MaskedMarauder

Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

RENE
4 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

We all love Mitch a legend on kickback 

Now you're just being silly ???

S Form
41 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Agree its a strange one.  Thought he looked okay on his debut and was certainly no worse than Wighton.  Levein had a habit last season of just randomly dropping players from the the squad entirely despite doing okay in the previous week.  If this tinkering approach continues next season then we will finish no higher than 6th again.  We need to find a settled team.

My take on it is that Levein has seen Vanacek in the flesh for the first time and been mightily unimpressed thinking ‘Oh shit, what have we done here’. After giving him a chance he’s seen that his first impression was correct and decided that he can’t have another Sammon/Martin situation. Therefore, he’s decided to do everything he can to make it clear to Vanacek that he doesn’t have a future with us. Dave, for his part, has decided that since he’s on a decent wedge, he will sit tight until something suitable comes along. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

So you're saying our problem last season was that we didn't play Morrison enough? 

Chortle :P

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

If anyone is prepared to speak up and defend him let’s hear it. 

I don't know Mitch personally, but I do know he was on the same bus as me that went down to Liverpool in 1972 to see Hearts beat Everton 1-0. I don't agree with too much of what he posts, but he is Hearts through and through.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Ach he’s not bad sometimes. Human nature to moan but he takes the cheek well too

Those of us who only know him from his jkb posts will just have to take your word for that! ?

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Sounds like how we play Uche. Almost like we had someone above Cathro who favoured that style of play..........??

Rememeber MDV and kev Mckenna as a CF. Best get used to it.

Smithee
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

We shouldn’t be using him as a target man was my point, everything you’ve said is correct but not what I look for in a striker, if you no what I mean. Robbo couldn’t hold off anyone, facing the goal with the ball at his feet tho, he was deadly. Uche is too enthusiastic and spends too much time dropping short for the ball desperate to be involved that he’s often out of position when balls do manage to get whipped into the box. Or even worse, we go long to him cause we have no midfield and we use him as the out ball. We need someone from midfield going past him, as you’ve mentioned, to benefit from his play or even better, someone who can get to the byline and give Uche something to work with. 

For a wee guy Robbo was an absolute expert at sticking his arse out and holding defenders off while waiting for support, even better at using said arse as a pivot to turn them.

graygo
2 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I don't know Mitch personally, but I do know he was on the same bus as me that went down to Liverpool in 1972 to see Hearts beat Everton 1-0. I don't agree with too much of what he posts, but he is Hearts through and through.

So Everton is his English team eh?  :detective:

graygo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

For a wee guy Robbo was an absolute expert at sticking his arse out and holding defenders off while waiting for support, even better at using said arse as a pivot to turn them.

Glad you posted this, couldn't believe what I was reading.

Coburg Hearts
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

Haha....but I do think he's a GOODiSON of Gorgie.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Indeed he was, *******s like Mcleish and Miller got away with murder but never got the better of him.

kimosavi
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Agreed Robbo was fantastic at holding the ball up for a wee guy

busby1985
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yeah I should’ve worded it better. He was an expert at everything goal scoring related, holding the ball up isn’t the first thing you think about when you think about Robbo tho, putting the ball in the net is, which was what I was trying to say. That’s one thing him and Uche do share, a massive arse haha. 

NB GIN
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

He was that, weird how other people don’t see that  thought he was top drawer at holding it up 

Vlad Magic

6 people none of whom have actually said they know you personally.

Pretty impressive for someone who claims to have supported Hearts for 60 years!! 

You have me convinced!!

King prawn
7 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Rememeber MDV and kev Mckenna as a CF. Best get used to it.

MVD was much better with the ball at his feet than Uche is

MTS1874
19 minutes ago, King prawn said:

MVD was much better with the ball at his feet than Uche is

Also much better in the air.

WageThief
12 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Oh dear your some cookie. Lol

The actual words of an adult man who first attended a game in 1958.  

