• Beast Boy

• Jammy T

• Gambo

37 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Moyes was an Epl manager last year. 

Moyes would be massive Ffs. 

Folk need to get a grip on reality... 

Moyes would be meh. 

Conte, on another thread apparently plays hoofball! 

Guys like Mcgennis not good enough. 

What are folks expectations of us? The last few weeks have been an eye opener. 

Moyes ex Everton, man utd, Valencia (or real socidad (sp) and west ham manager in the last 5 years... Nah... 

Also, some folk stroking themselves into a frenzy over Killie appointing a coach that is semi retired and never managed on his own and probably couldn't find Scotland on a map, never mind Kilmarnock. 

It's like the twilight zone on here. 

This!

Iirc the West Ham fans were all for keeping him, did a decent job there.

Finlay James
12 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It's crazy. 

Moyes just isn't an unrealistic target, he's one that folk are saying no thanks too! 

Conte playing hoofball is a belter too. 

Folk in previous debates have also brought up Liverpool and the likes, as you say it  really shades light on the way they think and why Hearts make them so unhappy. 

The "press all the time" tactic and you win was a belter as well. It works sometimes so why not do it all the time. 

Still no answer to the question of what if both teams do it? 

Once I go on holiday, I think it's time for a break from here. 

It's ****ing of the wall bat shit crazy atm. 

I wouldn't let it bother you mate.  I've come to accept that there is no such thing as a decent debate on here as every thread is constantly derailed by alternative agendas or just posters who know jack shit about football.

I do wonder how some posters are able to function in their everyday lives.

kingantti1874

First of all ! surely this is nonsense..

secondly, If it isn’t nonsense and you think it’s be a bad move, delete your account and sign up for a netball forum or something, it’s over for you! Your opinion is so worthless you’d be better of changing sport .. 

heartsfc_fan

Moyes would be a massive appointment. Massive.

Yes he's got some making up to do, but his record at Everton was brilliant. West Ham, he didn't do too badly

Wages would be a concern though.

What I actually find more tedious than highly unlikely rumours being discussed, is this attitude towards people discussing them. I don’t think anybody realistically thinks we are about to reveal David Moyes as our next manager, but in the absence of anything actually happening of late, it’s something to talk about. It’s the sort of topic that helps you get a good idea about how people’s minds work, and that can be useful for future discussions, and maybe help prevent bunfights. For example, those who would turn their nose up at Moyes if he was miraculously a target for the manager’s position; I read that and I know that in future when I discuss something with that poster, I am going to most likely be poles apart from them on pretty much any subject.

There’s plenty topics on here that are unrealistic and many more that are nigh on impossible. Spending £20 million on Hearts. Travelling back in time to assemble a squad of Hearts legends in to a team, and discussing how it would perform. It’s just harmless musing and it generates a bit of chat when there’s nothing coming out of the club to talk about. Harmless and inoffensive. 

Having to caveat every post on an unrealistic topic with “it’s not going to happen, but... “ is tedious in the extreme, and you would think most people would get that it was implied anyway.

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Rhyst93 said:

Seen moyes in rosyth coral yesterday with levein eating a vegan sasuage roll throwing 50 notes at trap 3

Pics?

Who_put_the_ball_in...

The sh*te people on here make up to get attention is unbelievable. Me me look at me 

The Old Tolbooth
30 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

secondly, If it isn’t nonsense and you think it’s be a bad move, delete your account and sign up for a netball forum or something, it’s over for you! Your opinion is so worthless you’d be better of changing sport .. 

That's exactly where I'm at too! 

I genuinely can't believe that if Moyes was some sort of option (highly unlikely I know), that they'd be turning their noses up at him :lol: 

Aye, let's stick with the Cathro's, Neilson's, washed up Levien's, and talk about appointing Neil McCann instead :rofl: 

This place is just crazy at times, I'd look out for the men in white coats coming to take some of you lot away :lol: 

So now Moyes has come in, hopefully we can get some crash hot players from Man Utd and Everton on loan.

Tremendous.

Thanks to Craig for everything you have done over the years.

I didn't mention it at the time as I just thought "Aye, nae bother", but a Falkirk fan in my work said to me about 6 weeks ago that he'd heard that Moyes would be replacing Levein before next season started.

I didn't take it any further as I can't be arsed with the boy and I thought that the idea was ludicrous.

Still do tbh.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

So now Moyes has come in, hopefully we can get some crash hot players from Man Utd and Everton on loan.

Tremendous.

Thanks to Craig for everything you have done over the years.

I’ll be disappointed if Chong isn’t tearing up the wing next season now. I’ll be watching from my seat in a newly filled corner. 

