I need to rant - Bloody love Island

Col1874

Please get that utter shit off our Tv's. 

Our wifes, girlfriend, partners or whatever all seem to watch it and make us have to suffer it in the background - I get an absolute anger rage whenever I hear "I'VE GOT A TEEEEXT" 

And that Scottish narrator.... Please stop speaking. 

I could rant all night about it, I'd rather watch that Welsh TV channel or Bangla TV than have that irritating shit in the background. 

Rant over, for now. 

Aye nae bother lord hughesie. 

I checked page 1 & 2, hardly going to use the search function for that

The Internet

Wife doesn't watch it, only ever hear about it when men complain that their wife watches it. 

:pleasing:

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

My wife decided to watch it, after the demise of her beloved Big Brother.  Thankfully, like she did with Big Brother, she has the decency to record it and watch it when I'm not around.

Ive went complete Stalin and refused to have Love Island anywhere near my TV when I’m at home. Mrs PJ records it & lucky for her, I’m working in England 2-3 days a week just now so she watches it when I’m not home. 

Effin hate love effin island and all those attention seeking “look at me, fake tan, I do sit-ups” morons that are in it. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Dagger Is Back

Sat on the PC watching Stan and Ollie with the headphones on and my back to the TV which wife and daughter are glued to.

Married my Mrs 30 years ago this year. Id always thought she was reasonably intelligent and above such shit.

Clearly not. I’m actually more disappointed in her than I am a bunch of poorly educated, selfish, arrogant wannabes 

My understanding and sympathies lie with the OP

Riddley Walker

I don't really get why folk are so raging their other half watches it. I just watch something on the laptop or play ps4 or listen to tunes or read when it's on. Just don't watch it.

I even fast forward through the bits they show on Gogglebox.

It MUST be shite if Gogglebox viewers can’t watch it

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

I don't really get why folk are so raging their other half watches it. I just watch something on the laptop or play ps4 or listen to tunes or read when it's on. Just don't watch it.

You don't have to watch it to rage about it, I do other stuff whilst it's on, but you can't avoid the sound of I'VE GOT A TEEEEEXT, even if you're outside hoovering the car with music blaring whilst the kids are shouting and screaming about who gets the last fruit shoot in the fridge & a police helicopter hovering above chasing a prick on a loud dirt bike all at the same time, for example. 

Edited by Col1874

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
10 hours ago, Col1874 said:

Didn't know who he was, but he's in the current Task Master series. He is annoying as hell. 

Turns out he's vermin. 

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Best years of my life were when I threw the idiots lantern out.

Just go dark mate you know you want to.

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Didn't know who he was, but he's in the current Task Master series. He is annoying as hell. 

Turns out he's vermin. 

This. He is even presenting a shan quiz show himself now. When I heard his accent I thought he was a teuchter or something but apparently he is from Edinburgh. The vermin part I can believe ?

Never watch Love Island but the dug saves me the hassle as I always offer to take him to the park when it's on :)

11 hours ago, Col1874 said:

Please get that utter shit off our Tv's. 

Our wifes, girlfriend, partners or whatever all seem to watch it and make us have to suffer it in the background - I get an absolute anger rage whenever I hear "I'VE GOT A TEEEEXT" 

I could rant all night about it, I'd rather watch that Welsh TV channel or Bangla TV than have that irritating shit in the background. 

Rant over, for now. 

Do you only have 1 room in your home?

18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Indeed.

My wife watches a fair amount of pish (Love Island isn't one of them though) so I just go through the other room and switch on the PS4 or watch something on the iPad.

Phil Dunphy

“I HATE HOW SOMETHING POPULAR IS ON TV RIGHT NOW AND I DON’T LIKE IT GRRRRRR!”

Sound. Just don’t watch it. 

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Turns out he's vermin. 

Went to see him live a couple of years ago, really enjoyed the show.

Spoke about him and football, spoke about supporting Liverpool. No mention of the vermin.  Which would be odd for an Edinburgh gig. 

Say What Again
3 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

Same. Missus gets banished to the room to watch it and text her pals.

PS4 is in the living room so it's non negitoable. 

For that reason, I'm actually quite glad it's on ?

46 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I have many rooms, each with walls made of sugar paper. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I watch it and I love it.

So there

Call yourself a doctor. Resign I tell you resign?

AlphonseCapone

I know it's cool on these sorta threads to claim you don't know what or who something or someone is, and I've obviously heard of love Island but I honestly don't know anything about the premise. In my head it's a bunch of folk trying to shag on an island? How do you win, shag the most folk? 

It's the sorta show I'd have been raging at 5 years ago but what's the point, just ignore it. If folk enjoy it fair enough, a show by simpletons, for simpletons. 

12 hours ago, Col1874 said:

He's unfathomably successful. 

The op is right about the "I'VE GOT A TEXT" screaming, the other thing I hate is the amount of times they say the word "like" in a sentence, it's almost like a contest to see who can say it the most like.