Reminds me of the time Malcolm Muggeridge was infuriated by clickbait and autotuned vocals.

Pie_Heid
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Not a great endorsement really as Hearts were nowhere near Liverpool in 1972

Imaginary game for imaginary supporter type post?

Although we did play Everton in 1973 at Goodison and pumped them 1-0

Edited by Pie-Heid

EIEIO
6 minutes ago, Pie-Heid said:

Versus Everton in Texaco cup  I was too young too go.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

6 people none of whom have actually said they know you personally.

Pretty impressive for someone who claims to have supported Hearts for 60 years!! 

You have me convinced!!

So by that token, how do we know you aren't vermin?

Pans Jambo

Nobody knows shit!

Jambof3tornado

When are the players due to return to training, obviously at that point we will have an idea of whats what.

Lfhearts

Copy and paste coming your way no doubt.

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

When are the players due to return to training, obviously at that point we will have an idea of whats what.

A week today 

Pie_Heid
34 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Versus Everton in Texaco cup  I was too young too go.

Were you still too young in 1973 when they actually did play Everton at Goodison?

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

A week today 

Not long til we start to hear more then I'd imagine.

EIEIO
19 minutes ago, Pie-Heid said:

Were you still too young in 1973 when they actually did play Everton at Goodison?

Aye.

Selkirkhmfc1874
25 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not long til we start to hear more then I'd imagine.

Yeah and league fixtures out a week today aswell 

graygo
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Nobody knows shit!

That's not fair, I know shit.

I ken aw aboot the Bristol chart and everything.

Pasquale for King
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

They’re all due back at different times, at the end of next week  apparently.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Lambo85

So are we going to sign a new striker then???

mitch41
14 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I was speaking to Drew Busby last season about that game. You want to know something he doesn't remember seeing me in the crowd.

mitch41
11 hours ago, graygo said:

Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool

mitch41
3 hours ago, Pie-Heid said:

Although we did play Everton in 1973 at Goodison and pumped them 1-0

I was with Charlie Tait, Willie Wilson and bumped into Jimmy McLeish behind the goals. Busby scored at our end it was magic. Crystal Palace and Newcastle were memorable away trips in the Texaco Cup  for reasons I can't mention lol.

JamboAl
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I was speaking to Drew Busby last season about that game. You want to know something he doesn't remember seeing me in the crowd.

Did he not hear you?

mitch41
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did he not hear you?

Well Kenny Aird was making too much noise screaming at Donald Ford lol.

sadj
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Those of us who only know him from his jkb posts will just have to take your word for that! ?

I only know him from JKB of the people who i disagree with on here Enzo and him at least understand I don’t usually agree and have a bit of back and forth or banter about it. Some of the more tedious people like Lieson I have blocked now as they have a purely they know better than everyone attitude. Mitch and Enzo will engage. 

But yeah still its only sometimes @mitch41 is ok , but then with all his superfans him finding time for us is akin to Miley Cyrus finding time to re-enact wrecking ball in my living room using me as the ball.

Edited by sadj

Enzo Chiefo
45 minutes ago, sadj said:

I only know him from JKB of the people who i disagree with on here Enzo and him at least understand I don’t usually agree and have a bit of back and forth or banter about it. Some of the more tedious people like Lieson I have blocked now as they have a purely they know better than everyone attitude. Mitch and Enzo will engage. 

But yeah still its only sometimes @mitch41 is ok , but then with all his superfans him finding time for us is akin to Miley Cyrus finding time to re-enact wrecking ball in my living room using me as the ball.

I'm glad you find our contributions engaging Sadj?. Mitch is far better connected with the stars of yesteryear,  Airdie, Parkie and the Buzzbomb etc. 

Icon of Symmetry
Posted (edited)

This took a weird turn. I don’t “love Mitch”. He’s just some punter on the internet like everyone else. His age or how long he’s supported Hearts or whatever shouldn’t be a reason to afford him special privileges.

