Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

gorgieheart

So, if we paid no fee and then get a fee... money for auld rope, so to speak..? 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

alwaysthereinspirit
36 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

"Do I hear 15 bob, a bag of used balls, some orange cones and some yellow bibs?"

Thank G-d we can laugh at ourselves.

Nookie Bear
28 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

So, if we paid no fee and then get a fee... money for auld rope, so to speak..? 

True, but we needed Van and his absence may have cost us a Europa League place?

On 11/06/2019 at 23:05, mitch41 said:

Yes you are spot on but let’s not dwell on last season we have to look forward to

the coming season and get behind the team and hope that Levein proves most of the 

Hearts support wrong because it looks like Ann Budge isn’t going to sack him. Get 

behind Hearts and support our team home and away because Gorgie Rules OK.

You changed your tune recently. Timing is uncanny. I wonder why?

E72ECC5A-2236-4656-A659-4EC4D14F914F.png

On 12/06/2019 at 16:18, Absolute Scenes said:

We don't know its his physical fitness

One poster has already confirmed they've seen him training and he looks in top shape

It could be his mental fitness that's the issue - unless you think that's not a viable excuse?

As long as he is willing to see a councillor I would support him 100%.

Jambo, Goodbye
6 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

How has Vanecek let us down :lol: he didn't get a chance to do anything or turn it round after Levein hauled him off after half an hour against Dundee, our manager, DoF and scouting team have let us down, yet again.

Turns up unfit,  spends several months trying to lose weight, time not well spent. 

As for not getting a chance,  they all train every day at Riccarton 5 days a week,  plenty reserve games too. They get plenty chances during the week.

If he still can't even get on the bench despite nearly all our strikers being injured, then he's not shown enough despite being given multiple chances to push himself back in the squad. 

Or does impressing in training only count if you're a youth player? 

6 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Greece are shite

Probably better than Scotland but agreed.

Geoff Kilpatrick
27 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

If you are accusing Mitch of being vermin then be brave enough to come out and say it.

17 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Well I thought Ann Budge isn’t going to do the right thing with Levein & co. So what’s the point 

falling out with diddy’s. I and my confederates will give our team Heart of Midlothian our full 

support as usual. Look it’s a season where we need everyone pulling in the same direction 

because if we get it right Hearts can do something special.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If you are accusing Mitch of being vermin then be brave enough to come out and say it.

I think he’s undercover Hibs vermin.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Vlad Magic has no idea about me if he thinks i’m a Low- Bee. Since my first game at Tynie 

in 1958 vAberdeen 5-1 to the Jambos i’ve been called many things but never one of the wee 

teams supporters. I suppose there’s always a first for everything.

Edited by mitch41

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I think he’s undercover Hibs vermin.

I don't. There are many things I may think of Mitch but vermin isn't one of them.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Vlad Magic has no idea about me if he thinks i’m a Low- Bee. Since my first game at Tynie 

in 1958 vAberdeen 5-1 to the Jambos i’ve been called many things but never one of the wee 

Just words.

Off to watch the US Open Golf.

I expect i tidal wave of support for Mitch including others outside Australia who have this unique ability to post CET.

You really want someone to speak up for me. Why not ask me yourself and i’ll give 

you the truth about me. 

You haven’t many posts to your name are you maybe a provocateur ?

I just might of found you out my wee pal.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

True, but we needed Van and his absence may have cost us a Europa League place?

So you're saying our problem last season was that we didn't play Morrison enough? 

No way is Mitch a Hibby.

Turn pussed auld mumper who can't stand anything to do with Hearts, most definitely.

Unfortunately there's a few like him that prefer moaning about anything rather than seeing the positives. 

Best avoided to be honest.

36 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ill assume annoying pain in the fookin hoop is one of the more polite things you’ve been called mitch ?

7 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

No way is Mitch a Hibby.

Turn pussed auld mumper who can't stand anything to do with Hearts, most definitely.

