JOINT 8TH IN THE LEAGUE

JJ93

If we forget the split, according to our points tally and goal difference we would have finished joint eighth in the league.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/table

Unbelievable. This isn't an anti-Levein post but I must say that Budge must really believe in him. Sometimes football is far too short-sighted with managers and players coming in and out within a blink of an eye. Hopefully this long term strategy pays off, as it hasn't in the short-term... be it because of injuries or otherwise.

Looking forward to getting more summer signings. Hopefully we can start the new season like we did the last.

Edited by JJ93

jamboinglasgow

You cant ignore the split, the teams with more points than us have been playing the 5 worst teams in the league in the final 5 games, while we played the top 5 teams in the league and even then we end up 1 point behind St Johnstone.

William H. Bonney

I don’t like levein, I want him out but you do realise we were in the top six, therefore we played top six teams. 

Motherwell had an easier run in. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

If we forget the split, according to our points tally and goal difference we would have finished joint eighth in the league.

Unbelievable. This isn't an anti-Levein post but I must say that Budge must really believe in him. Sometimes football is far too short-sighted with managers and players coming in and out within a blink of an eye. Hopefully this long term strategy pays off, as it hasn't in the short-term... be it because of injuries or otherwise.

Looking forward to getting more summer signings. Hopefully we can start the new season like we did the last.

How can we forget the split when it gave us a totally different set of fixtures to those in the bottom half? Of course the 7th placed team picked up more points than the 6th placed team, they faced 5 teams worse than them while we faced Celtic, the rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock

“If we forget the split” and then go on to talk about all 38 games. Including the split.

FarmerTweedy
13 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

If we forget the split?  You mean, if we ignore reality and just make shit up?  Yeah, that sounds like a great idea!

If we forget about the total drivel you've actually posted here, your post is just mediocre rather than utter shite!  Easy gane this, isn't it?

FarmerTweedy
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

A strange and somewhat suspicious thread.

It's getting increasingly difficult to tell which posters are actually h1b5 interlopers and which ones are just so desperate to see the back of Levein that they can't even take a few weeks off making up shit to disparage him over the summer!

davemclaren

Where would our points tally have left us in the Bundesliga?  Just about as relevant ??‍♂️ 

6th.....8th.....who cares......rubbish league season!

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

6th.....8th.....who cares......rubbish league season!

I’m sure you, and others, would be even more vociferous if we had actually finished 8th...and rightly so. 

Saint Jambo

I just looked at group C of the women's world cup and we've not picked up a single point making us joint 4th with Jamaica. Hoping with a long-term strategy we can still win the Super Bowl.

SpruceBringsteen

If you forget all the games we lost and drew, we finished with a 100% record. Check mate. :cool:

CloustonHMFC

Ridiculous post and quite rightly getting the ridicule it deserves. We finished 6th. The end. 

If we forget all the games we played without more than one injury we won the league man! You must be delighted!

better_call_saul
22 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Take away the first 10 games.

Take away my uncle’s cock and he’s my auntie. 

Edited by better_call_saul

If you ignore reality we could all fly to Narnia on winged unicorns.

jamtartan74
2 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Take away the first 10 games.

Take away your name and the 9 and 7 and add a FTH NLTF ??

been here before

THE BOYS USED CAPS RIGHT THROUGH THE THREAD TITLE.

This alone proves he has a valid point.

Edited by been here before

I read the OP and knew instantly the JKB masses would go to town in this boy

:gok:

It was highlighted recently that the league prize money we received was based on points so finished ninth overall

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I read the OP and knew instantly the JKB masses would go to town in this boy

:gok:

Same :rofl:

like shooting fish fish in a barrel tbf

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Where would our points tally have left us in the Bundesliga?  Just about as relevant ??‍♂️ 

10th, just behind Hoffenheim on goal difference. 

Not a bad season that. ?

JOINT 8TH? No, that's not how 'joint' works.

If St Johnstone finished 6th, we'd be 7th. If our goal difference was the same as Motherwell's - which it wasn't - we'd be JOINT 7TH, not 8th.

You may as well say "If we forget about us winning 10 games this past season, we'd have finished in the play-off spot"!

Ridiculous! ?

Randy Marsh

Stupid thread but to be fair our goal difference of -8 is an absolute embarrassment.  A league which included St.Mirren, Hamilton and Dundee.:lol:

Finlay James
7 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Re your second paragraph, you're correct, football is far too short sighted.  Thankfully, we have an owner who gives systems and processes a chance to develop.  We will see the benefits long term, no doubt about that.

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

4 league titles

8 Scottish Cups

4 League Cups

Might as well settle for mediocrity forever then. 

Alex Kintner
7 hours ago, JJ93 said:

thats-because-youre-special-if-you-know-

Can’t believe Ive read the whole thread. Last season is over.

I’m already looking ahead. Sick of the constant CL bashing at times as it’s the same old turgid stuff. I’m sure the club know what to do this year if we have a repeat of the last two seasons. Why someone feels the need to start a thread about this is either a troll, attention seeker  or a leith vermin. 

Glass half full here so I predict a 3rd place finish. Avoid he erase cheeks and we could have another two good cup runs.

HHGH 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

It was highlighted recently that the league prize money we received was based on points so finished ninth overall

Nonsense. 

Tbf although the split does mean we played harder teams, we dropped points to all of the supposed worse teams.

However the leagues over, the management isn’t changing before the start of the season so fingers crossed they get recruitment right this summer and we improve next season. 

Bring on 12th July!! 

8 hours ago, JJ93 said:

I mean how many times does the split have to be explained ???

NaturalOrder74

The splits just unbalanced and absolutely crafted to give advantages where possible to the old film, if anything, if they have to do a split (i don’t think they should) but if it was to be balanced it should be one home one away game then a split then one home game one away game 

8 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Image result for dirty rotten scoundrels

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

No it hasn't. The SPFL published a list of payments to clubs. These payments were part payments of the total amounts paid. The list of totals paid clearly showed that every team earned more than any team that finished below them, including Hearts earning more than anyone in the bottom 6.

• davemclaren locked this topic