Colin Wilson RIP

Victor Meldrew

Victor Meldrew

I'm aware that a number of you on here may remember my father, Colin Wilson, who was a director of Hearts during the 1990s.

I'm sad to say that he passed away peacefully yesterday, just over a month short of his 85th birthday.

Colin was part of the board responsible for the first phase of the redevelopment of Tynecastle, and was the person who came up with the '500 Club' which raised much of the finance for the Wheatfield, Roseburn and Gorgie stands. He was on the board when Hearts won the Cup in 1998, which was one of the happiest days of his life.

Despite moving away from Edinburgh, he continued to follow the team from afar, and I was pleased to be able to bering him to the derby last October so he could see the completion of the redevelopment that he had been part of.

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

I'm aware that a number of you on here may remember my father, Colin Wilson, who was a director of Hearts during the 1990s.

I'm sad to say that he passed away peacefully yesterday, just over a month short of his 85th birthday.

Colin was part of the board responsible for the first phase of the redevelopment of Tynecastle, and was the person who came up with the '500 Club' which raised much of the finance for the Wheatfield, Roseburn and Gorgie stands. He was on the board when Hearts won the Cup in 1998, which was one of the happiest days of his life.

Despite moving away from Edinburgh, he continued to follow the team from afar, and I was pleased to be able to bering him to the derby last October so he could see the completion of the redevelopment that he had been part of.

Never met your dad but do remember him being on the board. Sorry to hear your news. 

John Findlay

Didn't personally know your father but believe my late father did. My condolences to you and your family. RIP Colin Wilson.

47 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Very sad news. 

I new Colin well. Very likeable guy who was massively passionate about the club.

Condolences to you and all the family.  

scott herbertson

Didn't know he was responsible for the 500 club , was a great idea at the time and I did one with my late brother. Glad he was still in the seat in 1998 toi see the rewards for his work and support.

1 hour ago, Victor Meldrew said:

I met your dad in Mijas a good few years back, if I remember correctly we watched Hearts play Falkirk on Setanta Sports in the Village Inn, I loved hearing all the stories from your dads time at Hearts. So very sad for your loss RIP .

2 hours ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Condolences to you and your family. Respect to your dad. 

Mid Calder Jambo

So sorry to hear that.  From another Wilson family our thoughts and condolencies are with you all.

Sorry to hear your news. You must have many memories to treasure; every time you come to Tynecastle you'll be able to smile as you imagine what your dad would be thinking and that will be a great consolation. Like me, I bet you were brought up on stories of Willie Bauld, the Terrible Trio and how today's team couldn't lace their boots. 

My condolences.

17 hours ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Sorry to hear of the passing of your father -& obviously a good Hearts man. 

He’s certainly had a very positive impact on the Club, and you must be very proud of his contributions to Hearts. 

RIP

Geoff Kilpatrick

Condolences to you and your family circle. A special thanks for Gilles Rousset all those years ago.

Sorry for your loss VM, I'm sure you're very proud of your dad's achievements during his time with the club and rightly so.

He must have been delighted to see the new main stand finally in place to top off the work that was started two decades ago.

RIP Colin

Sorry to hear this.

I met Colin a few times, he was a good man. 

Was he not involved in the development of Blu Tack?