Next years Scottish cup final date

the general

Its not like there is a perfectly good stadium that they could use to keep the final as the last game of the season.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, heartandsoul said:

Pathetic GFA

Pretty normal tbf, no surprises in this, remember wanting to play the 2 league cup semis on the same day, beyond belief that lot.

Unknown user

The first of the Euro games isn't until 20th June, surely we could still have the final around it's traditional mid to late May and still have enough time to prepare the  stadium for a game of football.

The SFA really have no shame, so pathetic

Moving it to Murrayfield makes perfect sense, and depending who makes the final, a larger/sell out crowd of 68,000 is possible

The Glasgow obsession is totally ****ing our game

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Moving it to Murrayfield makes perfect sense, and depending who makes the final, a larger/sell out crowd of 68,000 is possible

Preview for summer football 

FA cup final in England not moved, even though Wembley is also being used for Euro 2020. SFA making up their own rules again

Just now, Dough Ball said:

FA cup final in England not moved, even though Wembley is also being used for Euro 2020. SFA making up their own rules again

Fair point

Wembley just has semis and final though. Weeks later than first game at Hampden.

Shanks said no

I can live with this, win the cup and the following weekend play Hibs at Tynecastle, and we can party again while the hide in their beds.

41 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

My wife's birthday. It's an omen.

My 45th wedding anniversary.  Could be tricky.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I blame that Petrie twat.

Is it his birthday too?

132goals1958

The final is the showpiece end to the season so surely it is not outwith the realms of possibility to bring forward the league fixtures  which would culminate the first week in May. They only have to find one date over a 9 - 10 month period or is that an over simplification.

8 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I can live with this, win the cup and the following weekend play Hibs at Tynecastle, and we can party again while the hide in their beds.

I could live with that.

My mrs is going to be pissed off , her birthdays on the 13th and I'll still be pished from celebrating Hearts stopping the great unwashed winning a trophy for a second time in a season after pumping them in the league cup final 3-1 

6 minutes ago, 12XU said:

A day after Gary Glitters birthday - SFA are in the gang

9383A414-0597-465E-88DE-8D4A008A7E25.jpeg

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

My wife's birthday. It's an omen.

And my son's. He's now seen Hearts get beat by St Mirren in a League Cup final and Selik in a Scottish Cup final. Third time lucky. ?

A_A wehatethehibs

Absolute fuds - irrespective of Murrayfield / weegie centrism you could just have the cup final at Celtic Park. Instead they change the entire fixture calendar to revolve around the shite corrgated iron shed where they have their offices

Bulldoze Hampden ASAP - why are UEFA having games there, better facilities at Caithkin Park.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Absolute fuds - irrespective of Murrayfield / weegie centrism you could just have the cup final at Celtic Park. Instead they change the entire fixture calendar to revolve around the shite corrgated iron shed where they have their offices

Bulldoze Hampden ASAP - why are UEFA having games there, better facilities at Caithkin Park.

Agree, they played both cup finals in 2014 and Scotland games at CP because of Commonwealth games , if they can’t fathom moving out of Glasgow why can’t they just do that again (with grey skull as 2nd option if the mhanks get to the final again). 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hearts play better at Hampden than Murrayfield. Happy for us never to play at Murrayfield ever again to be honest. 

Let us be realistic though. Hampden needs every penny and no more games will leave Glasgow that makes money 

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hearts play better at Hampden than Murrayfield. Happy for us never to play at Murrayfield ever again to be honest. 

Let us be realistic though. Hampden needs every penny and no more games will leave Glasgow that makes money 

Any work needed at Hampden will see it out of action, probably with lengthy delays as this is the SFA we're talking about. Games would need to be played at Murrayfield in the meantime, Old Firm hosting already ruled out from past discussions I think.

Murrayfield is crap.

after aek Athens and Celtic, I never want to see it advocated on this board again.

The SC final atmosphere and occasion at Hampden was MILES better than it could have been at Murrayfield, so the story’s over, as far as I’m concerned 

manaliveits105

Saint Peter is it ok if we play the cup final 2 weeks before you win the league again 

Aye ok Porky as long as oor wee team take the 60 minute messi twat aff wur hans 

No bother your majestic ness

10 hours ago, kila said:

Murrayfield is for Rugby. Ibrox or Parkhead are the only two alternatives, so feck that. 

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

Murrayfield is crap.

after aek Athens and Celtic, I never want to see it advocated on this board again.

The SC final atmosphere and occasion at Hampden was MILES better than it could have been at Murrayfield, so the story’s over, as far as I’m concerned 

Agreed. I didn't enjoy Murrayfield at all.

Montgomery Brewster
10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fair point

Wembley just has semis and final though. Weeks later than first game at Hampden.

No incorrect. Wembley has first phase matches as well 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

ticket prices

IMG_20190612_185854.jpg

IMG_20190612_190033.jpg

We're missing out on an opportunity. 

Folk know what needs done. 

FarmerTweedy
14 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

Murrayfield is crap.

That's bollocks!* Murrayfield is easily better than Hampdump, and the atmosphere would have been at least as good, and quite possibly better, if the final had been there.

Edit: I say bollocks, of course you're entitled to your opinion, it's just wrong! ?

Edited by FarmerTweedy

letsalldothebeattie

I don't mind the date being moved to get everything ready for the Euros but they need to bring the end of the league season forward, the Scottish Cup is the closer of the season not the 2nd or 3rd last game

The Treasurer
50 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I don't mind the date being moved to get everything ready for the Euros but they need to bring the end of the league season forward, the Scottish Cup is the closer of the season not the 2nd or 3rd last game

In order to do that they would need to play 2 or 3 more midweek games (assuming there is free dates available).

I just can't understand why about 4 weeks isn't enough time to "prepare" the pitch/stadium after a normal cup final date.

Just now, The Treasurer said:

In order to do that they would need to play 2 or 3 more midweek games (assuming there is free dates available).

I just can't understand why about 4 weeks isn't enough time to "prepare" the pitch/stadium after a normal cup final date.

Wonder then if the media talk of scrapping Scottish Cup replays is an alternative. 

The Treasurer
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wonder then if the media talk of scrapping Scottish Cup replays is an alternative. 

Should have been done years ago.

A knock out cup tie should be just that with extra time and penalties if necessary.

It would also give smaller clubs a better chance of causing an upset.

18 hours ago, Dough Ball said:

Aye but Wembley is actually a real stadium.  Will take Petrie and Maxwell weeks to make Hampden look like something resembling a football stadium to their Uefa chums.

willie wallace

Did they give any idea of what needs to be done before the Euro games?

Can't think of anything that would need to done.We already play games in that tournament at Hampden