Mogaro Gomis...getting in as coach at Hearts?

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

While going through pie and Bovril, looking to see if there is rumours about Hearts players going out to lower league clubs on loan (only one was a rumour a few weeks back that United are after a Hearts player)  I found a post when in reply to links of him going to Arbroath. The poster talked about him trying to get into the coaching side at Hearts.

Is anyone aware of this? I can imagine it being a younger age group while playing part time for Arbroath (like John Rankin and Clyde.) I always thought that he would end up becoming a coach at Hearts when he was with us but moved on.

Surely not with the first team otherwise we’re going to need a separate dugout for all these coaching staff.

Watt-Zeefuik

I'd be glad to have him at the club -- very intelligent player on the pitch.

Funniest thing about him was that his performances went up and down reliably with the temperature. Always at his best at the start and end of the season.

46 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

I'd be glad to have him at the club -- very intelligent player on the pitch.

Funniest thing about him was that his performances went up and down reliably with the temperature. Always at his best at the start and end of the season.

Explain in detail the 'funniest thing' about his his performances in  relation to temperature?....I just don't get it.

Jambo, Goodbye
28 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Explain in detail the 'funniest thing' about his his performances in  relation to temperature?....I just don't get it.

He doesn't literally mean it was "funny", rather that it was strange that Gomis played better in warmer weather, and not so well during the colder months. 

If I'm wrong, I'm sure he'll clear things up. 

42 minutes ago, ADAM said:

11 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

He doesn't literally mean it was "funny", rather that it was strange that Gomis played better in warmer weather, and not so well during the colder months. 

If I'm wrong, I'm sure he'll clear things up. 

Can only assume the implication is that he is more accustomed to sunnier climes.

To be fair, I was always shite in a Scottish winter too. Wasn't much use in spring or autumn either, but decent in the summer. 

That said, I've never been black, or have I? Gets you thinking. 

letsalldothebeattie

I’d be happy with him coming in and helping in the academy. A very classy player on his day so a massive bonus to pass that on to the youngsters coming through 

Finlay James
5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

While going through pie and Bovril, looking to see if there is rumours about Hearts players going out to lower league clubs on loan (only one was a rumour a few weeks back that United are after a Hearts player)  I found a post when in reply to links of him going to Arbroath. The poster talked about him trying to get into the coaching side at Hearts.

Is anyone aware of this? I can imagine it being a younger age group while playing part time for Arbroath (like John Rankin and Clyde.) I always thought that he would end up becoming a coach at Hearts when he was with us but moved on.

Out of interest, who is the player that Utd are after?

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, ADAM said:

Are you trying to imply racism from the OP?  

Have you never heard phrases like ‘could he do it on a wet Wednesday in November’?  Plenty of players of all races, backgrounds and nationalities have been accused of not fancying it during the winter months.  

Stop look for offence where none was intended.   

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Out of interest, who is the player that Utd are after?

It wasnt mentioned.

gashauskis9

If it coaches our midfielders to be more comfortable on the ball and make clever passes then I’m all for it.

Wee Morgaro was never replaced in my opinion. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Have you never heard phrases like ‘could he do it on a wet Wednesday in November’?  Plenty of players of all races, backgrounds and nationalities have been accused of not fancying it during the winter months.  

It’s an old line that black players don’t like the British winter (think the odd chairman and manager have been called out for it).  It was the “joke” before the “Wet Wednesday in Stoke” line. 

It’s a bit lazy and actually untrue with Gomis as well. 

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s an old line that black players don’t like the British winter (think the odd chairman and manager have been called out for it).  It was the “joke” before the “Wet Wednesday in Stoke” line. 

Was true for Oshaniwa though, Levein bought him feet warmers

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Absolutely this

Fair weather sportsman, me.

As long as he teaches them not to dilly dally on the ball at the edge of your own box I'm fine for it.

Still not over that Falkirk winner :(

Horatio Caine
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Kris Boyd is available after retiring from playing. 

How is this relevant on this thread?

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

How is this relevant on this thread?

He could be a better coach than Gomis. 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

He could be a better coach than Gomis. 

Well, he could certainly direct them towards a first class pie!

1 minute ago, hmfc4life1991 said:

He’s just signed for Falkirk so that’ll be the coaching thing out the window. 

Unless he works with youngsters. 

John Rankin has coached and managed U18 team while still playing. 

