• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• Jammy T

• Gambo

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Folk think we improved last season.?

We have went from 5th to 6th to 6th.

Wether the Craig Levein FC fans like it or not we got a free run to the final which we nearly blew.

Last season was supposed to be the season of no excuses, I think they used every excuse known.

We did improve and we certainly never went backwards. 

It's a simple fact. 

Not even up for debate. 

22 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

If I was an Inverness fan I'd probably accept this is progress.

It's also a very disingenuously framed question. 

Should Hearts beat Auchinelck at home. Etc. And so forth.

AlphonseCapone
34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Target is an aim not a promise.

If we fail someone should be held to account unless there are mitigating factors - such as serious longish term injuries to our most influential players, many at the same time.  Without these I reckon we would have been comfortably at least 2 places higher.

Of course. Failing to achieve your target doesn't mean there aren't good reasons why. But everyone from club owner down to fan recognises that 6th two years in a row isn't good enough for us.

There's so much riding on this season, because baring the freak chances of us having the same sort of injury issues, this season is where Craig really needs to deliver an improvement in the league. Obviously everyone recognises that. 

1 hour ago, Syd said:

So I’m late to the party here but what is the source of this information/rumour?

Sy

Hibs.net PM board.

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

I asked already but no one seems to know

The answer was on the thread. Have a look.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Drugs/Hibs.net.

This ^

Brighton Jambo
22 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

League position is where you are judged. Simple as that. 

Cup runs can be random and many factors contributing to a good or bad run.

If we didn’t do well in the cups, would you have still enjoyed the season? (Assuming you did) Like yourself I’ve seen us go out the cups early many times over the years but still enjoyed the campaign because we were strong in the league. 

It wasn’t enjoyable last season but staying in the cup kept us interested and with hope. Normally finishing top 3 means you’ve watched good matches, good players and results. Finishing 6th means the opposite most of the time. 

We reached an objective of making a final which I was delighted about but it was a tough gig last season 

And I agree with all that, it was a tough watch at times and league position was not good enough.  But I stand by we had a better season than the year before based on progress in the cups. 

Of course I wouldn't have enjoyed the season as much has we been knocked out early of the cups but we didn't and I thoroughly enjoyed both big occasions. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Prof said:

There is plenty of progress under AB but none under CL. Progress is not getting horsed in the CL, winning the SC and getting into the top 3 in the SPL. 

It is when in the lc and sc you went further and got more points than the season before. 

Is it enough progress, I'd say not  and that is the debate. 

Going forward do we stick with this or rip it up and start again. 

We most definitely did not go backwards and by the very definition, progress v the previous season was made. 

Simple fact. 

Bazzas right boot

Dissapointed  that Moyes along with 

Naismith, Adam, Gordon, Mcgennis, Walker, Milinkovic and Cletus have not been unveiled in a Suprise press conference today. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Naismith, Adam, Mcgennis, Walker, Milinkovic and Cletus have not been unveiled in a Suprise press conference today. 

and Gordon

Its Davie Moyes from Tranent, Played for Berwick,Meadowbank and Dunfermline,Hard as nails,managerial experience at Tranent about ten years ago so could do a job!

2 minutes ago, systemx said:

Its Davie Moyes from Tranent, Played for Berwick,Meadowbank and Dunfermline,Hard as nails,managerial experience at Tranent about ten years ago so could do a job!

From beyond the grave???

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

From beyond the grave???

Not unless he died in last ten minutes when I saw him walking his dug!!!!!BTW he started off at Preston Athletic.

Not unless he died in last ten minutes when I saw him walking his dug!!!!!BTW he started off at Preston Athletic.

He's a good Bricklayer and a pal of Pogo Smith.

Edited by allyby

? Making shit up seems to be the norm on here these days!

4 minutes ago, allyby said:

He's a good Bricklayer and a pal of Pogo Smith.

i,ll tell him someone thinks hes a good brickie haha.Im well aquainted with both

Gorgie_Rules

Can’t see it happening, however its the kind of appointment that Levein/Budge need to allow Levein to go back upstairs. 

Moyes’ stock is very low at any sort of decent level, can’t see a side in the top two divisions in England touching him and he failed miserably abroad so likely he’ll need to take a job in Scotland if wanting back in the game. Wasnt considered for Scotland or Celtic so it does make some sort of sense.

Can’t see it though

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Answer the following questions honestly:

1.  Is reaching the semi final of the league cup better than being knocked out in the group stages?

2.  Is reaching a cup final (our first in 7 years) better then being knocked out in the quarter finals?

I get it, league position was disappointing, quality of football has been poor but to say that this season we didn't make progress compared to the previous season is just plainly incorrect.

Cups are a hit and a miss depending on the draw, thats i what makes cups diffetent from the league, we couldn't fail to reach this years final though we gave it a go v Partick.

