Sixty one years ago

Sharpie

That many years ago met a young Canadian girl. Got married moved to Canada. Now live in Kelowna B.C. Today is our heavy house cleaning day and I put on some music. As it turned out it was Hector Nicol and the Hearts song, it was interesting to hear that once young Canadian girl, nine year Edinburgh resident, dusting and polishing while singing perfectly the words of the Hearts song. You just don't know what life is going to bring you.

Edited by bobsharp

My girlfriend has had a ST for Easter Road for about 20 years. 

I think I've ****ed up somewhere.

40 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

My girlfriend has had a ST for Easter Road for about 20 years. 

I think I've ****ed up somewhere.

Many many places.

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

That many years ago met a young Canadian girl. Got married moved to Canada. Now live in Kelowna B.C. Today is our heavy house cleaning day and I put on some music. As it turned out it was Hector Nicol and the Hearts song, it was interesting to hear that once young Canadian girl, nine year Edinburgh resident, dusting and polishing while singing perfectly the words of the Hearts song. You just don't know what life is going to bring you.

Legend is overused these days,Bob you are indeed a JKB legend.

59 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Bob. Have you retained your Scottish accent, or do you now sound like a Canadian ? 

Great post, as always.  

It really depends on whom I am dealing with, people I deal with on a daily basis don't hear the Scottish part, in Vegas I have been taken as Irish,and Australian. When in Edinburgh I have been called a Yank, but I don't think it is accent I think its more vocabulary. For myself I feel I have cut back on stressing the letter R, and I know I do speak more properly in general, but thats a whole roundabout way of telling you a clear answer to the question.

2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Good stuff, Bob. You obviously have impeccable taste in women. :thumb:

For my 50th wedding anniversary all my grandchildren, born and raised in Canada, serenaded me with the Hearts song. This year is my 60th wedding anniversary and they are arranging a big bash.  All guests have been requested to wear an article of maroon clothing.  It's comforting to know that my family have all had a proper upbringing!!

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Good stuff, Bob. You obviously have impeccable taste in women. :thumb:

For my 50th wedding anniversary all my grandchildren, born and raised in Canada, serenaded me with the Hearts song. This year is my 60th wedding anniversary and they are arranging a big bash.  All guests have been requested to wear an article of maroon clothing.  It's comforting to know that my family have all had a proper upbringing!!

That was sure special, sixty years married do you get asked on occasion like me , "to the same woman?. I'll catch up with you next March sixty years.

Great stuff, Mr Sharp!

Your surname is well in line with the quality of your posts.

Hope the lum reeks for many more years for you and ‘yer wee burd’.

Morgan