Congratulations Mr Petrie

Beast Boy

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Direct result of allowing your nation to be merely region of another country. ?

EH, Scotland is a nation, we have our own football team,  it certainly showed against belgium.

a nation we would have beat 20 years ago, its all gone wrong.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Harry Potter

• Forever Hearts

• Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

EH, Scotland is a nation, we have our own football team,  it certainly showed against belgium.

We are not a nation. We are a region of the UK in everything other than professional sport. For generations of people born here, being Scottish is the equivalent of being from Yorkshire, or the midlands, in terms of national identity.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

We are not a nation. We are a region of the UK in everything other than professional sport. We have generations of people born here that are being Scottish as the equivalent of being from Yorkshire, or the midlands, in terms of national identity.

So you are not proud to be scottish, i am, my parents came from the borders and east lothian, im deffo a scot, dont know what you are saying.

Get you now , i dont have a problem with England , never have,  

The fact that this useless cretin has become SFA President tells everything that is wrong with Scottish Football.  

18 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

So you are not proud to be scottish, i am, my parents came from the borders and east lothian, im deffo a scot, dont know what you are saying.

I don’t have a problem with England either. Happy for them to do their thing. I am not English however, I am Scottish, and I look forward to the day when being Scottish is not just me describing the region of England that I happen to reside in. 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I don’t have a problem with England either. Happy for them to do their thing. I am not English however, I am Scottish, and I look forward to the day when being Scottish is not just me describing the region of England that I happen to reside in. 

Can see where your coming from just a bit, when i was abroad i had my scotland top on with guys (celtic) from glasgow, 

I am Hearts and we all got along , lol, be a first but we did, sorry , you stay in England , but you are still scottish. 

Met a lass from Derby and was close to getting hitched but her boyfriend had other ideas , loved it down there, well 2 days.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Can see where your coming from just a bit, when i was abroad i had my scotland top on with guys (celtic) from glasgow, 

I am Hearts and we all got along , lol, be a first but we did, sorry , you stay in England , but you are still scottish. 

Met a lass from Derby and was close to getting hitched but her boyfriend had other ideas , loved it down there, well 2 days.

Dude. We disagree on this particular point. That’s okay though, and it doesn’t change the fact that I have a hell of a lot of time for you. Look after yourself mate. ?❤️

Harry Potter
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Dude. We disagree on this particular point. That’s okay though, and it doesn’t change the fact that I have a hell of a lot of time for you. Look after yourself mate. ?❤️

Cheers bud, take care.

4 minutes ago, farin said:

If you want a laugh have a read at this old thread Harry. ?

:pleasing:

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, farin said:

If you want a laugh have a read at this old thread Harry. ?

Cheers mate, lol.

So under Petries leadership Hibs have been relegated how many times? 2 or 3? Won exactly what? How many managers has he appointed and sacked? Yet unopposed he’s gets the top job to run Scottish football...

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Would we?

19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Would we?

Remember playing them c20 years ago (Mickey Cameron running at them) and there was **** all between the two teams.

Good old SFA! ?

Harry Potter
22 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Would we?

You win we have won 4 out of 19 games since 1946 lol,  3 draws ha ha, deary dear.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

You win we have won 4 out of 19 games since 1946 lol,  3 draws ha ha, deary dear.

We should utilise some of our children of the empire too. Like Belgium do... oh, wait a minute... we aren’t an actual country, like Belgium are. 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Remember playing them c20 years ago (Mickey Cameron running at them) and there was **** all between the two teams.

Good old SFA! ?

As Harry Potter says, we've won 4 out of 19 games against them so I'd suggest you remove the tartan tinted specs and replace them with reality ones. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

As Harry Potter says, we've won 4 out of 19 games against them so I'd suggest you remove the tartan tinted specs and replace them with reality ones. 

Suggest whatever you want, I’m not in to self-loathing mate. ?

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Suggest whatever you want, I’m not in to self-loathing mate. ?

The stats don't lie, nothing to do with self loathing. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The stats don't lie, nothing to do with self loathing. 

Yeah mate. It’s good that you feel that way. Makes you look great. ?

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah mate. It’s good that you feel that way. Makes you look great. ?

I don't feel any way so God knows what you're talking about. We've won 4 out of 19 against Belgium, deal with it. 

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't feel any way so God knows what you're talking about. We've won 4 out of 19 against Belgium, deal with it. 

