I need to rant - Bloody love Island

Col1874

9 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

This.

My TV went on the blink weeks ago, haven't yet bought a new one, and haven't missed it in the slightest. Mrs is happy as I have Netflix, Amazon TV, Hulu and Britbox. She can watch almost anything on her iPad. 

Would that be a halfwit latern? 

Legend Claws
On 16/06/2019 at 22:25, Col1874 said:

Please get that utter shit off our Tv's. 

Our wifes, girlfriend, partners or whatever all seem to watch it and make us have to suffer it in the background - I get an absolute anger rage whenever I hear "I'VE GOT A TEEEEXT" 

And that Scottish narrator.... Please stop speaking. 

I could rant all night about it, I'd rather watch that Welsh TV channel or Bangla TV than have that irritating shit in the background. 

Rant over, for now. 

On 16/06/2019 at 22:25, Col1874 said:

It's shit, but why don't you just leave the house?

doctor jambo

Not sure why the seethe.

Every time my wife asks me

"what do you think of her?"

always a one word answer- "mental"

Sadly God gave man 3 curses- women, libido and insight

7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

First time I've been able to watch this Live fore ages. Here we go :yas:

Hope Anton stays.

It's not live.

All roads lead to Gorgie
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

hideous show that should be banned. Dumbing down the nations IQ one episode at a time. 

You could be referring to the tory leaders debate on the other side as well as Love Island☺️

8 hours ago, OTT said:

hideous show that should be banned. Dumbing down the nations IQ one episode at a time. 

That's what schools are for.

19 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

First time I've been able to watch this Live fore ages. Here we go :yas:

Hope Anton stays.

The reason for your post after I started this thread has all of a sudden it become clear. 

At 35yr old I still watch the Simpsons so each to their own. :lol:

Edited by Col1874

Captain Sausage

Strange that so many people have come in here to have a pop at a programme they don’t like. How absolutely niche and edgy. 

If it is a pile of shite for simpletons then why are you coming into a topic about it and posting? Bizarre behaviour. 

I quite enjoy it, it’s absolute trash but it’s nice and easy to watch and I don’t have to think too hard. 

On the topic of Ru Paul, my wife watches it but I just don’t get it. It is genuinely the worst thing I’ve ever watched. 

Who_put_the_ball_in...

There are two types of people in the world. People that watch love island and people that admit they watch love island.

9 hours ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

There are two types of people in the world. People that watch love island and people that admit they watch love island.

I've never watched a second of Love Island, and if I had I'd tell you.

10 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Strange that so many people have come in here to have a pop at a programme they don’t like. How absolutely niche and edgy. 

If it is a pile of shite for simpletons then why are you coming into a topic about it and posting? Bizarre behaviour. 

I quite enjoy it, it’s absolute trash but it’s nice and easy to watch and I don’t have to think too hard. 

On the topic of Ru Paul, my wife watches it but I just don’t get it. It is genuinely the worst thing I’ve ever watched. 

Start a new thread,  a love island appreciation thread. Instead of moaning about folk moaning, on a moaning thread.

Салатные палочки
On 17/06/2019 at 19:40, merrymac said:

Or come on Kickback?:)

:oohmatron:

20 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

And there was me thinking the shed was description was "For discussion of (almost) anything !" as copied and pasted from the section title.

Many shows which people do like are also discussed, such as Chernobyl for example. 

As a guy, I dislike this show, as do many other guys, as its got female target audience, but it doesn't give you or anyone else an automatic right to call any of us who post about how much we dislike the show "odd behaviour" and to be fair, I'd say its a breach of forum rules. 

17. No cyber bullying. This includes posting unfounded personal attacks, stalking, harassing, innuendo, or any behaviour intended to demean others.

I take calling this "odd behaviour" and referring to us as "simpletons" as a personal attack and behaviour intended to demean others. 

Instead, it would have made sense to start a thread for those who enjoy the programme and discuss whatever aspects of the show you wish - I'd simply avoid that thread rather troll others, calling them odd because they enjoy watching it. 

