Patrick Kisnorbo speaks

tartofmidlothian

Seems a very modest guy. Almost feel sorry that he didn't get to come inside the ground etc.

Sure Craig would've been more than happy to meet him and show him about.

I liked Paddy. Good player, who enjoyed his football and played in a decent, and at times, high achieving team.

Fortunate is the Hibby who failed to block Paddy's strike in 2004. It would have taken his head off. 

Edited by martoon

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Locky said:

Seems a very modest guy. Almost feel sorry that he didn't get to come inside the ground etc.

Sure Craig would've been more than happy to meet him and show him about.

Sure if he had just went to the shop or ticket office he would have been pointed in the right direction of some of the office staff or ground staff.

They would have happily taken him around the ground.

rudi must stay
29 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Likeable guy, did a decent job despite having absolutely no talent on the ball. 

Paddy had that great Aussie work ethic.

IIRC he was linked with massive clubs. He was centre back for Leeds when they beat Man Utd 1-0 at Old Trafford which says alot about him as a player

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Paddy had that great Aussie work ethic.

IIRC he was linked with massive clubs. He was centre back for Leeds when they beat Man Utd 1-0 at Old Trafford which says alot about him as a player

Arsenal I think?

Mr Elwood P
12 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

There's a nice interview with him about his time at Hearts here. Interesting that Dundee United and Inverness were in for him before us.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/i-had-great-moments-at-hearts-patrick-kisnorbo-s-trip-back-to-tynecastle-1-4946456

Very humble and very positive about Levein, both in terms of his influence on his career as a player and now as a coach. Interesting that this thread has had so few replies ....

Edited by Mr Elwood P

9 hours ago, Peebo said:

Likeable guy, did a decent job despite having absolutely no talent on the ball. 

Skippy on ice

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Very humble and very positive about Levein, both in terms of his influence on his career as a player and now as a coach. Interesting that this thread has had so few replies ....

Easy, Mr E. 

Don't become like the dodgy poster who brings his pro-CL views into everything. It's ridiculously tiresome, bordering on trolling. 

Craig's success in his first stint as head coach in the days of Paddy Kisnorbo is beyond debate, imo. 

Finlay James

I always liked Kisnorbo, he was an honest pro and a great athlete also.  We need more like him.  He was typical of those who come via the Australian Institute of Sport.

I met him in a bar on George street once.  We spoke for ages, he was a top bloke who loved it at Hearts.  He was with Alan Maybury, the less said about him the better.

gashauskis9

Had a night on the tequilas with this legend back in the day.  A nicer guy you’ll never meet, humble as ****.

Edited by Gashauskis9

Mr Elwood P
8 hours ago, martoon said:

Easy, Mr E. 

Don't become like the dodgy poster who brings his pro-CL views into everything. It's ridiculously tiresome, bordering on trolling. 

Craig's success in his first stint as head coach in the days of Paddy Kisnorbo is beyond debate, imo. 

If nothing else my 'bump' has doubled the number of posts on the thread!

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, martoon said:

Easy, Mr E. 

:thumbsup:

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I always liked Kisnorbo, he was an honest pro and a great athlete also.  We need more like him.  He was typical of those who come via the Australian Institute of Sport.

I agree with most of that apart from the bit in bold. Being an honest pro and a great athlete doesn't mean he was a great footballer. 

It's to his credit that he carved out the career that he did. ?

Салатные палочки

Loved his goal v. Hibs. 

Shame he didn't get in to the stadium, as mentioned above I am sure CL would have been happy to see him again.