Must be my “tartan specs”. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Macdonald Jardine, or Bowman's Boot...I'm still unsure.

Leaning more towards MJ, I think. BB was an independence man. ?

Forever Hearts
26 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Must be my “tartan specs”. :lol:

Must be. Pretty silly denying what's in front of you. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Must be. Pretty silly denying what's in front of you. 

Bowler hats etc.

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Bowler hats etc.

Not sure what that has to do with Scotland winning 4 out of 19 against Belgium but carry on. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Not sure what that has to do with Scotland winning 4 out of 19 against Belgium but carry on. 

Pigs bladders and everyone else in the world thinking you look and act like fat cartoon simpletons with erectile dysfunction...

Oh... sorry, I thought we were resorting to really shite stereotypes to try and make some sort of point...

This is where you say something about shortbread, I think. ?

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Pigs bladders and everyone else in the world thinking you look and act like fat cartoon simpletons with erectile dysfunction...

Oh... sorry, I thought we were resorting to really shite stereotypes to try and make some sort of point...

This is where you say something about shortbread, I think. ?

I have absolutely no idea what you are slavering about. And when you sober up you might not either. 

Night night . 

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

We should utilise some of our children of the empire too. Like Belgium do... oh, wait a minute... we aren’t an actual country, like Belgium are. 

Jeez, give it a fickin rest, its a thread about Petrie not the SNP

57 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Totally. 

Now its England’s fault we have Petrie and his cronies in charge of the SFA? Seriously FFS

5 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

It is relevant.

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Totally. 

Now its England’s fault we have Petrie and his cronies in charge of the SFA? Seriously FFS

Spot on. It’s pathetic and weak. 

It’s a shame my entirely relevant point about national identity affecting national sport has upset so many. Especially when discussing the ineptitude of our national sport’s governing body. Some things must be seen as off the table for discussion. :(

I’ll just stick to pointing out Petrie is a ***** from a long list of *****, joining a long line of *****, in being top *****.

Nookie Bear
59 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s a shame my entirely relevant point about national identity affecting national sport has upset so many. Especially when discussing the ineptitude of our national sport’s governing body. Some things must be seen as off the table for discussion. :(

I’ll just stick to pointing out Petrie is a ***** from a long list of *****, joining a long line of *****, in being top *****.

What is the direct connection between Scotland's relationship with the UK (by which you mean England) and Petrie's rise to the throne?

Genuine question.

There is an argument to be had over the funding of Scottish sport in a UK context but i don't think that is what you mean.

Calebs Grandad
17 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

We are a nation as quite simply Scottish is a valid nationality. 

Calebs Grandad
8 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

??

Harry Potter
7 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

We are a nation as quite simply Scottish is a valid nationality. 

Correct.

3fingersreid

Didn’t want to give this its own thread but I got last night from a hibs supporting colleague. 

Now that Petrie has taken this job , approved by STF, it means STF now has no one inside the club which opens the way for , (can’t believe I’m writing this)  , a proposed takeover from either the Barclay brothers OR a consortium of Americans who are prepared to pump in millions to the club . 

This is the same guy that told me that popcorn teeth would reject all offers to leave hibs as he loved the club !!

Anyways Scottish football will never grow and succeed as it should when the likes of Petrie , Lowell , Doncaster etc are running it . 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Didn’t want to give this its own thread but I got last night from a hibs supporting colleague. 

Now that Petrie has taken this job , approved by STF, it means STF now has no one inside the club which opens the way for , (can’t believe I’m writing this)  , a proposed takeover from either the Barclay brothers OR a consortium of Americans who are prepared to pump in millions to the club . 

This is the same guy that told me that popcorn teeth would reject all offers to leave hibs as he loved the club !!

Anyways Scottish football will never grow and succeed as it should when the likes of Petrie , Lowell , Doncaster etc are running it . 

Driscoll Brothers maybe!

21 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Oh, Hibs... :facepalm:

26 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Petrie still stays as Chairman at Hibs. 

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Petrie still stays as Chairman at Hibs. 

Not according to last nights comedy show he isn’t 

2 hours ago, farin said:

Caption contest.. 

6A480837-741B-4DD6-B444-985ED17FBEF2.thumb.jpeg.eab38a559e415bb5e8a435e0e24984f6.jpeg

HSL rally sees higher than expected turn out.

15 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Rumours on twitter hobos about to get some big investment. 

2C1AFEE7-F668-4474-90CF-351EED820621.jpeg