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Or unless you take a longer term approach. 

Continuity after a couple of seasons of mediocrity with Fergie saw Man Utd more than ok and possibly deprived us of being part of the ‘big 3’ in Scottish football.

Short term-ism in football is what is killing Man U at the moment.....

I don’t expect the bog standard football fan to understand this.

Are we suggesting that a big name like Moyes is coming in and there has been no word about this in the media and it's the best kept secret ever, But a Falkirk fan at somebody's work found out weeks ago and plenty of others on KB know about it. FFS.

36 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What I actually find more tedious than highly unlikely rumours being discussed, is this attitude towards people discussing them. I don’t think anybody realistically thinks we are about to reveal David Moyes as our next manager, but in the absence of anything actually happening of late, it’s something to talk about. It’s the sort of topic that helps you get a good idea about how people’s minds work, and that can be useful for future discussions, and maybe help prevent bunfights. For example, those who would turn their nose up at Moyes if he was miraculously a target for the manager’s position; I read that and I know that in future when I discuss something with that poster, I am going to most likely be poles apart from them on pretty much any subject.

There’s plenty topics on here that are unrealistic and many more that are nigh on impossible. Spending £20 million on Hearts. Travelling back in time to assemble a squad of Hearts legends in to a team, and discussing how it would perform. It’s just harmless musing and it generates a bit of chat when there’s nothing coming out of the club to talk about. Harmless and inoffensive. 

Having to caveat every post on an unrealistic topic with “it’s not going to happen, but... “ is tedious in the extreme, and you would think most people would get that it was implied anyway.

Inclined to agree mate, I also think it's a nice breather before reality kicks in. The rest of the summer will be about keeping Souttar and debating the realities of signing English lower divison strikers in the hope that we can turn their careers around! 

A_A wehatethehibs

He will get another short term premier league job when one of the “we want to be a good footballing team and get top 6” managers wheels comes off in November-December, 7 or 8 games without a win, can’t win home games, relegation looms.

It will happen to at least 2 or 3 teams out of: Brighton, Watford, Southampton, Leicester, Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Wolves. He would earn 10x anything Hearts could offer in a “relegation avoided” bonus.

But it is possible he has made enough cash and fancies a new challenge. Or maybe The Benefactor would finance it. 

One things for sure, it would be a sensational appointment for the young players at Hearts who want to reach the top level. Bring the top level to Hearts.

It’s a big miss for the young players in this country to have a top class coach like Moyes sitting around on sidelines not passing on his knowledge to the lads who play in Scotland, as Stevie Clarke has done. 

Doubt it’s happening but there are a limited amount of managers jobs at a top level. If you are out of a job, it’s harder to get back in. If you are out for longer, it’s harder.  If you were sacked it’s even harder. 

Sometimes, taking a step back and doing a good job at a lower level can bring you back into consideration. 

Not many opportunities out there where you could join a team in the top division of the nation who are significantly below the place they should be with very strong infrastructure. 

He’s made pots of money over the years and currently not earning. Salary may not be that relevant to him. 

Not as ridiculous a call as some might think? 

scott herbertson

If there's a surprise Shelley Kerr would be a better bet. There would be a good reason why the announcement would be delayed in that case.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

If there's a surprise Shelley Kerr would be a better bet. There would be a good reason why the announcement would be delayed in that case.

? I’ll crack the jokes..

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

I wouldn't let it bother you mate.  I've come to accept that there is no such thing as a decent debate on here as every thread is constantly derailed by alternative agendas or just posters who know jack shit about football.

I do wonder how some posters are able to function in their everyday lives.

Of which you are a prime example.

Maybe some posters have different opinions from you? It happens.

9 hours ago, BangkokHearts said:

Managed at the very top level and folk saying no thanks?

Unreal.

Probs the same people shouting for Shelley Kerr as our next womanager

:facepalm:

Us thinking Moyes would come to us is up their with the tramps from the west thinking mourinho or rafa would take the hot seat there.

9 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Not another failed National team coach....

There's lots of people who have managed at the 'top level' that folk on here would happily say no to, including those acting all outraged at the idea people are saying no to Moyes.

Since Everton he's got a dismal record so I can see where people are coming from. 

Just because he's got some top gigs off the back of one successful post doesn't mean he's a great manager.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There's lots of people who have managed at the 'top level' that folk on here would happily say no to, including those acting all outraged at the idea people are saying no to Moyes.

Since Everton he's got a dismal record so I can see where people are coming from. 

Just because he's got some top gigs off the back of one successful post doesn't mean he's a great manager.

