Happy Father's Day!

ri Alban

Have a great day all fathers and grandfathers out there. About to tuck into my crate of Cloudy Cider. But that's after I finish my tea from my new Hearts Mug(The one where our beautiful badge appears when filled with hot liquid) and my Jock the Jambo jigsaw, my granddaughter gave me. The Mrs is trying to get me a fellow Jambo in the family. :D

Anyway. Have a great day everyone!

Cheers! ?

Edited by ri Alban

Got taken for a meal last night, home for a bottle of wine and a bag of crisps that stung the pus off me, was a bit pished. 

Got another bottle of wine and a Toblerone then went fishing, ****ing magic Father's Day weekend! 

My son is only 12 so hasn't got a Facebook page........ thank **** when you see the shite on Facebook today! 

Edited by Dawnrazor

Best kids ever - they got me Fifa 19, Toblerone, 4 pack of Corona and of course, a lime.

To be fair though I was with the kids when they picked the stuff and I did have a fair bit of input as to what I liked... And I did pay for the stuff, but still the best kids ever :lol:

Dagger Is Back

Had a shit day. Not bothered about cards and shit.

Just a hug and a thanks Dad for all you do would be nice.

Next year then

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Next year then

Chin up lad. Feel your pain a wee bit of appreciation would be delightful.  Going to see my dad in ward 8 at the western wasn’t the greatest either to the find out his sister had a heart attack and passed in the US this morning. Had better days. 

5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've had a lovely day. My children gave me nice gifts and cards and I love them dearly. 

But I miss my Dad and would have loved to have had some more time with him as he was taken suddenly and far too soon. 

So for me it's a nice day but tinged with sadness. 

This. 

9 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Next year then

I feel your pain mate.

Got a lovely gift and card from my laddie, my step-daughter and my grandson. Not so much as a text from my own daughter though. Unfortunately, I barely hear from her these days as her bitter,psychotic mother filled her head full of shite about myself and my wife a few years ago.

I've tried talking to her but it's like pulling teeth getting a conversation from her.

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Chin up lad. Feel your pain a wee bit of appreciation would be delightful.  Going to see my dad in ward 8 at the western wasn’t the greatest either to the find out his sister had a heart attack and passed in the US this morning. Had better days. 

Oh man. Sorry to hear about your Dad and your Aunt. 

Dagger Is Back
7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I feel your pain mate.

Got a lovely gift and card from my laddie, my step-daughter and my grandson. Not so much as a text from my own daughter though. Unfortunately, I barely hear from her these days as her bitter,psychotic mother filled her head full of shite about myself and my wife a few years ago.

I've tried talking to her but it's like pulling teeth getting a conversation from her.

Sad to hear Ian. Time is too short to fall

out with loved ones. I know from bitter experience 

26 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Sad to hear Ian. Time is too short to fall

out with loved ones. I know from bitter experience 

We were desperately close at one time.

She's 18 now and sadly she seems to have developed a lot of the same traits as her mum.

Anyway, sorry for bringing the mood down on this thread folks :)

Father's Day/Mother's day etc. is bollocks. However, one daughter gave me a card and a half bottle of low flyer. The other gave me a hug and my girlfriend gave them money to take me for a pub lunch. I stayed on in the pub for 5 hours after they left. Typical Sunday really.

Dagger Is Back
52 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

We were desperately close at one time.

She's 18 now and sadly she seems to have developed a lot of the same traits as her mum.

Anyway, sorry for bringing the mood down on this thread folks :)

Sad

No need to apologise Ian - I started it.?

Still got two young kids and my old man here so fathers day means alot to me. However I can understand why this day could mean sadness for many who have lost someone close or are prevented from seeing their children. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Did anyone go to that Father's Day event at Tynecastle yesterday?  Thinking of taking my nephew and his dad along to it next year but wasn't sure if it was any good

Inch Hearts
5 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Oh man. Sorry to hear about your Dad and your Aunt. 

Cheers bud.