Don’t particularly have a problem with the guy, but if he’s allowed to troll on the Hearts negative, then why can’t people reciprocate on the Hearts positive?

??‍♂️

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

mitch41
7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This took a weird turn. I don’t “love Mitch”. He’s just some punter on the internet like everyone else. His age or how long he’s supported Hearts or whatever shouldn’t be a reason to afford him special privileges.

Don’t particularly have a problem with the guy, but if he’s allowed to troll on the Hearts negative, then why can’t people reciprocate on the Hearts positive?

??‍♂️

Positive when it’s due, negative when I have to be. Anyway Icon do you really want to 

be in my gang because their are places for JKBers who love to mention my name.

gorgieheart

is this still about D.V  ?  or are we off on a bizarre tangent again  ?

mitch41
47 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm glad you find our contributions engaging Sadj?. Mitch is far better connected with the stars of yesteryear,  Airdie, Parkie and the Buzzbomb etc. 

Alan Mac lived behind me in Niddrie Marischal Grove and he’s a great lad.

Icon of Symmetry
12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Anyway Icon do you really want to 

be in my gang because their are places for JKBers who love to mention my name.

Genuinely don’t have a clue what that means. ?

willie wallace
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I was with Charlie Tait, Willie Wilson and bumped into Jimmy McLeish behind the goals. Busby scored at our end it was magic. Crystal Palace and Newcastle were memorable away trips in the Texaco Cup  for reasons I can't mention lol.

That was some night.Was lashing down all game..We ended up in some dodgy club  in what looked like the middle of a a housing scheme?Sneaked out the back door and done a runner.

Ended up walking for miles back to our "hotel".

40 odd years too early for Uber.

En

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Alan Mac lived behind me in Niddrie Marischal Grove and he’s a great lad.

I met him when he was one of the guides on one of the last Main Stand tours before demolition. Had a few great stories to tell and he's a real gentleman. 

FinnBarr Saunders
6 hours ago, graygo said:

That's not fair, I know shit.

I ken aw aboot the Bristol chart and everything.

Is that about boob size's?

maroonsgotop
5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

remember it well Mitch. Great trip. We went down for the game and came back 3 days later after we hitched up with some girls we had met earlier in the year in the Isle of Man. A few bevs in the pubs near the ground in those very narrow streets and also ended up in the Everton Supporters Club behind the home end. Went with the Pivot to Crystal Palace. Newcastle was something else!!!! Also won 1-0 down at Palace thanks to a late Andy Lynch goal and got robbed at Newcastle after they equalised late on with a goal that was miles offside. Eventually got beat on on pens despite Alan Anderson's very late equaliser in extra time.

mitch41
18 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

remember it well Mitch. Great trip. We went down for the game and came back 3 days later after we hitched up with some girls we had met earlier in the year in the Isle of Man. A few bevs in the pubs near the ground in those very narrow streets and also ended up in the Everton Supporters Club behind the home end. Went with the Pivot to Crystal Palace. Newcastle was something else!!!! Also won 1-0 down at Palace thanks to a late Andy Lynch goal and got robbed at Newcastle after they equalised late on with a goal that was miles offside. Eventually got beat on on pens despite Alan Anderson's very late equaliser in extra time.

Great days. I'm off to meet Micky & starkey at Haymarket for a bevy. Friday night is lads night out. Hope all is well Jimmy. Oh by the way I finally got the seat in the Wheatfield D sitting beside starkey.

ToqueJambo
12 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah I should’ve worded it better. He was an expert at everything goal scoring related, holding the ball up isn’t the first thing you think about when you think about Robbo tho, putting the ball in the net is, which was what I was trying to say. That’s one thing him and Uche do share, a massive arse haha. 

Nearest Scottish modern day equivalent I can think of would be Ryan Fraser if you watch him play for Bournemouth. Fraser has more pace and isn't a striker but he's really hard to knock off the ball. Robbo was like that and had great feet to get shots away in tight situations.