Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

20 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

What makes you think Sammon, Martin and Vanecek were on our top wage?

What makes you think they weren't? Vanececk no chance a top earner, but the others like Sammon, Martin and Osh were top end off our wage cap 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

What makes you think they weren't? Vanececk no chance a top earner, but the others like Sammon, Martin and Osh were top end off our wage cap 

You can be sacked for continued underperformance and not carrying out actions to remedy it. However, it all depends on what his contract says and Hearts legal view on any potential liabilities. Agreeing a ‘mutually agreed’ settlement is often the preferred option.  

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

More moaning from me though Franko ?

You pays yer dues so you are free to continue moaning. ?

hmfc_liam06
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You can be sacked for continued underperformance and not carrying out actions to remedy it. However, it all depends on what his contract says and Hearts legal view on any potential liabilities. Agreeing a ‘mutually agreed’ settlement is often the preferred option.  

I dont think there has ever been a footballer sacked for being shite.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

“Let’s appoint Cathro” was our “let’s invade Russia” moment. Things had been going very well up to that point.

:facepalm:

???

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You pays yer dues so you are free to continue moaning. ?

Ha i know cheers Dave but i even bore myself with it ?

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Maybe i do granted,  thats only because off our huge turnover in players in the past 3 years there has been far more player failures than success stories at  Hearts in recent years. Lots of money squandered 

No-one is disagreeing that we've had too many signings that have failed, but the way you  (and others) talk makes it sound like it's unique to Hearts.

I'm pretty sure all other clubs have had their share of failures but we, as Hearts fans, aren't aware of them. Just like I'd expect fans of say Motherwell or Aberdeen would struggle to name more than one Hearts failed signing

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Losing credibility here.

Smith was brilliant for us last season. 

You've just lost all credibility by suggesting i8 had any credibility to lose!

Absolute Scenes
10 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Sammon, Martin and Vanachek. The guys leaving this summer really do show up how bad our recruitment has been over the past few years. 

heard anything further on the Leeds boy we want, Jay-Roy Grot?

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

No-one is disagreeing that we've had too many signings that have failed, but the way you  (and others) talk makes it sound like it's unique to Hearts.

I'm pretty sure all other clubs have had their share of failures but we, as Hearts fans, aren't aware of them. Just like I'd expect fans of say Motherwell or Aberdeen would struggle to name more than one Hearts failed signing

Fair point but personally i cant remember any other SPL sides having as bad high end signings as us in recent times

Osh, Martin and Sammmon were all high end signings for us dont forget and all came from previous big clubs, stages and failed miserably all within a 3 year period. I'm assuming that nobody can answer who's made similar signings because it doesnt exist 

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Few Czech journalists on twitter are now reporting that Hearts and Vanecek have parted company.

Disastrous signing if true

Really? Signed on a free transfer, only an 18 month deal, moved on within 6 months when it didn't work out. Obviously, none of us know what his terms were, or what, if any, payment he's getting to leave early (if he is going), but lots of clubs have at least one signing that doesn't work out and never gets a sniff of the first team every year. 

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Let’s face it in this particular situation if it had been Hibs we would have been pissing ourselves for weeks. Giving it the big'un about him when he agreed to come, considering paying money to expedite the deal (thank Christ that didn't happen), him talking himself up before he arrived, gets here and he is a total dud. And then the smokescreen about his fitness/unprofessionalism after you've played him and realise he's pony. We must have paid a reasonable signing on fee as he was a pre-contract signing, he'll be on decent money and it will cost us to get rid of him as well. A shambles no matter how you look at it. 

FarmerTweedy

Not what i asked DH 

can you name these players. 3 of them at least who've been handed 3 year deals on their top wage and contributed less than 30 games each in those 3 years. Or those that are into a 3 year deal and still not contributed enough game time 

He'd only be able to do that if he had access to the details of the wages of every player at the relevant clubs, which he almost certainly won't have (just like you)!

FarmerTweedy

Anyway after bumping my gums for months I've only went and renewed my season ticket in a moment of madness 

Just can't not do it,  even with Levein at the Helm ?

Well done. You won't regret it! *

* Guarantee not included. 

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Let’s face it in this particular situation if it had been Hibs we would have been pissing ourselves for weeks. Giving it the big'un about him when he agreed to come, considering paying money to expedite the deal (thank Christ that didn't happen), him talking himself up before he arrived, gets here and he is a total dud. And then the smokescreen about his fitness/unprofessionalism after you've played him and realise he's pony. We must have paid a reasonable signing on fee as he was a pre-contract signing, he'll be on decent money and it will cost us to get rid of him as well. A shambles no matter how you look at it. 

Are you trying to tell me hibs (or any other club) have never made a "next big thing" signing, only for them to turn out to be a dud ?

