Jump to content
i8hibsh

Predictions for next season

Recommended Posts

Haringshairband

1. Rangers 

2. Celtic

3. Hearts

4. Aberdeen 

5.Kilmarnock 

6. Hibs

7. St Johnstone 

8. Motherwell

9. Ross County

10. Hamilton 

11. St Mirren

12. Livingston 

 

*Subject to change after the transfer window slams shut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rooster20

Rangers

Hearts

Celtic 

Hibs

Aberdeen

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

St Johnstone 

Ross County

St Mirren

Livingston

Hamilton

 

League Cup-Hearts

 

Scottish Cup-Celtic

 

Optimistic

 :scenes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo

Rangers

celtic

hearts

aberdeen

hibs

st johnstone

motherwell

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tian447
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Glass half full?  If so, thank goodness it wasn't glass half empty.  We'd be staring the Championship in the face.

 

Had fun down there last time, and quite enjoyed watching us demolish teams for a season.  Why not just go for it again? :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders

We will finish 5th I think, and maybe get to final of league cup.  (out in Q-F of Scottish cup)

 

1.  Rangers

2.  Celtic

3.  Aberdeen

4.  Hibs

5.  Hearts

6.  Killie

7.  St Johnstone

8.  Motherwell

9.  St Mirren

10. Hamilton

11. Livingston

12. Ross County

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artful Dodger
1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

We will finish 5th I think, and maybe get to final of league cup.  (out in Q-F of Scottish cup)

 

1.  Rangers

2.  Celtic

3.  Aberdeen

4.  Hibs

5.  Hearts

6.  Killie

7.  St Johnstone

8.  Motherwell

9.  St Mirren

10. Hamilton

11. Livingston

12. Ross County

 

Why do you think that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P

Celtic 

Rangers

Hearts 

Hibs 

Aberdeen

Kilmarnock 

St Johnstone 

Ross County 

Hamilton 

Motherwell

Livingston

St Mirren

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randy Marsh
28 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

Why do you think that? 

He's meant to ask the questions.  Not you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo

With the winger, striker and creative midfielder we need:

 

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Aberdeen

Hibs

Motherwell

The rest

 

Without those signings

 

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hearts

Hibs

Motherwell

The rest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J80MBO
1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

1. Rangers 

2. Celtic

3. Hearts

4. Aberdeen 

5.Kilmarnock 

6. Hibs

7. St Johnstone 

8. Motherwell

9. Ross County

10. Hamilton 

11. St Mirren

12. Livingston 

 

*Subject to change after the transfer window slams shut.

Hearts finishing 3rd? You must know something I dont know.

 

Outside opening 10 games of season we would have finished 2nd bottom.

 

Some turnaround you are predicting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB GIN

I reckon third next year the ugly sisters will contest closely 

Then us Aberdeen and Hibs think we will finish above them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJ93

2nd or 3rd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
42 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

I reckon third next year the ugly sisters will contest closely 

Then us Aberdeen and Hibs think we will finish above them 

in English please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

Tries to troll about the use of the English language.

 

Fails miserably. Standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
merseyjambo

1. Rangers

2. Celtic

 

3-5 Aberdeen, Hibs and Ourselves

6-8 Motherwell, Killie, St Johnstone

 

The Rest 

 

Aberdeen won’t be as strong as last season especially looking likely they will lose GMS. Signings around Curtis Main due to stadium are their level. I like Heckinbottom and he did a great job at Barnsley. His signings so far seem solid and it will be his squad so I think they’ll improve. Us, we’re unpredictable and depends which CL team turns up

 

Killie will struggle after loss of Clarke, Jones and the goalie. Motherwell had makings of a good team but losing Hastie and Turnbull will damage them. St Johnstone have lost Watt and I can’t see them improving

 

The rest don’t look like they have it in them to rise rapidly upwards and will be the bottom 4 again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Tries to troll about the use of the English language.

 

Fails miserably. Standard.

I don't think he got Standard English to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
Just now, Notts1874 said:

I don't think he got Standard English to be honest.

The post in question, was quite insulting to NB Gin, imo. 

 

Let's not play up to the particular troll though & take the thread off topic. That's what he wants. 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

The post in question, was quite insulting to NB Gin, imo. 

 

Let's not play up to the particular troll though & take the thread off topic. That's what he wants. 👍🏻

Agreed. I think Hearts will be relegated by February at the latest. There you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
16 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

“Rod Petrie to be sworn in unopposed as Scottish FA president”

 

We’ve no chance now!

 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/rod-petrie-to-be-sworn-in-unopposed-as-scottish-fa-president-1-4945571

 

 

Speaking to a chairman the other week they said Petrie is an absolute waste of oxygen and that he is not good for the game. He gave a speech at a retirement doooooo and it was so bad people just stopped listening and did their own thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
27 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

in English please

Made sense to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
27 minutes ago, sadj said:

Made sense to me

please explain then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

Hearts finishing 3rd? You must know something I dont know.