Unfortunately there's a few like him that prefer moaning about anything rather than seeing the positives. 

Ach he’s not bad sometimes. Human nature to moan but he takes the cheek well too

13 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

No way is Mitch a Hibby.

Thanks wee man that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever posted about me.

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ill assume annoying pain in the fookin hoop is one of the more polite things you’ve been called mitch ?

I get so many fans supporting me it’s embarrassing but I love it.

46 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don't. There are many things I may think of Mitch but vermin isn't one of them.

Geoff your a star you can join my gang. Gorgie Rules OK.

1 hour ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Turns up unfit,  spends several months trying to lose weight, time not well spent. 

As for not getting a chance,  they all train every day at Riccarton 5 days a week,  plenty reserve games too. They get plenty chances during the week.

If he still can't even get on the bench despite nearly all our strikers being injured, then he's not shown enough despite being given multiple chances to push himself back in the squad. 

Or does impressing in training only count if you're a youth player? 

Plays the first game (90 mins) second game he's hauled off and he's rubbish according to the manager, then he's unfit, then he's back in the team for 45 mins then he's unfit again.

It's all a case of a player being handled absolutely horribly by the manager and he goes down as another dud buy by our manager and DoF.

5 hours ago, Bauld said:

Uche is good with his back to goal. He can take the ball in and hold off defenders (sometimes 3 of them at once) but is then forced to do the rest of the work himself as well. We don't have anyone around him who can make that killer run to receive the ball and finish it off. We have forwards and midfielders supporting him but none with those instincts. 

If we sign Naismith and he stays fit that all changes but we need another. Shankland would be a great signing I feel.

We shouldn’t be using him as a target man was my point, everything you’ve said is correct but not what I look for in a striker, if you no what I mean. Robbo couldn’t hold off anyone, facing the goal with the ball at his feet tho, he was deadly. Uche is too enthusiastic and spends too much time dropping short for the ball desperate to be involved that he’s often out of position when balls do manage to get whipped into the box. Or even worse, we go long to him cause we have no midfield and we use him as the out ball. We need someone from midfield going past him, as you’ve mentioned, to benefit from his play or even better, someone who can get to the byline and give Uche something to work with. 

Mitch is sound. Just honest. He’s allowed like anyone to give across his feelings about Hearts. Maybe I’ve missed it but I rarely see him get personal about other posters.

And who hasn’t moaned in the last 8 or 9 months?  The ones that moan about moaning just can’t face the reality half the time tbh.

I just can’t get my head round this DV situation. Is he getting to start again with a clean slate or not? Reading the EEN and it says a ‘host of clubs’ from three different countries are looking to sign him, yet he’s being kept out not only the team but the squad, by MaClean and Wighton. Science is less baffling that the saga that is...or isn’t Dave Vanacek. I really wanted this guy to be the answer and the perfect foil and partner for Uche. I guess the hunt goes on for a real strike partner. Totally underwhelmed by the situation 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Jambo, Goodbye
4 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Plays the first game (90 mins) second game he's hauled off and he's rubbish according to the manager, then he's unfit, then he's back in the team for 45 mins then he's unfit again.

It's all a case of a player being handled absolutely horribly by the manager and he goes down as another dud buy by our manager and DoF.

I'm not trying to absolve Levein from any blame on this signing,  but Van clearly turned up unfit. That's why his performance was branded rubbish (he wasn't called rubbish as far as i remember).

He was having a good season up until December. His fitness is the only explanation to his failure to even get on the bench.  That's consistent with much of what's been said about him by both coaches and fans. 

Do you think he landed in Edinburgh in peak physical condition? 

Randy Marsh
6 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Agree its a strange one.  Thought he looked okay on his debut and was certainly no worse than Wighton.  Levein had a habit last season of just randomly dropping players from the the squad entirely despite doing okay in the previous week.  If this tinkering approach continues next season then we will finish no higher than 6th again.  We need to find a settled team.