As I tried to point out, the reason we probably aren't aware of those signings at other clubs is simply because they were duds and hardly played.

Not saying that makes our situation alright, but we're hardly unique.

Hampden Demolition

I have heard that 2 teams from the Czech Republic and a team from Greece have enquired about him. Dependant on what Hearts are looking for in transfer fee terms. From what I’ve heard, Vanacek doesn’t really have any real relationships with the rest of the players at hearts and doesn’t really speak to the backroom staff much.

Absolute Scenes
9 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

F1DF9AC9-36FE-4489-8FD9-126B11BD7478.thumb.jpeg.4743a181f5b2647bc19ee84c2fb57dc8.jpeg

Authentic DV jersey for sale, good condition, hardly worn size L. My daughter has had more use of this than DV ffs! I’m hopeful my sponsor for this year will be more successful 

HHGH ??

I feel terrible for you mate!

All that time standing at the airport giving him that warm welcome, and he's just not up to it

Well done for this though

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Are you trying to tell me hibs (or any other club) have never made a "next big thing" signing, only for them to turn out to be a dud ?

As I tried to point out, the reason we probably aren't aware of those signings at other clubs is simply because they were duds and hardly played.

I have no interest in benchmarking the Vanecek deal against other club's failures. My concern is about time and money wasted and missed opportunity as a semi decent striker who could have played from January onwards may have made a real difference in the second half of the season. 

Dalstonjambo
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Exactly. Didn't Hibs release 17 players or something this summer? 

Listening to the terrace podcast end of season review they brought up a guy from St Mirren who Stubbs paid 75k for, gave a 3 year deal and he played a game and a half and was never seen again. Relatively that's a lot worse than anything we have done recently, but I'd never even heard of him and i'm guessing most on here haven't. All clubs at our level will get a lot wrong. 

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I hope he blossons but I remember creaming myself over Godinho

:facepalm:

I don’t remember Godinho making his debut at 16 and bossing the best player in the country the following week in a cup final.   I don’t think you can compare the two.

3 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Fair point but personally i cant remember any other SPL sides having as bad high end signings as us in recent times

Osh, Martin and Sammmon were all high end signings for us dont forget and all came from previous big clubs, stages and failed miserably all within a 3 year period. I'm assuming that nobody can answer who's made similar signings because it doesnt exist 

Eboue Kouassi, Marvin Compper and Kundai Benyu. 

9 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

F1DF9AC9-36FE-4489-8FD9-126B11BD7478.thumb.jpeg.4743a181f5b2647bc19ee84c2fb57dc8.jpeg

Authentic DV jersey for sale, good condition, hardly worn size L. My daughter has had more use of this than DV ffs! I’m hopeful my sponsor for this year will be more successful 

HHGH ??

Still got the tags on it???

23 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Eboue Kouassi, Marvin Compper and Kundai Benyu. 

Slightly different set of circumstances, given that Celtic have won the last 9 domestic trophies. While we have finished well below our target in the last two seasons.  

9 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Slightly different set of circumstances, given that Celtic have won the last 9 domestic trophies. While we have finished well below our target in the last two seasons.  

Celtic have the budget to carry the odd bad signings whereas we don't.....

43 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I don’t remember Godinho making his debut at 16 and bossing the best player in the country the following week in a cup final.   I don’t think you can compare the two.

Moral of the story is don't let yourself get excited.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I do tend to agree with those saying someone needs to start asking questions about our scouting department. There’s been too many of these types coming into Hearts recently. There’s always going to be guys who don’t make it we know that but in Martin and Vanecek they were two players that were picked to come in and fill 1st positions that are key to the team. I’m not so bothered about Sammon he was proven up here so I could see the logic. It’s always these higher profile signings we get wrong.

On the flip side the players Levein is picking are now improving, he wanted Mulraney and many questioned it but he’ll be a first pick next season, Wighton jury is out on but he’ll keep trying with him. Keena and Burns her sent out on loan has them back and I see good things in them. MacDonald will come back a better player from ICT. Naismith was through Levein, Berra and Souttar also.

All in we should probably just leave it to Levein maybe some sort of DoF and academy role? 

you could look back over the last 20 odd years and there have always been duffers just happens unfortunately some players just fail to live up to their reputation Husref Musemic and Hans Eskillson spring to mind. I'll forgive Husref as he scored against the Hobbits at Tynie ;)

10 hours ago, Barack said:

Really? You're not being over-reactionary again are you.

For instance...

Screenshot_20190611-234620_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190611-234553_Chrome.jpg

What an absolute slaver. So desperate for bites, he's even contradicting himself. :rofl:

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Not what i asked DH 

can you name these players. 3 of them at least who've been handed 3 year deals on their top wage and contributed less than 30 games each in those 3 years. Or those that are into a 3 year deal and still not contributed enough game time 

Are the three players you’ve mentioned on our top wage ?