 

Outside opening 10 games of season we would have finished 2nd bottom.

 

Some turnaround you are predicting.

 

Doesn't make any sense. you cannot disregard our start last season

 

That's like saying if we didn't win any games we'd have got relegated - aye you're right, but we did win games so its irrelevant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Herbertson

Hearts to win the league. Think we might reach the semi in the Scottish cup and I wouldn't mind winning the League Cup with a reserve team. I did predict the coming season would be the league win five years ago. I admit that even diehards look on me as a simpleton but I live in hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Then us Aberdeen and Hibs -  think we will finish above them 

 

Despite our well documented troubles last season, in head-to-heads we still finished level with Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Hibs.

We also did okay against Celtic, with one win, and coming very close to a point in 2 other matches.

 

Where we let ourselves down badly was: 

against bottom 6 six teams - inexcusable

0 points against Rangers - very poor, that has to improve (yes I know they scored an absurdly offside winner in one game) 

 

We definitely have the potential to finish 3rd. Hopefully a couple of good signings will secure that as a minimum.

 

Pointless predicting cups as it's so dependent on the draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

please explain then

 

You're missing a capital P and a full stop there.

 

And obviously a question mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 minute ago, been here before said:

 

You're missing a capital P and a full stop there.

 

And obviously a question mark.

 

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

please explain then

 You can not be serious? How can you not follow Rangers and Celtic 1 and 2 us , Aberdeen , Hibs 3 , 4 and 5 etc. It was pretty self explanatory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H2
12 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

1.  Rangers (yep, I said it)

2.  Celtic

3.  Hearts

4.  Hibs

5.  Aberdeen

6.  Killie

7.  Motherwell

8.  St Johnstone

9.  St Mirren

10. Hamilton

11. Livingston

12. Ross County

 

I don’t see any team (other than the Huns) being stronger next season.  Hibs will be there or there about, but I think Aberdeen and Killie will be less effective.  I’m not saying that we’ll make huge improvements, but based on what I’ve just said, I reckon a bit more consistency and dig will be enough for us to lead the supporting cast.

Looks reasonable, maybe swap Hamilton and Livingston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Hearts finishing 3rd? You must know something I dont know.

 

Outside opening 10 games of season we would have finished 2nd bottom.

 

Some turnaround you are predicting.

 

 

Maybe folk think we'll add a few players, not get as many injuries and therefor improve over the season. 

 

The difference between 6th and 3rd is about 6 results. 

 

Add in Killie and Aberdeen Likley being weaker, it's hardly beyond all logic. 

 

 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gashauskis9
36 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

 

 

Maybe folk think we'll add a few players, not get as many injuries and therefor improve over the season. 

 

The difference between 6th and 3rd is about 6 results. 

 

Add in Killie and Aberdeen Likley being weaker, it's hardly beyond all logic. 

 

 

Your point about the difference between 3rd and 6th is so so true.👏👏👏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

3rd, 5th, 6th and 6th tells me not to look at the coming season with too much hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
6 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

in English please

Ironic post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
7 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

He always asks the questions.  Not anyone else.

FTFY

 

:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

3rd, 5th, 6th and 6th tells me not to look at the coming season with too much hope. 

 

 

As opposed to every other season when you've been bouncing of the walls with optimism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
29 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Your point about the difference between 3rd and 6th is so so true.👏👏👏

 

 

One thing I noticed and it's a fault as well as a positive is that almost every game was so close, 50/50 pretty much.

 

Dundee at home or Celtic at home I genuinely felt 50/50.

Killie / hibs away v them at home, same feeling. Normally I'm more confident at home, quite a bit more.

 

St mirren away/ Aberdeen at home- same feeling.

 

Only v Rangers all games , celtic away and Aberdeen away ( mainly due to injuries and the nothing game for us) I felt we'd be beat easy.

However, I also rarely felt we'd hammer a team 3/4-0 ( despite some bluster from me on here).

 

I done a manual check, by the end of March, over 60% of all the league games for all clubs had been decided by 1 goal or a draw, IIRC only about 15% were decide by more than two goals. That was about 80% of games decide by 2 goals or less or a draw.

CBA checking the season, might do it and open a thread next week if you porn is down.

