Angelo Alessio,

132goals1958

26 minutes ago, Pie-Heid said:

Apologies for linking to the Scum

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4502847/kilmarnock-connahs-quay-europa-league-gordon-sawers-x-rated-rant/

"A've booked up fur Belgrade and ivryhin"

Oh dear...

🤣🤣 Cheers mate, that’s given me a wee chuckle. Got to give respect to any west coaster who doesn’t blindly follow the OF...but Christ that laddie is an absolute blawbag 🤣🤣 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JamboAl

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

TweedbankJambo
56 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

No one is saying you're not a fan.

they're just questioning which club you're a fan of...

I didn't realise it was so bitchy in here. No need. 

John mcCartney
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

ThE kInD oF aPpOiNtMeNt We ShOuLd Be MaKiNg

example of goldfish living in bowl

1 minute ago, TweedbankJambo said:

I didn't realise it was so bitchy in here. No need. 

Sorry mate, there's that many trolls on here it's difficult to tell who's genuine

Maybe better checking facts before posting though:2thumbsup:

TweedbankJambo
41 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Sorry mate, there's that many trolls on here it's difficult to tell who's genuine

Maybe better checking facts before posting though:2thumbsup:

Lesson learned, I feel silly haha, I admit my mistakes, I probably won't post again but I'll be watching the fun and games. HHGH

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

🤣🤣 Cheers mate, that’s given me a wee chuckle. Got to give respect to any west coaster who doesn’t blindly follow the OF...but Christ that laddie is an absolute blawbag 🤣🤣 

😂He's some boy!

On a more serious note, how come Scottish players go on holiday for about three weeks and when they come back (with the exception og the uglies), appear to have forgotten how to play football? Killie are not exceptional when it comes to this.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

At the end of the day the guy could still be great for killie so let's not write them off just yet.

But it does illustrate nicely how some will give any other manager the most incredible benefit of the doubt while the Hearts manager gets none.  

True on both accounts. 

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:)

One game....seriously?? 🙄. Personally, I would rather they had been occupied, fighting on another front with extra midweek games.

Judge him at the end of the season, that's my advice

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

One game....seriously?? 🙄. Personally, I would rather they had been occupied, fighting on another front with extra midweek games.

Judge him at the end of the season, that's my advice

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Comes across all balanced and says  Be patient before judging. 

From the guy who gave CL no scope once he was appointed, writes players off at a whim and who spraffed shite about St numbers before a ticket was sold. 

I can imagine your views on Hearts and when Robbie was in charge and we got humped out of Europe. 

Now your all balanced and reasonable when it comes to Killie. 

Can't make it up. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, sassenach said:

Agree with this, BUT I would still like to see more clubs capable of taking points off Celtic and Rangers.

One day, a club other than those two (hopefully Hearts) will win the title. It will only happen when they both drop enough points against teams such as Kilmarnock, Aberdeen etc.

Agree to a certain extent, but winning titles is more about consistency. Being able to grind out results week in week out, even if you are not playing well.

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

From the guy who gave CL no scope once he was appointed, writes players off at a whim and who spraffed shite about St numbers before a ticket was sold. 

I can imagine your views on Hearts and when Robbie was in charge and we got humped out of Europe. 

Can't make it up. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Likewise,  you're filling your diaper over one game but are willing to give endless time to Levein and his "project". How were you after we got pumped 5 scud by Livvy? I don't think you're in a position to reference "balanced and reasonable " if the truth be told. It does show how far we've fallen when some are gloating over Killie losing in Europe.  Also quite neatly sums up the mentality of Scottish football fans in general.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Likewise,  you're filling your diaper over one game but are willing to give endless time to Levein and his "project". How were you after we got pumped 5 scud by Livvy? I don't think you're in a position to reference "balanced and reasonable " if the truth be told. It does show how far we've fallen when some are gloating over Killie losing in Europe.  Also quite neatly sums up the mentality of Scottish football fans in general.

**** killie, as A Hearts fan I'm allowed to rip into them. 

I'm a Hearts fan, not a general fan of football. 

I clearly state above it's to early to judge, but the irony in Hears fans rushing to defend Killie  and argue with other Hearts fans (in defence of Killie) but don't give anything Hearts the same grace is quite frankly ridiculous. 

You can't even slag of Killie without a shitty wee dig at us. 

Tragic, why do you post on here or follow Hearts?

Hearts clearly make you unhappy and all you do on here is argue against Hearts with other Hearts fans who are defending them. 

