Michel Platini

tartofmidlothian

TyphoonJambo

Horrible corrupt French twat, hope they throw the book at him. Can't stand the guy.

Corruption investigation into how Qatar was awarded World Cup. French police arrested him though not sure who is leading this. 

Isn’t modern football great?

SPFL - incompetent

SFA - corrupt

UEFA - corrupt

FIFA - corrupt

Makes you wonder what the point is. ?

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

SPFL - incompetent

SFA - corrupt

UEFA - corrupt

FIFA - corrupt

Money and privilege has corrupted UEFA and FIFA.

In Scotland it's more complex but small minded does it. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Money and privilege has corrupted UEFA and FIFA.

In Scotland it's more complex but small minded does it. 

It’s just depressing that we are absolutely surrounded by it. 

I wonder if if there is scope for a breakaway world governing body in the future? Although it would probably end up just as corrupt in the future.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

A_A wehatethehibs

Remove the World Cup immediately from Quatar and bring it home to the home nations. The founding fathers of international football England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. No construction or investment work required. Quarter finals at Hampden, Millenium, Aviva, Old Trafford, semis at millenium + Wembley final at Wembley 

Games at the new spurs ground, new Anfield, St James Park, Murrayfield etc

No construction or infrastructure required 

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Horrible corrupt French twat, hope they throw the book at him. Can't stand the guy.

Absolutely fantastic football player, his performance for France at Euro 84 was outstanding, a joy to watch 

Ballitojambo

Hopefully this means the competition is moved, the disconnect between the people running football and those who support it is just unbelievable,  they have always been corrupt and just got more and more brazen, to give the world cup to a country with absolutely no footballing history ,a terrible climate for sports generally and not to mention laws that should we say do not favour festive fun, was just a massive middle figure to the football community, be interesting to see what happens from here.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

SPFL - incompetent

SFA - corrupt

UEFA - corrupt

FIFA - corrupt

This

TyphoonJambo
37 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Absolutely fantastic football player, his performance for France at Euro 84 was outstanding, a joy to watch 

Wouldn't argue with that but his obvious agenda against everything British does my head in. 

Spitonastranger
56 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Remove the World Cup immediately from Quatar and bring it home to the home nations. The founding fathers of international football England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. No construction or investment work required. Quarter finals at Hampden, Millenium, Aviva, Old Trafford, semis at millenium + Wembley final at Wembley 

Not having a go and good idea, but why does England get the final

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That's far too sensible, what were you thinking! 

30 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Need an 800000 seater stadium for the final

Pants Shaton

Who would have thought awarding the World Cup to an oil-rich state, where it’s too hot to play football in the summer, with a population of 2.6m (90% of whom are migrant labourers) was the result of corruption?

I hope they have the best prosecutorial minds the world has to offer working on this case.

TyphoonJambo

I hope hes getting it big in the showers tonight from the beast from the west wing, double handed and dry. Odious French welt

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Spitonastranger said:

Cant really argue against the fact that their national stadium is miles ahead of our embarrasing bag of Tom Kite. It would really rub it into that little French dicks nose as he has an agenda to get rid of our separate, individual national teams.

A_A wehatethehibs

Biggest stadium, capital city of the home nations. London is our collective economic hub city. Best city on Earth to have a World Cup final, think back to London 2012 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That's too convenient and would probably please football fans, get that to ****.

glynnlondon

Wouldn't be surprised if it still goes ahead.

Quataris know where the bodies are buried and some very large vested interests will no doubt be desperate to keep them sweet.

Modern fitba eh.

1 minute ago, glynnlondon said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it still goes ahead.

Quataris know where the bodies are buried and some very large vested interests will no doubt be desperate to keep them sweet.

Modern fitba eh.

Scandalous if goes ahead and It’s still held in Qatar-  but depressingly I agree- bet it does

No you don't

I can't remember where I read it, possibly on a FIFA site? It stipulated the stadium requirements for each round. Pretty sure the 80000 was for the opening ceremony and the final.

Found the link.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FIFA_World_Cup_stadiums

Edited by superjack

Phil Dunphy

Football is merely a vessel for the ultra rich to become even richer. 

Thankfully Scotland has remained very close to it’s working class roots, while the likes of Spain, Italy and England are quite content to drop their pants for a bit of added silver from more ‘lucrative’ markets. 

They won the bid by bribing the panel (or over half). I cannot see how it goes ahead with that stink on it, aside form the other issues that make Qatar completely unsuitable to host a tournament.  

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, superjack said:

I can't remember where I read it, possibly on a FIFA site? It stipulated the stadium requirements for each round. Pretty sure the 80000 was for the opening ceremony and the final.

Found the link.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FIFA_World_Cup_stadiums

Sorry i was purely thinking they meant size for crowd not what is required.  

Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Biggest stadium, capital city of the home nations. London is our collective economic hub city. Best city on Earth to have a World Cup final, think back to London 2012 

Missing the point, they have already had the final, give it to us or another nation. Edinburgh is one of the biggest tourist destinations in Britain.

Just now, Spitonastranger said:

Missing the point, they have already had the final, give it to us or another nation. Edinburgh is one of the biggest tourist destinations in Britain.

No stadium in Scotland meets the criteria unfortunately.

Spitonastranger
2 minutes ago, superjack said:

No stadium in Scotland meets the criteria unfortunately.

maybe we could fill in the corners :pimp2:

25 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Do a deal with the GAA and it could be held at Croke Park.

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Corruption investigation into how Qatar was awarded World Cup. French police arrested him though not sure who is leading this. 

USA probably. They seam to be doing a lot  of investigations into FIFA

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

They won the bid by bribing the panel (or over half). I cannot see how it goes ahead with that stink on it, aside form the other issues that make Qatar completely unsuitable to host a tournament.  

If that was a criteria to void a World Cup allocation, I wonder how far back we'd have to go to get a 'clean' one?

Horrible creepy odious individual.

like his other half Blatter.

if guilty hope he gets a long stretch inside. Most likely loaded but they always want more and to hell with the consequences.

5 hours ago, JAYEL said:

USA probably. They seam to be doing a lot  of investigations into FIFA

Yep. At least they have the balls to stand up to it, unlike every other nation