• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Victorian

• Cade

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what the reaction would have been if JC and Boris involved in a domestic. The ring wing press would be all over it, and polis would have jailed him.

18 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m still not certain Scotland will vote for independence tbh. Crank up the fear again, currency, out of U.K. and EU etc and i reckon we’ll bottle it. 

Perhaps if any or even some of those questions could be answered,  or even just debated , you'd get more people on board?

Project Fear, Fake News, Boris's fecking lies on the bus.....such a ****ing turn off to normal punters IMO.

Shouting down people who ask what currency they'll be paid in, with claims of Project Fear, just doesn't work.

jack D and coke
Just now, pablo said:

Perhaps if any or even some of those questions could be answered,  or even just debated , you'd get more people on board?

Project Fear, Fake News, Boris's fecking lies on the bus.....such a ****ing turn off to normal punters IMO.

Shouting down people who ask what currency they'll be paid in, with claims of Project Fear, just doesn't work.

I don’t think you’d be converted under any circumstances if you’re being honest Pablo mate. 

Is that probably fair?

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t think you’d be converted under any circumstances if you’re being honest Pablo mate. 

Is that probably fair?

No, but that's not really the point. I think there will be a recalibration at some point soon. People like Salmond, Trump and Johnson can't go on forever. 

That's why politicians LIKE Rory Stewart made such an impression recently. With his- you can't get any of your Brexit deals through, we can't afford Tax Cuts......message dealing in reality. 

11 minutes ago, pablo said:

No, but that's not really the point. I think there will be a recalibration at some point soon. People like Salmond, Trump and Johnson can't go on forever. 

That's why politicians LIKE Rory Stewart made such an impression recently. With his- you can't get any of your Brexit deals through, we can't afford Tax Cuts......message dealing in reality. 

Rory knew he wouldn't get anywhere. People can't handle the truth or further still, lie about tax and their willingness to pay more.

See the #SNPBAD. As for currency, it's a red herring, we have the assets and that's what matters. Anyway, what's the outlook for the pound, post brexit and indy?

15 minutes ago, pablo said:

Yet he was happy enough to endorse and enforce austerity measures.

I agree that there will be some sort of recalibration, perhaps a return to a liberal consensus, but what will be left for them?

As dislikeable Salmond is/was to some, he's not, imo, in the same league as Trump or Johnson, and of course Salmond is now not a representative in any parliament.

Stewart is a chancer, imo.  but I'll concede he was refreshingly honest about Brexit and tax cuts as you mention. 

Unfortunately, as someone referred to it on another thread I think, Brexit has created a sense of hysteria in the country.  To some, it would appear to me at least, that Brexit is a symbol of English nationalism/identity.  As devolution has allowed Scots, Welsh and N Irish parliaments control of certain things, perhaps a sense of "what do we get?" grew with some English people?  Despite already having it all via Westminster, the interchangability of English and British and British and English began to look rather lost.  Even within England there are cultural differences, North/South etc.

Brexit has given those who feel alienated something to hang their identity on.  Just as some Scottish nationalists are derided as living in a Braveheart bubble dictated by Freeedommmmm! so to are the "gammons" with their Empire, Good King Hal, two world wars and one world cup.  Ironically, one of the things also much loved is the NHS, yet this seems more at risk than ever.

Where did the feeling elicited by Danny Boyle's Olympic opening ceremony vanish to?

@Boris The reason for lumping those three together was the similarities between 2014, Trump's campaign and 2016. I wasn't suggesting they were tied at the top of a Knobhead league table.

I was responding to @jack D and coke who (I think) was playing the Project Fear card should anyone dare to ask what currency we would use or how what might happen with taxes and services.

9 minutes ago, pablo said:

@Boris The reason for lumping those three together was the similarities between 2014, Trump's campaign and 2016. I wasn't suggesting they were tied at the top of a Knobhead league table.

@pablo Fair dos!  "Top of the knobhead league table" :rofl:

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, pablo said:

I was responding to @jack D and coke who (I think) was playing the Project Fear card should anyone dare to ask what currency we would use or how what might happen with taxes and services.

I wasn’t playing it but in the event of another indyref the unionist side will beat everyone to death with it. 

I’m not having a pop at you mate but imo it wouldn’t matter what you were told you’ll never be convinced. That’s fair enough. 

57 minutes ago, Boris said:

Where did the feeling elicited by Danny Boyle's Olympic opening ceremony vanish to?

Wetherspoons

Boris getting his backside handed to him on a plate by Nick Ferrari on LBC and Sky News right now. That lovey dovey front page photo  was not a recent one although Boris avoids answering the question. 

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Boris getting his backside handed to him on a plate by Nick Ferrari on LBC and Sky News right now. That lovey dovey front page photo  was not a recent one although Boris avoids answering the question. 

