fixtures released ( updated )

BASIL_HEARTS

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Notts1874 said:

No the whole University. Tough game.

Pity its behind closed doors, I wanted to get my boating blazer out for that one, with a lovely pair of cream slacks

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• letsalldothebeattie

• Mikey1874

• Smoked-Glass

47 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Opening game potentially moved to Sunday if dons get through Europa. 

Otherwise it's the same kick off time as Cove Rangers v Edinburgh City.

The Police up here won't be used to multiple SPFL matches starting at the same time so could see how they react as well.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Otherwise it's the same kick off time as Cove Rangers v Edinburgh City.

The Police up here won't be used to multiple SPFL matches starting at the same time so could see how they react as well.

Tricky one, Cove v Edinburgh is a big flashpoint in the calendar.

27 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Glad we'll get celtic game out the way fairly early into new season.

That is usually always the case.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Anyone got our form guide for our last 10 SPL games please? I heard it was 1 win.

Thought you didn't care?

JamboGraham
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

For info, that first game of the season will be a SUNDAY. Aberdeen most likely to advance in Europe, pretty sure they have a tie on the Thursday if they are in the next round

Just had a look to see what else could move...up to the round of 32 for the Europa League.

As you say the Aberdeen opener looks near certain to move. If Celtic end up in the Europa League Play Off round then the away tie with them on the 22nd August moves to a Sunday.

Much less likely is the home game versus Killie on the 3rd October (EL Matchday 2) and an outside chance Rangers away on 28th November (EL Matchday 5) needing changed.

No other Europa League match dates clash with Scottish sides in Europe (for us!).

As reported before the Europa League does not clash with the League Cup semi finals this year with over a week between the ties.

Edited by JamboGraham

Doesnt matter to me.  Fact is, we always have to play these fixtures at some point.  Anything more than 6 points from the 1st 4 will represent a good start.  Performance have to be good.  High octane.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Looking at min 21 points first 10 games

What makes you think that?

we have only added the one player - a defender who might not even play much if Berra and Souttar start...

Hagar the Horrible

The tougher games are spread apart, Keep the injury list down and return Tynie into a fortress once again,  then the only problem is how we do on the road, and stop dropping stupid points, but we need to be attacking

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

what's with 2 home games in a row and 2 away games in a row in the first half of the season.

computer have a meltdown there 

You do realise that if every team just alternated between home and away each game, you'd only get to play half of the league?

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

22 I reckon. 

Hoping for 30. Celtic away is the only game where we should not expect 3 points.

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Anyone got our form guide for our last 10 SPL games please? I heard it was 1 win.

What difference does it make? Of all your posts this is up there with the strangest

been here before
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Are those the "about ten games" you've suddenly remembered you went to last year after a year of not going or caring?

Edited by been here before

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Not sure. As of season coming games only on Sky Sports. No BT sport for the season coming.

I thought the joint Sky/BT deal covered the coming season, then it was Sky only from the following season. Could be wrong of course, it happened once before!!!!

Edit: already confirmed by others!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

davemclaren
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I thought the joint Sky/BT deal covered the coming season, then it was Sky only from the following season. Could be wrong of course, it happened once before!!!!

Edit: already confirmed by others!

I think you are correct. 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, blairdin said:

How many times have our away games to County been midweek? 

Other than that, no complaints. Good to get Aberdeen and Celtic away out the way early. 

My take too. Quite happy with those opening fixtures. Got to play them sometime, may as well be while their new players are bedding in like ours.

Geoff Kilpatrick

This thread is drowning in negativity. 30 points from the first 10 games folks. No belief at all!

22 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Doesnt matter to me.  Fact is, we always have to play these fixtures at some point.  Anything more than 6 points from the 1st 4 will represent a good start.  Performance have to be good.  High octane.

We don’t though - with 3 full rounds of games we’ll always play some teams twice away from home.

So each season is not the same nor is each season fixture list completely balanced.

Also you will know that post split, if we are in the top 6, there is every chance that we have to play Celtic or Aberdeen away from home 3 times in a season.

You couldn’t actually make it up.

Has an impact on is financially as well.

Only one derby and one Celtic game guaranteed at home. Outside of that we only have Aberdeen once and they bring the 4th biggest support to Tynie.

So we have been shat on a bit this season IMO. Playing and financial disadvantages.

Edited by Jammy T

17 hours ago, Gambo said:

Hoping for 30. Celtic away is the only game where we should not expect 3 points.

Yep, set the bar at impossible then there is huge scope to mouth off continuously.

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Yep, set the bar at impossible then there is huge scope to mouth off continuously.

Impossible for losers maybe.

Aberdeen away, Hibs away and Rangers at home are hard games but definitely games we should be looking to take 3 points from and not look at a draw as a great result, the rest we should be beating with ease, UNLESS 6th is our target again.

I also understand football is not as simple as that and poor results happen now and again, but we had and accepted far too many poor results last season.

To be unbeaten in 8 of our first 11 games is a high target but much more realistic and still ambitious. So a target of 21 to 24 points from our first 10 games would have us in the top 3 easily.

I’d then like to be unbeaten in 9 of our second 11 games as the fixtures are arguably more favourable - so something like 23-27 points in the second round, again a high but achievable target.

44-51 points going into the last round of games would have us placed very nicely IMO.

Celtic will drop more points this season thanks last and Rangers will continue to drop points. Aberdeen are plateauing at best. Killie and Hibs - complete Unknown’s but don’t look particularly dangerous over the season.

Edited by Jammy T

Forever Hearts
On 21/06/2019 at 12:37, Marvin said:

Glad we'll get celtic game out the way fairly early into new season.

Why? Under Lennon they are very much beatable.