

Anyone watch his quick fire questions from this afternoon? 

Best player he's played with: Kenny Miller

Best Stadium he's played in: Ibrox (interviewer said "easy answer would've been Tynecastle" ?

Hero growing up: Barry Ferguson 

??

Made up for it a bit when he said hardest opponent was Uche! ?

grumpyespana
1 hour ago, jambog said:

Really interested to see what happens hear. No way in my opinion he has been signed to warm the bench.

Cant see Berra being put out to pasture yet so we’re either playing 3 at the back or Soutter will be sold I think 

Maybe Craig is thinking about playing him in midfield due to the amount of goals he gets.

2 hours ago, superjack said:

A good signing. My only worry is he's a replacement for souttar. Hope I'm wrong and they're playing in a back 3 with Berra 

If Halkett has to play second fiddle to Soapy & Capt. Courageous then he could play full back until a centre back position becomes available. Remember Elvis &  Horse played full back when they first came to Hearts from Dundee Utd & Falkirk.

or 3 at the back with Alan McLaren, CL & Big Slim.

Anyway with a strong defence it will be up to the players to fight to stay in the team.

Attacking midfield , wingers and goal scoring strikers is what we now want more of.

Oh and competition for our Bobby in goals.

Edited by mitch41

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

If Halkett has to play second fiddle to Soapy & Capt. Courageous then he could play full back until a centre back position becomes available. Remember Elvis &  Horse played full back when they first came to Hearts from Dundee Utd & Falkirk.

or 3 at the back with Alan McLaren, CL & Big Slim.

Anyway with a strong defence it will be up to the players to fight to stay in the team.

Attacking midfield , wingers and goal scoring strikers is what we now want more of.

Oh and competition for our Bobby in goals.

Aye, lets drop Northern Ireland international Michael Smith to play Hallkett at full back!

Strong as anyone at centre back. Weak all around them. A good holding midfielder required who will connect midfield and attack, support his defenders and boss his territory. A natural finisher a must and a winger who can cross the ball.

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halckett

Hickey

Mulraney

vacancy

Clare

Haring

Naismith

Uche

As it stands for me.

siegementality
8 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't be too sure about that. :greggy:

If we end up signing the quality of player the media has us linked then they definitely will be.

Amongst all the compliments on our style of play, it almost went unnoticed that we really lost the habit of keeping clean sheets. 

Delighted to see Halkett to sign, and want to get that castle-rock-quality defence back in place.

Robbo-Jambo
10 hours ago, siegementality said:

If we end up signing the quality of player the media has us linked then they definitely will be.

tbh I don't think the media really know.

They are just filling spaces in their paper etc.

Always happens in the close season.

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Spitonastranger
14 hours ago, skeddy1604 said:

Anyone watch his quick fire questions from this afternoon? 

Best player he's played with: Kenny Miller

Best Stadium he's played in: Ibrox (interviewer said "easy answer would've been Tynecastle" ?

Hero growing up: Barry Ferguson 

??

Made up for it a bit when he said hardest opponent was Uche! ?

Him and his family were diehard old Rangers fans growing up

13 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye, lets drop Northern Ireland international Michael Smith to play Hallkett at full back!

Injuries, suspension, loss of form ect. will come into effect during the season and when a player gets a chance in the team it's up to him to keep that position. You missed my point totally and maybe you did deliberately but I can see through you with my X-Ray eyes.

Mr Elwood P
17 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Injuries, suspension, loss of form ect. will come into effect during the season and when a player gets a chance in the team it's up to him to keep that position. You missed my point totally and maybe you did deliberately but I can see through you with my X-Ray eyes.

Injuries and suspensions is when we play the academy players. We’ve got 3 or 4 right backs and 3 or 4 left backs. Halkett shouldn’t be anywhere near either full back position, doesn’t take x-ray vision to see that. 

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Will sign for Rangers within 2 years.

That would mean he was doing well here.

See that he’s shown ambitions for Europe a cup and Scotland.  Otherwise known as a Vanacek.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Injuries and suspensions is when we play the academy players. We’ve got 3 or 4 right backs and 3 or 4 left backs. Halkett shouldn’t be anywhere near either full back position, doesn’t take x-ray vision to see that. 

We have had right backs having to play left back too many times because of various reasons. Now Academy lads a a great plus who I'm sure will get into the squad when they are ready the main point being WHEN THEY ARE READY.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We have had right backs having to play left back too many times because of various reasons. Now Academy lads a a great plus who I'm sure will get into the squad when they are ready the main point being WHEN THEY ARE READY.

Less capital letters, more punctuation. 

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

No one really stamped their authority in the full back areas last season, imo. 