47 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Can't make it up. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Amazing isn't it!!? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

i wish jj was my dad
24 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

Amazing isn't it!!? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think the word you are looking for is 'tragic'

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I clearly state above it's to early to judge, but the irony in Hears fans rushing to defend Killie  and argue with other Hearts fans (in defence of Killie) but don't give anything Hearts the same grace is quite frankly ridiculous. 

Hearts clearly make you unhappy and all you do on here is argue against Hearts with other Hearts fans who are defending them. 

Correct - even changes names to do it.

25 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I think the word you are looking for is 'tragic'

Apologies, tragic indeed!

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Why are you interested in Killie then? If, after 2 full seasons, Alessio has failed  then I'm sure he will be judged. That's reasonable.  I am a footbsll fan as well as a Hearts fan, as are a lot of people. Certainly doesn't mean I will defend everything the club does. Most Scottish footbsll fans enjoyed watching Dundee Utd and Aberdeen and ourselves , back in the 1980s, beat some of Europe's finest teams. 

Enzo Chiefo
53 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Correct - even changes names to do it.

Does he? Care to provide evidence of that or is it just yet another of your many  made up "facts"

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why are you interested in Killie then? If, after 2 full seasons, Alessio has failed  then I'm sure he will be judged. That's reasonable.  I am a footbsll fan as well as a Hearts fan, as are a lot of people. Certainly doesn't mean I will defend everything the club does. Most Scottish footbsll fans enjoyed watching Dundee Utd and Aberdeen and ourselves , back in the 1980s, beat some of Europe's finest teams. 

:trippin:

8 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Just football life really. Outside of the biggest clubs in most leagues, clubs appoint a good manager who has a relative amount of success every now and again. After a period of time, that manager tends to take that team as far as he can, and then he is replaced. The next man coming in is a roll of the dice and you just don’t know until he’s had a chance to get going. It’s a pretty shit system to be honest, and I’d like to see is break the wheel and find a system that maintains lasting relative success.

Exactly what we are trying to do with Director of football, promote within, good academy etc.

Nookie Bear

Clarke does well for two seasons: not allowed to use that as a stick to beating Levein. 

Alessio has has one bad result: used as proof that Levein is The Man. 

Dont think anyone gives two hoots what Killie do, as long as it’s worse than us. Their manager is also irrelevant to us as well. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, saxondale said:

Exactly what we are trying to do with Director of football, promote within, good academy etc.

Spot on. The DoF role also reduces expensive  player turnover between Head Coaches as there is a consistency of approach and philosophy (hate that word!). 

9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Time will tell.

Still early in season. Interesting to see what he changes. I always thought simplicity was a key benefit to Clarke's approach. And hard working and confidence. 

If anything his signings don’t exactly inspire either considering they lost half a team.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Clarke does well for two seasons: not allowed to use that as a stick to beating Levein. 

Dont think anyone gives two hoots what Killie do, as long as it’s worse than us. Their manager is also irrelevant to us as well. 

True to an extent but as soon as Killie appointed this guy who has no management experience as far as I know the usual suspects were using as a tool to attack the club. 

I have no idea if he will be a success but we made a high risk appointment less than 3 years ago that turned out to be a disaster. I don't think we can afford another right now.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

True to an extent but as soon as Killie appointed this guy who has no management experience as far as I know the usual suspects were using as a tool to attack the club. 

I have no idea if he will be a success but we made a high risk appointment less than 3 years ago that turned out to be a disaster. I don't think we can afford another right now.

I think a lot of people saw it as an example of the type of man we could get if it Head Coach role became available.  Who knows who we could attract if the position was advertised?

I wouldn’t be judging Alessio on one result but it’s a shocker of a start and it puts him under pressure. Hopefully they have a difficult season. 

7 hours ago, sassenach said:

Agree with this, BUT I would still like to see more clubs capable of taking points off Celtic and Rangers.

One day, a club other than those two (hopefully Hearts) will win the title. It will only happen when they both drop enough points against teams such as Kilmarnock, Aberdeen etc.

I would rather bother about how we play. Anytime we’ve done well/ challenged it’s because we’ve played well and not because we’ve relied on other teams.

Also being pragmatic we’re a lot closer to hibs, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock than we are to Celtic and Rangers so I would always rather these clubs lose against them. Happy if the other teams beat them but for me the only real enjoyment I get is when we beat them!

Killie were relegation fodder for years before Clarke arrived and managed to turn them into European qualifiers.

Clarke has gone, Killie will be back in the bottom 6 battling to survive.  Unfortunately, the expectations of the fans has risen so battling it out in the bottom 6 will no longer be deemed acceptable.  They'll turn against manager after manager who can't get them back into Europe before eventually they realise that Clarke was an exception.  A bit like Aberdeen fans for 20 years or so after Fergie left, still expecting to be challenging for titles.