I don't watch it but and the wife thinks she's doing me a favour by watching it on her laptop but that's worse. I get the annoying chat but don't get the dolly birds to ogle at.  :( 

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Darren said:

He's unfathomably successful. 

And his missus is a wee ride.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I know it's cool on these sorta threads to claim you don't know what or who something or someone is, and I've obviously heard of love Island but I honestly don't know anything about the premise. In my head it's a bunch of folk trying to shag on an island? How do you win, shag the most folk? 

It's the sorta show I'd have been raging at 5 years ago but what's the point, just ignore it. If folk enjoy it fair enough, a show by simpletons, for simpletons. 

Bunch of singles on an island. They couple up at the start. Producers then throw more bodies at them in an attempt to cause drama and break up the couples. Occasionally folk who don't get picked to be in a couple get launched. Most popular couple at the end wins. Public vote.

It's shite. I gave it a chance last year and after 3 episodes nothing of any interest had happened. Mrs watches it but not when I'm around, despite her continued attempts to get me into it.

AlphonseCapone
29 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Bunch of singles on an island. They couple up at the start. Producers then throw more bodies at them in an attempt to cause drama and break up the couples. Occasionally folk who don't get picked to be in a couple get launched. Most popular couple at the end wins. Public vote.

It's shite. I gave it a chance last year and after 3 episodes nothing of any interest had happened. Mrs watches it but not when I'm around, despite her continued attempts to get me into it.

Yup, does sound shite. I don't understand what the appeal is but there's obviously something. 

crunchy frog

The Savage Beast doesn't watch Love Island but she does like that Ru Paul's Drag Race. She won't watch it when I'm home though as I just sit and take the piss mercilessly, so my cunning plan has worked. 

jack D and coke

I’ve flicked it on from time to time and I’ll be honest I only do it for a swatch at the jack n Danny

:look: 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Went to see him live a couple of years ago, really enjoyed the show.

Spoke about him and football, spoke about supporting Liverpool. No mention of the vermin.  Which would be odd for an Edinburgh gig. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2785225/scotland-love-island-iain-stirling-florian-kamberi-signing/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiy0rv9yfDiAhWBUxUIHViKDdcQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw228cX6QYB2ze02b_onqt3m&ampcf=1

Probably didn't mention it because he was in Edinburgh, I'd imagine. 

doctor jambo
51 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Yup, does sound shite. I don't understand what the appeal is but there's obviously something. 

If you have sons, don't let them watch it.

Like most "wummins" TV its merely an illustration of how emotionally unstable women scheme and conspire against each other.

The guys in the show are largely like happy go lucky puppy dogs intent on a laugh and a lark, with their counterparts waspish, self centred and Machiavellian with only a really tenuous grip on their emotions.

luckyBatistuta

Hate reality shows, it’s ruined television. Can’t stand all the talentless wannabes that appear on them and every other show being interviewed, constantly craving attention. Love Island is absolute garbage...

but i ####### love watching Love Island

:wtf:

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Same here .............. it is what it is!

:lol:

same! Guilty pleasure for me. Slagged off the mrs for watching it and now I'm hooked. 

5 hours ago, jb102 said:

Not a bad episode of Dr Who. 

Governor Tarkin
50 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

If you have sons, don't let them watch it.

Like most "wummins" TV its merely an illustration of how emotionally unstable women scheme and conspire against each other.

The guys in the show are largely like happy go lucky puppy dogs intent on a laugh and a lark, with their counterparts waspish, self centred and Machiavellian with only a really tenuous grip on their emotions.

I like you, Doc.

Captain Lithuania

The whole thing is tragic. 

Grown men convene once per day at my work to speak about it with the women. 

Absolutely horrendous. 

13 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

Or come on Kickback?:)

2 hours ago, Dunks said:

Never seen it - what's it about? 

Used to enjoy Fantasy Island - is it a remake?

I challenge you to watch an episode, start to finish, then give your feedback on this thread :lol:

Bridge of Djoum
10 hours ago, jb102 said:

This.

My TV went on the blink weeks ago, haven't yet bought a new one, and haven't missed it in the slightest. Mrs is happy as I have Netflix, Amazon TV, Hulu and Britbox. She can watch almost anything on her iPad. 

43 minutes ago, Col1874 said:

I challenge you to watch an episode, start to finish, then give your feedback on this thread :lol:

Challenge accepted :thumbsup:

:hartley:

The Internet
17 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

This.

My TV went on the blink weeks ago, haven't yet bought a new one, and haven't missed it in the slightest. Mrs is happy as I have Netflix, Amazon TV, Hulu and Britbox. She can watch almost anything on her iPad. 

If you've got all that you might as well just get a tv surely :lol: 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

If you've got all that you might as well just get a tv surely :lol: 

Ha! It's a good point. I got rid of our cable package a few weeks before the TV went tits up. Was costing nigh on $200 PM. The good thing about not having the TV is that you're not tempted to just put it on in the background.