fixtures released ( updated )

BASIL_HEARTS

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Only when the GFPL have organised the most suitable dates and times for the bigot sisters. Then we and the rest will get our Friday nights, Saturday and Sunday morning and Monday night fixtures. 

The majority of our early Sat and Sun fixtures are against the OF. It’s because it’s them they are changed. Suitable for who ?

It’s TV that dictates fixtures, no one else. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• letsalldothebeattie

• Mikey1874

• Smoked-Glass

Smoked-Glass

In the long run it doesn't really matter.  We play everyone and generally alternate home and away each week. 

If we do get flag day at darkheed then at least it will be on the TV. 

Bound to be at home as we've been away the last 2 years.

Would imagine we won't get Celtic or County as they'll be at home for the flag business. Probably won't get Aberdeen, Rangers or Hibs.

As an aside, when did we last play Aberdeen on the opening day? Can't say I remember it in my lifetime.

8 minutes ago, Locky said:

Would imagine we won't get Celtic or County as they'll be at home for the flag business. Probably won't get Aberdeen, Rangers or Hibs.

As an aside, when did we last play Aberdeen on the opening day? Can't say I remember it in my lifetime.

Pretty sure the first game will be away as Tynecastle is being used for some Festival-related concert.

Just now, Haken said:

Pretty sure the first game will be away as Tynecastle is being used for some Festival-related concert.

Right enough. Although I think that thing is on the Friday and we could play on the Sunday?

Doesn't really matter I guess, it just feels like it's been ages since we opened the season at home. In fact, Robbie Neilson was still in charge and Brendan Rodgers had just got started at Celtic. Seems like an age ago.

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Right enough. Although I think that thing is on the Friday and we could play on the Sunday?

Doesn't really matter I guess, it just feels like it's been ages since we opened the season at home. In fact, Robbie Neilson was still in charge and Brendan Rodgers had just got started at Celtic. Seems like an age ago.

I vaguely remember reading some article about it which would mean that the pitch would be covered, so probably not available all weekend.

17 minutes ago, Locky said:

We beat Aberdeen at Tynecastle on opening day in about 2002, I think.  Pretty sure it hasn't happened since.

I've a feeling we'll end up at Parkhead for the flag nonsense after they were "snubbed" by Sky last year.  

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, gordiegords said:

Heard the fixtures have been leaked, hearts livi at Tynecastle first game.

You’ve heard wrong then 

6 minutes ago, Haken said:

I vaguely remember reading some article about it which would mean that the pitch would be covered, so probably not available all weekend.

It starts at 7pm on the Friday, so would make sense to give the pitch a bit of time to recover.  Almost definitely an away game to start. 

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Bellion said:

It starts at 7pm on the Friday, so would make sense to give the pitch a bit of time to recover.  Almost definitely an away game to start. 

Remember when we were a football club first. Joke if true.

9 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It was announced some weeks ago.  Wee bit of additional income for the club and prmotoes it as a decent events venue.  Not too much to be raging about.

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I'd imagine we are getting paid a fair amount for the use of Tynecastle.

In return we might have to play one of our league games away from home, which we would have to do at some stage anyway

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Haken said:

It was announced some weeks ago.  Wee bit of additional income for the club and prmotoes it as a decent events venue.  Not too much to be raging about.

Aye lets not worry about giving ourselves the best chance for a good start in the League

Can't get that worked up about it tbh.  If the club makes money off the concert, good. 

Think we're only due 16 home games this year anyway, so starting with a home game would just mean a bigger imbalance a little bit down the line.  All works out. 

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Aye lets not worry about giving ourselves the best chance for a good start in the League

We started away from home last season and won.  I'm sure we could do it again if we really try hard .

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Another thing to get upset about for no good reason i see.

It would appear sp.  Joke of a club.  Added to the fact that the extra income from the concert is being given to Hearts Ladies, just adding insult to injury.

Just now, Haken said:

It would appear sp.  Joke of a club.  Added to the fact that the extra income from the concert is being given to Hearts Ladies, just adding insult to injury.

:clyay: 

The shame of having to play some games away from home.

37 minutes ago, Bellion said:

We beat Aberdeen at Tynecastle on opening day in about 2002, I think.  Pretty sure it hasn't happened since.

I've a feeling we'll end up at Parkhead for the flag nonsense after they were "snubbed" by Sky last year.  

Must be a wee bit before 2002 because I'm sure 02-03 was a trip to Dens, and 01-02 was a gubbing at Almondvale.

15 minutes ago, Bellion said:

Just checked...I was close but it was 03/04: https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/200308091.html 

League debuts for Wyness and Hartley! 

