Climate protest in Edinburgh

mutley

How does causing gridlock help anyone? Increased emissions all round and pissed off commuters. I’m away to burn something toxic in the garden now

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• frankblack

• mutley

• Pasquale for King

Lord halifax

What's wrong with the climate? 

Seems fine to me.How are all those protesters getting to Edinburgh?

Plane,bus,car?

Not very green if they are.?

8 minutes ago, mutley said:

How does causing gridlock help anyone? Increased emissions all round and pissed off commuters. I’m away to burn something toxic in the garden now

My van engine cuts off when I stop. Moan the protesters!

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

My van engine cuts off when I stop. Moan the protesters!

I have that as well, never use it though.

All they’re going to achieve here is to alienate people from their cause

indianajones

I agree with their point completely but this sort of thing should be carried out in London.

Scotland is literally leaving the rest of the UK behind when dealing with climate issues. 

Was there not one up the bridges a few months back? The irony being all the buses had to be diverted a longer route meaning even more emissions.

Just now, Locky said:

Was there not one up the bridges a few months back? The irony being all the buses had to be diverted a longer route meaning even more emissions.

Same people but on Lothian road this time.

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, mutley said:

I have that as well, never use it though.

All they’re going to achieve here is to alienate people from their cause

So folk would see the planet be ruined because some protestors caused them to be delayed? Bit extreme. 

The Internet

fwiw while I agree with what they're saying I think they're pissing in the wind doing it in Scotland. They want to get themselves over to the US and China (swimming, obviously, flying would be hypocritical amirite) and disrupt them. Scotland and the UK could be the greenest places on earth and it wouldn't matter because other countries don't care.

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

So folk would see the planet be ruined because some protestors caused them to be delayed? Bit extreme. 

It’s the government who make the big calls on climate change and they don’t care if joe bloggs is late home from work.

The planned blockade of Heathrow will really go against them if it goes ahead. 

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

fwiw while I agree with what they're saying I think they're pissing in the wind doing it in Scotland. They want to get themselves over to the US and China (swimming, obviously, flying would be hypocritical amirite) and disrupt them. Scotland and the UK could be the greenest places on earth and it wouldn't matter because other countries don't care.

82% iirc of the new forests planted in the UK last year can be found in Scotland. 

Thats 11,200 hectares or roughly 22 million trees. In one year. 

Everyone can do more but we are ahead of the game without a doubt. Would be better aimed in London like i mentioned previously. The English tree planting last year was a complete joke. 

Should tear gas the greasy soap dodging benefit cheats and go in with batons to clear them out.

Take no prisoners or they will keep coming back.

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Should tear gas the greasy soap dodging benefit cheats and go in with batons to clear them out.

Take no prisoners or they will keep coming back.

On you go.  Hopefully you'll feel their retaliation.

I love the planet. I love making steps to save the planet. 

These ******s want to make me destroy the planet though. Absolute arseholes. 

As someone who is currently stuck in the traffic trying to get home.  I believe anyone who lies in the middle of the road is fair game to be squashed. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Idiotic post alert.

Why? Perhaps the Governor supports both the protesters cause and their methods.

Why is that idiotic?

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder if that hypocritical loon Emma Thomson will fly in from LA to tell us all how to live our lives. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Dunks said:

Why? Perhaps the Governor supports both the protesters cause and their methods.

Why is that idiotic?

You have to be told? 

I dont agree with a protest.  There are more productive ways to stage your feelings on climate changr 

7 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

As someone who is currently stuck in the traffic trying to get home.  I believe anyone who lies in the middle of the road is fair game to be squashed. 

Hope you've left a key under your doormat for the pizza boy.

AlphonseCapone
39 minutes ago, mutley said:

It’s the government who make the big calls on climate change and they don’t care if joe bloggs is late home from work.

The planned blockade of Heathrow will really go against them if it goes ahead. 

I disagree with their methods as a general principle, I don't think you should be targeting innocent folk. But I guess their view is that people aren't innocent and these sorts of actions are required to get attention.

Will it work? Probably not, but I don't think it'll fail because they've delayed people or pissed them off, I think it'll fail because most folk don't care enough and realistically, it's not folk driving down Lothian Road that'll change anything. It's factories in the USA and China. If they really wanted to make a difference, that's where they'd target. That or murdering lots of cows, polluting *******s that they are. 

24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

On you go.  Hopefully you'll feel their retaliation.

:cornette:

Why would they retaliate against me if the police are cracking skulls?

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Hope you've left a key under your doormat for the pizza boy.

He will be waiting a while for the cash. Fives on a Monday ya prick ?

As already posted, Scotland is one of the World leaders in terms of Renewable Energy production, with around 70% of our energy coming from renewable sources. 

The problem with these protestors is that it's one huge virtue signalling effort, trying to show how progressive and original they all are, focusing all of their efforts in entirely the wrong places.  The worst thing is, they know this, and are largely just trying to make a scene. 

We are trying, in Scotland and the UK in general, to be better at this, whilst other countries continue to take the absolute piss, dumping stuff in the sea, pumping huge amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, and generally polluting the planet.  World leaders such as America denying there's a problem, and attempting to bring us all back to Industrial Revolution levels of pollution. 

Scotland could physically disappear off the map, and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to climate change, pollution or global emissions.

If we want change in the world, lying down in the middle of a road in Edinburgh is not going to change that. 

14 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

He will be waiting a while for the cash. Fives on a Monday ya prick ?

Reported for swearing.

28 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Going to take my subaru into work tomorrow in protest.

20 mpg lovely jubilee

:pleasing: run a few of them over too if you see them ?

Malinga the Swinga

Pretty sure the protesters will congratulate themselves on doing such a good job, then go home to their nice centrally heated homes, make sure their mobile phones are fully charged before making the most of their showers and settling down to watch their flat screen TVs.

The fact that they are using up the very resources they are protesting about most likely escapes the hypocritical idiots.

As long as they are okay, they couldn't give a monkeys about those less fortunate than themselves. They have their decent standard of living and for those in less developed countries who are trying to catch up, well tough because now the planet needs saved..

luckyBatistuta

Does mutley have his arse hanging out the back of his jeans and drive a phc???

The Internet

Do people think they thought they were going to reduce carbon emissions today by doing this?

CloustonHMFC

I disagree with their methods but it’s very boring that everyone jumps on the ‘get a job’ patter. Who’s to say they haven’t taken annual leave? Or requested today as their day off?

6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Does mutley have his arse hanging out the back of his jeans and drive a phc???

Na, Taxi drivings for the elderly. Might take it up when I’m no longer fit enough for a full days work

luckyBatistuta
Just now, mutley said:

Na, Taxi drivings for the elderly. Might take it up when I’m no longer fit enough for a full days work

You must have elderly eyes, I said phc?

mon the protestors 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Idiotic post alert.

It really isn't.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It really isn't.

What he forgot to mention was that his post was self-referential.

1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

I disagree with their methods but it’s very boring that everyone jumps on the ‘get a job’ patter. Who’s to say they haven’t taken annual leave? Or requested today as their day off?

Because taking a day off to lie in the street is the only thing more mental than being unemployed and spending your day lying in the street. 

1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

Most unlikely, A load of bums I’d say.