Smith is mr reliable, nothing more for me. Been a while since we had a forceful full back good at going forward as much as being tight enough defending. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Less capital letters, more punctuation. 

I win again if that's all you've got lol.

:munny:

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I win again if that's all you've got lol.

:munny:

Have you? Maybe turn those X-Ray eyes down a bit, must have them

turned up to 11!

I hope we give this lad a chance.

Berra was murder last season so I'd like to see Halkett get game time alongside Souttar.

35 minutes ago, Barack said:

If Djoum goes, & we'll assume Souttar will...could he not be a good fit into the role alongside Haring for now?

He's played there before. If & when Souttar goes, he slots back in. Unless we're going gung-ho 3-4-3 at home...

:scenes:

I've suggested this earlier.  I read somewhere that he was a decent centre forward and as we know is a competent CB.  That would suggest that MF would not be much of a problem for him and if we have Souttar, Berra and Dikamona all fit for CD, then who knows.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

I hope we give this lad a chance.

Berra was murder last season so I'd like to see Halkett get game time alongside Souttar.

Berra was absolutely outstanding in a lot of games. He did have a few poor games, almost as if he’s had the first major injury of his career.

People talking bout playing Halkiet in Midfiled forgetting we already have a converted CB/DMF in harring playing there and cover in Boz. He either fights for his position or we play three at the back with Smith and Hickey on the wings. Solid as ****. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thursday 330 and the surprise Halkett turned up for work 2 days early.

Which is good. Showing willingness etc

17 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He should have mentioned your annoying lack of grammar when you use 'of' instead of 'have'.  

I thought you were a well educated bloke, like me.....

I write the way I talk. I ain't interested in morningside toffs gadgy. I'm a Clery, Drylaw, Niddrie, Gorgie ex bam who would never pull up anyone for their grammar.

rudi must stay

Halkett's "suprise" unveiling and the extraveganza that's followed (2 days of quotes and photos) to me suggests it will be a long summer

Not ITK though

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Berra was absolutely outstanding in a lot of games. He did have a few poor games, almost as if he’s had the first major injury of his career.

What games was he outstanding in because I am struggling to think of any. I can think of 10 games plus where he was awful though.

Dont get me wrong, I love Berra and he has been a great servant of Hearts but he is coming to the end of his career. He was wrongly rushed back from injury and continued to be played even though it was obvious that he was struggling and totally off form. Had it been any other player then he they would have been dropped.

Berra was probably our worst player in the Cup Final and was the cause (along with Bobby) of us losing that game by being caught miles out of position for their winner.

I hope after a rest and a good pre season he can get himself properly fit and back on form but with a guy like Halkett coming in, it may be time for him to step aside.

Edited by Lambo85

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

What games was he outstanding in because I am struggling to think of any. I can think of 10 games plus where he was awful though.

Dont get me wrong, I love Berra and he has been a great servant of Hearts but he is coming to the end of his career. He was wrongly rushed back from injury and continued to be played even though it was obvious that he was struggling and totally off form. Had it been any other player then he they would have been dropped.

Berra was probably our worst player in the Cup Final and was the cause (along with Bobby) of us losing that game by being caught miles out of position for their winner.

I hope after a rest and a good pre season he can get himself properly fit and back on form but with a guy like Halkett coming in, it may be time for him to step aside.

Both games at Easter Road, the second game against Celtic at Tynecastle, the second game against Aberdeen at Tynecastle. I don’t think he had a consistent run of bad games? Pretty sure he will be back to his best next season.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Both games at Easter Road, the second game against Celtic at Tynecastle, the second game against Aberdeen at Tynecastle. I don’t think he had a consistent run of bad games? Pretty sure he will be back to his best next season.

Yip, folk writing gin off after a few bad games... 

He's our best defender. 

TyphoonJambo
3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He's our best defender. 

Never write Gin off,nout wrong with gin, goes with anything, love the stuff!!

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

A real tonic.

Sssshhhhhhh.... you know who!

3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He's our best defender. 

@Ray Gin won’t be happy.

::troll::

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Tbh, Halkett being confirmed is the perfect tonic after a quiet week. 

18 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

:spoton: 

15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

@Ray Gin won’t be happy.

::troll::

:seething:

been here before

Im looking forward to him not being perfect in his first couple of games then getting on his back, coming on here and writing him off and hopefully getting round to booing him by the winter break.

Its the KB way.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Im looking forward to him not being perfect in his first couple of games then getting on his back, coming on here and writing him off and hopefully getting round to booing him by the winter break.

Its the KB way.

It’s probably very dependant on ‘what he brings to the table’ and if ‘there's a player in there’.

If he fails on both counts, he’ll become a ‘wage thief’.

He might of course become a ‘real find’.