I can remember every opening day fixture from 01-02 onwards except that one. :lol:

Am I right in saying that our last opening day top flight fixture vs Rangers was 98-99? 4-2 after the cup final.

StevenNaismith
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

I can remember every opening day fixture from 01-02 onwards except that one. :lol:

Am I right in saying that our last opening day top flight fixture vs Rangers was 98-99? 4-2 after the cup final.

We beat them on the opening day of 14/15 at Ibrox. 98/99 was a 2-1 win at Tynecastle, Advocaat’s first game in charge.

Just now, Locky said:

Tbf I don't think it was very memorable. I only remember it because I was away and it took me absolutely ages to find out the score! 

We had Rangers on the opening day a couple of weeks before Sergio was appointed. Obua scored, 1-1 at Ibrox. 

We've had basically all of the regular SPL teams at some point since Aberdeen. Not had St Mirren, Ross County or Livingston for ages. Any of them would be OK. Livi would be good, actually. Big away support for the first day. 

10 minutes ago, Bellion said:

Tbf I don't think it was very memorable. I only remember it because I was away and it took me absolutely ages to find out the score! 

We had Rangers on the opening day a couple of weeks before Sergio was appointed. Obua scored, 1-1 at Ibrox. 

We've had basically all of the regular SPL teams at some point since Aberdeen. Not had St Mirren, Ross County or Livingston for ages. Any of them would be OK. Livi would be good, actually. Big away support for the first day. 

How could I forget that! I was talking pish before then, I remember all opening days except 03-04 and 11-12 :lol:

Saying that, I do remember 11-12 I just forgot about it. Genuinely don't remember 03-04 at all.

12 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

We beat them on the opening day of 14/15 at Ibrox. 98/99 was a 2-1 win at Tynecastle, Advocaat’s first game in charge.

Yeah I remember the Championship one. Think i'm getting 98 mixed up with the 4-2 cup tie from earlier in the 90's, 94?

Not sure what the big intrigue is?

we will play the same shite teams as we did last year +/- 1 or 2 other shit teams.

I am in no hurry to see a list of those teams.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Bellion said:

Can't get that worked up about it tbh.  If the club makes money off the concert, good. 

Think we're only due 16 home games this year anyway, so starting with a home game would just mean a bigger imbalance a little bit down the line.  All works out. 

Why are we losing out on 3 home games?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-2019-20-scottish-premiership-fixtures-the-jambos-opening-day-record-over-the-last-15-years-1-4951195

Evening News have done a wee recap. Must have read this thread!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Sorry, 16/33. Then 3 post-split. 

Smoked-Glass
22 minutes ago, Locky said:

How could I forget that! I was talking pish before then, I remember all opening days except 03-04 and 11-12 :lol:

Saying that, I do remember 11-12 I just forgot about it. Genuinely don't remember 03-04 at all.

2003 was 2-0 v Aberdeen.   Great day. 

WheatfieldWarrior
On 13/06/2019 at 12:17, letsalldothebeattie said:

If it means we aren't going to Parkhead for the trophy day again then ill be fine with that

I'd prefer a home game when we pickup the trophy.

NaturalOrder74

Aye hibs home or away would be the perfect start for me, really don’t want either of the OF to start off 

On 19/06/2019 at 12:31, mitch41 said:

It may not effect you but many fans look at the fixtures to book holidays from long weekends to a fortnights. It seems that the SPL love to go on holiday while the EPL get the job done. i don’t want to miss any games this season and getting the fixtures published would be a real help to many fans.

I can't confirm certain OT weekend shifts at my work until I know the fixtures, hope the fixtures that get changed for TV are done soon after fixtures released too. 

6 hours ago, EH22-Jambo said:

I can't confirm certain OT weekend shifts at my work until I know the fixtures, hope the fixtures that get changed for TV are done soon after fixtures released too. 

Well we know that it will be every Celtic and Rangers away game will be televised and the rest will be treated like crap. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well we know that it will be every Celtic and Rangers away game will be televised and the rest will be treated like crap. 

That’s as always. Sadly they have the biggest tv audience between them. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s as always. Sadly they have the biggest tv audience between them. 

So if Bournemouth play Brighton live on SKY do Man Utd kick up a fuss. After all we only get peanuts from TV.

Edited by mitch41

letsalldothebeattie

Why do I have a bad feeling we are going to have a bad start to the season with Celtic, Rangers, Hibs & Aberdeen in the opening weeks

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

Why do I have a bad feeling we are going to have a bad start to the season with Celtic, Rangers, Hibs & Aberdeen in the opening weeks

All away as well:laugh: