Soccer Aid

dazajmbo

highlandjambo3
On 16/06/2019 at 19:03, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Me too. 

Slightly off topic, but I cancelled my charitable dd's a while ago. 

I vote for polical parties that will finance, education, social care, NHS, pensions, police, fire and less Likley to fund wars, tax cuts for rich etc. 

If we vote another way, then **** it, folk need to deal with it. Make your bed you lie in it. 

Got folk on fb championing the tories while trying to raise money for veterans and mental awareness tag lines on thier photos. 

Couldn't make it up. 

Anyway, off topic. 

I'll step down from my soap box. ?

Well done to those who donate. ?

Slightly off topic as well but........it burns my shit watching the toffs (privileged people-maybe not toffs), abroad holding some poor African child near death and asking us for dosh............I would suspect most of these charitable ,open brackets.....BILLS...... closed brackets, are paid in full before said toff signs on the dotted line..... economy class flight (my arse) followed by accommodation in a modest house (my other arse) ?.........

No but seriously, I spent a year in Sierra Leone with the Army and, I no longer donate anything to the supermarket charitable bins clothing, shoes etc..... oh don’t get me wrong, it gets to where it’s going alright, our charities load it up in good faith in containers but it ends up  mysteriously on some market stall for sale to the very people you though you were giving it to for free.....said market stall owner has also paid “someone” in the chain for these goods so they are not entirely at fault either.

I was often ridiculed, questioned, poked fun at (not in a serious way of course as I had a gun?) because I only had 2 children, why did I not have 8 or more was always the suggestion when the topic was brought up.  The notion That I only wanted 2 kids was lost on many.

So, the solution...... who knows but if you pick apart my last paragraph you will find the problem (not entirely just the 1 problem though)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• gashauskis9

• The Internet

• Sooperstar

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Slightly off topic as well but........it burns my shit watching the toffs (privileged people-maybe not toffs), abroad holding some poor African child near death and asking us for dosh............I would suspect most of these charitable ,open brackets.....BILLS...... closed brackets, are paid in full before said toff signs on the dotted line..... economy class flight (my arse) followed by accommodation in a modest house (my other arse) ?.........

No but seriously, I spent a year in Sierra Leone with the Army and, I no longer donate anything to the supermarket charitable bins clothing, shoes etc..... oh don’t get me wrong, it gets to where it’s going alright, our charities load it up in good faith in containers but it ends up  mysteriously on some market stall for sale to the very people you though you were giving it to for free.....said market stall owner has also paid “someone” in the chain for these goods so they are not entirely at fault either.

I was often ridiculed, questioned, poked fun at (not in a serious way of course as I had a gun?) because I only had 2 children, why did I not have 8 or more was always the suggestion when the topic was brought up.  The notion That I only wanted 2 kids was lost on many.

So, the solution...... who knows but if you pick apart my last paragraph you will find the problem (not entirely just the 1 problem though)

I get your point, mine is slightly more political. 

For example, why not fund the schools, social care, pensions, NHS, war veterans etc and have donations go to

Up keep of Westminster 

Bing ben

Heathrow extension 

War

Imo the money is there, the political party in charge choose how to spend it, imo the current one Completely spends it wrong so why should I make up the difference. Especially as I vote for parties that would fund the things I find important. 

If you give to a food bank or to a veterans home or a cancer research it's just a way of allowing the government to spend money elswhere as we make up the shortfall. 

Food banks are a good example of this. 

Does my tits in, so I've said **** it, I'll vote for the party that I think will help these folk, if more folk vote otherwise then we make our bed, we lie in it. 

There's more to it than that but I'm sick of it. 

My father in law moaning about the NHS then voting for the tories is the icing on the cake. 

Anyway, more for the shed, which I avoid. 

Nookie Bear
40 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I get your point, mine is slightly more political. 

For example, why not fund the schools, social care, pensions, NHS, war veterans etc and have donations go to

Up keep of Westminster 

Bing ben

Heathrow extension 

War

Imo the money is there, the political party in charge choose how to spend it, imo the current one Completely spends it wrong so why should I make up the difference. Especially as I vote for parties that would fund the things I find important. 

If you give to a food bank or to a veterans home or a cancer research it's just a way of allowing the government to spend money elswhere as we make up the shortfall. 

Food banks are a good example of this. 

Does my tits in, so I've said **** it, I'll vote for the party that I think will help these folk, if more folk vote otherwise then we make our bed, we lie in it. 

There's more to it than that but I'm sick of it. 

My father in law moaning about the NHS then voting for the tories is the icing on the cake. 

Anyway, more for the shed, which I avoid. 

Agree with this 100%

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I honk they should do a Scottish version of soccer aid 

Just like all your posts.

Honking up a thread that hasn't been bumped for nearly 3 years. 

Classic. 

Edited by tian447

47 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Geese us peace.........

This post will fall fowl of the admin......

They're always getting in a flap about something.

Edited by Wee Mikey

7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Opened this thread to have a gander at it and it’s just nonsense. 

The thread is goosed.