New Plastic Whistle strip (NH obviously!)

Perth to Paisley

Perth to Paisley

Some of the comments are horrendous!

Good luck to them!

Edited by Perth to Paisley
Typo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FJT

• fabienleclerq

• Nookie Bear

• Phil Dunphy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolute Scenes

Not really

that looks like an abomination of a strip. And nothing to do with what it represents. What football fan or player for that matter wants a big rainbow down the strip? It won’t be flying off the shelf that’s for sure 

Appreciate the sentiments. But depending on how big the rainbow strip is that could be an clusterf*** of a shirt. ?

maybe it’s just a stripe on the sleeve. 

Perth to Paisley

First Kingsley and now this; it appears they take the stance that there is 'no such thing as bad publicity'!

Aw I like Partick Thistle. If you're from Glasgow and support them, you're probably a GC.

Celtic like to think they're the people's club, which is laughableiin so many ways. Partick are absolutely right on.

Agreed the strip could be boggin though!! The rainbow stripe could be narrow by the looks of it so maybe OK!

Bet this is the sort of PR/PC nonsense Dumpster would have loved to come up with for the hobos so that they could claim yet another meaningless first to deflect from their abysmal on-field record such as first floodlights etc.

All the homophobes outing themselves in those replies. No wonder there isn’t an openly gay footballer in Scotland. 

Hungry hippo

I really like Partick and I can't think of any other Scottish team (excluding Hearts and some minor teams) that I'd even consider saying that about.

Fair play to them for this and Kingsley is great too.

30 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Aw I like Partick Thistle. If you're from Glasgow and support them, you're probably a GC.

Celtic like to think they're the people's club, which is laughableiin so many ways. Partick are absolutely right on.

Agreed the strip could be boggin though!! The rainbow stripe could be narrow by the looks of it so maybe OK!

Celtic are an absolute ****ing corporation, exploiting the myth of being a 'peoples club'.

Wait until Hearts unveil their third kit this season is going to include the trans flag (light blue, pink and white).

Wonder if the local MP will be at the launch.

CloustonHMFC
9 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Wait until Hearts unveil their third kit this season is going to include the trans flag (light blue, pink and white).

Wonder if the local MP will be at the launch.

I hope they do just for the comments and the seethe ?

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

I really like Partick and I can't think of any other Scottish team (excluding Hearts and some minor teams) that I'd even consider saying that about.

Fair play to them for this and Kingsley is great too.

:cornette:

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Gary Caldwell? Gerry Cinnamon? 

Great club.  Don't give a toss about their new jersey.  Always want to see them do well.

12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Don't mind Partick at all. Although at the cup game at Firhill, it became clear they're another bitter wee club who ****ing hate us.

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Don't mind Partick at all. Although at the cup game at Firhill, it became clear they're another bitter wee club who ****ing hate us.

Or their moaning about our new stand opening fixture against them going to the wire!

What has happened to Hearts fans these days? Kissing other teams arses, wanting Hibs to beat us, wanting Hibs to win cups.... It's ****ing disgusting. 

PhoenixHearts

Good. Anything that increases visibility and acceptance of marginalised groups in a traditionally set-in-its-ways, verging on over-compensatory masculine sport is a move in the right direction.

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Good. Anything that increases visibility and acceptance of marginalised groups in a traditionally set-in-its-ways, verging on over-compensatory masculine sport is a move in the right direction.

What do you mean by "over-compensatory"?

PhoenixHearts
26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What do you mean by "over-compensatory"?

Just your stereotypical behaviour of many a football supporter. You know, the hard man act, jack the lad, "I can drink mare than you", showing any emotion besides red-faced anger is for poofs etc.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

7 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Just your stereotypical behaviour of many a football supporter. You know, the hard man act, jack the lad, "I can drink mare than you", showing any emotion besides red-faced anger is for poofs etc.

Presumably you mean macho bullshit which is frequently displayed by a thankfully shrinking minority of insecure and often quite dim men?! ? 