Jambo, Goodbye
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

If this tinkering approach continues next season then we will finish no higher than 6th again.  We need to find a settled team.

Tbf, injuries leading to us playing youngsters and players fresh from long injuries such as Clare and Godihno caused much of the tinkering. 

Agree we need a more settled team,  with more luck on the injury front,  we'll get that next season. 

grumpyespana
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

??Mitch is Hearts to the core.

#mitchthelegend

We all love Mitch a legend on kickback 

41 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Agree its a strange one.  Thought he looked okay on his debut and was certainly no worse than Wighton.  Levein had a habit last season of just randomly dropping players from the the squad entirely despite doing okay in the previous week.  If this tinkering approach continues next season then we will finish no higher than 6th again.  We need to find a settled team.

My take on it is that Levein has seen Vanacek in the flesh for the first time and been mightily unimpressed thinking ‘Oh shit, what have we done here’. After giving him a chance he’s seen that his first impression was correct and decided that he can’t have another Sammon/Martin situation. Therefore, he’s decided to do everything he can to make it clear to Vanacek that he doesn’t have a future with us. Dave, for his part, has decided that since he’s on a decent wedge, he will sit tight until something suitable comes along. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

So you're saying our problem last season was that we didn't play Morrison enough? 

Chortle :P

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

If anyone is prepared to speak up and defend him let’s hear it. 

I don't know Mitch personally, but I do know he was on the same bus as me that went down to Liverpool in 1972 to see Hearts beat Everton 1-0. I don't agree with too much of what he posts, but he is Hearts through and through.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Ach he’s not bad sometimes. Human nature to moan but he takes the cheek well too

Those of us who only know him from his jkb posts will just have to take your word for that! ?

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Sounds like how we play Uche. Almost like we had someone above Cathro who favoured that style of play..........??

Rememeber MDV and kev Mckenna as a CF. Best get used to it.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

We shouldn’t be using him as a target man was my point, everything you’ve said is correct but not what I look for in a striker, if you no what I mean. Robbo couldn’t hold off anyone, facing the goal with the ball at his feet tho, he was deadly. Uche is too enthusiastic and spends too much time dropping short for the ball desperate to be involved that he’s often out of position when balls do manage to get whipped into the box. Or even worse, we go long to him cause we have no midfield and we use him as the out ball. We need someone from midfield going past him, as you’ve mentioned, to benefit from his play or even better, someone who can get to the byline and give Uche something to work with. 

For a wee guy Robbo was an absolute expert at sticking his arse out and holding defenders off while waiting for support, even better at using said arse as a pivot to turn them.

2 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I don't know Mitch personally, but I do know he was on the same bus as me that went down to Liverpool in 1972 to see Hearts beat Everton 1-0. I don't agree with too much of what he posts, but he is Hearts through and through.

So Everton is his English team eh?  :detective:

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

For a wee guy Robbo was an absolute expert at sticking his arse out and holding defenders off while waiting for support, even better at using said arse as a pivot to turn them.

Glad you posted this, couldn't believe what I was reading.

Coburg Hearts
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

So Everton is his English team eh?  :detective:

Haha....but I do think he's a GOODiSON of Gorgie.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Indeed he was, *******s like Mcleish and Miller got away with murder but never got the better of him.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Agreed Robbo was fantastic at holding the ball up for a wee guy

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yeah I should’ve worded it better. He was an expert at everything goal scoring related, holding the ball up isn’t the first thing you think about when you think about Robbo tho, putting the ball in the net is, which was what I was trying to say. That’s one thing him and Uche do share, a massive arse haha. 

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

He was that, weird how other people don’t see that  thought he was top drawer at holding it up 

6 people none of whom have actually said they know you personally.

Pretty impressive for someone who claims to have supported Hearts for 60 years!! 

You have me convinced!!