Si Ferry Meets...Gary Naysmith

RobNox

indianajones
4 minutes ago, jb102 said:

ah wiz getting ready tae smash hum.

Oh how I long for a simpler time.

Was laughing when he was explaining how Jim and Billy would speak to him before and during games. He is right though, you couldnt talk to young players like that nowadays. They wouldnt be able to handle it. 

gashauskis9

Naysmith, Robbo, Lockie etc 

Love these boys like family.  Compared to the Lochend equivalent there is no comparison.

Watched the first 5-10 for at work there. Simon Ferry is an intolerable chavvy ****. What the **** is he wearing?

Serge Pizzorno
4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Watched the first 5-10 for at work there. Simon Ferry is an intolerable chavvy ****. What the **** is he wearing?

Surprised it took so long:vrface:

13 minutes ago, Locky said:

Does it matter.

Watched half of it there on walkies....good interview so far and great to hear all things Hearts related from a more simple time...

Anyone finding issue from that vid in anyway really must be a Victor Meldrew and a half ???

55 minutes ago, Locky said:

Does it really matter what he wears or bow chavvy he sounds?

upgotheheads

Haven't watched too many of these but Gary Naismith comes over really well. Half way through and will watch the rest later, but It's great to see someone who I've watched right through his career. First real memory of him is cutting inside   and scoring a screamer, it might have been his debut but can't remember who it was against, maybe even Celtic? I was also at the semi against Falkirk at Ibrox when Crunchie roasted him.

Bridge of Djoum
32 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Does it really matter what he wears or bow chavvy he sounds?

You have to accept that some folks tolerance levels for little jakey tramps is quite low. Also, being bezzy mates with the coked up fud that is Paul Slane...

been here before

Ehhh... eh? That right? The big man eh? What was he like?  Quality, top banter eh? That right? Some boy ehhh, always a word for the young lads coming through eh? Tremendous.

That right, aye? Quality eh?

Edited by been here before

loveofthegame
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ehhh... eh? That right? The big man eh? What was he like?  Quality, top banter eh? That right, some boy ehhh, always a word for the young lads coming through eh? 

That right, aye? Quality eh?

Does this seriously need done on every Si Ferry thread?! Your boring repetitive banter is far worse than Ferry's. If you don't like him, ignore the threads and the interviews.

But in my opinion, the interviews are great - keep them coming.

been here before
2 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Does this seriously need done on every Si Ferry thread?! Your boring repetitive banter is far worse than Ferry's. If you don't like him, ignore the threads and the interviews.

As repetative as your boring nut hugging shite. If you dont like it, ignore the post.

Its about opinions as the man says. 

Si might be a bit chavvy, and he's not exactly Michael Parkinson when it comes to interviewing, but he does at least allow his guests to do the bulk of the talking and there have been some great shows featuring ex Jambos.  Big Kev, Sir Paul, Lockie, Temps and now Naysmith, maybe others I've missed.

You've also got to give some credit for the fact that it's not just a predictable procession of ex OF players that are interviewed, there's a really decent mix.

Who gives a shit what anyone wears ffs.

rarely do we get such insightful interviews. I think they are great. Proper no hanging back interviews. Some folk should just watch the one show and be done

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Do we need any more Si Ferry threads? Think this is the 3rd.

been here before
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

You've also got to give some credit for the fact that it's not just a predictable procession of ex OF players that are interviewed, there's a really decent mix.

Aye Ill give him that, you certainly cant accuse him of being OF centric and fair play to him for that.

Its just a shame its impossible to listen to him for longer than ten minutes.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Who gives a shit what anyone wears ffs.

rarely do we get such insightful interviews. I think they are great. Proper no hanging back interviews. Some folk should just watch the one show and be done

Ken...

Image result for kkk hood Image result for nazi uniform

Image result for hibs stripImage result for crocs

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Well I would imagine every time he interviews an ex-Jambo there is likely to be a new thread, unless we get the mods to create a Si Ferry sticky, which is sure to go down well with some!

Athletes Feet

First one I've watched, but enjoyed hearing what Gary had to say about all things Hearts, football and former players. That said, those socks are questionable at best.