It's pretty farcical.     The onslaught of scrutiny ahead and the obvious inability to provide answers will descend into total farce.     He'll be elected but the media will make sure the whole sham is shown up.   He wont last 12 months.

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's pretty farcical.     The onslaught of scrutiny ahead and the obvious inability to provide answers will descend into total farce.     He'll be elected but the media will make sure the whole sham is shown up.   He wont last 12 months.

Theyve just replayed the questioning over that picture and you can see two things, he’s avoiding answering,  not very well I might add, the question of when the picture was taken. His eyes give away that this picture was a set up to deflect and was an old one. He’s a liar!

12 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Of course it's singed up in a gif!

Meanwhile...

IMG-20190624-WA0001.jpg

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall?

"So, Boris, what about the £39billion divorce bill?"
"waffle waffle, creative ambiguity, mumble grumble churchill"

"So, Boris, when was this picture of you and your current girlfriend taken?"

"waffle waffle, I've changed barber, mumble grumble greek mythological figure"

"So, Boris, what about your claim of using GATT 24?"

"waffle waffle, ireland will do as it's told, the governor of the bank of england knows nothing about global trade, the EU will come begging to us, mumble grumble napoleon"

:vrface:

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

creative ambiguity

What does that even mean? you’ve got to hand it to Boris he’s creative with words and phrases. Just ask Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

33 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

What does that even mean? you’ve got to hand it to Boris he’s creative with words and phrases. Just ask Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

"thoughts and prayers"?

I think he means "pretend we don't have to pay the divorce bill and hope nobody notices"

coconut doug
3 hours ago, pablo said:

3 hours ago, pablo said:

So is there no substance to Project fear, Fake news and were the statements on the bus true?

Who was "shouted down" and by whom for asking what currency they would be paid in? 

Is it not the case that we were warned via Project fear, which was a real entity, that we would be forced out of the EU and that our currency would be significantly devalued if we voted for independence? Isn't that exactly what has happened because we voted NO in 2014?

Don't you think these questions have been discussed ad nauseam in various fora including this one?

When you speak of "normal punters" who do you mean? Are they Unionists, Tories, people who are not really interested, who exactly?

Reality is a possible No Deal and Stewart's opponents mostly wanted that. It's increasingly likely that after October the EU will not entertain us and we will have No Deal. Tax cuts are always popular with the Tories as they don't care about public services and the poor. Suggesting that Stewart was different is naive, just look at his voting record.

He made such an impression he was eliminated early on despite his widespread exposure. 

It may seem "reality" to not cut taxes and negotiate a deal but not in the minds of the Tories and once again it is they who are calling the shots. Suggesting a recalibration soon is wishful thinking imo. The direction of movement currently is to the opposite and there are few places for the "normal punters" to cling to.

Even after all of this is over and Farage is vanquished the Tories by and large will still vote Tory. Inequalities will continue to rise and our countries standing will continue to decline. We wont have a recalibration, we may well have a revolution. This is not Trump or Salmond's fault it is the desire of Tory voters who just happen to be a large and loyal voting block in England.  

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

I heard this. Made me chuckle. :)

7 hours ago, coconut doug said:

So is there no substance to Project fear, Fake news and were the statements on the bus true?

Who was "shouted down" and by whom for asking what currency they would be paid in? 

Is it not the case that we were warned via Project fear, which was a real entity, that we would be forced out of the EU and that our currency would be significantly devalued if we voted for independence? Isn't that exactly what has happened because we voted NO in 2014?

Don't you think these questions have been discussed ad nauseam in various fora including this one?

When you speak of "normal punters" who do you mean? Are they Unionists, Tories, people who are not really interested, who exactly?

Reality is a possible No Deal and Stewart's opponents mostly wanted that. It's increasingly likely that after October the EU will not entertain us and we will have No Deal. Tax cuts are always popular with the Tories as they don't care about public services and the poor. Suggesting that Stewart was different is naive, just look at his voting record.

He made such an impression he was eliminated early on despite his widespread exposure. 

It may seem "reality" to not cut taxes and negotiate a deal but not in the minds of the Tories and once again it is they who are calling the shots. Suggesting a recalibration soon is wishful thinking imo. The direction of movement currently is to the opposite and there are few places for the "normal punters" to cling to.

Even after all of this is over and Farage is vanquished the Tories by and large will still vote Tory. Inequalities will continue to rise and our countries standing will continue to decline. We wont have a recalibration, we may well have a revolution. This is not Trump or Salmond's fault it is the desire of Tory voters who just happen to be a large and loyal voting block in England.  

Statements on a bus v statements from the then chancellor.

Project fear was the domain and still is of both remain politic.

That lies were told or unsubstantiated claims from leave on both votes is also true.

But project fear .

That belongs to remain in the EU and UK.

100 %

coconut doug
17 hours ago, jake said:

Statements on a bus v statements from the then chancellor.