I watch many programmes which people would call utter garbage, but I wouldn't take offense and say its 'odd behaviour' if someone wanted to let off steam and share their despair with others. 

Rant over... Now, please feel free quote this post and use that nerdy guy picture since I mentioned breaching forum rules :lol:

Edited by Col1874

As a guy there's not much I enjoy more than sitting down at 9pm every night to catch up with my mates in the Villa.

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

As a guy there's not much I enjoy more than sitting down at 9pm every night to catch up with my mates in the Villa.

And fishing? ? ?

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, Col1874 said:

And there was me thinking the shed was description was "For discussion of (almost) anything !" as copied and pasted from the section title.

Many shows which people do like are also discussed, such as Chernobyl for example. 

As a guy, I dislike this show, as do many other guys, as its got female target audience, but it doesn't give you or anyone else an automatic right to call any of us who post about how much we dislike the show "odd behaviour" and to be fair, I'd say its a breach of forum rules. 

17. No cyber bullying. This includes posting unfounded personal attacks, stalking, harassing, innuendo, or any behaviour intended to demean others.

I take calling this "odd behaviour" and referring to us as "simpletons" as a personal attack and behaviour intended to demean others. 

Instead, it would have made sense to start a thread for those who enjoy the programme and discuss whatever aspects of the show you wish - I'd simply avoid that thread rather troll others, calling them odd because they enjoy watching it. 

I watch many programmes which people would call utter garbage, but I wouldn't take offense and say its 'odd behaviour' if someone wanted to let off steam and share their despair with others. 

Rant over... Now, please feel free quote this post and use that nerdy guy picture since I mentioned breaching forum rules :lol:

Crack on with the rule quoting big guy. Might want to actually quote what I’ve said if you’re going to go to all that hassle. 

The ‘simpleton’ jibe was another poster’s opinion of those who watched Love Island (hope you’ll now report them given you’re stance on all personal attacks). 

I called it ‘bizarre behaviour’, not ‘odd behaviour’, which is in absolutely no way a personal attack ffs :rofl:

I’d suggest having a go at people for watching Love Island, then spending actual time to quote rules and still managing to misquote the intended target, shows a distinct irony. 

I’ll let your sexist assertion, that only females would watch Love Island, slide as long as you promise not to do it again. 

And I find it insulting that you would compare Welsh TV to ‘irritating shit’, a lack of class from a man who holds integrity in such high regard. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Crack on with the rule quoting big guy. Might want to actually quote what I’ve said if you’re going to go to all that hassle. 

The ‘simpleton’ jibe was another poster’s opinion of those who watched Love Island (hope you’ll now report them given you’re stance on all personal attacks). 

I called it ‘bizarre behaviour’, not ‘odd behaviour’, which is in absolutely no way a personal attack ffs :rofl:

I’d suggest having a go at people for watching Love Island, then spending actual time to quote rules and still managing to misquote the intended target, shows a distinct irony. 

I’ll let your sexist assertion, that only females would watch Love Island, slide as long as you promise not to do it again. 

And I find it insulting that you would compare Welsh TV to ‘irritating shit’, a lack of class from a man who holds integrity in such high regard. 

I started reading your reply, then got bored. :lol:

Captain Sausage
4 minutes ago, Col1874 said:

I started reading your reply, then got bored. :lol:

The response of someone with a whole lot to offer the discussion. 

Best opening 2 minutes to a UK TV show ever tonight 

Edited by hughesie27

AlphonseCapone
On 19/06/2019 at 21:05, Captain Sausage said:

:laugh: any stranger than someone that likes the show coming onto a thread moaning about the show to have a pop at folk for saying they don't like it? 

On 19/06/2019 at 20:05, Captain Sausage said:

:lol: 

18 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Best opening 2 minutes to a UK TV show ever tonight 

Trying too hard that guy imo he's 100% not into bursds 

doctor jambo
20 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

He's not 1% into bursds

26 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Tend to agree.