Better call Saul

I said hello to Gary once when he was watching his lassie play football the game hadn't started and he wasn't busy or didn't appear to be ! anyway I found him to be unpleasant almost like I shouldn't have wanted to shake his hand being a former jambo and toffee .

Shame as I wanted to point out to my daughter who he was ..but I didn't bother .

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Si might be a bit chavvy, and he's not exactly Michael Parkinson when it comes to interviewing, but he does at least allow his guests to do the bulk of the talking and there have been some great shows featuring ex Jambos.  Big Kev, Sir Paul, Lockie, Temps and now Naysmith, maybe others I've missed.

Spot on.  He lets his guests speak and gets some good stuff out of them.  Surely the sign of a good interviewer.

Shame he didn't get to end his career with us. That embargo really spoiled things, Skacel could have returned, Naysmith could have returned.. **** man :(  Anyone else we missed out on?

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Haven't watched too many of these but Gary Naismith comes over really well. Half way through and will watch the rest later, but It's great to see someone who I've watched right through his career. First real memory of him is cutting inside   and scoring a screamer, it might have been his debut but can't remember who it was against, maybe even Celtic? I was also at the semi against Falkirk at Ibrox when Crunchie roasted him.

Think it was against Aberdeen in a midweek game at tynie which we won 3 - 1.

Having said think he also scored a screamer against Celtic at Parkhead IIRC. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Still one of the finest performances I've witnessed by a Scottish player. He was incredible that day.

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

:qqb006:

Inch Hearts
5 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You have to accept that some folks tolerance levels for little jakey tramps is quite low. Also, being bezzy mates with the coked up fud that is Paul Slane...

Yet he’s given a good few interviews with hearts legends all fantastic interviews.  

Lets not hear hear from anyone then unless Parky interviews them then?

Si Ferry’s interviews are brilliant. 

Inch Hearts
4 hours ago, Athletes Feet said:

First one I've watched, but enjoyed hearing what Gary had to say about all things Hearts, football and former players. That said, those socks are questionable at best.

Look up Gary Locke Sir Paul and others.  They are brilliant.  Neil McCann great Kevin Kyle amazing.  

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yet he’s given a good few interviews with hearts legends all fantastic interviews.  

Lets not hear hear from anyone then unless Parky interviews them then?

Si Ferry’s interviews are brilliant. 

Parky can **** off as well!

:smoking:

Entertaining and informative as it was the line has just been drawn across the name of Naysmith as a future Hearts manager. Big Dunc on the other hand....... get rid of the fake owls, a few pigeons...... 

gashauskis9
9 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I said hello to Gary once when he was watching his lassie play football the game hadn't started and he wasn't busy or didn't appear to be ! anyway I found him to be unpleasant almost like I shouldn't have wanted to shake his hand being a former jambo and toffee .

Shame as I wanted to point out to my daughter who he was ..but I didn't bother .

That’s a shame.  I must admit, my experience of meeting the guy was polar opposite to this.

Shooter McGavin

So he gets good stories out of his guests, gets a good mix of guests from different clubs and he actually lets them speak without interrupting every 2 minutes which you see a lot of interviewers refuse to do nowadays...

but I’m not to keen on his accent therefore he’s a ned tramp jakey?

Am I doing it right?

6 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Look up Gary Locke Sir Paul and others.  They are brilliant.  Neil McCann great Kevin Kyle amazing.  

Is there a Neil McCann one ? 

Beattie, Lee Miller and Davie weir all touch on their time at hearts. Some of the non hearts interviews are also good.  

7 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Forgot to add McGowan as well. Probably the most hearts centric of the lot barring Locky of course 

Superb watch, really enjoy these Si Ferry interviews, just lets them tell their stories.

Saw Locke, Kyle, Hartley and Naysmith now.

Any others folks would recommend??  (Edit:  Just noticed the replies above re McGowan & McCann)

Edited by Jambo83

14 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Si Ferry could certainly do with more threads. Or just a decent pair of socks.

Cathro’s Da
16 hours ago, Locky said:

Looks like a t-shirt and a pair of black trackies?

Jean Louis Valois

Had a 5 minute chat with Naisy in the Church on the Hill before the 5-1 final. Calmed my nerves when he said their was no chance we were getting beat by Hibs in a cup final, and that we’d comfortably beat them. He was spot on to be fair. Good guy