So David Moyes

pointon

Folk think we improved last season.?

We have went from 5th to 6th to 6th.

Wether the Craig Levein FC fans like it or not we got a free run to the final which we nearly blew.

Last season was supposed to be the season of no excuses, I think they used every excuse known.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• Jammy T

• Gambo

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Wether the Craig Levein FC fans like it or not we got a free run to the final which we nearly blew.

Last season was supposed to be the season of no excuses, I think they used every excuse known.

We’ve done better in all three competitions. What’s your definition of improvement?

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Maybe you’re trolling but that’s as clueless about football as it gets IMO. This is Hearts you are talking about, non- old firm Scottish football ? 

Compare his managerial career to Craig Levein, Neil Lennon, Derek Mcinnes. All similar ages to Moyes but how does their careers compare? Light years above anyone in Scotland. 

The surprise to me is that Celtic never went for him. If Lennon gets off to a bad start next season I expect they will go for him if he’s still available.

So you're saying he is a great manager at the top level and that his spells since Everton haven't been pretty dire?

I didn't pass any judgement of my thoughts on him as potential Hearts manager; simply that there are plenty of managers who have managed at the 'top' who people would not want at Hearts. It's not enough to automatically make someone a good candidate. Same goes for players. 

"Not sure about (insert name)"

"Haha idiot/troll they're amazing because EPL/La Liga/Serie A"

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

So you're saying he is a great manager at the top level and that his spells since Everton haven't been pretty dire?

I didn't pass any judgement of my thoughts on him as potential Hearts manager; simply that there are plenty of managers who have managed at the 'top' who people would not want at Hearts. It's not enough to automatically make someone a good candidate. Same goes for players. 

"Not sure about (insert name)"

"Haha idiot/troll they're amazing because EPL/La Liga/Serie A"

What other managers with EPL & La Liga experience would folk not want as Hearts manager? Out of interest.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What other managers with EPL & La Liga experience would folk not want as Hearts manager? Out of interest.

Chris Coleman.

gorgieheart
10 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Just seen Moyes waiting for service at Sainsbos Murrayfield. :vrwow:

Cafe  ?  Petrol Station or check-outs  ???... or at the cigarette desk ?  

gorgieheart
39 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Wow, did he see Craig Gordon? :wow:

naw, big craig was at Tynie !    

3 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

Bring fellani with him or :bolt:

Bolt's pish. Didn't you watch Soccer Aid last night?!

Telford_jambo123
Just now, Craig_ said:

He would struggle to do the 100m under an hour under the current regime 

2 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

?

He scored though...

gorgieheart
1 minute ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

He would struggle to do the 100m under an hour under the current regime 

Aye ok...

what a weird comment  !

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, mcphantom said:

Chris Coleman.

Would also be a fantastic appointment for Hearts. Did very well at Wales and Fulham. 

Jambo 4 Ever
17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gullit Lounge for this one!

do those sub forums even get used any more?

Jambo 4 Ever
24 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

lots of lies today!

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Would also be a fantastic appointment for Hearts. Did very well at Wales and Fulham. 

Wasn't particularly good at Sunderland however. Or in Spain. Or in China. Or on that Netflix doc.

GorgieFifeLife
27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Di Matteo

Pulis

Mark Hughes

Steve Bruce

In fact too many to list and that's before we even look at La Liga.  The fact that they were once managing at that level is irrelevant especially as a lot failed or were on the " jobs for the boys" merry go round.

I’ve no idea if any of this is true or shite. Regardless of that, there are people on here who are saying they don’t want Moyes because he’s not proven. Or shite. Or a Celtic man. Absolutely staggering. People’s heads are so far up Leveins arse, it’s not true. Makes you a laughing stock. 

Hectormasson
14 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I don’t believe this for one minute - fits with nothing we have been working towards.

I’d be disappointed with this.

He’d be sniffing around the Celtic job as soon as Lennon gets the wobbles and back down south within a year if he is half decent.

