So David Moyes

pointon

2 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Kickback cracks me up, you click on the link with shear excitement that there could be a glimpse of truth that David Moyes is coming even though deep down you know there is no chance, and what do you see??

Folk saying no thanks?? I mean really!! Who are these folk and what expectation have they of Hearts?

Will be the same folk that were saying no to Charlie Adam last year. Oh how we could have done with Adam in the middle of the park. 

So no to Moyes, no to Adam! 

Mourinho and Llanna better be getting shown round Riccarton or the scarf is getting bonfired!!!!!!!

It's just a safety mechanism. People say "no thanks" to the most high profile names simply because, when it's eventually shown up to be absolute nonsense, they can smugly say, "not bothered, never wanted him anyway". 

The world still turns. 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• Jammy T

• Gambo

A_A wehatethehibs
42 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There's lots of people who have managed at the 'top level' that folk on here would happily say no to, including those acting all outraged at the idea people are saying no to Moyes.

Since Everton he's got a dismal record so I can see where people are coming from. 

Just because he's got some top gigs off the back of one successful post doesn't mean he's a great manager.

Maybe you’re trolling but that’s as clueless about football as it gets IMO. This is Hearts you are talking about, non- old firm Scottish football ? 

Compare his managerial career to Craig Levein, Neil Lennon, Derek Mcinnes. All similar ages to Moyes but how does their careers compare? Light years above anyone in Scotland. 

The surprise to me is that Celtic never went for him. If Lennon gets off to a bad start next season I expect they will go for him if he’s still available.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

gorgieheart

Gawd, some amount of boredom sets in when the season is over !

Moyes to the Jambo's....

Whats next  ?    New technical team of Hugo Agogo and Yosemite Sam  ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Continuity after a couple of seasons of mediocrity with Fergie saw Man Utd more than ok and possibly deprived us of being part of the ‘big 3’ in Scottish football.

Short term-ism in football is what is killing Man U at the moment.....

I don’t expect the bog standard football fan to understand this.

Yip 

And the crucial thing is, despite a dissapointing season we did actually improve v last season. A thing most of the rabid CL out posters completely dismiss. 

We also have a good spine after the Cathro disaster. 

Short term-ism  is just human nature. 

Look at the world.

Takes a measured head to look forward and patience to deal with short term set backs. Not a football fan attribute. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Maybe you’re trolling but that’s as clueless about football as it gets IMO. This is Hearts you are talking about, non- old firm Scottish football ? 

Compare his managerial career to Craig Levein, Neil Lennon, Derek Mcinnes. All similar ages to Moyes but how does their careers compare? Light years above anyone in Scotland. 

The surprise to me is that Celtic never went for him. If Lennon gets off to a bad start next season I expect they will go for him if he’s still available.

Not a patch on Clarke tho.... 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

About equal I’d say to where Clarke was pre-Killie. Both very experienced at the highest level and both a huge asset for any Scottish club compared to some of the dross players & managers who make their careers at Scottish football level. You are talking a different stratosphere of the game with guys like Moyes and Clarke. Clarke has showed what happens when you put top level coaching in place at a Scottish club. 

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip 

And the crucial thing is, despite a dissapointing season we did actually improve v last season. A thing most of the rabid CL out posters completely dismiss. 

We also have a good spine after the Cathro disaster. 

Short term-ism  is just human nature. 

Look at the world.

Takes a measured head to look forward and patience to deal with short term set backs. Not a football fan attribute. 

You don’t have to be a rabid anti CL poster to realise that we went backwards last season. Just remember the embarrassing number of empty season ticket seats and the groans followed by silence at the home games as the season went on. As for short term that’s exactly what’s happening with talk of a great academy yet we continue to bring in clapped out players instead.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Prof said:

You don’t have to be a rabid anti CL poster to realise that we went backwards last season. Just remember the embarrassing number of empty season ticket seats and the groans followed by silence at the home games as the season went on. As for short term that’s exactly what’s happening with talk of a great academy yet we continue to bring in clapped out players instead.

We never went backwards. 

More points. 

Further in the lc

Further in the sc

We went backwards last season... 

Flickr_Mythbuster_TVScreen_800px.png

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

About equal I’d say to where Clarke was pre-Killie. Both very experienced at the highest level and both a huge asset for any Scottish club compared to some of the dross players & managers who make their careers at Scottish football level. You are talking a different stratosphere of the game with guys like Moyes and Clarke. Clarke has showed what happens when you put top level coaching in place at a Scottish club. 

Moyes is equal with Clarke pre Killie...

3406489.jpg

Robbo-Jambo
11 hours ago, pointon said:

He was at parkhead for Celtic v Hearts last game of the season it was not Celtic he was watching 

What a ridiculous comment. 

He was just staring at maroon shirts then and closed his eyes when Celtic had the ball. ?

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Moyes is equal with Clarke pre Killie...

3406489.jpg

Clarke only ever had 1 good season as manager in England, when he finished 8th with West Brom. (Moyes has finished better than 8th about 7 or 8 times in his career). Clarke was then sacked by West Brom the next season, they ended up relegated. Then he went to Reading and got sacked there after a year. 

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Take him in a heartbeat, he would do for us what Burley did in 2005.

No he wouldn't. 

Wouldnt have the cash to offer mental wages like we did back then. 

Who_put_the_ball_in...

What time are we announcing Moyes?can’t wait to see him with the scarf above his head. What an opportunity for the guy we will learn loads being mentored by CL. 