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Really? Signed on a free transfer, only an 18 month deal, moved on within 6 months when it didn't work out. Obviously, none of us know what his terms were, or what, if any, payment he's getting to leave early (if he is going), but lots of clubs have at least one signing that doesn't work out and never gets a sniff of the first team every year. 

Good point actually. Completely forgot he was on a pre contract. Stand corrected regarding that. I imagine he was on a decent wage but that is without any knowledge just an opinion. 

36 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Are the three players you’ve mentioned on our top wage ?

I'd say so all came with big Reps from big clubs and a top wage would have been needed to secure them signing 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Well done. You won't regret it! *

* Guarantee not included. 

No Guarantees in football ?

2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'd say so all came with big Reps from big clubs and a top wage would have been needed to secure them signing 

Big Reps. This guy?

Johnny Rep.jpg

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The disaster was that, due to the injury to Uche we really needed a striker to come in and have an impact and the failure of Vanacek to make even the tiniest impression was a real blow for the rest of the season.

been here before
15 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Big Reps. This guy?

Johnny Rep.jpg

41 years ago yesterday he broke the nations heart with a great goal which has been overshadowed by Archie Gemmills masterpiece.

Edited by been here before

24 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

So you're guessing or making it up?

27 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

You’re just making an assumption.

Osh arrived from Israel....the average wage in their top division is less than half of the Scottish Premiership.

Martin came from Norway who’s average footballers wage is also considerably less than Scotland.

Sammon may well have come from England where cash is aplenty.....but just because his deal with Derby was probably hugely lucrative it doesn’t mean we broke the bank to get him.

Our overall deal may well have suited him better ie Length of contract and location etc etc etc.

Anyway.....

Celtic signed two players for over a million pound each and they’ve played less than 20 games combined in 3 seasons.

It happens at clubs with far more extensive Scouting networks than we will ever be able to fund.

Edited by DH1986

Absolute Scenes

I honestly think we need to give this lad time to get up to speed. He is to blame for his position, but I don't think we can afford to let him go. IF he gets fit we don't need to worry about bringing 2 strikers, just the one (Shankland/MacGennis), more money for better midfielders/wingers.

I think this is all rumours as Levein has even said he needs a clean slate - and for that to change so quickly from saying that it either has to be lies or Vanacek has seriously seriously messed up somewhere

But he needs to get his head right, knuckle down and train like this is his last chance.

I thought that it was reported on here that Vanecek had really been putting the effort in, doing a lot of extra fitness work over the past few weeks and recent months?

Suddenly he's been doing **** all, and is getting punted?  I don't believe it for a second, and if it turns out to be true, there must be something serious going on in his life for him to throw away his career like that.

25 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You’re just making an assumption.

Osh arrived from Israel....the average wage in their top division is less than half of the Scottish Premiership.

Martin came from Norway who’s average footballers wage is also considerably less than Scotland.

Sammon may well have come from England where cash is aplenty.....but just because his deal with Derby was probably hugely lucrative it doesn’t mean we broke the bank to get him.

Our overall deal may well have suited him better ie Length of contract and location etc etc etc.

Anyway.....

Celtic signed two players for over a million pound each and they’ve played less than 20 games combined in 3 seasons.

It happens at clubs with far more extensive Scouting networks than we will ever be able to fund.

Yes i am 

Oshaniwa was just back from a world cup 

Martin had Monaco and Boro as previous clubs 

And Sammon was on big money down south compared to what we can offer 

They'd have been on the high earners list for sure and a hefty sign on too 

Who are these Celtic players? That have played 3 seasons and only racked up only 20 games? 

Names please 

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Yes i am 

Oshaniwa was just back from a world cup 

Martin had Monaco and Boro as previous clubs 

And Sammon was on big money down south compared to what we can offer 

They'd have been on the high earners list for sure and a hefty sign on too 

Who are these Celtic players? That have played 3 seasons and only racked up only 20 games? 

Names please 

You really have no idea what the players earned and you’re ur guessing for effect.

The Celtic players.....

Gamboa and Compper.

You could also chuck in Dorus De Vries if you want ?

Do you want anymore ?

Edited by DH1986

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

heard anything further on the Leeds boy we want, Jay-Roy Grot?

Nah I haven’t spoken to the guy that told me about it since last week; so no idea if anything has progressed or not. 

Absolute Scenes
23 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Nah I haven’t spoken to the guy that told me about it since last week; so no idea if anything has progressed or not. 

thanks for sharing mate

He seems like just what we need

His name is

To summarise, no one on here has a clue what's happening.

For what it's worth, I hope the guy is working hard and is a success for us.