Progress imo is based on league games over a season, we did not progress. Season 17/18 We finished 33 points behind 1st and 24 behind second, last year we finished 36 and 27 points behind those places, so for those getting the open top bus ready to parade the extra 2 points, reverse gear is marked with a R.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

My smart arse stalker strikes again.

Did I say we would definitely win the league or did you just make that up?

If we had finished just 2 or 3 places higher we would still have been around 20 points short of Celtic.  Explain what that has to do with winning the league.

Stalker :lol:  

Were gaining 17 points on Aberdeen and Killie to finish third if it wasn’t for injuries? Same Killie who lost Stewart in January and Jones faded away after a pca in January also, guess what?  They didn’t completely fall apart.  

Calebs Grandad

IF Craig Levein could sell what the clubs trying to achieve and Moyes bought into it then it would be an excellent appointment for us. He may not have had much success with them but he managed Man Utd less than 6 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

??

Fixed That For You. From got a link to got a line. You had to be there I suppose?

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

moyes-cropped_1bsrw5bcdreb21rzimsc0adkad.jpg

Thanks for that.

That’s the first time I’ve seen Moyes smiling.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thanks for that.

That’s the first time I’ve seen Moyes smiling.

And ****ing disturbing it is too.

Perth to Paisley
34 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

IF Craig Levein could sell what the clubs trying to achieve and Moyes bought into it then it would be an excellent appointment for us. He may not have had much success with them but he managed Man Utd less than 6 years ago. 

He was originally given a 6 year contract at Man Utd which is probably just about to expire! 

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Were gaining 17 points on Aberdeen and Killie to finish third if it wasn’t for injuries? Same Killie who lost Stewart in January and Jones faded away after a pca in January also, guess what?  They didn’t completely fall apart.  

5/6 wins, yes I think so. 

I think we'll make that up next season 

Many games were marginal. 

We made  that on hibs the season past (or there abouts) 

I could be wrong but we actually gained ground on hibs and Aberdeen, despite the poor season. 

The point about not falling apart is a different issue and I agree a concern. 

The point about getting better results with our better players available is a fair opinion to have. 

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We did improve and we certainly never went backwards. 

It's a simple fact. 

Not even up for debate. 

We fell further behind the top 2.

This was in a very poor league.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We fell further behind the top 2.

This was in a very poor league.

:random:

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Naismith, Adam, Gordon, Mcgennis, Walker, Milinkovic and Cletus have not been unveiled in a Suprise press conference today. 

Instead we had another announcement of progress under CL. The mother of all signing f*ckups with Vanacek leaving now. Next question is which useless carthorse will CL and his entourage bring in to play alongside that other carthorse Uche? Desperate dan maybe!. When I think back to the number of great forwards we have had over the years and now we have hoofball and you call it progress. Bizarre!

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Where's the Moyes chat coming from?

Its not, shite rumour made up by Hibs.net tubes.

Not that the thread is about Moyes, back to squabbling over easy cup runs, CL of course and progress/lack of progress last season. 

Pretty much the the same as every other thread on here.

Captain America

Doubt this is a real rumour but think he would be a good appointment for us if we had a vacancy.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Prof said:

Instead we had another announcement of progress under CL. The mother of all signing f*ckups with Vanacek leaving now. Next question is which useless carthorse will CL and his entourage bring in to play alongside that other carthorse Uche? Desperate dan maybe!. When I think back to the number of great forwards we have had over the years and now we have hoofball and you call it progress. Bizarre!

Nah I call

More points in the league v last season, or if you want we'll go with 6th v 6th.

And 

Lc group stage v lc semi final

And

Sc qf v sc final 

I call that progress season on season. 

I call What you just posted a big dirty emotional mess. 

Interestingly, if you google David Moyes a link to a Killie article comes up. Perhaps Moyes is just looking for a job. Financially, he's set for life, so you'd need to hope that the prospect of getting time and resources to build success is tempting. He's never going to get a top 4 job again and will likely be confined to midtable clubs when they realise their current manager is pish (to then bin Moyes in the summer to restart again( rinse and repeat)). 

I'd love to see us get him. Heres an interesting question, if it was the difference between getting him and his team or not, would you be agreeable to the FOH part funding his wage? (for arguments sake lets say 50/50). 

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Did I say 3rd?  I'm not the least interested in Kilmarnock - we're talking about the great HMFC!   Or at least I was but you keep trying to shift the argument until you get to a point where you are nearer to being right.  I said 2 places comfortably.

Once you get back to night school for your arithmetic revision you'll be able to work out that means comfortably 4th - NOT 3rd nor winning the league.

Try another angle, STALKER.

Edited by JamboAl

22 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah I call

More points in the league v last season, or if you want we'll go with 6th v 6th.

And 

Lc group stage v lc semi final

And

Sc qf v sc final 

I call that progress season on season. 

I call What you just posted a big dirty emotional mess. 

Think you are trying to hard to justify your bizarre theory. RN brought progress. Spin it whatever way you can but CL hasn’t.