Will have no loyalty to us at all.

Totally agree with your comment,,, albeit we need a new manager,and has to be of a certain pedigree ie Moyes, burley etc if we are to improve  to a top 3/4 side.....

gorgieheart
1 minute ago, Hercules said:

I’ve no idea if any of this is true or shite. Regardless of that, there are people on here who are saying they don’t want Moyes because he’s not proven. Or shite. Or a Celtic man. Absolutely staggering. People’s heads are so far up Leveins arse, it’s not true. Makes you a laughing stock. 

Not sure how saying that Moyes isnt wanted automatically means that your noggin is inserted into CL's back passage.

Care to elaborate ? 

56 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Apart from you screwing around with facts you’re a guy that wanted Robbie out so what the **** do you know about anything?

46 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We’ve done better in all three competitions. What’s your definition of improvement?

Levein leaving the club. Simple. That for Gambo would be progress no matter what happened thereafter.

Not without him cuddling him for a photo first with a knife in his hand round the back though....

33 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Must have got the bus down from the Oriam for some scran. 

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Di Matteo

Pulis

Mark Hughes

Steve Bruce

In fact too many to list and that's before we even look at La Liga.  The fact that they were once managing at that level is irrelevant especially as a lot failed or were on the " jobs for the boys" merry go round.

You've clearly no perception of how hard it is to manage in England. Rodgers, McInnes and Lennon all sacked down south but had varying levels of success in Scotland. All four of those managers would be excellent appointments.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Syd said:

So I’m late to the party here but what is the source of this information/rumour?

Sy

I asked already but no one seems to know

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Nearly blew the "free run" in the cup? Like nearly blowing the easiest final any team has ever had vs Gretna in 06 by taking it to pens? Or nearly blowing the easy run in the early rounds in 2012 by scraping past Auchinleck and needing replays vs St Johnstone and St Mirren?

I don't remember excuses last season, just some cast iron facts around the biggest injury crisis any of us have ever seen at Hearts.

Some folk are so blind by their dislike of Levein they can't think clearly.

Anyhow, on the remote chance this rumour is true, I'm a yes for Davie Moyes. Unikely he'll work for the sub 200k salary on offer at Hearts though.

Edited by Guest

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Drugs/Hibs.net.

More chance of finding someone sober on Hibs.Net than finding Moyes at Tynecastle!

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Still finished 6th, out of Europe and won fk all. Same as season before. Dreadful to watch, same as season before.

22 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Apart from you screwing around with facts you’re a guy that wanted Robbie out so what the **** do you know about anything?

It was Robbies time to go. Levein had shat on him by then.

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nearly blew the "free run" in the cup? Like nearly blowing the easiest final any team has ever had vs Gretna in 06 by taking it to pens? Or nearly blowing the easy run in the early rounds in 2012 by scraping past Auchinleck and needing replays vs St Johnstone and St Mirren?

I don't remember excuses last season, just some cast iron facts around the biggest injury crisis any of us have ever seen at Hearts.

Some folk are so blind by their dislike of Levein they can't think clearly.

Anyhow, on the remote chance this rumour is true, I'm a yes for Davie Moyes. Unikely he'll work for the sub 200k salary on offer at Hearts though.

What did Levein have to do with Gretna or Auchinlech first time around? By the way, we went on to win those cups.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What did Levein have to do with Gretna or Auchinlech first time around? By the way, we went on to win those cups.

This idea of a "free run" in the cup doesn't wash with me. We've been knocked out or nearly knocked out by the types of clubs we played before Celtic this year plenty times. That's why it was only our 15th SC final in our history.

By all means don't like Levein or whatever but belittling the achievement of getting to a cup final seems pretty shan.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Still finished 6th, out of Europe and won fk all. Same as season before. Dreadful to watch, same as season before.

You can’t just create your own subjective parameters and use those to claim a lack of progress.

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Progress is progress. 