We have a number of ex players involved with the club at younger levels, my daughter plays with Hearts and I’m regularly at the Oriam, you will regularly see ex Hearts players involved with the youngsters, absolutely fantastic to see Donald Park coaching the young lads, others guys involved include Scott Crabbe, Dale Carrick and Ian Ferguson (the other one) as well as John Rankin

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He went through Scott Brown like a dose of salts. Great tackle and not even worthy of a yellow.

:rudiyas:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hard one to know, who is going to be a good coach and not.

I always think a good one, is someone who can simplify the game or make it more complex by understanding the tools they have to work with as a collective, and one who has enough personal skills to understand how to educate a player on an individual basis.

All roads lead to Gorgie
36 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Model Pro. 

Plus size model. ☺️

Big Slim Stylee
8 hours ago, ADAM said:

We’re soooooo lucky to have you?. Always on high alert for any posts of a dubious bigoted/racist nature, however innocent the intentions.

6 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It seems like you are the one looking for offence. The poster simply asked for an explanation for the original comment, that Gomis played better better at the start and end of the season (because of the lovely warm weather we have in these periods in Scotland), which was frankly ridiculous. 

Brighton Jambo
4 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

It seems like you are the one looking for offence. The poster simply asked for an explanation for the original comment, that Gomis played better better at the start and end of the season (because of the lovely warm weather we have in these periods in Scotland), which was frankly ridiculous. 

Reading the comments it’s clear I’m not the only one who felt that.  

I just felt sorry for the OP.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Watt-Zeefuik
14 hours ago, ADAM said:

11 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

ADAM's question is a very fair one. I confess I didn't know "black players don't like the British weather" was a thing but I shouldn't be surprised. I am sorry to have echoed a racist sentiment -- it was not my intent.

I indeed mean "funny" as in "strange." It was certainly not true of his primary midfield partner Buaben, who was from Ghana, unlike Gomis, who was from Paris. 

Scottish weather is another level beyond standard "British weather" and it doesn't strike me as unusual that some players simply don't thrive in cold and rainy conditions, particularly someone like Gomis whose game was basically constant motion around the pitch, running his socks off and chasing every ball in the midfield. 

My memory of Robbie's first two seasons was that in the first three months of both seasons, Gomis often looked like our team MVP,  after which he would disappear for long stretches of the season, before returning with a couple of classic performances late in both seasons. 

I maintain that he didn't like cold weather but I should have specified, given the racist history of such a judgement, that I did not assume that based on his race. I apologize.

Diadora Van Basten

I loved Gomis and Buaben as our 2 in the 4-2-3-1. We brought in Kitchen and Djoum but I still prefer G and B.

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

ADAM's question is a very fair one. I confess I didn't know "black players don't like the British weather" was a thing but I shouldn't be surprised. I am sorry to have echoed a racist sentiment -- it was not my intent.

I indeed mean "funny" as in "strange." It was certainly not true of his primary midfield partner Buaben, who was from Ghana, unlike Gomis, who was from Paris. 

Scottish weather is another level beyond standard "British weather" and it doesn't strike me as unusual that some players simply don't thrive in cold and rainy conditions, particularly someone like Gomis whose game was basically constant motion around the pitch, running his socks off and chasing every ball in the midfield. 

My memory of Robbie's first two seasons was that in the first three months of both seasons, Gomis often looked like our team MVP,  after which he would disappear for long stretches of the season, before returning with a couple of classic performances late in both seasons. 

I maintain that he didn't like cold weather but I should have specified, given the racist history of such a judgement, that I did not assume that based on his race. I apologize.

I don't even think it was the weather as such, his passing became erratic as the pitches would start to cut up in the winter months. Poor performances to pitch quality rather than anything else IMO, he likes to pass the ball on the deck. Cracking player though. 

1 hour ago, stotty said:

I don't even think it was the weather as such, his passing became erratic as the pitches would start to cut up in the winter months. Poor performances to pitch quality rather than anything else IMO, he likes to pass the ball on the deck. Cracking player though. 

He was very good for us.A proper footballer.Always looking for the ball and trying to make things happen. 

Bazzas right boot

I liked Gomis and he done well for us  in the championship. 

Completely found out in the top league tho. 

Cracking player... Proper footballer.. Ahead of Djoum...... 

????????????????

Are folk for real?