Jake Mulraney

Leveins Battalion

Leveins Battalion

Very impressed with young Jake towards the end of the season,have a feeling he will really kick on next season.

Me too. I felt he was the bit flair we needed at times. Was one of the only players towards the end I ever seen make a break and run at a defence. Hope he can find a place and a position.

He really has kicked on and improved since he arrived, so happy he got his goal before the season ended and what a cracker it was.

upgotheheads

One way to think of a player is would you be bothered if he was playing against you? Jake comes in the category yes.

He's not terrible by any means but he's not brilliant. A decent option to have but if we want to finish higher up the league, we need better than him. We need a marquee signing for out wide and another for the middle if we want to progress next year. 

Robbo-Jambo

Think he still learning his trade but he certainly has the ability to becoming a very good player. 

Good wingers are like gold dust. 

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

One way to think of a player is would you be bothered if he was playing against you? Jake comes in the category yes.

Mulraney is certainly improving, but I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if he was playing against us.

Loads of ability, unbelievable pace. Adds decision making and a bit composure, which can be learnt, we're in!

Well done to the lad for his late season form. Need to play in a 442 to get best out of him imo

The difference in him between the start of the season and the end was very noticeable.  Let's hope he can continue it. Can be exciting on his game 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Player who I thought would be a waste of space,  but really quite a strong performance in the end

You knew he’d improved when you wanted him rested for the final.

Admittedly, that was in part to lack of quality forward options as much as him improving. It’s been good to see how he’s come on though. 

A good example of someone consciously trying to bring consistency to his game, have an effect on matches and make a telling contribution. Some could learn and it also tells you the guy has a bit character. 

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What’s not to like? ?

The person that signed him and the lack of end product.

Back in the real world.... a cracking talent who's is progressing rather swimmingly, could do with learning how to defend. If that was to happen he would then become a very valuable asset. 

3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

The person that signed him and the lack of end product.

Back in the real world.... a cracking talent who's is progressing rather swimmingly, could do with learning how to defend. If that was to happen he would then become a very valuable asset. 

Always been my favourite sort of players, wingers. Nothing gets you off your seat like a guy who just wants to run at the opposition.

Wingers who have a final product every time are very rare creatures who because of that are worth huge amounts. I’m quite happy with Jake’s work ethic and application to the team. 

Wingers won't play the perfect ball every time in the same way a striker doesn't score with every effort. 

He's young. Is quite powerful for a winger. Always wants to run at defences and cause problems. He can leave most players for dead in a race for possession.

He isn't outstanding quality but he is getting better all the time and his age means he has plenty of time to improve. Definitely one of the first names on the team sheet right now. 

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Wingers won't play the perfect ball every time in the same way a striker doesn't score with every effort. 

He's young. Is quite powerful for a winger. Always wants to run at defences and cause problems. He can leave most players for dead in a race for possession.

He isn't outstanding quality but he is getting better all the time and his age means he has plenty of time to improve. Definitely one of the first names on the team sheet right now. 

I agree with this. I do feel that we need to have bring in someone with more experience. Mulraney in the 2nd half of the season was much improved and assured than what we first saw. I think the added benefit of bringing someone thats been about the block would reduce the burden on Jake and allow him to focus more on continuing his development and learning from someone who knows what their doing. 

been here before
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Very impressed with young Jake towards the end of the season,have a feeling he will really kick on next season.

2 hours ago, kila said:

He really has kicked on and improved since he arrived, so happy he got his goal before the season ended and what a cracker it was.

Boom!! Double house.

I like Mulraney. He has that element of excitement about him.

Plus theres probably a player in there.

Confidence is the key with Jake. 

Once he got game time and started getting some decent performances under his belt he just grew as a player. His main attribute is pace and beating a man, something which you can see he needs to have self confidence in doing.

When he plays with the breaks on, he's just not that good.

If he builds up his confidence and belief in himself, he will terrorise defences.

Got the potential to be brilliant.

End of the season came at the wrong time for him.

Hopefully his confidence stays high over the summer.

Have heard he is one of the best technical players in training but just needs to have more confidence with the final pass/shot.