Where there is enough progress and what is the best way forward has always and always will be the question. 

Those that constantly post, going backwards etc are just simply wrong in this case. 

It's a simple point and tbh I understand the debate and folks concern but when the rabid posters bang on about no progress under CL, Budge etc they need to get themselves sorted before blasting away furiously and talking pish. 

There is plenty of progress under AB but none under CL. Progress is not getting horsed in the CL, winning the SC and getting into the top 3 in the SPL. 

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

#fakenews

FFS.

Never read so much garbage in a long time. Did you actually go to many games last season? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Looked utterly clueless and slated by his players at Sunderland. Jolly nice chap though who was friendly with the cooks

34 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You can’t just create your own subjective parameters and use those to claim a lack of progress.

6th was unnaceptable the previous season I don't see how finishing 6th again is progress, but bash on.

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

6th is below what Budge said our target was. So that's a failure. 

Target is an aim not a promise.

If we fail someone should be held to account unless there are mitigating factors - such as serious longish term injuries to our most influential players, many at the same time.  Without these I reckon we would have been comfortably at least 2 places higher.

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Target is an aim not a promise.

If we fail someone should be held to account unless there are mitigating factors - such as serious longish term injuries to our most influential players, many at the same time.  Without these I reckon we would have been comfortably at least 2 places higher.

Yep.  Without injuries definitely would have won the league mate.   Hopefully nobody gets injured next season and every other teams don’t deal with the injuries they get and the title is on.    Can you imagine the utter dread of Naismith gets injured early on next season, it will just be a complete write off for some with the manager blameless because our players got injured.  The fact is we didn’t deal with the injuries one single bit the drop down the table was absolutely alarming and even when most players fit the football was shit and aimless without no sort of strategy until the cup final.  Let’s hope we have an actual squad of players coming up and not squad fillers. 

Season before was becsuse it wasnt leveins team taking over the August beginning of the season. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Brighton Jambo
22 minutes ago, Gambo said:

6th was unnaceptable the previous season I don't see how finishing 6th again is progress, but bash on.

Answer the following questions honestly:

1.  Is reaching the semi final of the league cup better than being knocked out in the group stages?

2.  Is reaching a cup final (our first in 7 years) better then being knocked out in the quarter finals?

I get it, league position was disappointing, quality of football has been poor but to say that this season we didn't make progress compared to the previous season is just plainly incorrect.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Mr Elwood P
23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

6th is bang average. The cup runs made up for a poor league season, from my perspective. Hopefully we can combine the cup form and early season league form this coming season. 

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yep.  Without injuries definitely would have won the league mate. 

My smart arse stalker strikes again.

Did I say we would definitely win the league or did you just make that up?

If we had finished just 2 or 3 places higher we would still have been around 20 points short of Celtic.  Explain what that has to do with winning the league.

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

1.  Is reaching the semi final of the league cup better than being knocked out in the group stages?

2.  Is reaching a cup final (our first in 7 years) better then being knocked out in the quarter finals?

I get it, league position was disappointing, quality of football has been poor but to say that this season we didn't make progress compared to the previous season is just plainly incorrect.

If I was an Inverness fan I'd probably accept this is progress.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, mcphantom said:

Wasn't particularly good at Sunderland however. Or in Spain. Or in China. Or on that Netflix doc.

This 

10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

League position is where you are judged. Simple as that. 

Cup runs can be random and many factors contributing to a good or bad run.

If we didn’t do well in the cups, would you have still enjoyed the season? (Assuming you did) Like yourself I’ve seen us go out the cups early many times over the years but still enjoyed the campaign because we were strong in the league. 

It wasn’t enjoyable last season but staying in the cup kept us interested and with hope. Normally finishing top 3 means you’ve watched good matches, good players and results. Finishing 6th means the opposite most of the time. 

We reached an objective of making a final which I was delighted about but it was a tough gig last season 

Edited by Debut 4