Cutting about in a tracksuit

Beast Boy

Anyone want to confess? Personally I’d rather leave the house in a convincing Harold Shipman mask and cardigan.

Might be generational...

Absolutely no way.

Scaffy clothing when worn out in public.

Loads of folk do it here and add the classless white socks and black trainers to complete 'the look'.

Just now, Barack said:

See above photo evidence. A young man about town like you, mate. 1990's...oh, aye. Can see it now.

?

:nojustno:

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

We know. "Le petit filous nouveau", as they say in Paris, Rodders.

images-5.jpeg

What about the ubiquitous grey hoody - grey flannel shit catcher joggers combo as worn by your average urban savage.   Like a post modern romper suit for burglars.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

What about the ubiquitous grey hoody - grey flannel shit catcher joggers combo as worn by your average urban savage.   Like a post modern romper suit for burglars.

:rofl: 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Not quite.

But come on .

Hard days graft in shower joggys shop for a carry out.

Wear a cool top does that save me?

?

2 minutes ago, Crete said:

Tracksuit with brogues

?

**** off McGlynn!

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

2 minutes ago, jake said:

Some right uptight boys on here I'll tell you.

?

Said Teddy Heath to the terrified batch of children that were arranged to meet and greet him as our Prime Minister. ?

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Said Teddy Heath to the terrified batch of children that were arranged to meet and greet him as our Prime Minister. ?

Bit of a leap but aye whatever

Craig Gordons Gloves
17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This! Every time i'm back i'm both stunned and dismayed in equal measure that people believe this to be acceptable.  I'm no fashion icon myself but the above outfit is enough to make me want to burn everything to the ground.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Anyone want to confess? Personally I’d rather leave the house in a convincing Harold Shipman mask and cardigan.

Might be generational...

Whats a tracksuit, mind them about 40 years ago, i do wear hearts shorts when i put my rubbish in the green bin, aye green. mup bin

I've never liked a matching tracksuit tbh. That said, I do wear a lot of tracksuit tops to work with jeans. Stylish ones at least.

I am fond of trackie bottoms and it's the only thing one can wear around the house I think. I wear them in public whenever I'm going to football training, games etc. and on the odd occasion when I just really can't be arsed to make an effort but I still try and look reasonably trendy.

I'm almost 26 so starting to feel increasingly more like I'm getting too old for trackies in public bar at football, but I've always found a full matching tracksuit a serious chavvy calling card.

Strange thing to bring up.

OP been flicking through the family album I suspect. 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Come on...folk on here had this effort...admit it...

:jjyay:

Screenshot_20190613-180650_Google.jpg

I did :lol:

24 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Strange thing to bring up.

OP been flicking through the family album I suspect. 

Says 'fitba tap - shorts - dress shoes - hanky on the heid' guy.   

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

This! Every time i'm back i'm both stunned and dismayed in equal measure that people believe this to be acceptable.  I'm no fashion icon myself but the above outfit is enough to make me want to burn everything to the ground.

living in Minnesota there is no need to tell us you ain’t no fashion icon. ?

Never used to but I do quite a lot now. My days tend to involve going to swim at 7am, going to work from 8-5 with my lunch spent at the gym, then 2 nights a week going to football after work. Weekends mainly spent walking outside and vegetating on the sofa with sport so I'm in joggers and sports clothes quite a lot whilst I transition from activity to activity.

SpruceBringsteen

Would 100% knock about (and have done) in an Adidas trackie top. However as there are exactly two seasons in New England (Venus and Hoth), it's no something I'll be doing for a while. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Locky said:

I've never liked a matching tracksuit tbh. That said, I do wear a lot of tracksuit tops to work with jeans. Stylish ones at least.

I am fond of trackie bottoms and it's the only thing one can wear around the house I think. I wear them in public whenever I'm going to football training, games etc. and on the odd occasion when I just really can't be arsed to make an effort but I still try and look reasonably trendy.

I'm almost 26 so starting to feel increasingly more like I'm getting too old for trackies in public bar at football, but I've always found a full matching tracksuit a serious chavvy calling card.

There's nothing wrong with a trackie top, or bottoms on their own. Together, it's almost as bad as a full strip.

2 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

There's nothing wrong with a trackie top, or bottoms on their own. Together, it's almost as bad as a full strip.

Add the baseball cap worn in all seasons and you have the full house.

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

You just described Griffiths' uniform of choice. 

Anyhoo, I'm more accustomed to be kicking about in this classy number ;

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2004-06-cameroon-puma-denim-gilet-vest-bnib.html

5 hours ago, Victorian said:

Tranent is full of them.

I don't ever wear one, but to be honest, who really cares what's right or wrong? 

Every morning I see a guy wearing a skirt and sandles, which is odd, but who's to say it's wrong. 

The only thing I despise is the grey cottons which local chavs wear only because its what the other chavs wear - Never black, never blue, always grey. 

I say wear whatever is comfortable and **** everyone's opinion, unless it's grey cottons being worn as part of a chav uniform that is. 

Edited by Col1874

Even owning elasticated tracksuit bottoms means youre a ned. End off. Embarrassing scaffy clobber. 

Edit: And whilst we are on the subject, folk who wear baseball caps are tits as well. Especially when theyre driving!

WTF is that all about? 

My neighbour wears a white one worn backwards like some 90’s gangsta rapper. 

Twat!

Edited by Pans Jambo

54 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Even owning elasticated tracksuit bottoms means youre a ned. End off. Embarrassing scaffy clobber. 

Edit: And whilst we are on the subject, folk who wear baseball caps are tits as well. Especially when theyre driving!

WTF is that all about? 

My neighbour wears a white one worn backwards like some 90’s gangsta rapper. 

Twat!

Meanwhile, at the home of Pans Jambo:

20120129-Tweed-Ride-_DSC9258.jpg

I sometimes wear Joggers to go to the gym to actually get some exercise. Have NEVER worn a full trackie and I grew up in the 1970's/80's. Punters wearing s full tracksuit to go anywhere else need to have a word. 

However Umpah Lumpah coloured lassies going to the shop in their jammies wi Ugg boots on and their ****** up eyebrows are worse

Edited by Jamhammer

Fultons Right Leg
15 hours ago, Barack said:

I had that very effort..... until my gran ironed it!! 

1 hour ago, Col1874 said:

Meanwhile, at the home of Pans Jambo:

20120129-Tweed-Ride-_DSC9258.jpg

A rather dashing chap I would say...

It's people wha cut aboot in Pyjamas that need loaked up. How hard is it tae stick oan a Trackie tae ga tae the shoaps. Ye see, if we wir independent, we could soart this Britnat haun me doon richt oot.

:leveinproblem:

Wore trackies to go to the pub last Saturday, admittedly we were off to Keep it Steel's Chav v Goth night at le belle angel!

Went with the full ensemble of nike air max, white kappa socks, adidas trackies, fred perry polo with the collar al la cantona, hair scraaped forwards with some wet look gel and a splash of CK one just for effect!

19 hours ago, Barack said:

Mid 80s I was in full scaff mode. I’d alternate between my Scotland tracksuit and Hearts one(washed between wearing of course) while honing my football skills on a daily basis on the many grassy slopes found around the Calders. (It’s actually a concrete jungle).

Now, wouldn’t find me with anything on to do with Scotland let alone a tracky.

Nearest I get these days is a pair of cotton joggie boats I have to throw on for walking the dug.