Inch Hearts
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

You forgot the part where people said he was being “found out” the second half of last season before admitting in fact he done a spectacular job when he left. 

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Killie were relegation fodder for years before Clarke arrived and managed to turn them into European qualifiers.

Clarke has gone, Killie will be back in the bottom 6 battling to survive.  Unfortunately, the expectations of the fans has risen so battling it out in the bottom 6 will no longer be deemed acceptable.  They'll turn against manager after manager who can't get them back into Europe before eventually they realise that Clarke was an exception.  A bit like Aberdeen fans for 20 years or so after Fergie left, still expecting to be challenging for titles.

They actually got quite a good calibre of manager applying for the position.  It’s a major gamble who they’ve taken on.  Massimo Donatti as assistant too based on absolutely nothing. 

On 19/07/2019 at 09:14, vegas-voss said:

True

Other managers haven' t had to rebuild the whole club just  the 1st team.

Really do think we need to move towards individual coefficients for clubs. 

Also, what can we do as a league to better support our clubs in getting to europe moving forward? Its literally every season some club is utterly humiliating themselves and the league - us getting put out off Maltese fisherman, Killie getting put out off a welsh team no ones heard of from a league we didn't even think they had..  They're awful results which makes our league look horrific. 

24 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Scottish football is just bad. I think we are where we deserve to be. 

There is no real 'Scottish' football, there is just Glasgow. It is always about Celtic and Rangers and Glasgow. 

It will never change. Celtic and rangers will win the league every season from now until the end of time.

Aberdeen, Hearts etc will get into the group stages of a European competition about once every 15 years. Celtic and Rangers about once every 3-5 years. 

Scotland mens team might make the finals in the next 30 years. Women's team also. Neither are likely to proceed from the group.

Just accept it.

Jesus man... give me a chair and some rope :D 

Enzo Chiefo
8 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Other managers haven' t had to rebuild the whole club just  the 1st team.

Levein has absolutely not "rebuilt the football club", despite the urban myths. The Academy was already there and, indeed, he has bought back one of the Class of Vlad graduates. AB saved the club financially and oversaw the building of the new stand. Despite the obvious flaws and ongoing issues it is a magnificent legacy to her. Levein has certainly prioritised changes to the Academy, aided by investment from AB, but it's a nonsense to suggest he has rebuilt the club. He has been DOF for 5 years and, after a great first season under Neilson, we have regressed. Rangers and then Hibs came up and each of them immediately pushed us back a place. Killie did the same for 2 consecutive years under Clarke, and Heckingfeckinbottom was 10 points behind us last season , when he took over and did the same. Unpalatable as it may be, those are facts. Levein is very much on trial this season and if he fails to deliver, he will be forced out by the fans.

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Levein has absolutely not "rebuilt the football club", despite the urban myths. The Academy was already there and, indeed, he has bought back one of the Class of Vlad graduates. AB saved the club financially and oversaw the building of the new stand. Despite the obvious flaws and ongoing issues it is a magnificent legacy to her. Levein has certainly prioritised changes to the Academy, aided by investment from AB, but it's a nonsense to suggest he has rebuilt the club. He has been DOF for 5 years and, after a great first season under Neilson, we have regressed. Rangers and then Hibs came up and each of them immediately pushed us back a place. Killie did the same for 2 consecutive years under Clarke, and Heckingfeckinbottom was 10 points behind us last season , when he took over and did the same. Unpalatable as it may be, those are facts. Levein is very much on trial this season and if he fails to deliver, he will be forced out by the fans.

Ill give you the facts on league placings since promotion but that aside, this is just made up nonsense.  Absolute drivel that shows you know zero about football.

KyleLafferty

I like CL, a change would be nice, but we ain’t getting it. He got us to a semi-final, and final last year. We started off brilliant last year and let’s hope we do this year. It’s his final year on his contract as manager so he has to do something! So let’s just support that and not worry what anyone else is doing 👍🏻!! 

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Oh dear. you really don't like him, do you?

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who was the first person Ann turned to before she helped secure our future?

If five years Levein has overseen a record promotion winning campaign from the toughest championship ever, euro quaiification and got us to a cup final. Despite how poor it’s been since Cathro and it’s just since Cathro now, let’s not ignore progress right up until Robbie left, overall, that’s not a bad tenure albeit with marked room for improvement and he does need to hit ground running this year. 

13 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Poor guy.  Probably because he’s not a good Scottish manager. 

Exactly, had they appointed one of the old guard he would be getting lauded for trying to play more expansive football as Clarke's methodology would only work for Clarke and the fans need to be patient.

I'm actually much angrier about that article than I really should be,