Totally agree. He seems to have done worse and worse. Steve Brucedom beckons......

Where has this rumour appeared from? 

We don't have a vacant management position.

8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Completely different context.

Moyes has been EPL.  He will want back there ASAP - he isn’t getting any younger.

We want some form of continuity 

Doubt he will work with a peer of his as a DOF.

So we’d be ripping up the entire structure we have been working to and is working in particular at the youth levels with a number of exciting players close to breaking through.

His teams also played pretty shite football for the money he had to spend.

None of it works for us IMO

I get what you’re saying but Clarke would of left as soon as he got another opportunity, in fact he pretty much did.

Whether we like it or not our league isn’t the pinnacle of football and we have to admit that there will be players and managers who will go on to higher levels.

In regards to your comments about a director of football it’s fairly common for managers to have director of footballs down south. Do I know if he worked under any when he was there, honestly I couldn’t tell you. However in the context of us there’s no evidence that this model is working. I don’t believe we’re seeing more young players than we would normally break into the first team.

In regards to style of play you may have more of a point but I wouldn’t say his teams were particularly bad to watch, specifically his Everton team and latterly West Ham.

This isn’t me saying that I want him as manager I’m just pointing out that he would be a massive coup, more so than the new Kilmarnock manager and Clarke when he was brought in.

Edited by Mr Rabbit

Jamboscanbevicius

We will find out soon enough... Banderson will be all over this trying to get a response from Moyes (which will be no comment, there’s no vacancy) to spin an “exclusive” !

Not that this would ever happen of course but David Moyes would be an outstanding appointment for us.

I can't believe that there would be any Hearts supporter who wouldn't welcome his appointment with open arms and great enthusiasm. 

1 hour ago, Rhyst93 said:

Seen moyes in rosyth coral yesterday with levein eating a vegan sasuage roll throwing 50 notes at trap 3

It was actually 1-3 reverse forecasts, but you're 100% on everything else ?

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Moyes would be a massive appointment. Massive.

Yes he's got some making up to do, but his record at Everton was brilliant. West Ham, he didn't do too badly

Wages would be a concern though.

Not just his wages . He would be wanting to sign players more in keeping with the standard he is used to which means wages of at least English Championship standard.

We couldn't possibly afford that but if he was willing to work within our budget go for it by all means.

The comment about him watching us against Celtic is he not a Celtic fan and was probably just there to watch his boyhood team ?

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

This is me.

Probably bullshit however; IF its true (and its a really really really BIG IF), then it would be a fantastic appointment by our club and a real statement of intent.

OK he didn't do very well at Man U but it was always going to be a hard gig following Sir Alex but hey, HE MANAGED MANCHESTER UNITED.

Think of the contacts this guy has!

If its remotely true I'm balls deep in!

If not, its an amusing distraction for a Monday.

Have it on good authority that certain scamps (tramps) from Hibs.net started this rumour, as some sort of wind-up. Bizarre thing to do in the extreme really. Must be able to count on one finger the amount of posters who actually believe it is/could happen(ing). The rest of the thread is just folk discussing the Hearts job and where Moyes is now at as a manager.

Strange lot really. ?

merseyjambo

For anyone that says no chance, does anyone think that Killies last 2 appointments were possible?????

In all honestly I’m torn on this one. Some of his performances at home were incredible. He had Everton as a very hard working high tempo team. He liked his physical striker up front. Down side is that a majority of his performances across Stanley Park against the RS or MRS were like CL at Parkhead or Ibrox. 

Major plus point would be his contacts and ability to source loan signings and permanent ones would be much better than what we currently have

Brighton Jambo
3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Actual Hearts fans saying no to David Moyes ? 

I know it’s too ridiculous for words.  

Hearst fans thinking David Moyes isn’t a good appointment... WAKE THE F&@K UP.  

I am extremely sceptical about this being correct.

But it's amusing to discover how many wouldn't want him. Whatever next? People thinking that Djoum is never a footballer? 

We're in talks with Everton about taking a young striker on loan, could be a connection? 

For those of you that are undecided if he would be good or not. Don't worry about it. It's just made up nonsense.

Kickback cracks me up, you click on the link with shear excitement that there could be a glimpse of truth that David Moyes is coming even though deep down you know there is no chance, and what do you see??

Folk saying no thanks?? I mean really!! Who are these folk and what expectation have they of Hearts?

Will be the same folk that were saying no to Charlie Adam last year. Oh how we could have done with Adam in the middle of the park. 

So no to Moyes, no to Adam! 

Mourinho and Llanna better be getting shown round Riccarton or the scarf is getting bonfired!!!!!!!