 

That tells me 2 things

 

We weren't good/ dominate enough to be overwhelming anyone, even the poorer teams. Our 6th place finish and lack of goals is proof of the obvious

However, if we can stay relatively injury free, add two strikers and maybe another 2 good players we can change a lot of these result to our favour and the jump from 3rd to 6th is very achievable. In fact despite injuries, lack of confidence we were still close in most games give me hope that if we do add the players and keep the team fit we'll win more games , with at least  6 more games being won highly achievable and IMO highly possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
j1964m

Hearts for the treble 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland

As we have no idea who our new signings will be this thread is a bit premature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorillajam
8 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

1. Rangers

2. Celtic

 

3-5 Aberdeen, Hibs and Ourselves

6-8 Motherwell, Killie, St Johnstone

 

The Rest 

 

Aberdeen won’t be as strong as last season especially looking likely they will lose GMS. Signings around Curtis Main due to stadium are their level. I like Heckinbottom and he did a great job at Barnsley. His signings so far seem solid and it will be his squad so I think they’ll improve. Us, we’re unpredictable and depends which CL team turns up

 

Killie will struggle after loss of Clarke, Jones and the goalie. Motherwell had makings of a good team but losing Hastie and Turnbull will damage them. St Johnstone have lost Watt and I can’t see them improving

 

The rest don’t look like they have it in them to rise rapidly upwards and will be the bottom 4 again

 

I think we'll finish 5th next season. However I want to see how Levein does this summer - if truth be told, I'm not confident at all. This past season's Scottish cup run was incredibly misleading (we didn't play SPL opponents) and we were shocking in the league. I feel its too premature forf me to judge and I'm hoping once I see new signings I'll be more optimistic about the forthcoming season. We need some big signings though - last season was terrible.

 

Killie will drop to the bottom 6.They had a well organized manager who got the absolute best out of his players. They are losing Jones and their goalie among others. Clarke was the reason for them being able to source these types of players. I believe Mulumbu is another who has left Killie. Motherwell will be in the top six next season.

 

Hibs will be up their challenging for 3rd/2nd. Heckingbottom is a good manager and I think his recruitment this summer will strengthen them this coming season. Allan is a good start along with the winger they signed this past week. I have seen Jackson a few times - good in the air however he is prone to defensive calamities. He's a bit of a donkey. I'm hoping they don't sign McNulty or McGeough - very good players at SPL level. I can see them swapping roles with Killie - signing good players from England.

 

McInnes actually possessed his strongest side with Aberdeen last summer. They were really strong against Burnley over two legs. Injuries dictated their season right from the start. If he'd had a full squad available I think Aberdeen would have knicked 2nd from The Rangers. Taylor in for Reynolds/Hoban, Main in for May and Hedges in for the ineffective Stewart. Hedges is a fantastic signing - up their with GMS. Incremental improvements but they are improvements non the less. They are not their 'big name signings'. They are rumoured to have signed Bryson (he's better than Shinnie IMO). Also after McGeough (I can see him signing for them). I fully expect them to sign big this summer. Aberdeen will be as strong as ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

I would honestly hate to be you.  What a load of factually inaccurate and negative tosh.  

 

You could have mentioned our injuries in concert with Aberdeens'.  You chose not to.  You could have mentioned many positives such as the Cup Final performance and the outstanding performance of Hickey with number 51 on his back.  You could have mentioned the worrisome setback relating to the major healthscare suffered by Craig levein.  Instead you chose to offer high praise to Hibs manager and their recruitment.  I don't recall them recruiting  Souttar or Naismith but my memory is not what it was.

 

I could go on but will close by pondering whether there is something about the number 51 you're not particularly keen on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would honestly hate to be you.  What a load of factually inaccurate and negative tosh.  

 

You could have mentioned our injuries in concert with Aberdeens'.  You chose not to.  You could have mentioned many positives such as the Cup Final performance and the outstanding performance of Hickey with number 51 on his back.  You could have mentioned the worrisome setback relating to the major healthscare suffered by Craig levein.  Instead you chose to offer high praise to Hibs manager and their recruitment.  I don't recall them recruiting  Souttar or Naismith but my memory is not what it was.

 

I could go on but will close by pondering whether there is something about the number 51 you're not particularly keen on.

Indeed. Glowing reports on Hibs and Aberdeen, though.

 

"Hibs challenging for 2nd"...:rofl:I thought comedy had died with Bill Hicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
12 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

1. Rangers

2. Celtic

 

3-5 Aberdeen, Hibs and Ourselves

6-8 Motherwell, Killie, St Johnstone

 

The Rest 

 

Other than reversing the top two (I think it'll be a desperately tight title race; the first proper race since 2011, with Celtic just hanging on), I agree.

 

Killie losing Clarke means finishing below them again is unthinkable. Aberdeen are getting slowly weaker year on year. Hibs? Definitely the form non-OF team since changing manager... but y'know, it's Hibs.

 

Trouble is, I think we'll start next season very poorly, and will be making a change by Christmas at the latest. It's Levein's replacement who, I think, will take us back towards respectability. So I guess I'll go with 3 Aberdeen 4 Hibs 5 Hearts 6 (probably) Killie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

It’s difficult to tell without knowing signings etc.