1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

It was actually 1-3 reverse forecasts, but you're 100% on everything else ?

?? so close yet so far! 

£50 on moyes to be sacked by Xmas 

Jambo 4 Ever
53 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Kickback cracks me up, you click on the link with shear excitement that there could be a glimpse of truth that David Moyes is coming even though deep down you know there is no chance, and what do you see??

Folk saying no thanks?? I mean really!! Who are these folk and what expectation have they of Hearts?

Will be the same folk that were saying no to Charlie Adam last year. Oh how we could have done with Adam in the middle of the park. 

So no to Moyes, no to Adam! 

Mourinho and Llanna better be getting shown round Riccarton or the scarf is getting bonfired!!!!!!!

what is the source of this ridiculous rumour though?

Rumour that his press conference is going to start with him marching into the studio singing Hello, Hello, I am the Gorgie Moyes.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Clarke only ever had 1 good season as manager in England, when he finished 8th with West Brom. (Moyes has finished better than 8th about 7 or 8 times in his career). Clarke was then sacked by West Brom the next season, they ended up relegated. Then he went to Reading and got sacked there after a year. 

Wires crossed I think. 

Moyes would be a massive appointment. 

It won't be happening this year tho. 

4 minutes ago, Haken said:

Rumour that his press conference is going to start with him marching into the studio singing Hello, Hello, I am the Gorgie Moyes.

:rofl: 

9 minutes ago, Haken said:

???

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Haken said:

??

Not good enough for Man U.

Means, not good enough for Hearts. 

Case closed. 

37 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We never went backwards. 

More points. 

Further in the lc

Further in the sc

We went backwards last season... 

Flickr_Mythbuster_TVScreen_800px.png

More points by 2 but lost more matches in the league.  

Staying 6th in the table isn’t progress. The conditions of every season are different and the team needs to respond to keep up with other clubs above them at the time. 

There’ll be seasons we’ve finished with lower points in third place compared to other times we finished top 3 but it meant we did enough to do so.  

23 minutes ago, Haken said:

:lol: Thats no bad ?

24 minutes ago, Haken said:

Like it!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

High percentage chance, anyone exposed to the high octane atmosphere and pressure of the EPL has picked up enough to crucify most managers in the SPL.

Rodgers certainly handed the league its arse for 18 months at least, performance levels may have been beginning to dip, but there are reasons why that would be.

However, I get why people wouldn't be excited about Moyes. There is something about him that would drive you way, more likely to be his personal qualities than his football knowledge though

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Haken said:

You cant stop at one line, whole verse please :)

1 hour ago, Prof said:

#fakenews

FFS.

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Clarke was a good fit and the planets lined up for him....!

16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Staying 6th in the table isn’t progress. The conditions of every season are different and the team needs to respond to keep up with other clubs above them at the time. 

There’ll be seasons we’ve finished with lower points in third place compared to other times we finished top 3 but it meant we did enough to do so.  

More points is progress - not great but don’t ignore the injury/heart attack back drop for God’s sake.

A semi-final and cup final is massive progress compared with the last few years particularly when Everyman and his dog is saying the cups are our only chance of silverware and Levein can’t get anywhere in the cups.

And don’t sprout the ‘easy draw’ pish.

3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I wouldn't let it bother you mate.  I've come to accept that there is no such thing as a decent debate on here as every thread is constantly derailed by alternative agendas or just posters who know jack shit about football.

I do wonder how some posters are able to function in their everyday lives.

Post of the month so far.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Haken said:

:yas:

:lol: 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Progress is progress. 

Where there is enough progress and what is the best way forward has always and always will be the question. 

Those that constantly post, going backwards etc are just simply wrong in this case. 

It's a simple point and tbh I understand the debate and folks concern but when the rabid posters bang on about no progress under CL, Budge etc they need to get themselves sorted before blasting away furiously and talking pish. 

gorgieheart
Just now, Des Lynam said:

Moyes is at Riccarton......

Not unless he has been seriously sunbathing and taken to wearing what looks like tracky bottoms   ....  ?

Next time we are slagging off our Edinburgh neighbours we have to remember threads like this from ourselves. Mental.

Hope its true. I men Moyes at Hearts. :jjyay:

When will we see scarf above the head pics???? Until then I will file in "maybe no maybe aye".

7 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Next time we are slagging off our Edinburgh neighbours we have to remember threads like this from ourselves. Mental.

When you consider that this rumour was actually started by some posters from Trampyscum.net, then you get a little more perspective. The comments themselves on here are virtually all dismissive of the veracity of the rumour, and it's just an excuse for a bit of a discussion.

58 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You cant stop at one line, whole verse please :)

Hello,Hello I am the Gorgie Moyes,

Hello,Hello I am the big surprise,

I'm here to bring the glory back and fill the stands with noise,

For I really am the Gorgie Moyes.

(Bored at lunch at work).

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Whats yer sauce?

Heard a few times from different people don’t know how much stock is in it but thought I would put it out there 

Finlay James
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Of which you are a prime example.

Maybe some posters have different opinions from you? It happens.

?

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Heard a few times from different people don’t know how much stock is in it but thought I would put it out there 

Fair enough. Love a bit of juicy gossip masel likes.....

2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Wasn’t the PM board of Hibs.net by any chance was it mate? Are you an infiltrator on there too? ?

7 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Wow, did he see Craig Gordon? :wow:

No but he had a chat and a coffee with Charlie Adam.