• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JamboAl

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The kind of appointment I would take at Hearts

The kind of appointment we should be making instead of what we currently have IMO, and that's not a dig at Levein, i just think we have so much potential to be great.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would expect a lot of quality loan signings at Killie as his contacts should be good. Killie could still be around the top four. We will need to get our signing act in gear this summer to hope to match them at least. 

Enzo Chiefo

Very ambitious appointment.  Will give themselves a great chance of building on the success of Steve Clarke's reign.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The kind of appointment we should be making instead of what we currently have IMO, and that's not a dig at Levein, i just think we have so much potential to be great.

10 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I would expect a lot of quality loan signings at Killie as his contacts should be good. Killie could still be around the top four. We will need to get our signing act in gear this summer to hope to match them at least. 

4 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Potentially a great appointment, shows ambition. 

8 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

And to think we had Billy Davies, Steven Pressley and Paul Hartley as our options  

All spot on 

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Wonder if Killie will put grass down next summer?

They probably would’ve had Naismith if they did to be fair.  I think he always spoke about retiring there. 

Enzo Chiefo

A great answer, again from Killie, to whoever poses the ridiculous question in future..."but who would we get?"

Could be a very good appointment. 

Crazy, that when we were looking to fill the same position, we failed to find someone better than the interviewer. 

Certainly a bold appointment and to be applauded.

He has little recent experience as the main man but will have built up valuable knowledge etc as an assistant in the UK and abroad.

If we had appointed him or even been linked with him the usual roasters wouldve looked for the negatives. Only ever been an assistant etc 

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Certainly a bold appointment and to be applauded.

He has little recent experience as the main man but will have built up valuable knowledge etc as an assistant in the UK and abroad.

that is why it is a bit of a risk. good assistants dont necessarily make good managers. i think the times he has been a manager he has lasted at most a year each time.

SpruceBringsteen

"The kind of appointment we should be making"

**** off. ? If Hearts gave this boy a gig  this place would be knee deep in snotters because he's never managed a club above Italian church league level. ?

Hungry hippo

Cool appointment although I wouldn't get carried away. Most number 2s start at about that level.

Certainly interesting for the league.

38 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

And to think we had Billy Davies, Steven Pressley and Paul Hartley as our options  

All of which where supported by some of our fans. 

Add in other ex Hearts men like McCann and Paulo Sergio and you can see why our fans lack the ambition that others have for their clubs. 

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Remember Paul Le Guen at Huns 

To be fair, his managerial track record was nowhere near that of Alessio. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

This has makings of a great appointment. Cult figure in the making type thing if it goes well. 

Be interesting to see how their signings go this summer.

One of those that could be great or he just can't be arsed with our league and quits before January imo.

Edited by vegas-voss

The Internet
21 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

**** off. ? If Hearts gave this boy a gig  this place would be knee deep in snotters because he's never managed a club above Italian church league level. ?

Incredible isn't it. 

Feel like killie could have hired an actual cone as manager and folk here would be all 'exciting appointment that, proper progressive wish we would do that'. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

Finlay James

Don't get the frenzy over this appointment.  If it works out, fine but there is definitely no guarantee that it will and appointing someone who has predominantly been an assistant comes with a lot of risk.

As a Jambo, I'm not even slightly concerned.

It's a ****ing massive punt from Killie. Just as likely to **** them up royally as achieve any level of success. A guy with a presumably limited knowledge of the Scottish game, with effectively zero managerial experience. 

Gone by Easter is my prediction. 

23 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

This. Could go either way. Scottish clubs don’t have a good track record with this sort of appointment.

23 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

that is why it is a bit of a risk. good assistants dont necessarily make good managers. i think the times he has been a manager he has lasted at most a year each time.

I agree but sometimes it's the type of imaginative appointment smaller clubs must make - with fingers crossed.

I'd rather have that than what often happens in England where the likes of Big Sam and Tony Pullis hop from club to club after being fired for under-achievement.

JamboGraham

An interesting one...certainly not without risk and clearly trying to follow the ‘Clarke’ model of an experienced number 2 (although Clarke had significantly more experience as number 1).

The caretaker period at Juventus is clearly the standout on the CV but in terms of a permanent number 1 this will be his highest level of football so far...

A bold move by Killie without doubt... 

Shows real ambition and a statement of intent.

think it’s a brilliant appointment, and as alluded to above his contacts will be immense.

steve Clarke and now this. 

CL and co are going to be up against it this coming season that’s for sure.  

Edited by 1971fozzy

It's an interesting one this. Had he been appointed manager at Celtic or Rangers 2012 then he'd be doomed from the start. It's ambitious for Killie to get someone like that in so it'll be very interesting to see what happens with them next season.

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

An interesting one...certainly not without risk and clearly trying to follow the ‘Clarke’ model of an experienced number 2 (although Clarke had significantly more experience as number 1). 

Clarke is also a renowned moaning faced number 3.

Phil Dunphy

An interesting appointment and one that highlights the attraction of Scottish football.

Time will tell if he's any good, though.

Bazzas right boot

Remind me of  Dundee a few years ago. 

Interesting, see where it ends up. 

Think he'll be a great success or a complete flop, not sure where Killie can go from where there are atm tbh, big task to Improve them. 

Maiden Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Remind me of  Dundee a few years ago. 

Interesting, see where it ends up. 

Think he'll be a great success or a complete flop, not sure where Killie can go from where there are atm tbh, big task to Improve them. 

if their fans actually turned up and watched them they could be big-hitters relatively speaking. Unfortunately for Killie most folk in their catchment area will be wearing green or blue

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A great answer, again from Killie, to whoever poses the ridiculous question in future..."but who would we get?"

Yes I agree, very adventurous appointment, however he is a complete unknown as a number 1. Cant see him wanting a team playing on plastic so most of BB’s future investment is going on a new pitch. Not in time for next season though.