Most guys these days are better than that old fashioned shit thankfully

PhoenixHearts
12 minutes ago, smartinmaroon said:

Presumably you mean macho bullshit which is frequently displayed by a thankfully shrinking minority of insecure and often quite dim men?! ? 

Most guys these days are better than that old fashioned shit thankfully

Aye, that's the ones. They often tend to have an uncomfortably creepy and overbearing relationship with their daughter.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Not really

that looks like an abomination of a strip. And nothing to do with what it represents. What football fan or player for that matter wants a big rainbow down the strip? It won’t be flying off the shelf that’s for sure 

Abomination?

0EA6E303-3A40-4B78-933D-68346CCB6E65.jpeg

Some of the comments are showing exactly why Partick Thistle are doing this.

Aside from the fact it might end up looking horrific, what exactly is the harm in them doing this?   (edit) if the picture posted above is accurate, it doesn't even look that bad ffs.

As an aside, at no point in the teaser have they even mentioned LGBT or Pride, or anything like that, and immediately the small minded are all "Ahm no wearing that gay pish".  People :vrface: 

Edited by tian447

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Some of the comments are showing exactly why Partick Thistle are doing this.

Aside from the fact it might end up looking horrific, what exactly is the harm in them doing this?   (edit) if the picture posted above is accurate, it doesn't even look that bad ffs.

As an aside, at no point in the teaser have they even mentioned LGBT or Pride, or anything like that, and immediately the small minded are all "Ahm no wearing that gay pish".  People :vrface: 

Yep. What’s the feckin big deal? Good for them. Non issue. Far worse strips out there too ?

2 minutes ago, smartinmaroon said:

Yep. What’s the feckin big deal? Good for them. Non issue. Far worse strips out there too ?

Exactly, like Celtic shirts :lol:

But seriously, other teams have been doing it for years.  Rayo Vallecano in the Spanish Leagues have had at least 2 rainbow ones, that were much less subtle than the Partick kit:

football.png

Other teams have also done it, including VfL Bochum, St Pauli, & Deportivo Guadalajara:

rainbow-colours-dont-run.jpg

Tears and snotters over a rainbow pattern, deary me :lol 

Just now, smartinmaroon said:

C6A4E9BA-1680-4CB8-BCFA-30204FD206CF.thumb.jpeg.87a3f9b53e66227026ba719d429f69dc.jpeg

Just now, tian447 said:

Exactly, like Celtic shirts :lol:

I see you got there just ahead of me, but we were on the exact same line of thinking :rofl: 

??

Let’s not even start on some of the hibs beauties through the years (again, I mean strips) ????

fabienleclerq

Can't see the harm really but I think politics doesn't really have a place in football. That means you can't pick and choose which politics is ok for it. 

AlphonseCapone

It's actually quite smart. I thought it was going to be diagonally down the strip which might have been a bit hideous. 

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Can't see the harm really but I think politics doesn't really have a place in football. That means you can't pick and choose which politics is ok for it. 

Politics or human rights? Now that will get some folks going! 

Anyway, I can’t see any need for a fuss

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's actually quite smart. I thought it was going to be diagonally down the strip which might have been a bit hideous. 

True. Actually pretty subtle. Could have been minging!

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

It's no politics really is it, it's more a human rights issue, not something two sides can argue over. Football going things like this and anti-racism things etc are exactly what it should be doing. It's one of the few things can speak to a certain demographic of people. 

fabienleclerq

Politics or human rights? Now that will get some folks going! 

Anyway, I can’t see any need for a fuss

It's more of a publicity stunt I suppose, I think anyone and everyone is sticking a rainbow on their product and it maybe cheapens the whole idea imo. Flip side is it's making people talk about it. 

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

It's no politics really is it, it's more a human rights issue, not something two sides can argue over. Football going things like this and anti-racism things etc are exactly what it should be doing. It's one of the few things can speak to a certain demographic of people. 

?

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

the strip I mean :laugh:

It’s not that bad a strip though is it?