 

I’m concerned about next season. I don’t see anything that’s changed from the majority of last season. Absence of creativity, goals and a shaky defence doesn’t traditionally lead to good teams. 

 

Everyone can say others have weakened, and it may well be true, however I see no reason to see we will be better than last season other than hope. Which was pretty ****ing awful for the vast majority. At present nothing has really changed except the month of the year. 

 

I think a good start will be vital. If we don’t I fear saping of confidence of players, team and fans getting frustrated.Whilst, im far from convinced of our management team to turn things around. 

 

Hopefully a a few signings and decent bet Fred will change my mind. However, at present I’ll go for 6th, with turgid football on display for the vast majority of it. There will be positive performance and I think we will see the emergence of a couple of youth players to give us some hope for the future. 

 

I hope to **** I’m wrong and we win the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
16 hours ago, JJ93 said:

2nd or 3rd. 

Ha ...I’ll have some of what you are on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
7 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

 

I think we'll finish 5th next season. However I want to see how Levein does this summer - if truth be told, I'm not confident at all. This past season's Scottish cup run was incredibly misleading (we didn't play SPL opponents) and we were shocking in the league. I feel its too premature forf me to judge and I'm hoping once I see new signings I'll be more optimistic about the forthcoming season. We need some big signings though - last season was terrible.

 

Killie will drop to the bottom 6.They had a well organized manager who got the absolute best out of his players. They are losing Jones and their goalie among others. Clarke was the reason for them being able to source these types of players. I believe Mulumbu is another who has left Killie. Motherwell will be in the top six next season.

 

Hibs will be up their challenging for 3rd/2nd. Heckingbottom is a good manager and I think his recruitment this summer will strengthen them this coming season. Allan is a good start along with the winger they signed this past week. I have seen Jackson a few times - good in the air however he is prone to defensive calamities. He's a bit of a donkey. I'm hoping they don't sign McNulty or McGeough - very good players at SPL level. I can see them swapping roles with Killie - signing good players from England.

 

McInnes actually possessed his strongest side with Aberdeen last summer. They were really strong against Burnley over two legs. Injuries dictated their season right from the start. If he'd had a full squad available I think Aberdeen would have knicked 2nd from The Rangers. Taylor in for Reynolds/Hoban, Main in for May and Hedges in for the ineffective Stewart. Hedges is a fantastic signing - up their with GMS. Incremental improvements but they are improvements non the less. They are not their 'big name signings'. They are rumoured to have signed Bryson (he's better than Shinnie IMO). Also after McGeough (I can see him signing for them). I fully expect them to sign big this summer. Aberdeen will be as strong as ever.

 

 

Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Aberdeen.... 

The force is strong with this one. 

 

Nb- we played and beat  livi in the sc👍

 

The only thing that makes sense is that you say it's too premature to judge.... Right before you judge. 

 

And what is it with hibs on JKB, everyone thinks thier fabby 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RudiHMFC

It doesn't really matter who we sign tbh, recent history tells you most of them will be duds and Levein doesn't change, anything higher than 5th will be a miracle, last season I couldn't wait for the league to be over and I'm not exactly itching to get it restarted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haringshairband
19 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Hearts finishing 3rd? You must know something I dont know.

 

Outside opening 10 games of season we would have finished 2nd bottom.

 

Some turnaround you are predicting.

Just have a feeling it will click into place next season. I'm an optimistic guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieFifeLife

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hibernian

Motherwell

Heart of Midlothian

St Johnstone

Kilmarnock

Livingston

Ross County

St Mirren

Hamilton

 

Live in hope that we can go higher but just can't see it at the moment.  If we pull out a few top signings that might change but more punts on unknown quantities could see us struggle on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB GIN
On 12/06/2019 at 15:43, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

in English please

Get a life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eusabio

Until we know who will be coming in and who will be leaving not just Hearts but also our opponents it is impossible to forecast where we will end up in the league. The cups are difficult to forecast as you can meet a top team in round 1 or have an easier run as we did this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry

Hearts do a Leicester City

Timothies done for match-fixing and corruption

Huns back in the liquidiser

Sheep in admin as their new pen costs run out of control

Hibs relegated

 

the rest in some kind of irrelevant order.

 

😎

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FarmerTweedy
On 12/06/2019 at 00:55, been here before said:

That you wont bother turning up to a single game but you'll come on here spouting the same shite day in and day out and trying to turn every thread into an exercise of 'look at me everyone' .

 

 

I predict that we'll get off to a good start and i8 will be all over jkb within 5 minutes, being a beacon of relentless positivity, as if his relentless stream of drivel from the last few months never happened, before instantly reverting to being a pish-slavering drama queen the instant we drop our first points of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×