Gullane Sand Dunes.....!

Section Q

8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

It’s universally acknowledged and confirmed by Levein that our fitness under Cathro dipped dramatically.

The question was did you watch any of cathros Training sessions?

Levein might've said what he did but we probably had more injuries last year to the first team ?

All of this while levein oversaw the  majority of training sessions

The main reason levein said the players weren't fit was to buy him time to sort out the mess he created

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• portobellojambo1

• busby1985

• Jammy T

8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

It’s universally acknowledged and confirmed by Levein that our fitness under Cathro dipped dramatically.

Its pretty accurate to say levein oversaw the whole pre season and as dof whom appointment the guy should be stepping in to say the fitness  wasn't good enough

5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Amazing that all our resident fitness experts also hate Levein. Some coincidence that.

Yes. quite an amazing coincidence that.

Inch Hearts
On 22/06/2019 at 10:20, portobellojambo1 said:

The part of the season we looked best in last season was strangely enough the first few weeks of the season, i.e. the period during which the players probably got most benefit from all the hard work done down at Gullane. For some to say the reason we were so poor last season was because we took the players to Gullane is fecking bonkers.

The form book kind of disagrees. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Inch Hearts
5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Amazing that all our resident fitness experts also hate Levein. Some coincidence that.

Yet the professional experts that think Guilane is perfectly fine are Levein rimmers?  I’m meh either way, don’t have an issue with it, definitely not linked to injuries imo.

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The form book kind of disagrees. 

I'm aware that our form dropped after the first few weeks of the season, I witnessed every game every week. However, the one thing I wouldn't say played any part in it was us training down at Gullane, none of the injuries which players came by were down to that.

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm aware that our form dropped after the first few weeks of the season, I witnessed every game every week. However, the one thing I wouldn't say played any part in it was us training down at Gullane, none of the injuries which players came by were down to that.

Yeah agree with that.   Your post indicates  came strong towards the end of the season though which clearly wasn’t the case. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

On 16/06/2019 at 15:06, luckydug said:

If thats the case why weren't Jock Wallace 's Rangers teams and JJs Hearts teams riddled with injuries and unfit by October ?

Or is it just that footballers are soft nowadays ?

The club were regular visitors to Gullane Sands long, long before Jock Wallace was the club trainer.

On 22/06/2019 at 18:48, Five to One said:

Are Hibs waiting to see if we visit the dunes? Copying us in every other way ?‍♂️ 

I maybe wrong here but Hibs were also regular visitors to the Sands back in the day and possibly before Hearts used them for pre season.

jamboinglasgow
46 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

exactly, the idea that one session at the Dunes in a pre-season was the reason for our injury problems is mad. 

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

exactly, the idea that one session at the Dunes in a pre-season was the reason for our injury problems is mad. 

I think HMFC went down to Gullane a few time in the past, not many but a few. Running, and hills, did play a part in the past though. I think HMFC's preferred choice or easier choice of location for getting the players lungs and muscles working hard again was to spend a couple of days up around the Braid Hills Golf Course area.

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think HMFC went down to Gullane a few time in the past, not many but a few. Running, and hills, did play a part in the past though. I think HMFC's preferred choice or easier choice of location for getting the players lungs and muscles working hard again was to spend a couple of days up around the Braid Hills Golf Course area.

Certainly.

I think Levein used Gullane last season for mental reasons as much as fitness. Players going through a grueling session like that together bonds the team spirit and gives them a point when they are feeling things tough physically in the game that they have been a harder place together and came out of it.

Michael Smith said as much last season when we were on our winning run.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/michael-smith-hearts-day-at-gullane-beach-was-my-hardest-in-football-1-4803704

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yeah agree with that.   Your post indicates  came strong towards the end of the season though which clearly wasn’t the case. 

The only part of the season I said I thought we got benefit from it was the first few weeks. In all honesty I'd have probably preferred if Craig had taken them back down to Gullane again during the Winter break rather than going across to Spain

portobellojambo1
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Certainly.

I think Levein used Gullane last season for mental reasons as much as fitness. Players going through a grueling session like that together bonds the team spirit and gives them a point when they are feeling things tough physically in the game that they have been a harder place together and came out of it.

Michael Smith said as much last season when we were on our winning run.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/michael-smith-hearts-day-at-gullane-beach-was-my-hardest-in-football-1-4803704

There's a saying that goes along the lines of no pain, no gain.

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The only part of the season I said I thought we got benefit from it was the first few weeks. In all honesty I'd have probably preferred if Craig had taken them back down to Gullane again during the Winter break rather than going across to Spain

Yeah im a *****.  I read it as last few weeks.  Sorry mate.

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yeah im a *****.  I read it as last few weeks.  Sorry mate.

No problem, I had to go back and read my post again as I thought I'd got it arse to tit :)

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

No problem, I had to go back and read my post again as I thought I'd got it arse to tit :)

Nope, that was my issue :lol: thanks for being so gentlemanly :) 

3 hours ago, jambocub said:

The question was did you watch any of cathros Training sessions?

Levein might've said what he did but we probably had more injuries last year to the first team ?

All of this while levein oversaw the  majority of training sessions

The main reason levein said the players weren't fit was to buy him time to sort out the mess he created

From inside the club from my only contact - his training sessions in theory were great but he couldn’t communicate **** all. I have one contact with one player and that’s is what I know. The player is still there so it is not a sour grapes story.

Is that OK for you?

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't know if Jock Wallace was the pioneer of this torture but he certainly used it. Almost brought an even more premature death to Willie Hamilton than his eventual one.  Which was a shame because late in his career and obviously far from the peak of fitness Willie was still a standout in the team of that time ..

Tokyo Drifter
On 15/06/2019 at 21:10, Section Q said:

Are they on the agenda for pre season...?

Worried in case Vanecek pegs it....!

You won't have to worry about him pegging it - he was last seen legging it. He's signed for Viktor Orban's pet team.

Five to One
14 hours ago, dannymack said:

The club were regular visitors to Gullane Sands long, long before Jock Wallace was the club trainer.

I maybe wrong here but Hibs were also regular visitors to the Sands back in the day and possibly before Hearts used them for pre season.

Should have clarified, I was making reference to the commemorative tile initiative and the charity shirt sponsorship.