Project fear was the domain and still is of both remain politic.

That lies were told or unsubstantiated claims from leave on both votes is also true.

But project fear .

That belongs to remain in the EU and UK.

100 %

Some of the points made in the Indy ref campaign were ludicrous and others seemed plausible to some but are discredited now e.g. leaving the EU and a 20% drop in the value of our currency. These only became obvious errors through time although we haven't actually left the EU yet and some might argue an even bigger drop in the value of the Scottish currency had we voted Yes.

I'd be interested to know which elements of project fear in relation to the Eu will not materialise after we leave. As i understand it several scenarios have been investigated and none are good. Which elements of our wellbeing are most likely to improve as a result of leaving the EU?

It's time to do an intelligence test before people can vote... 

9 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Some of the points made in the Indy ref campaign were ludicrous and others seemed plausible to some but are discredited now e.g. leaving the EU and a 20% drop in the value of our currency. These only became obvious errors through time although we haven't actually left the EU yet and some might argue an even bigger drop in the value of the Scottish currency had we voted Yes.

I'd be interested to know which elements of project fear in relation to the Eu will not materialise after we leave. As i understand it several scenarios have been investigated and none are good. Which elements of our wellbeing are most likely to improve as a result of leaving the EU?

Nothing will improve. How can it? The little old UK does not have greater bargaining power with ROW than the EU Block. Ditto little UK is not going to have the EU over a barrel deal or no deal...On the contrary Trump will have us over a barrel. We are destined for a constant decline. Foreign holidays are already more expensive. Immigrants will be allowed in from the Commonwealth to replace the ones prevented from coming in from EU. This will result in greater cultural polarity problems in the UK. Brexit will not solve immigration. Brexit will just increase red tape and bureaucracy. We are back to being outsiders not just geographic outsiders...

I cannot think of a single benefit other than those who want to rule us in UK will have more power concentrated in their hands...freakin' great news that!...

The Mighty Thor

Baw Jaws going for the blue rinse motherload by announcing a new tough immigration regime when he gets in. No details mind you, as usual, but that will hit the spot with the little englanders.

The Tory inquiry into institutional Islamophobia within the party has been quietly downgraded to a more general investigation into prejudice.

Took them less than a week to sweep it all back under the carpet.

doctor jambo
On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 07:40, The Mighty Thor said:

Baw Jaws going for the blue rinse motherload by announcing a new tough immigration regime when he gets in. No details mind you, as usual, but that will hit the spot with the little englanders.

Should sail through the election now he has called the French "turds" whilst he was the Foreign Secretary.

MIddle-Englander-Bingo   its a full house!

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Should sail through the election now he has called the French "turds" whilst he was the Foreign Secretary.

His followers will be loving it.

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

His followers will be loving it.

Funny these upper class English have got names for everybody...jocks, taffys, paddys, frogs, krauts. It’s almost like they think they’re better than everyone else. 

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Funny these upper class English have got names for everybody...jocks, taffys, paddys, frogs, krauts. It’s almost like they think they’re better than everyone else. 

Also playing the score from 633 Squadron.

25 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Also playing the score from 633 Squadron.

A film where the squadron leader was Canadian, his navigator/bomb aimer was Scottish and the entire squadron failed to return!

Although they did succeed, I suppose....

Trapper John McIntyre
4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

He's not wrong there though is he?

Trapper John McIntyre
50 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Not that you ever hear upper class Scots denigrating other nationalities.

Unthinkable.

23 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Unthinkable.

Are you the great defender of all things English/British? You must hate being born in Scotland.

25 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Unthinkable.

Where do you regard as your country's capital city?

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Are you the great defender of all things English/British? You must hate being born in Scotland.

Self loathing Scots are probably turds.?

Trapper John McIntyre
17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Self loathing Scots are probably turds.?

...second only to Nationalist Scots turds. 

doctor jambo
29 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

...second only to Nationalist Scots turds. 

Stick a saltire on a big Scottish shite and people will call it Alex

Work in Scotland £43000 higher tax.Work in England £80000 higher tax.S N P and independence dead in the water.Thats Boris.

maroonlegions
On 28/06/2019 at 16:44, Julie1957 said:

Work in Scotland £43000 higher tax.Work in England £80000 higher tax.S N P and independence dead in the water.Thats Boris.

:notsure:

maroonlegions

Tonight Stormzy made history by being the first black solo British headliner at Glastonbury.

The performance was political, iconic and the ballet was beautifully powerful. It won't just go down in Glastonbury history - it'll go down in our country's cultural history.

20 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Tonight Stormzy made history by being the first black solo British headliner at Glastonbury.

The performance was political, iconic and the ballet was beautifully powerful. It won't just go down in Glastonbury history - it'll go down in our country's cultural history.

Too big for his boots!